The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #151
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

I very much think we will see the MoE. As CosmicCap said, CA:TWS will play the biggest role in setting up AoU. I can't believe this would mean anything other than setting up the Masters (of Evil) as The Avengers greatest perceived upcoming threat. And the reason they develop Ultron to begin with.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #152
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Phase 2 has just begun plenty of time to set up A2 and Ultron, its already been said that Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be the most setup for Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Care to take a guess on how it would set it up? Just curious since Captain America and Ultron would seem to be only connected through Vibranium. Would love to hear ideas from a fellow fan.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #153
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I very much think we will see the MoE. As CosmicCap said, CA:TWS will play the biggest role in setting up AoU. I can't believe this would mean anything other than setting up the Masters (of Evil) as The Avengers greatest perceived upcoming threat. And the reason they develop Ultron to begin with.
So how much of the movie do you think is dedicated to Ultron then? In my opinion Ultron needs at least one entire film to get his entire story fleshed out.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #154
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

To be honest I'm not sure exactly what will be set up for Ultron in Cap. Kevin Feige just said that would be the film that had the most to do with the Age of Ultron. I guess we'll find out in April.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #155
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Many, and I include myself, think that Redford will turn out to be the Skull. But... Marvel has been known to alter things, so here's a theory off the top of my head: What if Peirce is actually Zemo, but this version of Zemo is the Skull's son? A product of a union the Skull had after his transformation but before his one way ticket to limbo.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 07-27-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #156
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
So how much of the movie do you think is dedicated to Ultron then? In my opinion Ultron needs at least one entire film to get his entire story fleshed out.
Well, look at it this way. With or without the MoE, Ultron has to be introduced early as a, "good guy" or at least a functional utility and then slowly become badder and bigger until the final showdown.

So what happens in the meantime? My guess? Some form of the MoE pop up. Thus introducing the Maximoffs and explaining Grillo's presence. Moreover, Ultron has been depicted as the leader of the MoE in the comics. So there's no reason we wouldn't see Ultron forcing them to do his bidding in this as well.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #157
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
AIM shouldn't be behind the creation of Ultron. It should be mostly all the Avengers fault. I think AIM will have some kind of role in the film that may segway with Ultron, but they shouldn't be the ones to actually create him. I also think the only role Cap 2 will have in setting up A2 is setting the stage for it (like, the situation and alliances that will be present when A2 begins). I don't think there will be much in the way that leads to creating Ultron in the film. I believe most of the "set up", if you can call it that, for that was in IM3.
Contrast that with this, from Joe Russo:

Quote:
"There's a very strong connection in the narrative between the events of the end of "Avengers" that drive this film -- and there's a very strong hand off to "Avengers 2" at the end of this movie. And Kevin Feige's whole thing is that this is the biggest bridge of all of Phase 2 movies; it really is. It does involve the most amount of Avengers of any of the films in Phase 2, and it has sort of a, you know, there's a very big shift in the universe at the end of this movie."

"The big shift in the universe happens because of him. It's not something where we had to feel like we had to patchwork in all of these other narrative elements, it's really [Christopher] Markus and [Stephen] McFeely wrote an amazing script that really streamlined this concept that Kevin wanted to get out there."
"And it's very personal to Cap, too," added fellow director Anthony Russo. "I think that's the other thing, even though it's a big event that connects it to the rest of the universe, it's very much Cap's relationship to that and we enter the whole thing through him. So it's all riding on his shoulders and in terms of his experience at this moment with this movie."

Feige and Russo keep saying that CATWS is the movie that informs the rest of Phase II and AoU; *not* any other movie, including IM3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
You know, now that I've read this Whedon quote again, the prospect is pretty exciting. I'm not really attached to Hank Pym so I've never had a problem with him not being involved.

"We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

Maybe that means each of the Avengers will have a hand in creating Ultron. Tony builds him, Banner does some of the brain wave type stuff. Steve teaches him how to fight or something like that. Maybe Ultron is essentially the Avengers combined.
Why would they do this? Some sort of "craft project" on their days off?

"Hey guys, let's get together and build a killer robot"
"Yay! Sounds like fun"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #158
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think Ultron would be needed to break the Masters of Evil out of SH.I.E.L.D. custody. I think this is the kind of storyline the movie will follow:

-Tony creates Ultron, who is the next big thing for Tony. Kind of like creating the Mark 2 and 3.

-Ultron's A.I. is corrupted and JARVIS is infected.

-Ultron, knowing every dirty secret S.H.I.E.L.D. has ever tried to keep, heads to the Triskelion.

-Captain America is at the Triskelion following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

-Ultron, knowing that Captain America is an Avenger because of JARVIS, combats him. Unsuccessful, he flees with the freed Super Villains.

-Ultron, assembles them in order to distract the Avengers so he can plot the perfect trap.

-The Avengers and Masters of Evil battle and the Avengers win.

-Ultron creates Vision, I'm not sure how yet, and Vision takes the Avengers to Wakanda.

-Ultron has a new body made out of Vibranium and is ready to take on the heroes.

-The Avengers defeat Ultron and Iron Man realizes he is actually needed to pilot the suits.

Some outliers in this story:

-How will Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch be involved?

-If a final battle takes place in Wakanda will Black Panther be involved?

-How will the Avengers actually assemble?

-Could Ultron possibly create Ragnorak?

-Will Ultron use an army? Would they be Iron Man suits or generic robots, etc.

-Will Iron Man create a new suit to fight Ultron? If so, which one? Finished Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Godkiller, Black and Gold, etc.

-How will everyone perceive Tony after this?

-How is Vision created and will he have a love interest with Scarlet Witch? Will Hawkeye be involved?

-Who will make up the Masters of Evil?

-Lastly, how or who actually creates Ultron? SH.I.E.L.D.? Tony? Or is it a combination of events? A combination of ideas or people?

Last edited by AlexanderLykins; 07-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #159
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why would they do this?
Why would Hank Pym do it Sam? Answer that question and apply it to the Avengers and your question will also be answered. It's not that complicated.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #160
Raiden
The Captain

I don't think MoE is confirmed for A2, although I think that would probably make it a stronger movie and justify Ultron's creation in the first place.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #161
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Part of me wants to see the Masters of Evil, because it would be cool to see Blonsky and Killian again. But I think that would be stuffing the movie with WAY too many things. I imagine it's just going to be Ultron, on his own, systematically ruining everyone's lives.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #162
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Part of me wants to see the Masters of Evil, because it would be cool to see Blonsky and Killian again. But I think that would be stuffing the movie with WAY too many things. I imagine it's just going to be Ultron, on his own, systematically ruining everyone's lives.
I don't know if the masters of evil will be in the film, but I can't imagine that Ultron will be the only villain. What MS movie has only had one villain?

Now, I know Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver might fill the roles of the secondary adversaries, but I could see there being more.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #163
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I don't think MoE is confirmed for A2, although I think that would probably make it a stronger movie and justify Ultron's creation in the first place.
That would make sense!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #164
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

If they use Blonsky again I hope he's grown fins. His IH look was pretty stupid.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #165
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know if the masters of evil will be in the film, but I can't imagine that Ultron will be the only villain. What MS movie has only had one villain?

Now, I know Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver might fill the roles of the secondary adversaries, but I could see there being more.
I agree 100% but can't imagine them not being a part of the movie. Otherwise what else are you going to put into the movie? Why would the Avengers need to assemble otherwise. Ultron isn't a personal villain for Banner, Thor or Captain America. So why should they care about Ultron to begin with? It's going to take something big happening to get Thor involved. Just food for thought.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #166
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
If they use Blonsky again I hope he's grown fins. His IH look was pretty stupid.
I agree with this too! Maybe he has mutated further and looks like the actual Abomination from the comics. Regardless his look will get an update much like the Hulk's in Marvel's The Avengers.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #167
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Contrast that with this, from Joe Russo:

Feige and Russo keep saying that CATWS is the movie that informs the rest of Phase II and AoU; *not* any other movie, including IM3.
They also specifically say in other interviews it's about where alliances lie at the end of the film and even there that "a big shift occurs in the universe". As I said, it sets the stage for A2...they've said that themselves, literally, in the interview you posted. It doesn't mean they have a roll in the creation of Ultron...especially when Feige said it didn't. Feige said all the phase 2 films will tie-in to A2. That means IM3 as well, and it's obvious IM3 would have the most to do with the technology that goes into creating Ultron. And Feige specifically said that IM3 does a lot to set up A2, you just won't realize it until the phase is over. The elements are all there.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #168
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
So you see Ultron being the focus of an entire movie? There has to be something else.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #169
divan
Side-Kick

Now I've remembered: Iron Man Three, final scene. Tony Stark is in the ruins of his old home, saying that he'll always be Iron Man. Just before he leaves, he picks a screwdriver, signalising that he's going to built 'something'.

Now, when IM3 came out, most people assumed he was just going to rebuilt his suits. Now I believe that meant he was going to built something else.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #170
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Now I've remembered: Iron Man Three, final scene. Tony Stark is in the ruins of his old home, saying that he'll always be Iron Man. Just before he leaves, he picks a screwdriver, signalising that he's going to built 'something'.

Now, when IM3 came out, most people assumed he was just going to rebuilt his suits. Now I believe that meant he was going to built something else.

You get a Scooby Snack... Hell two Scooby Snacks!!

