The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #426
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Default Re: The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

Just saw the suit scene on IGN and holy **** I would have lost all my **** in the theatre.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #427
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I was at the fan screening...I don't think they ever would have recovered if that scene was left in.

My only guess as to why it was cut was because it's probably not part of DOFP. People would have been expecting to see it after that.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #428
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I've been expecting to see it since 2000.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #429
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

WOW I just watched the alternate ending and I have to say how disappointed I am they didn't go with it, I mean come on!

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #430
Nathan

Anyone have a link?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #431
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Anyone have a link?
http://gotham-news.com/news/2013/11/...ne-extended-ed

Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #432
Nathan

Thanks danoyse. I admit, that would have been a fangasm moment for many in the theater. I honestly would have been excited too. But ultimately, I'm glad they didn't leave it in. I'm still not sure if Logan's comic costume could work on screen. I guess I'd want to see a costume fitting, before actually seeing it on screen. I think the chances are too high that it could look corny.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #433
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Thanks danoyse. I admit, that would have been a fangasm moment for many in the theater. I honestly would have been excited too. But ultimately, I'm glad they didn't leave it in. I'm still not sure if Logan's comic costume could work on screen. I guess I'd want to see a costume fitting, before actually seeing it on screen. I think the chances are too high that it could look corny.
I have more faith now than I did back before Spiderman, one of the most successful movies of all time was a group of costumed heroes teaming up. If they can have colorful costumes in that I think you can have Wolverines costume, i get your hesitation but I do think that nowadays we are in good hands.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #434
def28
Side-Kick

Agreed. I've seen practically everything adapted nowadays. Wolverines mask is hardly more ridiculous then half the comic book stuff out there. Definitely should have kept that Alt ending.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #435
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I have more faith now than I did back before Spiderman, one of the most successful movies of all time was a group of costumed heroes teaming up. If they can have colorful costumes in that I think you can have Wolverines costume, i get your hesitation but I do think that nowadays we are in good hands.
Yeah, but even they changed things around. Hawkeye had his Ultimate look, with his fin mask nowhere to be seen. Iron Man looks always awesome, it's a guy in a weaponized power suit. Black Widow wears all black. Thor did have his helmet on once. And Captain America, many agree that his costume sucked compared to his First Avenger suit.

The biggest issue with Wolverine though, is that I don't really see the point of a mask. A mask is supposed to hide your identity, and really no other X-Man wears a mask. Plus, he never really bothers to hide that he has retractable claws. Which is a dead giveaway to his identity.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #436
speno94
Side-Kick

Nathan, how did you see the extended ninja fight early and can you talk more about it such as the amount of blood etc and is wolverine being WOLVERINE in that scene.

Oh and do we see full on berserker rage in that scene that some of us thought we where missing?

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #437
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Has Mangold or Jackman spoken out about why that moment from the extended ending was deleted? I can't think of any good reasons.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #438
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

They seriously better use that suit in the next Wolverine movie.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #439
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Just reminding everyone again that the extended edition of the movie isn't available online officially (and legally) until 11/19. Anyone who wants to discuss alternate means of seeing it would be wise not to do so here, per the site's rules.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #440
Double B
Side-Kick

I must say, I don't think I want to see the suit in live action...

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #441
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Yeah, but even they changed things around. Hawkeye had his Ultimate look, with his fin mask nowhere to be seen. Iron Man looks always awesome, it's a guy in a weaponized power suit. Black Widow wears all black. Thor did have his helmet on once. And Captain America, many agree that his costume sucked compared to his First Avenger suit.

The biggest issue with Wolverine though, is that I don't really see the point of a mask. A mask is supposed to hide your identity, and really no other X-Man wears a mask. Plus, he never really bothers to hide that he has retractable claws. Which is a dead giveaway to his identity.
I get where you are coming from I understand the changes and such but they still have Maria Hill spandex and Thor had his garb. I enjoyed the cap suit but that's besides the point, having wolvie in costumes doesn't mean he has to wear his mask every second but for a mission where discretion is required it would be nice for fans of the costume to see it. I respect your point of view though.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #442
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Has Mangold or Jackman spoken out about why that moment from the extended ending was deleted? I can't think of any good reasons.
From what I saw it looks like that suit is a variation of what he's wearing in DOFP (Future scene) minus the mask.

Then again if their plan was to use a slight variation of that suit in DOFP, why not include that scene in Wolverine?

Looks like we're back to square one.

If we see Future Wolverine wearing that suit only in the tan and brown version (including the mask of course seeing as we know he has that tan/yellow suit) that we saw in the trailer, I'm willing to bet audiences everywhere will go wild!

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #443
Superhero 101
DESI

Wow That was a terrible move not to put that scene in I mean COME ON!!!!!
Oh and I just saw the bloodier extended cut definitely don't understand why they cut the action scenes.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #444
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Damn, if that had been the actual ending followed by THAT end credit music I would have cried tears of happy nerd joy, just perfect. The look on Logans face just sells it.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:49 AM   #445
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

http://www.wolverineunleashed.com/#instructions

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here it is again if so.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:33 AM   #446
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Have you seen the cut? I dunno if the alternate ending is part of the cut or just an extra deleted scene...
I've seen it. The extended cut is a lot like the Live Free or Die Hard unrated version in that it just adds a crap tone of CG blood and more brutal sound effects. But the difference is that it's done more elegantly than Live Free or Die Hard unrated, by far. It feels like it was always there when we know it wasn't.

There are some extra character beats that are good, more F-bombs, and of course the extended Ninja fight, which is good but kind of goes with the tone of the finale in that it doesn't quite fit the tone of the rest of the picture.

Either way, I could make strong case that this is the best X-Men film ever done, and maybe one of the best of the genre considering how focused it is on character and the fact that the world is not at peril at the end of the film, which seems to be the norm.

Since seeing it, I've had to go back and rewatch X2 and I'm of two minds between it and the Wolverine.

I'm kind of excited to see what Jackman and Mangold do with Logan next, now that it looks like Hugh's doing one more of these films.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #447
DocLathropBrown
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Do you think Wolverine wearing that yellow costume would look good in a movie?
Here's my problem(s) with the anti-Wolverine-costume-arguments.

1. People always jump to the idea that it'd look silly. Yeah, something like Wolverine's costume could look silly. But when it's designed by professionals and lit right, etc... it'd be perfect. They wouldn't go through with it unless they had a version of it that worked. Even the parts of Chris Evans' costume in the The Avengers that didn't work were prettymuch repaired in post with CG.

2. People cry about the yellow, and I grant you that yellow is a bit much. The brown makes more sense. But I figure that if he's just got blood all over his yellow duds because he's badass and sliced a lot of people up.... you're not gonna care what color it is.

3. People talk about the lack of identity on why he doesn't need the mask, and I have to disagree. He doesn't have a detailed civilian identity to protect, true, but in general, it's preferable not to be immediately recognized by cops and such when you're an outlaw vigilante. Ignore the inherent silliness that his hair would still give him away. If he's running around with a band of mutant outlaws, covering his face makes perfect sense. The movies have goofed it making that level of sense because he didn't do it from the beginning but a story reason can be invented easily. The only real goof is the REST of the X-Men not wearing masks.

4. It's his comic book look. He should have had it from the beginning anyway, reasoning be-damned. It's part of his iconography. Why does Magneto have a cape? That makes as little sense (actually less) than Wolverine having a mask. As I said, Wolvie having a mask can make him anonymous to law enforcement officials. Magneto doesn't use his cape to fly or anything like that. And yet he had his cape.

Indiana Jones
and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

DocLathropBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #448
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Once again, the movie is not officially available digitally until 11/19. Posts about where to find it elsewhere are not permitted, per the rules of this site.

I'm not giving any more warnings about this. If you can't follow a simple rule, then infractions or more will follow instead.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #449
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Is the alternate ending an included part of the extended cut, or just a seperate deleted scene being leaked?

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #450
Ipodman
Love Tension

Wow it looks amazing... it's weird how it took more than a decade to finally see this!

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote