The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #201
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman

Old 08-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #202
Andreth
Side-Kick

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #203
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

What kind of 50 are we talking about here? A Johnny Depp 50 or a Mark Hamil 50?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #204
king666
(‿)

That haircut > MOS haircut.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #205
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

He had a lot of hair on the back of his head for MOS.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #206
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
What kind of 50 are we talking about here? A Johnny Depp 50 or a Mark Hamil 50?
lol A Depp 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Is the glass always empty for you, or what? You are the most Negative Ned I've ever seen on a forum.
I hate to reveal this because it makes me look petty and not able to handle others opinions but I have put him on ignore. He has decided that nobody can play the role but Reeve and I just don't have time for that. Liking or not liking Cavill in the role is purely a matter of opinion but when one cannot see the Forrest through the Chris Reeve trees I just give up.

What's stranger than his "I can't evaluate this dude without worshipping Reeve" syndrome is his fantasies that because Cavill acknowledged that money was awesome he doesn't care about the role despite us having proof that he does.

Chris Reeve is sadly dead and until further notice Cavill is Superman for the forseeable future. End of Transmission.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 08-18-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #207
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I pu Tobias on ignore as well, had to be over a month ago when the "how much will MOS make" debate was still fuming.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #208
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I pu Tobias on ignore as well, had to be over a month ago when the "how much will MOS make" debate was still fuming.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I really didn't want it to look like I did it just because he didn't like a performance because that really isn't why I did it. I don't put that many people on ignore anymore, even when I say I will.

And I have no problem with him venting about not liking the film, sometimes you need to vent. I vented on the Pacific Rim thread but I eventually just decided to let it go and move on. I think that Toby will do that eventually. I however am not obligated to listen to his conspiracy theories about an actor. That just crosses a line and annoys me to no end.

P.S You never see me on the negative threads because I don't feel like arguing but I'm happy that people have their vent spaces.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #209
Project862006
Banned User

tobias is the cancer of the superman boards him and elevator man

Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #210
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
What's stranger than his "I can't evaluate this dude without worshipping Reeve" syndrome
I don't worship Reeve - I don't worship any person for that matter.

S:TM was before my time so its not like I grew up with it and Reeve.

I think that Reeve was a once in a lifetime casting for Superman. There was magic in S:TM that will be nigh impossible to ever recapture. Magic, BTW, which was gone in S3 and S4. Reeve was not nearly as good in those films - so much for worshipping him.

Because Reeve turned in a once in a liftetime performance does that mean hold the presses, stop everything. Make no more Superman films without him. That no other actor can turn in a great performance, That's crazy.

Until MOS, Kidder was my favorite Lois - she was the model. Now, Amy has become my fav and I think she is the "model" Lois.

One of the biggest problems I have with WB giving up on an MOS trilogy in favor of WF/JL is that it would have been fascinating to watch the Lois and Clark relationship develop through that trilogy. Now, with the team films and especially JL, there is not going to be the sreen-time to do that story arc justice.

Back to Reeve, with WF they are launching a new Batman franchise and don't be surprised if Bale becomes Batman's Reeve - an impossible standard held up that that each new Batman actor is expected to, if not surpass, then at least match. Like Donner/Reeve/S:TM and S2 made magic so Nolan/Bale/TDK/TDKR made magic.

Marvel has the same problem with Downey and IronMan. If they can't get Downey back for IronMan 4, 5 and 6, the new actor is going to always be in Downey's shadow.

I'm a fan of Henry - more as a person than an actor, but it ain't over till the fat lady sings and Henry has WF and JL to grow in the role and to become a great Superman. I look forward to seeing that happen.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for a reply from Henry to my offer to buy him a beer and fish and chips I'll even make the drive down to FishBar (LOL).

Last edited by Tobias; 08-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #211
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I liked Cavill in MOS. I thought he held his own with the more experienced actors and did a good job. It's the first film. He'll have other opportunities to have that defining Superman film. IMO, Reeve was 1 out of 4.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #212
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I actually think he did better than all the vets with the exception of Russell Crowe, but that's jus my humble opinion.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #213
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I don't worship Reeve - I don't worship any person for that matter.

