The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #351
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Nope. He will portray Superman 3 times. Originally it was supposed to be a trilogy. Now it will be MOS, WF and JL1. Assuming WB picks his option up for JL1.
Unless there was a contract renegotiation, which would be better to do now than later. We didn't even know Bale was signed for a trilogy until early 2012, things could easily change without us knowing.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #352
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Unless there was a contract renegotiation, which would be better to do now than later. We didn't even know Bale was signed for a trilogy until early 2012, things could easily change without us knowing.
As of 06/13 this is what was reported in a long interview with Cavill I have the mag cause my girlfriend made me take it from the dentist's office. Cavill has a full photo spread on front and back covers.

He is signed to play Superman 3 times, in sequels per the article but that has changed obviously to WF and JL. He was hoping at the time of the interview, shortly before the MOS release, that WB would pick up his 2 options. He got half his wish - they have picked up one of them. I guess WB will wait on WF before deciding to pick up the other option.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #353
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. And the Details article he's been looking for work since MOS finished shooting and had found none. It is what it is.
And you're trying to make it sound like he was looking for a job but he couldn't get any role, when what the article was trying to say is that he's been looking at scripts but he hadn't found anything that interested him while he waited for the announcement he was reprising his role as Superman again.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #354
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
And you're trying to make it sound like he was looking for a job but he couldn't get any role, when what the article was trying to say is that he's been looking at scripts but he hadn't found anything that interested him while he waited for the announcement he was reprising his role as Superman again.
And you're trying to make it sound like .........

It's as if it is not legitimate fo people to have not been blown away by Cavill's performance. How dare those of us who feel that way be able to openly say that. It's sort of like having to be politically correct. I am anything but.

My loyalty is to Superman and not Cavill. WF will be the test.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-25-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #355
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Cavill is in a good spot. If MOS came out and he disappeared into obscurity like Brandon Routh then he and his reps should be worried. Instead, MOS came out, his performance received more positive then negative reviews, who he dates is now reported in celebrity magazines and online gossip columns, got another lead role in a movie, and he'll be working from now till next August.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #356
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Cavill is in a good spot. If MOS came out and he disappeared into obscurity like Brandon Routh then he and his reps should be worried. Instead, MOS came out, his performance received more positive then negative reviews, who he dates is now reported in celebrity magazines and online gossip columns, got another lead role in a movie, and he'll be working from now till next August.
Good assessment. He got more positive than negative reviews yes, but he did blow it out of the park and get rave reviews. It was a B-. B at the best performance. But he is set to be given another chance to do so - blow it out of the park.

Affleck in a weird way makes that more possible than Bale or Brolin or the others would have - IMO.

Reporting on who he is dating is fine but, WF is what counts for Cavill's career now. He is still stuck in a middle ground. Not as bad off as Routh, but he has not had work in two years so studios are not exactly knocking his door off the hinges with offers.

His fate as an actor is in his hands. Superman too, in a way, is also. If Cavill can match or come close to matching Affleck as Batman he wins. Superman fans do too. And rave reviews will roll in.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-25-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #357
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Has it officially been established that Tobias hates all things Superman?

Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #358
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
And you're trying to make it sound like .........

It's as if it is not legitimate fo people to have not been blown away by Cavill's performance. How dare those of us who feel that way be able to openly say that. It's sort of like having to be politically correct. I am anything but.

My loyalty is to Superman and not Cavill. WF will be the test.
And where in your post did you started discussing his portrayal or the weak points in his acting? uh? where did I say it wasn't fair to discuss those things? my reply was for one of your post alone, which was this one:

Quote:
Yes. And the Details article he's been looking for work since MOS finished shooting and had found none. It is what it is
In which you're trying to give the article your own little twist, as if he's not getting any work because he's trying to audition but he keeps getting turned down over and over, so he's now a jobless actor.

My reply went directly for THAT post. When the article was in fact stating that he's reading scripts but hasn't found anything to audition for.

And since when is that article the new holy testament for all things Man of Steel?, why do you keep quoting it word by word, the worst thing is that you're giving it your own twisted interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I wish I had saved greeneyes' post compiling all of Tobias hateful comments about Superman, about how much he wanted Man of Steel to fail so DC would move onto other solo movies. LOL

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-25-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #359
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope. He will portray Superman 3 times. Originally it was supposed to be a trilogy. Now it will be MOS, WF and JL1. Assuming WB picks his option up for JL1. After that WB can re-negotiate a new ontact for hm to be in JL2 and JL3 or not. The ball is in WB's court as it always is with these option deals.
And you know what? Bale didn't even know he would do TDKR at first either. Why? Because with the way Nolan does things, it was bashed into Goyers brain that they would write a script with NO SEQUEL in mind and never back themselves into a corner. Nolan always said write your movie first and foremost without and roadblock of a sequel and THAT'S how they approached MOS.

Don't be regurgitating claims like "It was supposed to be a MOS sequel" because that's flat out WRONG.

Hell, even when Snyder was overseas, they asked him about the rumors about a sequel and he said he had no CLUE what they were doing and hopefully, he would come back and talk about ideas. Does that*sound like there was supposed to be a MOS trilogy when Nolan barely writes a script set up for a sequel?

I don't think so.

And you claim that you're a Superman fan and owe it to Superman and not Cavill, but guess what? Henry Cavill IS Superman and that won't change, so instead of dragging the dude through mud every chance you get, how about you own up to your Superman creeds and support the dude for once? It won't hurt.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #360
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
And you know what? Bale didn't even know he would do TDKR at first either. Why? Because with the way Nolan does things, it was bashed into Goyers brain that they would write a script with NO SEQUEL in mind and never back themselves into a corner. Nolan always said write your movie first and foremost without and roadblock of a sequel and THAT'S how they approached MOS.

Don't be regurgitating claims like "It was supposed to be a MOS sequel" because that's flat out WRONG.

Hell, even when Snyder was overseas, they asked him about the rumors about a sequel and he said he had no CLUE what they were doing and hopefully, he would come back and talk about ideas. Does that*sound like there was supposed to be a MOS trilogy when Nolan barely writes a script set up for a sequel?

I don't think so.

And you claim that you're a Superman fan and owe it to Superman and not Cavill, but guess what? Henry Cavill IS Superman and that won't change, so instead of dragging the dude through mud every chance you get, how about you own up to your Superman creeds and support the dude for once? It won't hurt.
This - as I posted prior to your post here:

The interesting thing is how "old school" in a way Cavill is. Chivalry, politeness, genuiness, humble charm. Cavill has those nailed - in real life. Let WF allow him to show those qualities in his portrayal of Clark.

In the Details interview the author was expecting him to arrive in a fancy car but no, he walked by himself down the beach from his SoCal home.

Cavill has an incredible natural charm that the MOS script and directing held back IMO. Let Henry be Henry in WF and he will be do fine. His genuine down home persona makes me think of a great line from S:TM - "are there any more at home like you?" Lois/Kidder to Clark/Reeve. BTW, in Cavill's case there are 4 more at home like him.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #361
Andreth
Side-Kick

Oh look! you said a nice thing about Henry, we're all wrong, forgive us

TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #362
Tec15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
If it hasn't now is the time. Dude's been trolling for months.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #363
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Oh look! you said a nice thing about Henry, we're all wrong, forgive us
You are forgiven.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #364
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
This - as I posted prior to your post here:

The interesting thing is how "old school" in a way Cavill is. Chivalry, politeness, genuiness, humble charm. Cavill has those nailed - in real life. Let WF allow him to show those qualities in his portrayal of Clark.

In the Details interview the author was expecting him to arrive in a fancy car but no, he walked by himself down the beach from his SoCal home.

Cavill has an incredible natural charm that the MOS script and directing held back IMO. Let Henry be Henry in WF and he will be do fine. His genuine down home persona makes me think of a great line from S:TM - "are there any more at home like you?" Lois/Kidder to Clark/Reeve. BTW, in Cavill's case there are 4 more at home like him.
It's hard to go against how HC is as a person because he is as advertised, no question about it. In sports terms, you're doing what I like to call "hedging your bets." You'd make a great lawyer as well. You may be saying one thing above, but other posts indicate you are really saying something else and that's what's frustrating about 95% of your posts.

You say HC gave a "B; B-" performance (which is outstanding by natural standards) but act like you want to barf-up how he "didn't capture the imagination of Superman" and "he was wooden and stale" or what have you. You're hedging your posts to argue two different vantage points when you are practically for neither, but at the same time, dragging the dude through mud.....purposely.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #365
Tra-El
Side-Kick

..or anything MOS or Superman related. Nothing but gloom, doom and downright negative but Ben Affleck cast as Batman? GREATEST thing to happen to this "BATMAN MOVIE" and how you can't wait for "Ben" to prove the naysayers wrong and all of this while you...repeatedly, drag Henry Cavill....SUPERMAN, a character you claim to like....through the mud every chance you get.

It doesn't add up.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #366
Tra-El
Side-Kick

DELETE (don't know what the #$^%#$^ this was..)

