The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 05:04 AM   #1
Supperhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Naples, Italy.
Posts: 540
Default Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

I'm unsure about this.

In my timeline, 2 years have passed by.

I don't agree with the notion the movie is set 10 years after The Last Stand, why that? It seems to me too much.

If there's some evidence, we should find it in Yashida's story and age.

What do you think about it?


Last edited by Supperhero; 04-19-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Not sure where you are getting this from.

According to the Empire timeline, The Last Stand was around 2007, The Wolverine was around 2013, the future part of Days of Future Past is around 2023.

That means SIX YEARS between The Last Stand and The Wolverine.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Supperhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Naples, Italy.
Posts: 540
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Not sure where you are getting this from.

According to the Empire timeline, The Last Stand was around 2007, The Wolverine was around 2013, the future part of Days of Future Past is around 2023.

That means SIX YEARS between The Last Stand and The Wolverine.
According to Jackman, it was few years from The Last Stand.

Empire timeline is fan fiction.

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperhero View Post
Empire timeline is fan fiction.
Wrong.

Your stuff is fan fiction; the Empire Magazine timeline was provided to them by individuals directly associated with the franchise.

They (Empire) called it the OFFICIAL TIMELINE because that's exactly what it is.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Supperhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Naples, Italy.
Posts: 540
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
the Empire Magazine timeline was provided to them by individuals directly associated with the franchise.
Proof or source?

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperhero View Post
According to Jackman, it was few years from The Last Stand.

Empire timeline is fan fiction.
Yukio says she's been looking for Wolverine for 'over a year'. That would mean it was more than a year since he disappeared from the mansion. Why would he just leave when he was content at the end of X3?

25 Moments shows what happened after X3. Tensions rose and the mansion's school closed in 2010. The X-Men must have disbanded. Wolverine must have left around that time and went living in the wilderness.

25 Moments tells us that in 2011 Yashida Corp was researching mutation (and this must be because Yashida was dying and wanted Wolverine's power and they were probably developing those suppressor bugs that could hold back cancer - also a mutation - but also suppress Wolverine's powers).

So, sometime after 2011, the search for Wolverine must have began. 'Over a year' brings us to 2013, the year that The Wolverine took place in.

It adds up. Your theories don't.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #7
Sithborg
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 381
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

I actually like that the 25 Moments sets up why Wolverine would leave. Much better set up than him just getting depressed, especially with the ending of X3.

Though, I think The Wolverine takes place more around 2011, since the end scene is 2 years later. Obviously, the new weapon Magneto and Charles were talking about was the Mark X.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

^ There is, I believe, a 2-year time lapse between the actual end of The Wolverine and the mid-credits scene in which Xavier reveals himself to Wolverin, which would place the events of that scene in 2015.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 04-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Sithborg
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 381
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

I'm aware of that. I'm saying that the ending scene happened because Trask was going to reveal the Mark X, in 2013.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #10
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,399
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

I just looked at the Official Timeline, and it lists the mid-credits scene from TW as occurring in 2013, which is the same year that the rest of that film's events are listed as occurring in.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
"harm" is not the same thing as "stuff we don't like."
Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #11
Sithborg
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 381
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

So, a bit of a mistake. Someone forgot about the 2 years later part.

It's not a major effort to fit the official timeline with the 25 Moments. Push X-2 and Last Stand back a year (it does make sense for X1 and X2 to be within a year of each other). Move the bulk of The Wolverine back to 2011.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #12
Supperhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Naples, Italy.
Posts: 540
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yukio says she's been looking for Wolverine for 'over a year'. That would mean it was more than a year since he disappeared from the mansion. Why would he just leave when he was content at the end of X3?

25 Moments shows what happened after X3. Tensions rose and the mansion's school closed in 2010. The X-Men must have disbanded. Wolverine must have left around that time and went living in the wilderness.

25 Moments tells us that in 2011 Yashida Corp was researching mutation (and this must be because Yashida was dying and wanted Wolverine's power and they were probably developing those suppressor bugs that could hold back cancer - also a mutation - but also suppress Wolverine's powers).

So, sometime after 2011, the search for Wolverine must have began. 'Over a year' brings us to 2013, the year that The Wolverine took place in.

It adds up. Your theories don't.

PERFECT. My apologies. I totally forgot about those hints from 25Moments. 25Moments is legit, the Empire timeline is wrong (and unofficial)...

So thank you, I will modify my timeline.

Hugh Jackman was wrong in the interview.

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #13
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

According to the Trask Industries website timeline (click on 'Genetics' on the left and then scroll down the white area on the right) Trask Industries announces Sentinel Mark X program in 2020.

I can accept that The Wolverine took place in 2013, the end credits was 2015, they were then developing a new Sentinel, and it was unveiled in 2020 (it could have been a few years earlier I guess). By 2023, the world had gone to hell and the X-Men needed to travel back in time.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #14
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Trask Industries also says 2013 was the year that Trask Laboratories unveils groundbreaking ability to create a hybrid gene with mutant DNA, that could be the terrible thing that was happening in the end credits of The Wolverine. If so, then The Wolverine's main story is in 2011. Wolverine left the mansion sometime before it closed in 2010 (maybe he left in 2009??), Yukio searched for him for over a year and the film happens in 2011.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #15
Supperhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Naples, Italy.
Posts: 540
Default Re: Time lapse between this and The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
According to the Trask Industries website timeline (click on 'Genetics' on the left and then scroll down the white area on the right) Trask Industries announces Sentinel Mark X program in 2020.

I can accept that The Wolverine took place in 2013, the end credits was 2015, they were then developing a new Sentinel, and it was unveiled in 2020 (it could have been a few years earlier I guess). By 2023, the world had gone to hell and the X-Men needed to travel back in time.
That's pretty much fair. I already fixed my timeline.

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.