The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #476
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
If they can't use the word 'Adamantium'. They could probably get around it by claiming Ultron built himself w/some unknown metal that's stronger than they ever seen.
They don't need it. Vibranium exists in the MCU. That's why there's speculation of more of it's involvement because they were scouting Cape Town as a potential shooting location .... i.e. Wakanda.

Quote:
......but it's so much FUN!!!
Not for people like myself who come here hoping that new posts contain some legit news or "logical" speculation.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #477
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
If they can't use the word 'Adamantium'. They could probably get around it by claiming Ultron built himself w/some unknown metal that's stronger than they ever seen.
Call it Metallica.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #478
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

What would happen in the comics if SW used her hex magic on or around(to get inside Ultron´s body) vibranium, would it just absorb it?

Will Ultron run on the same stuff as IM? The same energy I mean.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #479
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
What would happen in the comics if SW used her hex magic on or around(to get inside Ultron´s body) vibranium, would it just absorb it?

Will Ultron run on the same stuff as IM? The same energy I mean.
That actually happens in Ultron Unlimited. Scarlet Witch's powers are a weakness for Ultron. Which leads me to believe that I know how this bad boy ends. QS and SW are criminals that Ultron releases from prison to plague the Avengers. They then wise up and join and they provide the fatal blows.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #480
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
They don't need it. Vibranium exists in the MCU. That's why there's speculation of more of it's involvement because they were scouting Cape Town as a potential shooting location .... i.e. Wakanda.

Not for people like myself who come here hoping that new posts contain some legit news or "logical" speculation.

Didn't stark say that all there was in the world was in that shield though?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #481
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You don't think it would make sense to bring in a character who is going to be fully fleshed out in his own movie just a few months after AoU?
Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie is not going to have anything to do with Ultron and it will probably have little to do with the MCU. It's a stand alone story crafted by Edgar Wright before the MCU took off. There will most likely be little MCU references thrown in just to connect it to the MCU, which wasn't the case in the original script. Pretty much the "The Wolverine" of the MCU. Wright's Ant-Man and Whedon's Avengers 2 were NEVER going to have anything to do with each other. If you wanna blame anyone for this blame Edgar Wright.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #482
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ya, in the 1940's .... you don't think it's possible that the scenario could change with all the excavation that could've possibly taking place up until now?

If they're going to involve Wakanda into this (unconfirmed), I can't see any other reason. There is nothing on Earth that Ultron could be made out of, which would be able to hold up against the Hulk or Thor. Unless of course the Destroyer armor plays a role.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #483
Loki882
Side-Kick

Was The US military working with Wakanda during WWII, it doesn't appear so. If not, then Stark not having access to more vibranium or knowing about it makes sense.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #484
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie is not going to have anything to do with Ultron and it will probably have little to do with the MCU. It's a stand alone story crafted by Edgar Wright before the MCU took off. There will most likely be little MCU references thrown in just to connect it to the MCU, which wasn't the case in the original script. Pretty much the "The Wolverine" of the MCU. Wright's Ant-Man and Whedon's Avengers 2 were NEVER going to have anything to do with each other. If you wanna blame anyone for this blame Edgar Wright.
You really believe Kevin Feige is going to allow a *standalone* movie in the MCU....? Good luck with that.

Plus, I'll remind you of Wright's exact quote when asked whether Ultron was in his original story of Ant-Man: “I cannot really get into that, but umm… I’ll say no. No he wasn’t.”

Why would he respond with that kind of equivocation? Could it be that he had to choose his words carefully in order to give an honest response without ticking off the Marvel Snipers? "No, he wasn't...." But does that adequately answer whether or not Ultron is in the script now?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #485
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Did he say 'all in the world' or 'that's all we have', implying the US Army/Starks R&D department?

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #486
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Did he say 'all in the world' or 'that's all we have', implying the US Army/Starks R&D department?
"It's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there is all we got." - Howard Stark

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 08-02-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #487
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Guardians of the Galaxy is a standalone movie. :/

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #488
Loki882
Side-Kick

It has Thanos in it, so it isn't standalone in that regard.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #489
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
"It's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there is all we got." - Howard Stark
And there you have it.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #490
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
And there you have it.
Which could certainly bring in Wakanda, Really lookin forward to phase 3. Dr Strange, possibly a black panther movie

Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #491
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Ummm guys, Edgar Wright confirmed that Ultron was never a part of his Antman movie.

http://sciencefiction.com/2013/08/01...ights-ant-man/

How do you guys feel about this???
How can V'ger mate w/his creator

Old 08-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #492
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But does that adequately answer whether or not Ultron is in the script now?
Why would Ultron be in the script now? lol I thought it was already established by Whedon that Ultron comes from the established Avengers. Edgar Wright's Ant-Man was thought up without the MCU and Ultron in mind. Of course, things changed now that The Avengers has been such a big success, but I doubt a whole lot changed.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #493
Frico
Grayson

Quote:
Which could certainly bring in Wakanda, Really lookin forward to phase 3. Dr Strange, possibly a black panther movie

You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #494
Loki882
Side-Kick

A Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie would be fantastic (pretty please Feige, pretty please). I also want a Black Widow spy thriller (pretty please again).

Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #495
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ironstar View Post
if they can't use the word 'adamantium'. They could probably get around it by claiming ultron built himself w/some unknown metal that's stronger than they ever seen.
Uru

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #496
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Uru
That lovely dwarfish metal

Old 08-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #497
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
That lovely dwarfish metal
heh can you imagine if Ultron had a few of himself and one throws the other made of Uru and the target ducks and URU-Utlron returns to the other Ultron destroying them both. lol

LOVE that one subtle difference in the two metals, URU returns to the owner.
ooo lookit post 500 for the thread

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 08-03-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #498
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
That actually happens in Ultron Unlimited. Scarlet Witch's powers are a weakness for Ultron. Which leads me to believe that I know how this bad boy ends. QS and SW are criminals that Ultron releases from prison to plague the Avengers. They then wise up and join and they provide the fatal blows.
There was never any vibranium in Ultron unlimited. There were 3 types of robots. 2 of them were made off true adamantium, some second adamantium and a lot of em titanium, I think.

Adamantium and Vibranium aren´t the same. Vibranium isn´t that hard it just absorbes, hence the question if hex magic count as something it does absorb. Adamantium on the other hand is an extremely hard metal that doesn´t store energy. It ´s weaker against heat tho.

In West coast Avengers Hawkeye uses his vibranium arrow to absorb the energy of Ultron´s trap.

I think that maybe SW uses that hex thing to beat Ultron, just not the final version. He gathers vibranium to absorb this energy, making him indestructable to her-> TA in then end. In the end tho, all Avengers combined manage to overload the vibranium thus making it expload. Thor uses lightning, Hulk bashes the body out of control, Iron man uses his lasers, Scarlet using her stuff, basically all standing around him doing their thing. (i don´t know if Hulk should smash, I am not sure how effective kinetic energy is, but it should help since he is so strong.)

Quote:
Ya, in the 1940's .... you don't think it's possible that the scenario could change with all the excavation that could've possibly taking place up until now?

If they're going to involve Wakanda into this (unconfirmed), I can't see any other reason. There is nothing on Earth that Ultron could be made out of, which would be able to hold up against the Hulk or Thor. Unless of course the Destroyer armor plays a role.
The Destroyer is never going to happen so might as well stop bringing that up.

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-03-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #499
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Why would Ultron be in the script now? lol I thought it was already established by Whedon that Ultron comes from the established Avengers. Edgar Wright's Ant-Man was thought up without the MCU and Ultron in mind. Of course, things changed now that The Avengers has been such a big success, but I doubt a whole lot changed.
Yeah, just a couple of weeks ago actually, Wright said his Ant Man script hasn't changed much at all in tweaking it to fit the MCU.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #500
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Vibranium is not of this world, so it could probably be obtained

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Closed Thread