The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #351
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Default Re: How should the Goblin look???

If the goblin is a transformation instead of an actual costume, I'd like him to look like Jackal: big ears, green skin... of course without any fur!

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #352
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I really just want Hulk Goblin on a smaller scale.

Like this:

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #353
Airnick
RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
doesn't gwen kind of have to die, you know, from a storytelling perspective?

peter starts the movie as an over-confident, happy-go-lucky spider-man, who has decided to have his cake and eat it too by still dating gwen. so, her dying is the character getting his comeuppance, right?

isn't her death meant to be what finally drives home "with great power comes great responsibility"?

seems like a creative cop out if she survives, and if they end on a cliff hanger then that's almost as bad, as we have to wait two years for closure.

ps. all the foreshadowing to her death in the first movie would be a bit redundant (should have saved it for tasm2) assuming she survives.
completely agree with this.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #354
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl500jazz View Post
I really do think that Gwen will have a proper exit in TASM3. Killing her off in TASM2 would seem way too rushed and haphazard with everything else that they are doing in the film. Waiting until the next film gives them more time to develop Harry/Norman's motives and the Goblin persona as the main plot of the film (as opposed to a minor subplot), further develop Peter's complicated relationship with Harry, and introduce MJ and her relationships with the other characters (setting her up to be the female lead in TASM4) before Gwen bites the dust. That way TASM4 is free to explore Peter and MJ's friendship and how Peter handles Gwen's death.

With regards to all of the foreshadowing, I expect that to continue through TASM2 and also expect a death 'fakeout' for the fans (hence the bridge and the clothes from the comics). When/how she really dies will be a little more 'unexpected' than that. I believe that TASM2 will show Peter enjoying being the 'friendly neighborhood Spider-man' and (although its bound to have its ups and downs) will ultimately end on a positive note, TASM3 will start off good, but will end on a sour note with Gwen's death, and TASM4 will be an emotional roller coaster and will end on an optimistic/hopeful note possibly hinting at Peter's future with MJ.

Btw, I'm sure its been said before, but I can't help but think that Mysterio would make an incredible villain post 'death of Gwen Stacy'. They can pull all sorts of twisted illusions with Gwen or Uncle Ben ala Scarecrow from Batman Arkham Asylum. Peter having to confront his demons head-on.
One film isn't nearly enough time to explore Peter/MJ's relationship, at least if you want to do it right. Also, "hinting" at the relationship would be such a copout. Do the relationship, don't "hint" at it.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #355
sl500jazz
chasin' the blues away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
One film isn't nearly enough time to explore Peter/MJ's relationship, at least if you want to do it right. Also, "hinting" at the relationship would be such a copout. Do the relationship, don't "hint" at it.

Assuming that MJ will be introduced at the beginning of the 3rd film prior to Gwen's death, with a solid direction/writing, TASM3 and 4 should be more than enough time to develop the Peter/MJ relationship with Gwen's death and Harry's instability essentially pushing them closer together by TASM4.

When you say relationship, do you mean a romantic relationship? Peter and MJ were best friends before they were lovers. She was one of the only people to comfort him after Gwen's death. She's his support system and he keeps her grounded. I think that would be a smart move for this franchise. Explore their budding friendship once Gwen is gone: explaining why this woman is the right woman for Peter Parker, without ever really going there.

If you are expecting them to walk down the aisle, unless these films continue indefinitely, it just isn't going to happen . Hinting at an attraction or chemistry between the two (that both characters are unaware of and/or deny) wouldn't be a "copout". It would be the most realistic/natural approach under the circumstances. Having Peter jump into another romantic relationship after Gwen's death would be difficult for audiences to swallow (especially when they have already fallen hard for Stone's Gwen) and would feel rushed.

Last edited by sl500jazz; 10-19-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #356
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:

I believe that TASM2 will show Peter enjoying being the 'friendly neighborhood Spider-man' and (although its bound to have its ups and downs) will ultimately end on a positive note, TASM3 will start off good, but will end on a sour note with Gwen's death, and TASM4 will be an emotional roller coaster and will end on an optimistic/hopeful note possibly hinting at Peter's future with MJ.
This is also how I see it going best, as far as the pacing of a 4 piece story arc.

I don't understand the rush to get to MJ. Spider-Man/Gwen/Goblin is a major story, I like that there's a good chance they'll take their time doing it right.

and a poster above brought up Empire Strikes Back and how the second movie should end in despair, something like that...
but just move the second movie to the 3rd, what's the big deal about a trilogy?

they're gonna make more movies after the 3rd one...

Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #357
Akimych
Side-Kick

Old 10-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #358
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
This is also how I see it going best, as far as the pacing of a 4 piece story arc.

I don't understand the rush to get to MJ. Spider-Man/Gwen/Goblin is a major story, I like that there's a good chance they'll take their time doing it right.

and a poster above brought up Empire Strikes Back and how the second movie should end in despair, something like that...
but just move the second movie to the 3rd, what's the big deal about a trilogy?

they're gonna make more movies after the 3rd one...
Because if they're not going to give MJ the proper development, then don't introduce her at all. She's too important/iconic/interesting a character to be shoved into the final film as an afterthought.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #359
sl500jazz
chasin' the blues away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Because if they're not going to give MJ the proper development, then don't introduce her at all. She's too important/iconic/interesting a character to be shoved into the final film as an afterthought.
Lol. Funny that this is the goblin thread and we're here talking about MJ.

