The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-31-2013, 01:35 AM   #151
lespaul59
Side-Kick

Default Re: SPOILER ALERT: Anyone bothered by....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanged-Hunter View Post
Don't see a reason why he would. He remembers his time in WW2, he's dreaming about it during the movie and remembering it while awake so they aren't something he wasn't aware of in the movie-verse.
Great point. When I posted the question I didn't even think about that. But it does bring up the question how much does Wolverine actually remember. Up untill The Wolverine to me it seemed like he didn't remember anything before getting shot in the head. And considering how much Wolverine seems to remember in TW it almost makes me wonder if they're ignoring the head shot and going with the alternate memory wipe (found on XMOW Blu Ray). I say this because the alternate memory wipe scene seems to imply that the process wasn't complete. Then again I could just be over thinking this altogether.

lespaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #152
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

was not bothered. i mean, bone claws are lame compared to metal ones, but he only pulled them out in the post credit scene.

if he has them for DOFP (i don't see how this will happen), i will be let down.

i will shake my head if he simply has metal claws with no explanation.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #153
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

If TW proved anything, it's that they're trying to make sense of the messed up continuity. The bone claws made thematic sense, they were a HUGE event for the franchise. DoFP will address it, I'm 110% sure.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #154
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
If TW proved anything, it's that they're trying to make sense of the messed up continuity. The bone claws made thematic sense, they were a HUGE event for the franchise. DoFP will address it, I'm 110% sure.
Yeah its a great starting point for the character and there is several ways he can get the metal claws back, I have a feeling he will

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #155
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

I wonder how he is gonna fight those Sentinels with those bone claws its like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #156
tricon7
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Oh yes, he did indeed:

Okay, I missed this post somehow. IMHO, the fact that Magneto can rearrange adamantium kind of takes away from its uniqueness and special quality. But Marvel does this all the time. Breaking Captain America's "unbreakable" shield (by the Beyonder and then by Thanos), creating an exception of the Living Tribunal as the most powerful being in the multiverse, etc. Soon every other two-bit villain out there will have some special way to recreate adamantium. It gives writers what they think is a fascinating plotline. All it actually does is dilute its uniqueness. I'd prefer it to actually be unbreakable - by anybody for any reason. Once an exception is made, the Pandora's Box has been opened.

tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #157
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Well to be fair, Magneto said in X2 he could manipulate adamantium... almost foreshadowing what may happen in DOFP...

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #158
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I still don't see the need for them to show Wolverine getting his adamantium back in DOFP.

First, we now know that it will be Wolverine's mind sent back to 1973 (into his 1973 self), and not his body. So the 1973 Wolverine will have the adamantium and it seems most of the story will take place there...

Back in the present, other than sending his mind back in time, there probably won't be much going on.

The future may be shown and I am hoping that we will get the scene, from the comic, where Wolverine is attacked by a Sentinal (with him wearing the leather jacket). We have seen a set pic with him wearing something like that.

My hope is that in this future scene he'll be attacked and he'll pop his adamantium claws in order to take down the robot.

This would be great because it would show the audience that at some point, who knows when and who knows how, Wolverine will get his adamantium back. Although the present Wolverine will be bone claws, the past and future Wolverine's will be adamantium...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #159
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Only the claws. They were slashed to open the way to drain his healing, but the rest of the skeleton is laced with the stuff
Which is also why Magneto was able to control him at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I don't mind, because they clearly intend to do something with the whole idea in X-DoFP.
Pretty much this. The time travel elemant will retcon pretty much the whole X universe. Cyclops will be back, Jean will be alive and Wolverine will have his claws. Failing that, like someone already said, Magneto or some kind of surgical procedure will give Wolive his adamantium.

But tbh I can live with an adamantium free Wolive for the short term. After he lost his adamantium in the books, I remember reading them and enjoying the slightly more vulnerable Wolverine.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #160
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

It makes sense to me that it was decided to neuter Wolverine somewhat for DOFP. With his claws he could slice through Sentinels as though they were made of butter. We'll already have Magneto who could turn Sentinels into mush with a simple thought(unless they make them out of some sort of super strong plastic). By having Wolverine be vulnerable to the Sentinels it makes them more of a threat.

Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #161
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

One scene i'm almost certain we wouldn't see in DOFP is when a Sentinel incinerated Wolverine...hehe

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #162
Leon_0
Side-Kick

I honestly didnt mind the bone claws at all. Cuz well..we coulda just as easily gotten NO CLAWS at all after homeboy sliced them off. I thought it was really neat and it threw me off completely lol.

I cant understand if people are hating on that, but lets face it. This was it-the lat wolverine movie, I highly doubt were gonna get any type of solo wolverine movie any time soon. (or at least I hope, poor hugh should get some room to breathe) I know theyre bringing him back for DOFP, but DOFP isnt about wolverine, so who cares what his claws are made of in that movie.

Leon_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #163
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well I think if he's gonna get his adamantium claws, it should happen after the DOFP movie. There's already too many things happening in that movie and I feel like they would be undoing a lot of things if they will try to give Logan adamantium claws too.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #164
HerosOnFilm
Side-Kick

Yashida supposedly stockpiled adamantium...you think Mariko would have offered to dip the ol' bone claws in adamantium before he left Japan...

Last edited by HerosOnFilm; 07-31-2013 at 11:16 PM.
HerosOnFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #165
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maybe he didn't want the adamantium claws back. He's a changed man at the end of the film, so maybe he wanted to let go of his past (Weapon X).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #166
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Maybe he wasn't a soldier anymore.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #167
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Maybe he wasn't a soldier anymore.
He specifically said he was though.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #168
wildfire74

I have an issue that I haven't seen anyone post about regarding the post credit scene. Everywhere I see a report on it, they say the scene takes places two years later yet it clearly said on screen "Two years earlier". I know I'm not crazy (well, at least in this regard) because a friend of mine on the other side of the country saw the same thing and commented to me. What makes this even more weird is that when Wolverine draws his claws against Magneto, they're bone claws which wouldn't make sense based on the timeline. Was this a labeling error or is it some sort of time-space issue that needs to be clarified? Did anyone else notice this?

wildfire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #169
BobJM
Who's Bad?

It said Two Years Later.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #170
Loki882
Side-Kick

So, his claws are now bone, but his skeleton is still adamantium, and that's why Magneto could stop him. I'm interpreting this right aren't I?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #171
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
So, his claws are now bone, but his skeleton is still adamantium, and that's why Magneto could stop him. I'm interpreting this right aren't I?
Correct-a-mundo

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #172
Loki882
Side-Kick

Oh good, that makes sense. Maybe part of his journey is letting go of the bad things that happened in his past (including Weapon X). That could be why he chose to keep the bone claws.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #173
hoopy3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
It said Two Years Later.

Actually, i saw it say "2 years earlier" also....which struck me as odd since he had the bone claws.

hoopy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #174
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy3 View Post
Actually, i saw it say "2 years earlier" also....which struck me as odd since he had the bone claws.
Nope. It was Two Years Later, meaning he had travelled around for two years after the end of the main story. Where Yukio had gone is another matter altogether, one assumes she went back to Japan and he decided to return to the USA.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #175
Mr.T
Side-Kick

The new movie poster for DoFP that shows a Two Faced style Wolverine has him with adamantium claws again. I'm guessing he'll have them back again somehow. Maybe Magneto helps him out.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote