Default Re: The Wolverine Unleashed Extended Edition Blu-Ray: December 3

And X-23!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #527
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Make sure plenty tweet Hugh about Omega Red for Wolverine 3.
About that suit, too!

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #528
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Fox Home Entertainment re-tweeted my comment about the extended ninja fight. I'm officially a commercial now.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #529
def28
Side-Kick

Nice. Add the Jackman interview you got to do and your on your way to building a solid Wolverine resume Danoyse. They should just hire ya for press next time when the sequel drops haha... would get some better questions that way.

Last edited by def28; 11-19-2013 at 05:19 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #530
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Hi guys!

I already have the blurays at my store, and theres a new one i havent seen before. A black box with him in knees and sword embossed, 3 discs, with 3d one and those ink character cards, when we put those together, their backs create a big ink wolverine pic. Havent seen before. The 2D disc is also extended.

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #531
narrows101
Side-Kick

The Q&A with Mangold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXh5UZqZ9U

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. Youíre not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #532
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I liked his comment that was tweeted earlier about not wanting Hugh's hair to "look like a flock of seagulls".

Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #533
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Nice. Add the Jackman interview you got to do and your on your way to building a solid Wolverine resume Danoyse. They should just hire ya for press next time when the sequel drops haha... would get some better questions that way.
I would be up for that!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #534
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Just finished watching the extended edition. That was great! Lots of new stuff, a few more f-bombs, and some especially splattered ninjas.

Wow, that was a lot added back in at the 'love hotel' too, with the Yakuza showing up. Now we know why he looked a little worse than he had when they got to the hotel.

I also noticed this time that when Logan has that first nightmare about Jean (after Nagasaki), the radio on the nightstand is the same one he has when he's living in the mountains. Random, but I noticed it.

Definitely worth checking out. Still wish they'd added back in the ending with the suit. When Logan is saying goodbye to Mariko, can see Yukio holding the case in the background, but in the next shot, it's gone. That looked like it might have been a goof, but dammit, we know what that was, so it's all good.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #535
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

The digital copy doesn't come with any of the extras, does it?

I really want to know what the DOFP sneak peak is... and I really hope it has BTS stuff and not just the teaser...

usagicassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #536
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Just finished watching the extended edition. That was great! Lots of new stuff, a few more f-bombs, and some especially splattered ninjas.

Wow, that was a lot added back in at the 'love hotel' too, with the Yakuza showing up. Now we know why he looked a little worse than he had when they got to the hotel.

I also noticed this time that when Logan has that first nightmare about Jean (after Nagasaki), the radio on the nightstand is the same one he has when he's living in the mountains. Random, but I noticed it.

Definitely worth checking out. Still wish they'd added back in the ending with the suit. When Logan is saying goodbye to Mariko, can see Yukio holding the case in the background, but in the next shot, it's gone. That looked like it might have been a goof, but dammit, we know what that was, so it's all good.
Friggin Awesome!!! Im waiting on the physical Blu ray Dec 3rd, But I saw it was available for HD Digital Download and I rushed here to get some thoughts! Thanks!

TWayneP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #537
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy View Post
I really want to know what the DOFP sneak peak is... and I really hope it has BTS stuff and not just the teaser...
SHH already reported this and its definitely the tour set video and not the teaser trailer.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #538
narrows101
Side-Kick

Waiting for the Dec. 3 physical DVD also - I could never figure out the download digital stuff, never seems to work for me. I tried it with "Les Miserables" when I got the disk with the four-disk version, but I kept getting error messages so just gave up.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. Youíre not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #539
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I normally wait on the early digital releases, but I went for this one early since it was the extended edition and the blu-ray is still two weeks out. Going straight through the iTunes Store to the ipad was less aggravation than going through the Ultraviolet hassle anyway, so that was worth it. I can't remember how I finally got Les Mis onto my ipad after that, and I still have do the Star Trek Into Darkness code.

I still have the blu-ray on preorder though, since it has all of the extras, and being able to watch it on my regular TV will be nice.

Another part I liked was the added scene with Logan and Yashida in the well, and how he mentions that to Yashida when they meet again. That's better than him figuring out who Yashida was halfway through the movie, plus Logan talking about his age and all the wars was pretty cool.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #540
Joshua_B
Banned User

Just so its clear, is the 2D version in the 4-disc pack also the Extended Cut? I don't like 3D, but I'm excited for a longer version of the film.

Joshua_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #541
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, is the Blu-ray the Extended Cut, I'm confused as to how this release works?

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #542
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You can get the extended cut on Itunes.for those with just DVD player and having itunes on computer you have a chance to get the extended cut.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #543
Loki882
Side-Kick

I have a Blu-ray player. I was just trying to establish if the Blu-ray version is the extended cut, or if that's a completely separate thing.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #544
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If you buy the combo pack then you should get the expanded cut.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #545
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I have a Blu-ray player. I was just trying to establish if the Blu-ray version is the extended cut, or if that's a completely separate thing.
It's this version:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wolverine-...=The+wolverine

You have to get the version that includes the 3D disc to get the extended version on blu-ray (which is in 2D).

There is a standard version of the blu-ray, but it won't have have the extended version. Just make sure you get the one that includes the 3D disc.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #546
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

My Blu Ray came today and I watched the extended cut tonight, damn was it worth it, I can't believe they cut the Ninja fight, it's a fantastic action sequence and looks like a pretty expensive one as well. I also think the Wolverine vs Shingen fight was longer and there are less edits in the big funeral brawl.

There are also additional scenes that really add to Logan's relationships with Yukio, Mariko and Yashida, they are short scenes but they enhance the movie IMO.

The alternate ending is fantastic, and since there are two theatrical cuts in the set I wish it had been added to the extended cut as opposed to being a deleted scene.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #547
Taka
Newbie First Class

Did anyone who already has the blu-ray listen to the director's commentary yet? I'd be very curious to know if James Mangold explained certain story elements (i.e Logan's claws) or if there were any other interesting tidbits of informations.

Taka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #548
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Thanks Hunter and Danoyse for the brief review of the EE, even more excited now! Getting my hands on the BD next week, cant wait.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #549
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
My Blu Ray came today and I watched the extended cut tonight, damn was it worth it, I can't believe they cut the Ninja fight, it's a fantastic action sequence and looks like a pretty expensive one as well. I also think the Wolverine vs Shingen fight was longer and there are less edits in the big funeral brawl.

There are also additional scenes that really add to Logan's relationships with Yukio, Mariko and Yashida, they are short scenes but they enhance the movie IMO.

The alternate ending is fantastic, and since there are two theatrical cuts in the set I wish it had been added to the extended cut as opposed to being a deleted scene.
They apparently cut the ninja fight to get a PG-13 rating.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #550
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Make sure plenty tweet Hugh about Omega Red for Wolverine 3.
with the suit on.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote