The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #576
Binker
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

More great news!

Quote:
As we reported two days ago, the long-awaited premiere of the special 75th Anniversary short created by "Man of Steel" Director Zack Snyder and "Superman: The Animated Series" Producer Bruce Timm will take place at a Superman 75th Celebration panel at New York Comic Con today, Saturday, October 12.

We're told that the Animated Short covers Superman's complete 75 year history, across pretty much every incarnation. From all reports, the 2 minutes animated short is something to behold, and should be available online soon after it premieres at New York Comic Con. It will also be included as part of the Bonus Material on the Blu-ray/DVD release of "Man of Steel" available in November.

The panel, scheduled to start at 12.15pm, will run for an hour in Room 1D at the Javits Center in NYC, and will see Bruce Timm in attendance to present the animated short.
  • As the most recognizable superhero in the world, Superman has flown high in film, TV, radio, animation, video games and, of course, comics for 75 glorious years. Join a star-studded panel covering the gamut of Supes' incarnations as they discuss the beloved character's many personifications, impressive history and ongoing relevance within society and entertainment. You won't want to miss the World Premiere of a special 75th Anniversary animated short created by "Man of Steel" Director Zack Snyder and "Superman: The Animated Series" Producer Bruce Timm (who will be on-hand to present the short). DC Comics Co-Publisher Dan Didio and Mike Carlin, Creative Director/Animation, DC Entertainment will anchor the panel.
For those unable to attend, the panel can be viewed through the NYCC Live Stream at www.NewYorkComicCon.com/NYCCLive.
So the short WILL be on the blu ray

UPDATE:
Just saw the short. It is two minutes long, and all it is is a tribute to Superman's 75th Anniversary by showing all of his incarnations from 38-present. You see an animated Siegel/Shuster Superman, Curt Swan Superman, Superman vs. Ali, Dan Jurgens and New 52 Supermans, as well as the return of the Fleischer's Superman, and you see an animated George Reeves Superman, animated Christopher Reeve, return of the Superfriends and STAS and of course, animated Henry Cavill. Timm revealed that some that didn't make it resulted in covers or panel shots, like Kingdom Come Superman, and just in case someone asks: no, Dean Cain nor Tom Welling, or anyone else that I didn't mention, are not in this short. Timm offered little BTS, saying that this was originally a DC Nation short until it was changed, but it may be seen on DC Nation anyways.

The short reminded me of how Bandai celebrated the 30th anniversary of their Gundam anime franchise, and they did this video of all of the main Gundam mechas, showcased and together. If you watch this video, you will get a good idea of what the Superman short is:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

P.S. Timm did say he liked MOS.

Last edited by Binker; 10-12-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #577
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

75 Years of Superman Short

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #578
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Beautiful...

Think it covered just about everything. Was it missing an interpretation for anybody else?

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #579
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Awesome. Even the music moves through time, starting with Williams and ending on Zimmer. Really nice idea all round.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #580
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Cool short.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #581
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
great!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #582
roach
I am the night

Quote:
brought tears to my eyes

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #583
Krumm
Beer Snob

Excellent. I love how seamless some of the transitions are.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #584
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Loved it!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #585
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Seriously; fantastic short!

As a Superman fan it really grabbed me – and filled me with pure joy.

The way the music changed, from Williams to Zimmer, was so neat.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #586
Super Kal
Side-Kick

that was a beautiful short... even made me tear up a little

Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #587
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Thanks for that, that was really cool. Though I didn't catch anything from LnC which seems like a shame... maybe I just missed it? Did anyone else notice something I didnt?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #588
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

That was really cool. It made me want to watch MOS again .

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #589
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

That was cool as ****!...thanks Sawer!....that just made me want an Animated series again though

Old 10-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #590
batfreakforever
A real fan

It brought some fans to tears, REALLY??? I watched it and are a big supes fan too but tears. No.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #591
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Thanks for that, that was really cool. Though I didn't catch anything from LnC which seems like a shame... maybe I just missed it? Did anyone else notice something I didnt?
They had way too much stuff which is why LnC and SR was cut.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #592
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Beautiful short indeed.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #593
rks943
Side-Kick

Awesome short!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #594
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Loved seeing Timm revisit (even for just a few seconds) the STAS character designs.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #595
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Anyone kinda want to see them do the same with Batman next year? I'd love to see an animated version of Keaton's Batman.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #596
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Great short. My only complaint...is I wish it was longer!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #597
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Anyone kinda want to see them do the same with Batman next year? I'd love to see an animated version of Keaton's Batman.
Yeah, I thought of the same thing. This is so great, I want so see more, and one for Batman has the same potential.

Kane Batman, West Batman, O'neil/Adams Batman, Miller Batman, BTAS Batman, Keaton/Burton Batman, Nolan/Bale Batman etc.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #598
smallville fan
Hero

Loved the short, I felt that Smallville was honored with the water tower with the show logo on it?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #599
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

So glad I stumbled along this 2 minute tribute. Very well done.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #600
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Loved the short, I felt that Smallville was honored with the water tower with the show logo on it?
Yeah that's what I thought. It was enough for me, but when they throw in obscure/unpopular aspects loke the red and blue Superman, I guess some people want to know why more prominent stuff wasn't bettrt represented.

Closed Thread