The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Logan's offsprings in 'Wolverine 3'?
Yay 3 25.00%
Nay 4 33.33%
Just X-23 5 41.67%
Just Daken 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Rike
Crazy

Default X-23 and Daken - The Official Thread

Discuss.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Default Re: X-23 and Daken - The Official Thread

I just think their over-all look - THE CLAWS come off as Wolverine 2.0 or with X-23 as the female Wolverine and both characters have healing powers, right? So I don't want to see them. I'm also not interested about their stories in the comic-books.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'm not eager. I like both characters somewhat, but I'm not so keen in seeing them in the movie. I like Daken as a somewhat antagonistic rebellious son, but I really want to see far more famous Wolverine enemies before I see him. X-23 I just have trouble picturing a good story for her. Plus, like Daken, I would like to see many more characters before I saw her.

Avi Arad was to Spider-man what Jon Peters was like to Superman. Which makes Venom his giant effin' spider.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Just wanted to add. I quite like the idea of movieverse X-23 being the AoA version of X-23 who was Logan's and Mariko's daughter. It's potentially a much happier future for both Mariko and Logan (I've never been a fan of some heroes should always suffer).

If Hugh is playing Logan for the last time then I would like to see this version of X-23 as his daughter and in future movies. I still feel largely the same as the last post with wanting to see more Wolverine characters (like Omega Red, hopefully), but if it's Hugh's last time then maybe setting up the X-23 and/or Daken for future movies could work.

Avi Arad was to Spider-man what Jon Peters was like to Superman. Which makes Venom his giant effin' spider.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Not for the movies, it just looks like Wolverine under another name.

For a TV series, it could work though...

Old 04-25-2015, 05:18 AM   #6
def28
Side-Kick

X-23 is a fantastic character, the goal is to not have her look like a rip off. While Wolverine doesn't need to meet her right away while she's in training etc, to not see her interact with Logan would be a big huge mistake storywise cause you lose the conflict post her creation. You want these characters to feel connected not apart.

Have a feeling Laura will be quite the fan fav when she shows up.

Last edited by def28; 04-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I think with X-23 they could adapt her better for the screen by losing the clone origin. They could have her as a child taken by Weapon X and Wolverine takes down the facility and free her and takes her under his wing for a bit as he sees it of himself in her.

Sucks that Jackman is returning but I'd hope they'd take time to set up Daken or Laura to kind of take his place.

Recasting would be a bad idea IMO. At least for a couple of years

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine X-Men Days of Future Past Guardians of the Galaxy
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:32 AM   #8
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I think they should adapt X-23. Ideally, Weapon X would have been done right in Origins. X-23 is an opportunity for Wolverine to revisit the program, giving him closure and bringing his trilogy full circle (though with the DOFP time stuff, it's an odd trilogy).

I think the clone stuff works. It's important for her struggle with her humanity and Wolverine's responsibility.

While I'm a Daken fan, I don't see a place for him in the next movie, unfortunately.

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

I voted "just X-23" because, well, f*** Daken
but really I'd lean more towards 'Nay'
if they did the Red Right Hand story, I could see incorporating some of his "children"
But a whole film would really need to be devoted to them, a random cameo would not suffice and seem super cheesy

given the rumors about Old Man Logan, I couldn't see being able to give the characters enough space for a proper explanation and character growth

Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

The Red Right Hand would make a good movie, but not for this Wolverine. Jackman's Wolverine is a pretty tame do-gooder compared to the comic book version. I can't see them making a movie about him facing the consequences of the terrible things he's done... because we haven't really seen him do terrible things. He's the darling of the X-men.

The next rebooted Wolverine should take on these stories though.

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:46 AM   #11
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

yeah totally
give us the Wolverine that half the superheroes hate, the one who's actually morally grey and not just spouting token lines about being "an animal"

I'll be sad to see Hugh go, but excited to see a different take

Old 08-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #12
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I'd like both. Bring them on.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I think with X-23 they could adapt her better for the screen by losing the clone origin. They could have her as a child taken by Weapon X and Wolverine takes down the facility and free her and takes her under his wing for a bit as he sees it of himself in her.

Sucks that Jackman is returning but I'd hope they'd take time to set up Daken or Laura to kind of take his place.

Recasting would be a bad idea IMO. At least for a couple of years
See i think some are in serious denial.while it won't happen with 2018 film
wolverine will be recast.

1OFP was semi-reboot leaving only First class and much of DOFP.Bryan Singer admited most of X-Men films were erased now
2o people really think with X_Men CU fox is going to let go of most popular
X-Men character?
3:With the time travel erasing a lot of Jackman's time as wolverine is gone.
hell Ian Mckellen's entire tenture as magneto is now gone from series.Only the fc cameo and 1973/altered 2023 remain of Jackman's tenture in series inless you want to could civil war-WWII parts of origins and wwII flashback of the wolverine
4:This film is almost a stand alone film in sense it really won't connect much
to rest of X_Men films.It can be viewed almost as sequel to future ending of DOFP while main focus on X-Men films will is in past.
5:It won't matter if X-23 or daken are in this film.the films won't be in future anymore.now if deadpool is success then perhapes more in present but let's not count chickens before they hatch.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #14
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd LOVE to see X-23 appear (and this would be the perfect film to introduce her, if it is really Jackman's last go-round). She's just a cool/interesting character, and NOT simply "Logan 2.0." Daken, I could take him or leave him.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote