The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #701
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

lol, i think that would of been perfect a bit corny, but hey, i think a tiny bit of corniness is okay

Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #702
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

It's corny in a good way :P

Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #703
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
They should seriously hire a writer specifically to polish the dialogue. Someone like Jane Goldman. For example, here's a tweak I thought was a missed opportunity:

uh? doesn´fit that for me I liked the way they plasmed IMO.. every dialogue is subject of improvement.. but Goyer did a great job on his previous works in writting aspect.. and with Affleck's help could be even better

Last edited by John-An; 10-28-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #704
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The original was:

"I think that only applies when you're kissing a human."

That line doesn't flow well to me. It also sounded kind of arrogant, and it's weird to hear Clark refer to a person as "a human".

Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #705
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

THANKS TO JaD!!! EPICNESS!!!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #706
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
The original was:

"I think that only applies when you're kissing a human."

That line doesn't flow well to me. It also sounded kind of arrogant, and it's weird to hear Clark refer to a person as "a human".
That line is perfect but not in that scene IMO.. maybe in a discussion between both.. arrogant? give me a break!! He's only answering why he's so good kisser.. that with him this shouldn't apply with him

Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #707
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post

THANKS TO JaD!!! EPICNESS!!!
look so real. wow there is so many scenes go so fast that you might not be able to enjoy fully in the cinema.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #708
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Wow watched again MOS last saturday and I continue loving even more than the first time. of course the first screening I was shocked, too much to handle in one day and needed a second screening... with obviously much much more epicness and greatness than flaws (which every movie has it). I continuisly get amazed by the movie each time I see it..

Totally with you on that bro ! I think people set their expectations
too high in terms of the writing and dramatic aspects - yeah, some of the dialogue was a bit hokey, but it's a Superman movie, not Jane Austen or Shakespeare.

Anyway, those great scenes with Costner and Lane
were fantastic "Nice suit son." I reckon the true heart of the movie
was Clark's relationship with his Earth parents - although Russell
Crowe was the best Jor-El yet (and that's saying a lot, as Marlon
Brando was the god of acting in his day).

("flight" is my fave MOS scene, but number 2 is "You're the answer" scene
with Costner, awesomeness).

I reckon Cavill will grow into the role more as he plays it in subsequent movies. He was great as Clark, and a little wooden as Superman,
except for the grunting (which I thought worked ! You know, when he heat visions Faora and the giant, or flies up the gravity beam) and the reaction to having to kill Zod.

Still, it's tough to play Superman, probably one of the most coveted popular culture roles - do it well and you're a legend, do it poorly and you
vanish with barely a trace a la Brandon Routh.

I too noticed a lot more of the detail (and yes, some of the hokey-bits) with subsequent viewings, but the bits that I loved best are still utterly awesome (Flight scene, right from the first appearance as Superman, well, I need another word for awesome, as it's starting to wear out. Every time he walks out in that suit, it's like there's the character
from my childhood brought to life. The only close comparison in any movie was when I saw Fellowship of the Ring, and Gandalf shows up, I didn't think, wow, sir Ian looks good as Gandalf, I though "Wow ! that's Gandalf!" in the same way I thought "Wow! That's Superman.")

Anyway, I think critics and fans forgot that SM:TM, which is ranked as possibly the best Superman film, had one of the most ridiculous endings ever (the whole fly around the world thing, and turn back time, which still wouldn't have stopped the missiles) Anyway, nobody cared when I saw it back in 1978, we were all so "WOW ! It's Superman !" to give a **** about how lame that ending was, (even in a film where the main character is an indestructible alien, it was so far fetched as to be beyond silly), but again
who cares.
I suppose audiences have become more critical since then, but to address that Snyder and Co gave us a realistic solution to the Zod problem....snap.
(odd, that in Batman, 1989, Batman effectively kills the Joker by anchoring him to the gargoyle as he flies away, but nobody *****es about that, and Batman has an even stronger code against killing than Superman, or in the same film, Batman opened fire on the Joker's goons
from the Bat-plane, with machine guns and cut them down)

anyway, I'm off the point. MOS, yes not perfect, but still the epitome of awesomeness for 2013. I hear good things about the Thor flick, but since I don't have much personal connection to Thor, probably won't enjoy it quite as much, but it looks like Marvel's best film this year ( sorry Marvel-maniacs, I didn't like Iron Man 3, which is sad, as I loved the first Iron Man movie, but come on, fire-breathing super-soldiers ?)

BTW this if for all you Thor fans out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-uN-EyEjM

Back to the point, MOS = apex of the pyramid of awesome
not perfect, but hey, every great movie has some less than perfect bits
(even the Godfather and Star Wars).

Peace out Super-fans.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #709
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
They should seriously hire a writer specifically to polish the dialogue. Someone like Jane Goldman. For example, here's a tweak I thought was a missed opportunity:

With all due respect, that's pretty bad.

I would've if he said that.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #710
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Can somebody please point out, what scenes that Cavill appeared to be wooden..........I've been seeing that comment from quite a few, and I have a hard time trying to remember when he was

Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #711
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

I can't tell if you're being serious...

Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #712
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Totally with you on that bro ! I think people set their expectations
too high in terms of the writing and dramatic aspects - yeah, some of the dialogue was a bit hokey, but it's a Superman movie, not Jane Austen or Shakespeare.