I am not even a fan of the idea of Tony building ULTRON, but this seems spot on.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #171
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Why would Hank Pym do it Sam? Answer that question and apply it to the Avengers and your question will also be answered. It's not that complicated.
Hank Pym did it because he was inspired by the mad scientist who created Dragon Man to build his own robot; because he had become somewhat of an expert on cybernetics after building the Ant-Man helmet that allowed him to communicate with ants; and he did it by literally infusing the robot with his own badly damaged brain engrams that caused Ultron to go permanently psycho from the get-go.

Feel free to apply that scenario to the MCU (Pym-less) Avengers in any way you see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They also specifically say in other interviews it's about where alliances lie at the end of the film and even there that "a big shift occurs in the universe". As I said, it sets the stage for A2...they've said that themselves, literally, in the interview you posted. It doesn't mean they have a roll in the creation of Ultron...especially when Feige said it didn't. Feige said all the phase 2 films will tie-in to A2. That means IM3 as well, and it's obvious IM3 would have the most to do with the technology that goes into creating Ultron. And Feige specifically said that IM3 does a lot to set up A2, you just won't realize it until the phase is over. The elements are all there.
The elements are all there in *your* own mind. You choose to wave off the CATWS comments as just referring to the dissolution of SHIELD and the rebirth of HYDRA, like either of those is some great unexpected secret. I, however, choose to take the guys who know at their word, and look for CATWS to be the movie that leads directly to Age of Ultron, because of some Pandora's box or other that Cap and the other characters in that movie unleash.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #172
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
I think Ultron would be needed to break the Masters of Evil out of SH.I.E.L.D. custody. I think this is the kind of storyline the movie will follow:

-Tony creates Ultron, who is the next big thing for Tony. Kind of like creating the Mark 2 and 3.

-Ultron's A.I. is corrupted and JARVIS is infected.

-Ultron, knowing every dirty secret S.H.I.E.L.D. has ever tried to keep, heads to the Triskelion.

-Captain America is at the Triskelion following the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

-Ultron, knowing that Captain America is an Avenger because of JARVIS, combats him. Unsuccessful, he flees with the freed Super Villains.

-Ultron, assembles them in order to distract the Avengers so he can plot the perfect trap.

-The Avengers and Masters of Evil battle and the Avengers win.

-Ultron creates Vision, I'm not sure how yet, and Vision takes the Avengers to Wakanda.

-Ultron has a new body made out of Vibranium and is ready to take on the heroes.

-The Avengers defeat Ultron and Iron Man realizes he is actually needed to pilot the suits.

Some outliers in this story:

-How will Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch be involved?

-If a final battle takes place in Wakanda will Black Panther be involved?

-How will the Avengers actually assemble?

-Could Ultron possibly create Ragnorak?

-Will Ultron use an army? Would they be Iron Man suits or generic robots, etc.

-Will Iron Man create a new suit to fight Ultron? If so, which one? Finished Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Godkiller, Black and Gold, etc.

-How will everyone perceive Tony after this?

-How is Vision created and will he have a love interest with Scarlet Witch? Will Hawkeye be involved?

-Who will make up the Masters of Evil?

-Lastly, how or who actually creates Ultron? SH.I.E.L.D.? Tony? Or is it a combination of events? A combination of ideas or people?
I like what you say. How do you suggeset that the A.I goes nuts? There has to be a reason for why Tony failed with building it.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #173
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Okay so I've come around to the idea that Hank Pym doesn't create Ultron. I actually really like the suggestion that the Avengers as a group create him, which in turn makes him a stronger character. HOWEVER, like with jaqua, I don't believe Pym will be *completely* removed from his origin. Joss is too much of a purist and a fanboy to do that. I believe Ultron will be an old, locked away project started by a mentally unstable scientist back in the eighties or whenever who's currently missing. Either Tony comes across it or SHIELD bring it to him and it's revived. Chaos ensues.

Come to Ant-Man, and you have the interesting plot thread of a missing scientist to resolve. Plus, that was already hinted at with Selvig's line in Thor anyway - "SHIELD showed up, and he was never heard of again."

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #174
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Itīs nothing wrong with it itself that Ultron is an old project. It would tie Pym to it in a good way. Itīs just that itīs too much of a coincidence? I mean wouldnīt you want to know more about the creation.

It feels as if that is a way to keep Pym in the story at the expense of a good origin story that would be making sense based on earlier movies?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #175
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I don't really see how it's an issue. I mean, sure, it does seem a little forced but done right you wouldn't even think about it. We already know TWS will lead in to AoU, and I think someone else here mentioned it already, but maybe Pierce is advocating for this old Ultron project to be brought back and replace the Avengers and that can be introduced in TWS so it isn't forced

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Closed Thread