The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #351
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
But in SR Superman made choices that were much stupider and more destructive than in MOS, and the critics gave it a much higher rating.

In SR, Superman leaves earth, thus allowing a mass-murdering criminal to be released from prison. True, the way it happened does not correspond with how our legal system works, but obviously in SR they are in an alternate world, where key witnesses need to be present for appeals. Superman would clearly know this (and if he does not, he is clearly negligent), thus he should not leave earth. Thus, all the problems after Luthor's release can be blamed on Superman. Then there is his being a deadbeat Dad and abandoning the woman he loves.

In MOS, some seem to say "Superman should have taken the fighting out of Metropolis". Besides the fact that the only way they suggest doing this is the open Metropolis to mass drestruction of Superman II, they are missing the main cause of desctruction in Metropolis. Metropolis was not mainly leveled by the Superman/Zod fight. The main cause of the destruction, and the only cause of death is the World Engine beam. Superman goes to fight and destroy it as fast as he can. He acts expeditiously to save humans.
Yeah but Supes tackled Zod through a building/gas station to go fight him in populated areas

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #352
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman497 View Post
Couldn't agree more! I just saw the movie again at a second showing. Costner is embarrassing. I like when he limps out of the car like a dog with a thorn in his paw. The tornado looks horrible. Freaking Martha locked the damn dog in the car! The way he dies is just silly.
Yeah Costner embarassing well for you embarassing is taking care of human lifes and also for their dog showing the wonderful person he was... yeah so embarassing?... Yeah Martha knew there was a tornado coming after the tornado was there and then he locked the dog she close the door to protect the dog not to run across smth... talking about stupid arguments about costner hurt is that you don't care for human life... videogames have affected your mind... The way he dies is the way he needed not the best... sacrifing his life for his son converting in the hero the world needs... if the tornado doesn't look like the movie twister is bad designed... tornado experts that don't know that not all the tornadoes look the same...
talking about a hater biased about a movie with silly comments... go back to your batman forums if you didn't like it

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #353
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
Why don't you act in a rational way where you mother's life is being threatened. Actually if you want to blame someone for being wreckless it needs to be the military for turning Smallville into full war zone. More damage was done by military missiles in Smallville than by Kryptonians.
That whole fight scene happened because Supes tackled Zod through a silo and a gas station.
Eh what were you expecting the military to do?? Come and try to negotiate with Faora and Nam-Ek?? lol xD The military had no choice but to use deadly force.Supes crashed Faora in an IHop shop filled with people and he also threw Nam-Ek into trains which then exploded

Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #354
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yeah but Supes tackled Zod through a building/gas station to go fight him in populated areas

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
those buildings were evacuated... and in the gas station I didn't see people hurt... do you know the meaning of casualties? all the heroes make mistakes and even if they have no experience doing that... but how superman should know where they gonna land if he was only trying to take away Zod from his mom... seemed you didn't see the movie carefuly

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #355
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I think so. Honestly, I think it makes it worse. After destruction that likely resulted in the deaths of thousands of people, the movie just now acknowledges that collateral damage and civilian casualties are a thing, and Superman just now shows distress over the potential deaths of four people when before he didn't seem to even think about the probable deaths of thousands going on around him? That feels extremely cynical, like the suddenly serious tone at the end of the fight didn't even matter to the film makers, they just threw it in because they thought people would be expecting it.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #356
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
None of the Marvel heroes attracted a baddie that tried to kill all life on the planet.
Thanos and Ultron are coming.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #357
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
That whole fight scene happened because Supes tackled Zod through a silo and a gas station.
Eh what were you expecting the military to do?? Come and try to negotiate with Faora and Nam-Ek?? lol xD The military had no choice but to use deadly force.Supes crashed Faora in an IHop shop filled with people and he also threw Nam-Ek into trains which then exploded
the military went cause they tracked the two ships landing on smallville not because those things you're saying.. also superman crashed Faora in the IHop to save the guy in the airplane who attacked them!!! did you see the movie? cause you seemed like you only tell us what you want

Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #358
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay View Post
thanos and ultron are coming.
marvelite on sight..

Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #359
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
WOW marvelites supporting each other

Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #360
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
those buildings were evacuated... and in the gas station I didn't see people hurt... do you know the meaning of casualties? all the heroes make mistakes and even if they have no experience doing that... but how superman should know where they gonna land if he was only trying to take away Zod from his mom... seemed you didn't see the movie carefuly
Eh he could tackled him and fought Zod in the corn field No reason for him to go through a silo

Old 08-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #361
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
marvelite on sight..
Eh jeez man, i was just straight up answeing a question, doesn't make me a Marvelite

Old 08-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #362
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Just because something works in the comics or cartoons, it doesn't mean it will work on live action
tell that to the Avengers!!! the movie tried to go to a more realistic way not only Im the hero I always win not bad things would happen.. the threat's can't handle with us.... right Marvel?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #363
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
EPIC moment

Old 08-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #364
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Eh no, it was the failure to acknowledges the loss of human life, that was the problem for me. The movie wrapped up as if the invasion never happened. You know, Metropolis has been rebuilt, everyone's happy, Clark starting his new job at the newly built Daily planet.Yep I think Clark must have erased everybody's memory about the invasion or the Men In Black showed up and this is a movie that's trying to be "realistic" as you say

Say what you want about The Avengers but at least they showed the aftermath of the invasion, you know, the impact it had on people, the destruction, the lives lost, showed people in mourning etc.MOS did nothing to acknowledge any of that

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
which lives lost they showed if the humans in avengers are like indestructible bugs with explosions and then nothing happened...
If they didn't show the consequences of the invasion doesn't mean that didn't happen... they never focused on the buildings of metropolis... but that could be adressed on the sequel... yeah realistic for you is going to take shawarma and people's in one screen showing we love the avengers I want Tonys beard?... yeah Good for you... I prefer this ending all the way...

Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #365
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Dude what did you expect?? lol xD The whole Batman vs superman movie (or whatever they;re calling it) feels like a cash grab to me It seems to me like WB panicked over some of the reaction MOS has gotten and have decided to bring out the big gun rather than focus on a MOS sequel. And also MOS didn't make the numbers they were expecting at the box office even though it's still a success.
They didn't expect a billion even more from a reboot... the numbers were great cause is a reinvention not following movie as TDK or TA... but many people seem to dont understand...

Old 08-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #366
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Funny thing is, Zod never made an attempt to kill any humans up until the family he wanted to fry with his heat vision He was following and fighting Kal-El across the city The irony is, I thought Supes would take Zod into space to fight him there but nope, Zod was the one who tackled Supes into space and threw a satelight at Kal-El lol xD
fighting as an irrational beign as Zod IMO he wanted Kal... he wanted to make him suffer..Zod also wanted to make Clark kill him or if no Zod will kill Supes.. he has no purpose in life... Zod didn't tackle supes throught the space.. Zod tackled but Superman threw him throught space and to the satelite...

Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #367
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Eh he could tackled him and fought Zod in the corn field No reason for him to go through a silo
Yeah flying at such speed gives him time to think where they put... they were not floating

Old 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #368
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Eh jeez man, i was just straight up answeing a question, doesn't make me a Marvelite
your commentaries tell us other thing

Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #369
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
To show what Superman would look like masturbating in a waterfall.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #370
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
fighting as an irrational beign as Zod IMO he wanted Kal... he wanted to make him suffer..Zod also wanted to make Clark kill him or if no Zod will kill Supes.. he has no purpose in life... Zod didn't tackle supes throught the space.. Zod tackled but Superman threw him throught space and to the satelite...
eh yes he did, Zod grabbed Kal's cape and threw him into 2 buildings then tackled him and flew straight-upwards with him. When Supes threw him at the satelite, they were already in space

Last edited by TeeKay; 08-15-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #371
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
You'd think people would've at least left the city and ran for the hills the minute the Zod video was played to the world.

On another note, so I was thinking about the infamous neck-snapping scene again and then I was reading the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic where Superman gets duped by the Joker and kills Lois inadvertently as well as reading the latest issue of The Adventures of Superman(where Superman gets duped by Luthor into stopping all these different disasters only to miss one where somebody dies) and I came to this thought.

Is one of Superman's character flaws is that he's a tad easier to fool and manipulate?(In no way I'm saying that Superman is dumb, stupid, unintelligent at all as people like Frank Miller paint him to be. What I'm saying is, do you think Superman's the type to leap before he looks while for Batman, it's the other way around? Especially when lives are in danger?)

Did Zod use Clark's love of Earth's people to manipulate him into killing him just to haunt Clark from the grave, as said in the classic line by Faora that "A good death is its own reward"?

Would any of you say it's a valid interpretation?
That's a good point, never thought of that

Old 08-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #372
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
tell that to the Avengers!!! the movie tried to go to a more realistic way not only Im the hero I always win not bad things would happen.. the threat's can't handle with us.... right Marvel?
You know, on the Marvel threads I've been on, no one blasts DC. They have their opinions about the movies themselves, but they don't take cheap shots at the creators.

I just don't understand in MoS, why Clark couldn't save his father from a tornado. The majority of the people clearly aren't going to be looking at what he's doing, but sheltering themselves from the tornado. And even if they did see, they would question their own eye witness accounts based on the circumstances. In other parts of the movie, Clark clearly uses his superpowers in more overt ways where more people would witness what he was doing.

I agree with the scenario of Clark's father "sacrificing" himself to protect Clark, but I don't agree in the way which it was done in the movie.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #373
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
You know, on the Marvel threads I've been on, no one blasts DC. They have their opinions about the movies themselves, but they don't take cheap shots at the creators.

I just don't understand in MoS, why Clark couldn't save his father from a tornado. The majority of the people clearly aren't going to be looking at what he's doing, but sheltering themselves from the tornado. And even if they did see, they would question their own eye witness accounts based on the circumstances. In other parts of the movie, Clark clearly uses his superpowers in more overt ways where more people would witness what he was doing.

I agree with the scenario of Clark's father "sacrificing" himself to protect Clark, but I don't agree in the way which it was done in the movie.

Thank you for saving me, I was about to get lynched over here

Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #374
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
I look similar to this after All You Can Eat Night at Taco Barn.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #375
roach
I am the night

Quote:

Thank you for saving me, I was about to get lynched over here
um but you were the one who brought up the Avengers in talking about how the end was treated

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Closed Thread