The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 46

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
I immediately think to all the internet fanboys who tell me that the DCAU DVD movies are very good and better than the live-action movies.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

now new news?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I had breakfast this morning...does that count?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
now new news?
No, no new news now.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
now new news?
You did hear not? This movie has been cancel because Affleck too fat and Cavill balding.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
You did hear not? This movie has been cancel because Affleck too fat and Cavill balding.
And Gadot too anorexic.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Side-Kick

Quote:
must be the only one here who thought GL is not that bad, not saying it's good either. for some reason I think a lot of people just joined a hate bandwagon on that movie.
I don't join bandwagons, especially hate bandwagons, and I thought that movie was horrible. Took a date to that movie and was embarrassed that I dragged her to it.

Is it as bad as, say, Catwoman, or Jonah Hex, or Batman & Robin? Of course not, but that would be setting the bar pretty damn low. It's worse than Spiderman 3, Ironman 2, Ironman 3, and X3 though.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I had breakfast this morning...does that count?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #11
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Quote:
you forgot Man of Steel bombed and DC Comics just went bankrupt.

Die Mannschaft 2014 + Bayern München #31 + Barcelona #10

Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
And Gadot too anorexic.
recast gadot as batman, affleck as wonder woman and cavill as lex. problems solved.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
you forgot Man of Steel bombed and DC Comics just went bankrupt.
Lets not kid ourselves. Superman/Batman would be lucky to make $100 million world wide.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #14
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

War World Z cost 540mil to make. It was rumored to cost well over 200mil to make and tons more to market and people call that a hit. There are people who say Pacific Rim did well despite it only making 411mil on a huge budget but Man of Steel is failure after making 668mil? That's bias speaking, not facts. If Man of Steel did mediocre numbers then Star Trek: Into Darkness, War World Z and especially Pacific Rim are out and out flops.

I'm disappointed they aren't making a Batless sequel as well and I've lashed out about it before but I came to the conclusion that WB likes money and everyone wants to see the two characters together anyway so why not? I would have perferred a sequel then a team up but this could work too I guess. Cap second movie being turned into Avengers 1.5 didn't turn out bad at all.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-24-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Lets not kid ourselves. Superman/Batman would be lucky to make $100 million world wide.
you're too optimistic! make that 10 million tops

Die Mannschaft 2014 + Bayern München #31 + Barcelona #10

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #16
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
you're too optimistic! make that 10 million tops
Maybe, if it's lucky, it could slow-crawl to $15 million but with only say, 5 fresh and the 231 rotten ratings on rottentomatoes that its destined to be by critics, I just can't see it making $5 million in 2 months or if they re-release it. Not happening.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
kguillou
Side-Kick

I dont think anyone's arguing that Man of Steel didn't have a great box office, the issue is that MoS was VERY expensive to make. It had the same budget as The Avengers, so obviously the profit margin for that film is very different than that of Batman Begins or Thor 1 or Cap 1.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #18
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Yeah, because the cash is all that matters...

The Transformers series and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise make a lot of money too. I don't think anyone thinks of those movies very highly, do they? Big summer CGI blockbusters tend to make a lot of money, and MoS fit that bill.

Other than financially, how can MoS be considered a success? It was panned by the critics. A 56% RT score is nothing to be proud of...considering its lower than Spider-Man 3, X-men 3: The Last Stand, and Ang Lee's Hulk, which last time I checked, were considered massive flops...

Lets not forget that there are 26 comic book films rated higher including EVERY Marvel Studios film.

I honestly don't understand how people here consider it a success. It was terrible, but it made a lot of money. That doesn't make it a success, at least not to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #19
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I dont think anyone's arguing that Man of Steel didn't have a great box office, the issue is that MoS was VERY expensive to make. It had the same budget as The Avengers, so obviously the profit margin for that film is very different than that of Batman Begins or Thor 1 or Cap 1.
Let's not forget MoS gained a lot of profit from the product placement and DVD/Blu-ray sales (top-selling movie for months).