S:TM was before my time so its not like I grew up with it and Reeve.

I think that Reeve was a once in a lifetime casting for Superman. There was magic in S:TM that will be nigh impossible to ever recapture. Magic, BTW, which was gone in S3 and S4. Reeve was not nearly as good in those films - so much for worshipping him.

Because Reeve turned in a once in a liftetime performance does that mean hold the presses, stop everything. Make no more Superman films without him. That no other actor can turn in a great performance, That's crazy.

Until MOS, Kidder was my favorite Lois - she was the model. Now, Amy has become my fav and I think she is the "model" Lois.

One of the biggest problems I have with WB giving up on an MOS trilogy in favor of WF/JL is that it would have been fascinating to watch the Lois and Clark relationship develop through that trilogy. Now, with the team films and especially JL, there is not going to be the sreen-time to do that story arc justice.

Back to Reeve, with WF they are launching a new Batman franchise and don't be surprised if Bale becomes Batman's Reeve - an impossible standard held up that that each new Batman actor is expected to, if not surpass, then at least match. Like Donner/Reeve/S:TM and S2 made magic so Nolan/Bale/TDK/TDKR made magic.

Marvel has the same problem with Downey and IronMan. If they can't get Downey back for IronMan 4, 5 and 6, the new actor is going to always be in Downey's shadow.

I'm a fan of Henry - more as a person than an actor, but it ain't over till the fat lady sings and Henry has WF and JL to grow in the role and to become a great Superman. I look forward to seeing that happen.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for a reply from Henry to my offer to buy him a beer and fish and chips I'll even make the drive down to FishBar (LOL).
Downey deserves his leave after Avengers 2 & 3. It will suck, but he deserves to leave by then. Same with Hugh Jackman, the day he leaves, it will probably be deserved.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #214
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Anthony Geoffroy caricatures are great.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #215
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Eh. A bit much....

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #216
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I think I threw up a little

Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #217
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

George Reeves looks like he dislocated his shoulder.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #218
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post

These are exceptional and if you tale out the caricatureness of it all, they sort of do closely resemble their actual counterparts.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #219
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
These are exceptional and if you tale out the caricatureness of it all, they sort of do closely resemble their actual counterparts.
I was just going to say the opposite: these figures have been cariacatured so strongly that they no longer bear much resemblance to their real-life counterparts. :/

Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #220
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #221
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:

That would make for a great poster. I bet he could sell a ton of copies.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #222
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:

I love it.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #223
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:

Only missing person from the line-up is Tom Welling.

At the end of Smallville he embraced his destiny as Superman - though unfortunately they didn't show him full-on in the suit.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #224
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Only missing person from the line-up is Tom Welling.

At the end of Smallville he embraced his destiny as Superman - though unfortunately they didn't show him full-on in the suit.
Actually the poster is missing Gerard Christopher and John Newton Hymes, unlike Welling they actually put on the costume (they both looked older than brandon routh despite the fact they they were called superBOY rather than SuperMAN.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #225
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Actually the poster is missing Gerard Christopher and John Newton Hymes, unlike Welling they actually put on the costume (they both looked older than brandon routh despite the fact they they were called superBOY rather than SuperMAN.
Mea culpa.

You are right. Gerard Christopher looked incredible in the suit and was like 30 when he played "Superboy" - older than either Routh or Cavill when they filmed their Superman films. Newton was much younger, around 20 I think, but yes - add both to the lineup!

Notice my avatar - I'm a huge fan of Christopher and Superboy.

Face-wise Newton and Reeve had the best Supes look with Newton edging out Reeve.

Body-wise Christoper and Cavill had the best bods.

Overall - face and body-wise? Opening up the envelope, the winner is Cavill

Great shot of Newton as Supes below - wish I could make it larger but I have not figured that trick out yet. I'm using the attachment option and that is how it turns out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3418.jpg (36.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Tobias; 08-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Closed Thread