Anyway, those great scenes with Costner and Lane
were fantastic "Nice suit son." I reckon the true heart of the movie
was Clark's relationship with his Earth parents - although Russell
Crowe was the best Jor-El yet (and that's saying a lot, as Marlon
Brando was the god of acting in his day).

("flight" is my fave MOS scene, but number 2 is "You're the answer" scene
with Costner, awesomeness).

I reckon Cavill will grow into the role more as he plays it in subsequent movies. He was great as Clark, and a little wooden as Superman,
except for the grunting (which I thought worked ! You know, when he heat visions Faora and the giant, or flies up the gravity beam) and the reaction to having to kill Zod.

Still, it's tough to play Superman, probably one of the most coveted popular culture roles - do it well and you're a legend, do it poorly and you
vanish with barely a trace a la Brandon Routh.

I too noticed a lot more of the detail (and yes, some of the hokey-bits) with subsequent viewings, but the bits that I loved best are still utterly awesome (Flight scene, right from the first appearance as Superman, well, I need another word for awesome, as it's starting to wear out. Every time he walks out in that suit, it's like there's the character
from my childhood brought to life. The only close comparison in any movie was when I saw Fellowship of the Ring, and Gandalf shows up, I didn't think, wow, sir Ian looks good as Gandalf, I though "Wow ! that's Gandalf!" in the same way I thought "Wow! That's Superman.")

Anyway, I think critics and fans forgot that SM:TM, which is ranked as possibly the best Superman film, had one of the most ridiculous endings ever (the whole fly around the world thing, and turn back time, which still wouldn't have stopped the missiles) Anyway, nobody cared when I saw it back in 1978, we were all so "WOW ! It's Superman !" to give a **** about how lame that ending was, (even in a film where the main character is an indestructible alien, it was so far fetched as to be beyond silly), but again
who cares.
I suppose audiences have become more critical since then, but to address that Snyder and Co gave us a realistic solution to the Zod problem....snap.
(odd, that in Batman, 1989, Batman effectively kills the Joker by anchoring him to the gargoyle as he flies away, but nobody *****es about that, and Batman has an even stronger code against killing than Superman, or in the same film, Batman opened fire on the Joker's goons
from the Bat-plane, with machine guns and cut them down)

anyway, I'm off the point. MOS, yes not perfect, but still the epitome of awesomeness for 2013. I hear good things about the Thor flick, but since I don't have much personal connection to Thor, probably won't enjoy it quite as much, but it looks like Marvel's best film this year ( sorry Marvel-maniacs, I didn't like Iron Man 3, which is sad, as I loved the first Iron Man movie, but come on, fire-breathing super-soldiers ?)

BTW this if for all you Thor fans out there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-uN-EyEjM

Back to the point, MOS = apex of the pyramid of awesome
not perfect, but hey, every great movie has some less than perfect bits
(even the Godfather and Star Wars).

Peace out Super-fans.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #713
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I asked this from awhile back but I'll do it again here, does anyone think that they could recreate the comic con trailer now that we have the film out for some places? I'd definitely like to see on what people could do with the HQ footage that's available for a lot of people now.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #714
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I asked this from awhile back but I'll do it again here, does anyone think that they could recreate the comic con trailer now that we have the film out for some places? I'd definitely like to see on what people could do with the HQ footage that's available for a lot of people now.
I hope so... please be on the Blu ray!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #715
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious...
I hope he's joking. Cause "Up, up and away from here" is so laughably bad.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #716
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #717
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
It's better than what was said. The scene was going to be cheesy no matter what. Might as well be self-conscious and playful about it. Don't tell me the pun was lost on you.
the scene was correct only.. but if they do as you've said will be a little out of place IMO

Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #718
rks943
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm gonna try to recreate it. I got most of the audio recreated. Now I gotta find the clips to match

Old 10-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #719
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
It goes well with the tone of those dick measuring n splash.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #720
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Oh, no, no, no.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #721
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
It is absolutely not better than what was said. And I HATED that original line.

What should have been said instead?

NOTHING.

A moment like that doesn't NEED a cheesy line. Like the silent moment between them out in the desert when they took each others hands... that's how it's done! Not spoiling it with puns or jokes or corny lines. Just feeling the chemistry between the two through their acting.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #722
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Oh, no, no, no.
OK, no nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It is absolutely not better than what was said. And I HATED that original line.

What should have been said instead?

NOTHING.

A moment like that doesn't NEED a cheesy line. Like the silent moment between them out in the desert when they took each others hands... that's how it's done! Not spoiling it with puns or jokes or corny lines. Just feeling the chemistry between the two through their acting.
That would have been too many silent moments of staring. They had the desert scene and the field after being rescued. The kiss scene was suppose to bring levity with the Lois and Clark banter. Clark is a corny guy and that's part of his charm.

Last edited by fanboiii; 10-30-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #723
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

He's not Henry Cavill... HE'S SUPERMAN

Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #724
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A part of me really wishes at times that Snyder had chosen to use a more better color filter that would have made the colors vibrant like this...(obviously not as strong, but somewhere close)

Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #725
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Snyder really kind of screwed up with that. He already had a beautiful movie. Had he had the color palette like that, he would've one of the most visually stunning movies ever! Plus, it actually looks like Amy has red hair there.