Old 08-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #367
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's hard to go against how HC is as a person because he is as advertised, no question about it. In sports terms, you're doing what I like to call "hedging your bets." You'd make a great lawyer as well. You may be saying one thing above, but other posts indicate you are really saying something else and that's what's frustrating about 95% of your posts.

You say HC gave a "B; B-" performance (which is outstanding by natural standards) but act like you want to barf-up how he "didn't capture the imagination of Superman" and "he was wooden and stale" or what have you. You're hedging your posts to argue two different vantage points when you are practically for neither, but at the same time, dragging the dude through mud.....purposely.
I never said he was "stale". Show me where I said that.

Wooden I did say, but others have too. I also said I think that may have been the script and directing.

Not hedging my bets. I just don't know how much was Snyder/Goyer and how much wasn't.

Batman vs Superman should have a better creative thrust because of Affleck. That will allow Cavill to take it to the next level. It surely should provide a better venue for him than MOS assuming Affleck has a fair amount of creative input.

I am a Superman fan and a stickler. One has to be in a day when the onetime head of WB said MOS would do better than any WB movie to date - HP w/1.3 billion. That wasn't some flunkie in the mailroom, that was the head of WB.

It was stupid of Robinov and he is rightfully gone - probably in part because of it. But WB is expecting the moon, Robinov or not, and that means Superman/Cavill needs to be cooking with gas - whether it be WF or JL.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #368
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wooden I did say but others have too. I also said I think that may have been the script and directing.
Stale, wooden, whatever. I wasn't directly quoting you, but you say so much stuff that sounds pretty but at the same time, contradict almost word for word of what you may post in another thread and repeatedly say one thing, but mean the other. You're simply...confusing and manipulating most of your arguments.

Quote:
Not hedging my bets. I just don't know howmuch was Snyder/Goyer and how much wasn't.
You just hedged RIGHT THERE, lmao. You say Cavill has the potential to be charming and lovable and nice and sweet and be all he can be, but then blame Snyder or Goyer on how wooden he was. So, when 2015 rolls around and IF Cavill knocks it out of the park and OUTPERFORMS everyone, you will come back to "I knew he would flourish. I said he had charm and is wonderful..yadayada" but if he somehow, to your amusement, BOMBS? Well, you said he was wooden anyhow. You're playing up both arguments to set up your future posts in debate. You're hedging.

But, I'll leave it as it lays. I just like to sniff out bull@%%# when I smell it

Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #369
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Stale, wooden, whatever. I wasn't directly quoting you, but you say so much stuff that sounds pretty but at the same time, contradict almost word for word of what you may post in another thread and repeatedly say one thing, but mean the other. You're simply...confusing and manipulating most of your arguments.

You just hedged RIGHT THERE, lmao. You say Cavill has the potential to be charming and lovable and nice and sweet and be all he can be, but then blame Snyder or Goyer on how wooden he was. So, when 2015 rolls around and IF Cavill knocks it out of the park and OUTPERFORMS everyone, you will come back to "I knew he would flourish. I said he had charm and is wonderful..yadayada" but if he somehow, to your amusement, BOMBS? Well, you said he was wooden anyhow. You're playing up both arguments to set up your future posts in debate. You're hedging.

But, I'll leave it as it lays. I just like to sniff out bull@%%# when I smell it

TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #370
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not hedging - its why I don't drive the 3 hours to Reno. I'm not a gambler. I simply don't know because of the creative flaws in MOS. Flaws stemming from the writing, editing and directing. Flaws that fell on Cavill and the other actors.

As for Cavill, I am not beholden to any actor no matter how "hot" or "in" or how good a person that actor is. I know plenty of good folks who could never be actors or doctors or - pick your preference.

The problem today IMHO is there is way too much a cult of personality. In entertainment, in sports, in politics. I don't play that game. Sorry. That game is the BS and too many here are caught in it.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-25-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #371
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
As for Cavill, I am not beholden to any actor no matter how "hot" or "in" or how good a person that actor is.
Huh? But here you are, running around these forums the past few days with Ben Afflecks dirty underwear wrapped around your face claiming he's going to rock and prove everybody wrong.

What I don't understand, is how you can be so big and HIGH on an actor that, quite obviously, had such a backlash by this announcement, and talk in such high spirits on how great he is going to be as Batman when, realistically, his last incarnation of a superhero completely BOMBED out of its mind.

You're so convinced that an actor, who is 41 years old, who has done it all and has a history of bad performances, is going to be just so AWESOME as Batman and you're in his corner 100% no matter what, regardless of the backlash.

