The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #701
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,747
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

lol, i think that would of been perfect a bit corny, but hey, i think a tiny bit of corniness is okay

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #702
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

It's corny in a good way :P

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #703
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
They should seriously hire a writer specifically to polish the dialogue. Someone like Jane Goldman. For example, here's a tweak I thought was a missed opportunity:

uh? doesn´fit that for me I liked the way they plasmed IMO.. every dialogue is subject of improvement.. but Goyer did a great job on his previous works in writting aspect.. and with Affleck's help could be even better

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 10-28-2013 at 10:33 PM.
John-An is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #704
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

The original was:

"I think that only applies when you're kissing a human."

That line doesn't flow well to me. It also sounded kind of arrogant, and it's weird to hear Clark refer to a person as "a human".

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #705
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa



THANKS TO JaD!!! EPICNESS!!!

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #706
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The original was:

"I think that only applies when you're kissing a human."

That line doesn't flow well to me. It also sounded kind of arrogant, and it's weird to hear Clark refer to a person as "a human".
That line is perfect but not in that scene IMO.. maybe in a discussion between both.. arrogant? give me a break!! He's only answering why he's so good kisser.. that with him this shouldn't apply with him

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #707
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,991
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post


THANKS TO JaD!!! EPICNESS!!!
look so real. wow there is so many scenes go so fast that you might not be able to enjoy fully in the cinema.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #708
Batmannerism
Side-Kick
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Wow watched again MOS last saturday and I continue loving even more than the first time. of course the first screening I was shocked, too much to handle in one day and needed a second screening... with obviously much much more epicness and greatness than flaws (which every movie has it). I continuisly get amazed by the movie each time I see it..

Totally with you on that bro ! I think people set their expectations
too high in terms of the writing and dramatic aspects - yeah, some of the dialogue was a bit hokey, but it's a Superman movie, not Jane Austen or Shakespeare.

Anyway, those great scenes with Costner and Lane
were fantastic "Nice suit son." I reckon the true heart of the movie
was Clark's relationship with his Earth parents - although Russell
Crowe was the best Jor-El yet (and that's saying a lot, as Marlon
Brando was the god of acting in his day).

("flight" is my fave MOS scene, but number 2 is "You're the answer" scene
with Costner, awesomeness).

I reckon Cavill will grow into the role more as he plays it in subsequent movies. He was great as Clark, and a little wooden as Superman,
except for the grunting (which I thought worked ! You know, when he heat visions Faora and the giant, or flies up the gravity beam) and the reaction to having to kill Zod.

Still, it's tough to play Superman, probably one of the most coveted popular culture roles - do it well and you're a legend, do it poorly and you
vanish with barely a trace a la Brandon Routh.

I too noticed a lot more of the detail (and yes, some of the hokey-bits) with subsequent viewings, but the bits that I loved best are still utterly awesome (Flight scene, right from the first appearance as Superman, well, I need another word for awesome, as it's starting to wear out. Every time he walks out in that suit, it's like there's the character
from my childhood brought to life. The only close comparison in any movie was when I saw Fellowship of the Ring, and Gandalf shows up, I didn't think, wow, sir Ian looks good as Gandalf, I though "Wow ! that's Gandalf!" in the same way I thought "Wow! That's Superman.")

Anyway, I think critics and fans forgot that SM:TM, which is ranked as possibly the best Superman film, had one of the most ridiculous endings ever (the whole fly around the world thing, and turn back time, which still wouldn't have stopped the missiles) Anyway, nobody cared when I saw it back in 1978, we were all so "WOW ! It's Superman !" to give a **** about how lame that ending was, (even in a film where the main character is an indestructible alien, it was so far fetched as to be beyond silly), but again
who cares.
I suppose audiences have become more critical since then, but to address that Snyder and Co gave us a realistic solution to the Zod problem....snap.
(odd, that in Batman, 1989, Batman effectively kills the Joker by anchoring him to the gargoyle as he flies away, but nobody *****es about that, and Batman has an even stronger code against killing than Superman, or in the same film, Batman opened fire on the Joker's goons
from the Bat-plane, with machine guns and cut them down)

anyway, I'm off the point. MOS, yes not perfect, but still the epitome of awesomeness for 2013. I hear good things about the Thor flick, but since I don't have much personal connection to Thor, probably won't enjoy it quite as much, but it looks like Marvel's best film this year ( sorry Marvel-maniacs, I didn't like Iron Man 3, which is sad, as I loved the first Iron Man movie, but come on, fire-breathing super-soldiers ?)

BTW this if for all you Thor fans out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-uN-EyEjM


Back to the point, MOS = apex of the pyramid of awesome
not perfect, but hey, every great movie has some less than perfect bits
(even the Godfather and Star Wars).


Peace out Super-fans.

Batmannerism is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #709
LostSon88
Side-Kick
 
LostSon88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!!
Posts: 8,318
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
They should seriously hire a writer specifically to polish the dialogue. Someone like Jane Goldman. For example, here's a tweak I thought was a missed opportunity:

With all due respect, that's pretty bad.

I would've if he said that.

__________________
My life is like school on a Sunday...no class.
LostSon88 is online now  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #710
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,459
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Can somebody please point out, what scenes that Cavill appeared to be wooden..........I've been seeing that comment from quite a few, and I have a hard time trying to remember when he was

__________________
Quote:
As the poet John Dryden once had it: "Beware the fury of a patient man." Or Batman.
manofsteel4life is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #711
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,950
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
They should seriously hire a writer specifically to polish the dialogue. Someone like Jane Goldman. For example, here's a tweak I thought was a missed opportunity:

I can't tell if you're being serious...

Krumm is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #712
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Totally with you on that bro ! I think people set their expectations
too high in terms of the writing and dramatic aspects - yeah, some of the dialogue was a bit hokey, but it's a Superman movie, not Jane Austen or Shakespeare.

Anyway, those great scenes with Costner and Lane
were fantastic "Nice suit son." I reckon the true heart of the movie
was Clark's relationship with his Earth parents - although Russell
Crowe was the best Jor-El yet (and that's saying a lot, as Marlon
Brando was the god of acting in his day).

("flight" is my fave MOS scene, but number 2 is "You're the answer" scene
with Costner, awesomeness).

I reckon Cavill will grow into the role more as he plays it in subsequent movies. He was great as Clark, and a little wooden as Superman,
except for the grunting (which I thought worked ! You know, when he heat visions Faora and the giant, or flies up the gravity beam) and the reaction to having to kill Zod.

Still, it's tough to play Superman, probably one of the most coveted popular culture roles - do it well and you're a legend, do it poorly and you
vanish with barely a trace a la Brandon Routh.

I too noticed a lot more of the detail (and yes, some of the hokey-bits) with subsequent viewings, but the bits that I loved best are still utterly awesome (Flight scene, right from the first appearance as Superman, well, I need another word for awesome, as it's starting to wear out. Every time he walks out in that suit, it's like there's the character
from my childhood brought to life. The only close comparison in any movie was when I saw Fellowship of the Ring, and Gandalf shows up, I didn't think, wow, sir Ian looks good as Gandalf, I though "Wow ! that's Gandalf!" in the same way I thought "Wow! That's Superman.")

Anyway, I think critics and fans forgot that SM:TM, which is ranked as possibly the best Superman film, had one of the most ridiculous endings ever (the whole fly around the world thing, and turn back time, which still wouldn't have stopped the missiles) Anyway, nobody cared when I saw it back in 1978, we were all so "WOW ! It's Superman !" to give a **** about how lame that ending was, (even in a film where the main character is an indestructible alien, it was so far fetched as to be beyond silly), but again
who cares.
I suppose audiences have become more critical since then, but to address that Snyder and Co gave us a realistic solution to the Zod problem....snap.
(odd, that in Batman, 1989, Batman effectively kills the Joker by anchoring him to the gargoyle as he flies away, but nobody *****es about that, and Batman has an even stronger code against killing than Superman, or in the same film, Batman opened fire on the Joker's goons
from the Bat-plane, with machine guns and cut them down)

anyway, I'm off the point. MOS, yes not perfect, but still the epitome of awesomeness for 2013. I hear good things about the Thor flick, but since I don't have much personal connection to Thor, probably won't enjoy it quite as much, but it looks like Marvel's best film this year ( sorry Marvel-maniacs, I didn't like Iron Man 3, which is sad, as I loved the first Iron Man movie, but come on, fire-breathing super-soldiers ?)

BTW this if for all you Thor fans out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-uN-EyEjM


Back to the point, MOS = apex of the pyramid of awesome
not perfect, but hey, every great movie has some less than perfect bits
(even the Godfather and Star Wars).


Peace out Super-fans.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #713
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,351
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

I asked this from awhile back but I'll do it again here, does anyone think that they could recreate the comic con trailer now that we have the film out for some places? I'd definitely like to see on what people could do with the HQ footage that's available for a lot of people now.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #714
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I asked this from awhile back but I'll do it again here, does anyone think that they could recreate the comic con trailer now that we have the film out for some places? I'd definitely like to see on what people could do with the HQ footage that's available for a lot of people now.
I hope so... please be on the Blu ray!!!

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #715
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious...
I hope he's joking. Cause "Up, up and away from here" is so laughably bad.

DarkKnight88 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #716
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
I hope he's joking. Cause "Up, up and away from here" is so laughably bad.
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #717
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.
the scene was correct only.. but if they do as you've said will be a little out of place IMO

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #718
rks943
Side-Kick
 
rks943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,273
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I asked this from awhile back but I'll do it again here, does anyone think that they could recreate the comic con trailer now that we have the film out for some places? I'd definitely like to see on what people could do with the HQ footage that's available for a lot of people now.
I'm gonna try to recreate it. I got most of the audio recreated. Now I gotta find the clips to match

rks943 is online now  
Old 10-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #719
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,991
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
I hope he's joking. Cause "Up, up and away from here" is so laughably bad.
It goes well with the tone of those dick measuring n splash.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #720
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,950
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.
Oh, no, no, no.

Krumm is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #721
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,279
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.
It is absolutely not better than what was said. And I HATED that original line.

What should have been said instead?

NOTHING.

A moment like that doesn't NEED a cheesy line. Like the silent moment between them out in the desert when they took each others hands... that's how it's done! Not spoiling it with puns or jokes or corny lines. Just feeling the chemistry between the two through their acting.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #722
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Oh, no, no, no.
OK, no nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It is absolutely not better than what was said. And I HATED that original line.

What should have been said instead?

NOTHING.

A moment like that doesn't NEED a cheesy line. Like the silent moment between them out in the desert when they took each others hands... that's how it's done! Not spoiling it with puns or jokes or corny lines. Just feeling the chemistry between the two through their acting.
That would have been too many silent moments of staring. They had the desert scene and the field after being rescued. The kiss scene was suppose to bring levity with the Lois and Clark banter. Clark is a corny guy and that's part of his charm.

__________________
DC Rises

Last edited by fanboiii; 10-30-2013 at 07:34 AM.
fanboiii is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #723
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,432
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa



He's not Henry Cavill... HE'S SUPERMAN

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #724
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,351
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

A part of me really wishes at times that Snyder had chosen to use a more better color filter that would have made the colors vibrant like this...(obviously not as strong, but somewhere close)




herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #725
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Snyder really kind of screwed up with that. He already had a beautiful movie. Had he had the color palette like that, he would've one of the most visually stunning movies ever! Plus, it actually looks like Amy has red hair there.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.