Old 04-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
now new news?
Nope, just some haters in denial of MOS' success because, hold on to your seats, freaking RT critics!!

The same geniuses that have the awful Star Wars prequels and movies like Spiderman 3 rated higher:

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace: 57%
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones: 67%
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: 80%
Spider-Man 3: 63%

Apparently, haters don't like facts like these:

Quote:
Man of Steel beats Iron Man 3 in DVD and Blu-ray sales

Superman reboot fends off comic book movie competition

After an impressive box office run, 'Man of Steel' has dominated DVD and Blu-ray charts… outselling both 'Iron Man 3' and 'The Wolverine'.

According to Nash Information Services (who track US home video sales for the film industry) 'Man of Steel' managed to outsell its comic book rivals… and was placed third overall for Blu-ray sales in 2013.

Managing a whopping $57.2 million in Blu-ray sales alone (and a further $33.6 million from DVD sales) 'Man of Steel' blew away all other comic book movies. In fact, its closest rival was 'Iron Man 3'… and even that only managed $49.4 million in Blu-ray sales with a meagre $22.3 million in DVDs.

Perhaps most significantly, 'Man of Steel' was placed as the third highest-selling Blu-ray of the year (behind 'Despicable Me 2' and 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey') selling nearly twice the number of units that 'Iron Man 3' managed to shift.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/man-stee...102900205.html
Quote:
MOS Best Movie of 2013 in ScreenCrush’s 2nd Annual Fan Choice Awards: http://screencrush.com/man-of-steel-...ncrush-awards/
Quote:
Man of Steel Best summer movie: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...222445002.html

Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #21
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Who says all of WB expected it to make 1.5 billion? Marvel doesn't pay their actors so of course they can keep the budget at a certain level that WB can't. The movie made money and anyone who says it didn't doesn't know what they are talking about.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #22
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
War World Z cost 540mil to make. It was rumored to cost well over 200mil to make and tons more to market and people call that a hit. There are people who say Pacific Rim did well despite it only making 411mil on a huge budget but Man of Steel is failure after making 668mil? That's bias speaking, not facts. If Man of Steel did mediocre numbers then Star Trek: Into Darkness, War World Z and especially Pacific Rim are out and out flops.

I'm disappointed they aren't making a Batless sequel as well and I've lashed out about it before but I came to the conclusion that WB likes money and everyone wants to see the two characters together anyway so why not? I would have perferred a sequel then a team up but this could work too I guess. Cap second movie being turned into Avengers 1.5 didn't turn out bad at all.
Critically? Yes.

Quality-wise? Yes.

In terms of winning the audience? Yes.

Being the cornerstone of the new shared DC universe? Yes.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #23
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

I couldn't care less about what the critics say.

If I wanted them to make my mind up for me, I wouldn't watch movies at all.

All I know is that I enjoyed MOS, and no one can take that away from me.

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #24
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Critically? Yes.

Quality-wise? Yes.

In terms of winning the audience? Yes.

Being the cornerstone of the new shared DC universe? Yes.
In your opinion.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #25
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Yeah, because the cash is all that matters...

The Transformers series and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise make a lot of money too. I don't think anyone thinks of those movies very highly, do they? Big summer CGI blockbusters tend to make a lot of money, and MoS fit that bill.

Other than financially, how can MoS be considered a success? It was panned by the critics. A 56% RT score is nothing to be proud of...considering its lower than Spider-Man 3, X-men 3: The Last Stand, and Ang Lee's Hulk, which last time I checked, were considered massive flops...

Lets not forget that there are 26 comic book films rated higher including EVERY Marvel Studios film.

I honestly don't understand how people here consider it a success. It was terrible, but it made a lot of money. That doesn't make it a success, at least not to me.
Why are you relying on RT numbers to judge something that is subjective?

Closed Thread