The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #801
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
LOL...I don't go to movies anymore. I did consider going to this one and my fangirl CRIED that I didn't, but I just couldn't do it. I am not that interested in seeing movies in the theaters anymore. The hardest part is trying not be spoiled, so I went dark on any and everything related to this movie. I didn't read reviews, MBs, or my fav Supermanhomepage.com. I wanted to really try to just see it cold with no expectations.
I bow down to your amazing willpower!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #802
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
LOL...I don't go to movies anymore. I did consider going to this one and my fangirl CRIED that I didn't, but I just couldn't do it. I am not that interested in seeing movies in the theaters anymore. The hardest part is trying not be spoiled, so I went dark on any and everything related to this movie. I didn't read reviews, MBs, or my fav Supermanhomepage.com. I wanted to really try to just see it cold with no expectations.
You deserve this

Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #803
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Haha...Thanks guys! The only way I was able to do it was to avoid SHH and Supermanhomepage.com all together and stay off Yahoo's main page. They always have those little blurbs or pictures to entice to you click on an article. It was hardest the first month of the release when news was everywhere, but I was really determined not to be spoiled. And I'm glad I did that because when Supes killed Zod my eyes nearly bugged out of my head. I totally did not expect that. All the way to the end before you heard the bones snap, I thought Supes was going to find another way...but then BAM! I wouldn't have enjoyed that moment as much as I did if I had spoiled myself like rotten fruit...lol.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #804
roach
I am the night

Why don't you go to movies?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #805
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Umm...it's just more that it's a hassle. I also think it's because I'm older now and just not that interested. The excitement and adventure of seeing a movie in the theater has diminished for me. Plus, I got a pretty nice TV and enjoy watching movies more in the comfort of my own home.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #806
Super Kal
Side-Kick

plus the theaters are so expensive these days...

Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #807
Binker
Side-Kick

It's just been reported that MOS is #1 at iTunes. Don't know how important that is, but still

Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #808
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

As a fan, I generally buy the DVDs only of the superhero films I like. MOS will be on my Christmas List!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #809
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
As a fan, I generally buy the DVDs only of the superhero films I like. MOS will be on my Christmas List!
same here.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #810
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

So I had my mom go buy me MOS today cause sheoes me twenty bucks anyway [and I was babysitting], still ****ing awesome movie. Watched almost all the special features too.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #811
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
I said **** waiting 'til Christmas....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #812
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I'm getting the impression that Comic N' Toons didn't like the movie...lol. Or he is incredibly cheap. I'm not sure which it is though...lol

Old 11-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #813
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
I'm getting the impression that Comic N' Toons didn't like the movie...lol. Or he is incredibly cheap. I'm not sure which it is though...lol
I think he hated it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #814
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
If he hated it, he wouldn't want it. My guess is: he is cheap, and/or wants the most expensive version of MOS that will be great to own because someone else paid for it. Kinda like how food tastes better when someone lese paid for it, lol

Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #815
jacobed
Banned User

God i love this movie.everything about it just works perfectly for me and it is all at the top of the comic book genre. It gets better and better each viewing

Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #816
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So, for those that have bought this on Blu-ray or on DVD...after seeing the film again in that quality, has anyone's opinions about the film changed for better or for worse?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #817
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So, for those that have bought this on Blu-ray or on DVD...after seeing the film again in that quality, has anyone's opinions about the film changed for better or for worse?
Lee, you know my opinion of the movie, and if anything seeing it on Blu Ray has enhanced it. More than anything seeing it in my own apartment in crystal clear quality the venhemence of the criricism of the film baffles me more. It's a great superhero movie and the film makers put a lot of texture into it. Are there things you could nitpick about even with all the attention to detail? Yeah. So did the entirety of TDKT. The film is really fun and not bleak. It's mission statement is just presenting things in a way that has maximum versamillitude, yet still be a film about an alien refugee that wears a blue body suit and a red cape that uses his godlike powers to save the Earth as a kind of gestalt scifi Hercules/Jesus. It's a modern Superman story and I hope a wider audience gets to see and judge for themselves now that the blu ray is out.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 11-14-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #818
jacobed
Banned User

Yeah I don't understand the bleak complaint. The movie is a crap ton of fun with some great humor in there and one of the best and most upbeat endings of the year.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #819
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
It's just been reported that MOS is #1 at iTunes. Don't know how important that is, but still
Good news, of course! But expected, I believe.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #820
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

One thing I really like about the movie...I mean really LIKE is there are some ICONIC shots. I mean just loads of them that look like someone took the best comic pages and said let's make this shot look like this one! I even got a For Tomorrow vibe from that scene with Clark at the church, though that may not be deliberate since there are only like 2 people who like FT and I am one of them. Plus, the scene with Clark and Lois kissing in the rubble and him on his knees holding her!!!! My fangirl heart about exploded with joy just to see it!!!

When I first watched it I didn't really think it had rewatching power, but it does. I have to say that I am enjoying it more after multiple viewings, so I do think that means I really like it.

There are some things I don't like. One is I am familiar with Krypton and even I was confused by the first thirty minutes. Plus, the scene where Jor-El gives him the suit. It was like the writers and producers where saying we are going to get this part over with real quick, but it just felt a little rushed...which may have been the point, but still. It's the suit! You have to pump it up a bit.

Things are I really liked...Seeing Clark and hearing Seasons at the same time...and good Lord Jesus...did I mention those pectoral muscles? Did I mention that because if I didn't then I have to...I just have too.

That's my take..

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #821
Binker
Side-Kick

Here is another guy who liked the movie: Dan Jurgens. He was interviewed at the PCCC podcast, which you can listen here:
http://pineconecomicsclub.com/2013/1...h-dan-jurgens/

P.S. His view of Zod's death: first it was a clean death, compared to the death of Zod from John Bryne's run; plus, yeah Superman could've done this, done that, or blocked Zod's heat vision, but that still wouldn't have resolved the situation.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #822
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Yeah I don't understand the bleak complaint. The movie is a crap ton of fun with some great humor in there and one of the best and most upbeat endings of the year.
Actually the humor wasn't all that great and the movie was bleak. I love the movie but those complain are kind of right in away. Most of the real humor in MOS where in the easter eggs. Here is some hidden humor in the movie.

This job as worked 106 Days without an Accident.

This job as worked 0 Days without an Accident.

Quote:
Haha...Thanks guys! The only way I was able to do it was to avoid SHH and Supermanhomepage.com all together and stay off Yahoo's main page. They always have those little blurbs or pictures to entice to you click on an article. It was hardest the first month of the release when news was everywhere, but I was really determined not to be spoiled. And I'm glad I did that because when Supes killed Zod my eyes nearly bugged out of my head. I totally did not expect that. All the way to the end before you heard the bones snap, I thought Supes was going to find another way...but then BAM! I wouldn't have enjoyed that moment as much as I did if I had spoiled myself like rotten fruit...lol.
This is what I literally did after that part until the end of the movie. I couldn't see it coming either. I avoided the Superman forums and didn't look at any TV spots before I went to the theater to see it. I didn't even expect the shock wave punches.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-15-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #823
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
This is what I literally did after that part until the end of the movie. I couldn't see it coming either. I avoided the Superman forums and didn't look at any TV spots before I went to the theater to see it. I didn't even expect the shock wave punches.
Me either...I swear it felt like was watching an episode of STAS or JLU. I seriously did not expect that destruction. I was like DAMN...just stunned. Even the fights...with the shockwaves and flying through not one, not two, but like TEN buildings.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #824
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I still don't get how the film was "bleak". It's a ton of fun, with amazeballs action. Are there also somber and serious character moments that made me cry? Yeah. Are there moments when you empathize with Clark and some, repeat, some his darkest days? Yeah. Still... Bleak? Depressing? I am sorry, I just find those to be overstatements at best, plain ole' mischaracterizations at worst. Yes, I was CRUSHED by the decision that Superman was written as having to make. His scream, like Reeve's scream in S:TM was primal and unvarnished. We see a Superman that has become the Last Son Of Krypton by his own hand. But we are left with the memories of Pa Kent and the start of Clark's career at the DP, and we know that he has found a mission, connection and purpose in life that he did not have when we first see him as an adult in the film. This is all hopeful, emotional stuff. POSITIVE emotions.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #825
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Most of the real humor in MOS where in the easter eggs. Here is some hidden humor in the movie.
First time I have seen this sign's message. Pretty funny.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Closed Thread