Anyway, still don't get what it is that you are trying to argue. Are you trying to say that Gwen should die in the 2nd film so they can introduce MJ as the main love interest in the third and fourth? How could MJ showing up while Peter is grieving over Gwen Stacy ever work?

If anything, prolonging Gwen's death to the end of the third film would be beneficial for MJ's character because Gwen's death was a pivotal point in her character development and the Peter/MJ relationship. They can introduce MJ at the beginning of the 3rd film. She befriends Peter, Gwen, and Harry. Upon meeting her, Peter gets the wrong impression (thinks that she's shallow and flighty). When Gwen dies towards the end of the film, MJ tries to comfort Peter. We get a scene like this:

And then in the fourth film, the Peter/MJ friendship can take center stage as they grow closer to one another and Peter gets to know the real MJ. What's wrong with that? It's a natural progression that follows the comics, and adds more meaning/significance to both MJ's character and Gwen's death. Imo, it wouldn't be an afterthought at all. Especially when this has become a "death of Gwen Stacy" centered quadrilogy.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #360
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol. Funny that this is the goblin thread and we're here talking about MJ.

Anyway, still don't get what it is that you are trying to argue. Are you trying to say that Gwen should die in the 2nd film so they can introduce MJ as the main love interest in the third and fourth? How could MJ showing up while Peter is grieving over Gwen Stacy ever work?

If anything, prolonging Gwen's death to the end of the third film would be beneficial for MJ's character because Gwen's death was a pivotal point in her character development and the Peter/MJ relationship. They can introduce MJ at the beginning of the 3rd film. She befriends Peter, Gwen, and Harry. Upon meeting her, Peter gets the wrong impression (thinks that she's shallow and flighty). When Gwen dies towards the end of the film, MJ tries to comfort Peter. We get a scene like this:

And then in the fourth film, the Peter/MJ friendship can take center stage as they grow closer to one another and Peter gets to know the real MJ. What's wrong with that? It's a natural progression that follows the comics, and adds more meaning/significance to both MJ's character and Gwen's death. Imo, it wouldn't be an afterthought at all. Especially when this has become a "death of Gwen Stacy" centered quadrilogy.
I like this. At one time I was in favor of Gwen getting the axe in the 2nd part but these days I think it's better to let it breathe. We finally have two leads with great chemistry, why screw with that by killing one of them prematurely?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #361
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Why screw with that by killing one of them prematurely?
I agree, but Death waits for no-one...

Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #362
Rise_-
Side-Kick

As much as I am hoping for something really different, I think the suit will still have an Oscorp background.

- Superhero Hyperbole Forums.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #363
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
As much as I am hoping for something really different, I think the suit will still have an Oscorp background.
Same - I'd like it to make sense though - an explanation as to why a goblin mask is chosen, even if it's just because Norman (or Harry ) has a thing for exotic masks.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #364
Alex_Spider
Banned User

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #365
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Same - I'd like it to make sense though - an explanation as to why a goblin mask is chosen, even if it's just because Norman (or Harry ) has a thing for exotic masks.
Just like in SM1! lol. But really, In the TASM universe, Oscorp isn't a military weapons contractor like in SM1. They're all about genetic research, etc.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #366
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I think Oscorp does cover a lot more than just genetic research, it just wasn't explored that much in TASM

Old 10-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #367
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I really just want Hulk Goblin on a smaller scale.

Like this:

that thing with a little more armor and a glider = win

Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #368
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I think Oscorp does cover a lot more than just genetic research, it just wasn't explored that much in TASM

Old 10-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #369
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Yeah, I think they cover a wide range of research and projects. Wasn't their motto, "Building from the cell to the superstructure?"

Old 10-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #370
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, I think they cover a wide range of research and projects. Wasn't their motto, "Building from the cell to the superstructure?"
lol. Rolls right off the tongue.

I don't recall this line in the film. Is this during the part where they show the display of Norman Osborn's sillhouetted face (lol)?

Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #371
JOE

Or during the part where you see the rhino hologram?

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

Old 10-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #372
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I don't know where that was said, but regardless, it was already said in the viral stuff that Oscorp is working on some kind of "flight harness" which is definitely not genetic research

Old 10-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #373
CashforStash
Baned User (get it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimych View Post

Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #374
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
lol. Rolls right off the tongue.

I don't recall this line in the film. Is this during the part where they show the display of Norman Osborn's sillhouetted face (lol)?
Quote:
I don't know where that was said, but regardless, it was already said in the viral stuff that Oscorp is working on some kind of "flight harness" which is definitely not genetic research
Their motto I read somewhere during the viral marketing campaign they had prior to the release of ASM. I think it was more like "Altering the future from the cell to the superstructure."

I don't think that was ever said in the film. Vid got me wondering though so I watched the part of the movie where Pete first goes to Oscorp and this is part of the loudspeaker voice that's overheard while he's ascending the escalator...

"...Oscorp Tower houses 108 floors of innovation. Our scientific minds are pushing the boundaries of defense, biomedical, and chemical technologies."

I'd say that covers more than just genetic research.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #375
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

His face looks more like classic gobby!

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Closed Thread