The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #551
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

They are not going to introduce the Justice League without Superman.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #552
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Just got done watching MOS again, and man what an AWESOME movie! I cannot wait for the Blu Ray!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #553
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Just got done watching MOS again, and man what an AWESOME movie! I cannot wait for the Blu Ray!
U made it sound like the movie just released. Lol

Old 09-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #554
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
What the heck happened to that Superman animation celebrating 75 years that Synder was directing and was shown at Comic Con?

There was all that talk about it and then... nothing.
Gone with the wind I guess.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #555
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
U made it sound like the movie just released. Lol
lol....well it really doesn't get old to me. I just can't get enough of it.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #556
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol....well it really doesn't get old to me. I just can't get enough of it.
Where are you still watching it cause it's nowhere to be found here in NY.....except well you know.....bootleg

Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #557
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

HEY GUYS... I´ve been here for a while following this great site but I've never presented myself... Thanks for being part of this wonderful... my username is Superman of steel.. whatever you guys need I'm here

Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #558
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I've only seen this movie once, so I can't wait until the Blue-Ray comes out so I can see it again.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #559
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
HEY GUYS... I´ve been here for a while following this great site but I've never presented myself... Thanks for being part of this wonderful... my username is Superman of steel.. whatever you guys need I'm here
Ur signature looks very familiar... do u have another poster name?

Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #560
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I've only seen this movie once, so I can't wait until the Blue-Ray comes out so I can see it again.
same here.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #561
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Ur signature looks very familiar... do u have another poster name?
my previous name was juansuperiron20 but I've changed it

Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #562
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Attention Canadian MOS FANS!
I just pre-ordered The Man of Steel Collectors 3D Edition in the Steel "S" glyph case from Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Man-Steel-Colle...s=man+of+steel

Says it comes with a free shirt, anyone know anything about this? Only Amazon Canada lists it like that, if it's true then that takes the pain of the price away a bit. I'd love to know what the shirt looks like, i've never wanted a bluray so bad in my life.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #563
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #564
smallville fan
Hero

I like how Zod's armor in the Doomsday one-shot in Batman/Superman looks familiar.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #565
roach
I am the night

Because comics have never drawn inspiration from movies

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #566
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Warner Bros. Closes $450 Million Financing Deal With Dune, Brett Ratner's RatPac (Exclusive)
UPDATED: The deal will cover Warners' entire movie slate up to 75 titles, and would last three or four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Siegel
According to a source, a quiet negotiation took place that resulted in Ratner not having creative input on the films, a move that Ratner fully supported. As part of the deal, the director-producer won't provide notes or be in the editing room on the titles, though his RatPac logo will grace the films.

The new RatPac-Dune deal would be different than Warners' arrangement with Legendary, which could cherry-pick the movies it financed. Multiple sources say the arrangement also will cover a portion of Man of Steel, the pricey Superman reboot that opened in June.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #567
georgec
Not a hero

Uh...congrats, WB?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #568
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Am I the only one that's kind of surprised, if not shocked, on how much this video game battle between Zod and Superman resembles their fight from MOS?lol

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juM8l...DrY0bg&index=9

Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #569
!Superman!
Side-Kick

....? i think you need to watch the movie again...^^

other than the suits this is nothing like the movie.

-did Zod shot superman with a weapon?
-did he have a Phantom Zone attack?
-did he say "kneel before zod" ?
-did Zod throw superman into the moon?
etc.

answer is NO^^

only thing that was similar in style was the level transition sequence. But you could say that about every movie where somebody is crashing through a building. Transformers etc.

Last edited by !Superman!; 10-07-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #570
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Testify ! MOS is truly awesome, the most underrated film of the year.

The DVD release can't get down here soon enough.

cheers.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #571
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

The scale of the action and the way it was shot just got more and more impressive with repeated viewings, when you could take it all in more. I watched "Avengers" again after it, and in all honesty, it felt a bit tame and sanitised, and I really liked the Avengers movie.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #572
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
....? i think you need to watch the movie again...^^

other than the suits this is nothing like the movie.

-did Zod shot superman with a weapon?
-did he have a Phantom Zone attack?
-did he say "kneel before zod" ?
-did Zod throw superman into the moon?
etc.

answer is NO^^

only thing that was similar in style was the level transition sequence. But you could say that about every movie where somebody is crashing through a building. Transformers etc.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #573
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjaw View Post
what the heck happened to that superman animation celebrating 75 years that synder was directing and was shown at comic con?

There was all that talk about it and then... Nothing.
Quote:
gone with the wind i guess.
nope!!!

Quote:
zack synder animated superman short to premiere at nycc

the long-awaited premiere of the special 75th anniversary animated short created by "man of steel" director zack snyder and "superman: The animated series" producer bruce timm will take place at a superman 75th celebration panel at new york comic con on saturday, october 12.

The panel, scheduled to start at 12.15pm, will run for an hour in room 1d at the javits center in nyc, and will see bruce timm in attendance to present the animated short.
  • as the most recognizable superhero in the world, superman has flown high in film, tv, radio, animation, video games and, of course, comics for 75 glorious years. Join a star-studded panel covering the gamut of supes' incarnations as they discuss the beloved character's many personifications, impressive history and ongoing relevance within society and entertainment. You won't want to miss the world premiere of a special 75th anniversary animated short created by "man of steel" director zack snyder and "superman: The animated series" producer bruce timm (who will be on-hand to present the short). Dc comics co-publisher dan didio and mike carlin, creative director/animation, dc entertainment will anchor the panel.
for those unable to attend, the panel can be viewed through the nycc live stream at www.newyorkcomiccon.com/nycclive.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #574
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
The scale of the action and the way it was shot just got more and more impressive with repeated viewings, when you could take it all in more. I watched "Avengers" again after it, and in all honesty, it felt a bit tame and sanitised, and I really liked the Avengers movie.
When it comes to visuals and how to shoot a film, Snyder definitely has Whedon beat in my honest opinion because as far as I've seen, Whedon still shoots things as though he were filming a TV Episode/Movie.

A lot of the stuff that I saw in "Iron Man 3" was better than what was shown in "The Avengers' action wise.

But nevertheless, I think the only thing that Snyder really needs is someone strong in the writing department to make a great film, but too bad goyer isn't that strong writer as he is an ideas man.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #575
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
nope!!!
Hooray! That has the potential to be something really special, a real goosebump inducing trip through Superman history. Looking forward to it!

Closed Thread