But yet, jab the SHEIT out of Henry Cavill who is so very young in Hollywood and literally JUST LANDED his first big role in the industry (where he got GOOD reviews) and can't help but thrash his potential in this upcoming movie and even went as far to say that if Superman/Batman bombs, that it WON'T be Affleck's fault, you know, the experienced Academy Award winning director and what not, but it will all be Cavill's fault and everything would be pinned on him.

But then you say Batman is a much more popular character than Superman and will be the leader of the Justice League and all of this, but turn around and want to blame SUPERMAN if all goes wrong.

I don't understand the logic. Sorry If I'm quoting you a lot, I just don't know what you truly feel about anything since everything is so wishy-washy with you.

Quote:
I don't play that game. Sorry.
But whatever game you ARE playing, keep doing it. You sure are good at it

Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #372
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Huh? But here you are, running around these forums the past few days with Ben Afflecks dirty underwear wrapped around your face claiming he's going to rock and prove everybody wrong.

What I don't understand, is how you can be so big and HIGH on an actor that, quite obviously, had such a backlash by this announcement, and talk in such high spirits on how great he is going to be as Batman when, realistically, his last incarnation of a superhero completely BOMBED out of its mind.

You're so convinced that an actor, who is 41 years old, who has done it all and has a history of bad performances, is going to be just so AWESOME as Batman and you're in his corner 100% no matter what, regardless of the backlash.

But yet, jab the SHEIT out of Henry Cavill who is so very young in Hollywood and literally JUST LANDED his first big role in the industry (where he got GOOD reviews) and can't help but thrash his potential in this upcoming movie and even went as far to say that if Superman/Batman bombs, that it WON'T be Affleck's fault, you know, the experienced Academy Award winning director and what not, but it will all be Cavill's fault and everything would be pinned on him.

But then you say Batman is a much more popular character than Superman and will be the leader of the Justice League and all of this, but turn around and want to blame SUPERMAN if all goes wrong.

I don't understand the logic. Sorry If I'm quoting you a lot, I just don't know what you truly feel about anything since everything is so wishy-washy with you.

But whatever game you ARE playing, keep doing it. You sure are good at it
I'm good at everything I do - don't ya know! Just kidding - to make it clear that you don't go off on that comment.

Affleck has grown as an actor and director. What can I say - I love his story and how he has come back from the trashings he has got and still gets. Based on some of the absurd reactions to his casting as Batman.

Batman is the more popular character by far - are you denying that? Check out the New 52 - Batman is now the leader of the Justice league.

THR article said Affleck would not take the blame if WF does not do well. I didn't say that, I referenced them saying that. Read the article if you haven't. THR did not use the word bomb and I never did. You are pulling things out of straw. Again, read the article.

Once more, I am high on Ben because he has come back in an industry, a town that is brutal - that takes no prisoners. Forgive me for admiring that rare achievement.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-25-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #373
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Affleck has grown as an actor and director. What can I say - I love his story and how he has come back from the trashings he has got and still gets. Based on some of the absurd reactions to his casting as Batman.
Hey, I don't have anything against Affleck. He has my support and it's awesome you dig him, but don't go saying you don't "behold" to an actor when confronting HC and turn around and...behold Affleck haha.

Quote:
Batman is the more popular character by far - are you denying that?
Nope, not denying that whatsoever and I wasn't even close to having anything to do with referencing that argument, which is another argument in itself that is NOT needed. Nice cherry-pick. I won't bite. I simply said that you tout how big of a character Batman is while Superman is second-rate, but yet, bring the hammer down as if it would be Superman's fault if the film doesn't do well.

Quote:
THR article said Affleck would not take the blame if WF does not do well. I didn't say that, I referenced them saying that. Read the article if you haven't. THR did not use the word bomb and I never did. You are pulling things out of straw. Again, read the article.
Was that the same article you BLASTED us in the face with 1 billion times over? "Look! Look! THR said Affleck wouldn't take blame! Look!" Your intentions and banters are so highly against Superman and Cavill that you hide behind articles and then shove them in our face as to why Superman pretty much....sucks balls.

Quote:
Once more, I am high on Ben because he has come back in an industry, a town that is brutal - that takes no prisoners. Forgive me for admiring that rare achievement.
I agree. Affleck did rise above and make it back to where he is supposed to be by hard work, no doubt. But, don't behold to such an actor so much

Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #374
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth;
I wish I had saved greeneyes' post compiling all of Tobias hateful comments about Superman, about how much he wanted Man of Steel to fail so DC would move onto other solo movies. LOL
I remember reading that in the box office thread, but I just thought it was hatred for MOS not the character of Superman. My mistake, I've had him on ignore since the movie opened but he's quoted a lot so I see what he says.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #375
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Oh yeah, I forgot Superman was in this movie!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Closed Thread