The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #976
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

There are a few characters who could lend themselves to dying. Nick Fury, Thor even Steve could all kick the bucket

Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #977
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFBI View Post
There are a few characters who could lend themselves to dying. Nick Fury, Thor even Steve could all kick the bucket
but all of those have a way of coming back, which i don't think applies to "killing off a franchise"

the most expendable will easily be Hawkeye, who wont ever get a solo film. Followed by Fury (Who could always be replaced with another fury)...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #978
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I saw some animatics that were scrapped for the most part out of The Avengers on cbm. It has a lot of cool stuff that I think would have been in the movie if the budget allowed it. During the last battle, Jarvis turns on Tony and starts to sound more like Ultron. It could be something to think about, since Whedon might still want to go that route for Ultron.

Edit: Here it is.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Liking the TDK soundtrack

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #979
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Any chance that (if the actors are announced for the Phase 3 movies outside of Thor 3, Cap 3 and Avengers 3) that there will be a mention of the Phase 3 heroes at the end of the movie?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #980
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
but all of those have a way of coming back, which i don't think applies to "killing off a franchise"
Thats why i picked them. its a good compromise between Whedon and Marvel

Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #981
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Why are people worried by that interview? Look how he starts it off.."I’m always joking about that. Um…maybe?”....... “But I’d have to have a really good reason...etc"

He says he's always joking about it. Joking, that's how he starts it off, then goes on to say, maybe. Then goes on to explain what he would do, essentially IF he were to kill someone off.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #982
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

doesnt sound like he plans to kill off anyone major

Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #983
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Thing is it's the same idea with the Asgardians, we HEAR a British accent, but is it truly how they hear themselves speak?
Rocket talks to and understands planet life it really doesn't make a big difference what he sounds like, tho to ME some kind of Country/western accent would seem to fit better seeing as Raccoons aren't IN England.

Exactly.
If you wanted to put *some* kind of logic to RR's accent, it would help to keep in mind that he is an actual raccoon, genetically modified, and raccoons are native only to North America.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #984
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ lol Super man in Thor, RR in AoU, what's next?

Old 08-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #985
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ lol Super man in Thor, RR in AoU, what's next?
BatFleck in every thread.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #986
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
When/Why did people get so hung up on the idea of Rocket Raccoon having an English accent?
because he's been portrayed with one in every appearence he's made in different media (except one episode of ultimate spider-man). and as far as i'm aware from his first appearence in the comics he was "english"

Old 08-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #987
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
because he's been portrayed with one in every appearence he's made in different media (except one episode of ultimate spider-man). and as far as i'm aware from his first appearence in the comics he was "english"

True on the first part (video games, cartoons), false on the second part (comic books). Rocket originally spoke in a lot of colloquialisms and dropped his "g"s a lot (goin', fixin', lookin', etc.), but those could just as easily be ascribed to a Southern drawl or even to a Ben Grimm-style Brooklyn dialect.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #988
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I saw some animatics that were scrapped for the most part out of The Avengers on cbm. It has a lot of cool stuff that I think would have been in the movie if the budget allowed it. During the last battle, Jarvis turns on Tony and starts to sound more like Ultron. It could be something to think about, since Whedon might still want to go that route for Ultron.

Edit: Here it is.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
It's like they were trying to set up Age of Ultron with that scene....huh...maybe it IS JARVIS that turns into Ultron?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #989
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
It's like they were trying to set up Age of Ultron with that scene....huh...maybe it IS JARVIS that turns into Ultron?
It was clear (to me, at least) that what seemed like JARVIS talking was really Loki using the AI's voice to manipulate Tony.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #990
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It was clear (to me, at least) that what seemed like JARVIS talking was really Loki using the AI's voice to manipulate Tony.
True.... Loki was obviously trying to sway Tony in that animatic but I never connected the dots

Old 08-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #991
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Seemed like Jarvis to me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #992
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Yup, that's what I saw, too.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #993
Crimson King
Throwing shade

It's interesting that we can see Wasp included in those animatics. I wish we could've gotten her, Hank or no Hank.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 08-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #994
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It's interesting that we can see Wasp included in those animatics. I wish we could've gotten her, Hank or no Hank.
Yeah, regardless of whether or not it would've really "worked" or not, I'd like to see the original script to see what Joss had in mind for Wasp.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #995
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
True on the first part (video games, cartoons), false on the second part (comic books). Rocket originally spoke in a lot of colloquialisms and dropped his "g"s a lot (goin', fixin', lookin', etc.), but those could just as easily be ascribed to a Southern drawl or even to a Ben Grimm-style Brooklyn dialect.
ya i wasn't sure, the scan someone else posted though had him using "English" slang though.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ps56ad8659.jpg

Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #996
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
I'm trying to read some good into that. “But I’d have to have a really good reason, a really great sequence for [Marvel executives] to go, ‘We’ll cut off a potential franchise, that’s fine!’" Perhaps Marvel has put its foot down when it comes to sacrificing characters who have many more films ahead of them. The MCU is a different proposition from the comics. Each hero has a lot more to contribute than merely the drama that would arise from their deaths.
Much more! And a good writer can raise the stakes and make the danger seem real without actually killing them off.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #997
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, regardless of whether or not it would've really "worked" or not, I'd like to see the original script to see what Joss had in mind for Wasp.
I remember Joss saying in some interview that he never really finished that version of the script, he got to page 150-something with no end in sight and decided things needed to be reworked. That may not have been fully down to Wasp, though. That version of the script also had a full backstory for Hawkeye with him a member of the team from the beginning instead of Loki's zombie, and a second, more physical villain

Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #998
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm kind of glad that we got BW and Hawkeye. Marvel already set them up in previous movies and it was nice to have a couple of non-powered members on the team (technically Cap is to).

Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #999
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

BW and Hawkeye were a sure thing either way...

Widow was going to essentially be the only new character introduced (other than hill) which i do think would have been fine

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #1000
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
ya i wasn't sure, the scan someone else posted though had him using "English" slang though.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ps56ad8659.jpg
Yeah I don't know too many Southerners or Brooklyn natives who say things like 'old bean' and 'Jolly Good'

I don't really care if he has an accent or not in the movie but it apparently has precedent from long before Marvel vs Capcom.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread