The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #101
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Default Re: How should the Goblin look???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
He has to be twisted, I want a creepy laugh.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #102
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

I made this design on HeroMachine 3.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #103
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

https://sphotos-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/h...51806083_n.jpg

I'm using the mobile version so I can't post the pic on here. But here's the link.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #104
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

If it had less purple and more black, then I wouldn't mind something like that.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #105
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post

I'm using the mobile version so I can't post the pic on here. But here's the link.
Well I personally don't like it. But it's cool to see the opinions.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #106
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
The GG can be Shown in Evolving Process like The original look of Purple dressed with Green skin in First form and then Mutating into Final Huge Monster form with help of CGI like they did with the Lizard so we could get Treat of both versions .
We got just one form of the Lizard and later his eyes changed but that's about it

Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #107
JOE

There needs to be some news soon... Thor's new trailer comes out tomorrow. I want something for Spidey though!

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #108
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post

It's okay. I personally like the design on the other page.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #109
JOE

I'd like to see a different approach with the glider this time around. Something very advanced.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #110
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
I'd like to see a different approach with the glider this time around. Something very advanced.
I'm sure everything will be more advanced. Oscorp looks like a hell of a company.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #111
JOE

I love how in TASM they showed the virtual Rhino thing and he's in the very next movie. I wonder what other creatures were in that?

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #112
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love how in TASM they showed the virtual Rhino thing and he's in the very next movie. I wonder what other creatures were in that?

BEES. OMG. Swarm is teh villain in TASM3 cuz it showed in the virtual thing in TASM.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #113
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
I liked that too. There were like some wasp looking things, a spider, a human...that's all I can remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
BEES. OMG. Swarm is teh villain in TASM3 cuz it showed in the virtual thing in TASM.
Haha

Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #114
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

i hope they go for the mutated type of creature look, but he wears some rags and uses "stolen" tech from oscorp and has (and i quote this from spidey himself) "flaming fingers"

Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #115
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - ****
2. Spider-Man 2 - ****
3. The Amazing Spider-Man - ***
4. Spider-Man - ***
5. Spider-Man 3 - **
Old 08-07-2013, 02:59 AM   #116
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr : Parker View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I like this but the green skin should look be his own flesh and textured more Oragnic looking Plus His Act should be Dark, scary and mesmerizing in the movie

Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #117
JOE

Not really, look at his arms. You see all the creases.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #118
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Spider-Man wears red and blue spandex with big white bug eyes, how is that NOT supposed to look like he walked out of a costume shop?
I like this. Let me try. A guy who wears a green and purple costume? How is that NOT supposed to look like he walked out of a costume shop?

Still doesn't make sense why Spider-Man is allowed to look like he's stepped out of a costume shop, but Electro, Green Goblin, etc...aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
The hero is a middle class senior; the villain is a billionaire who can afford a more robust, strategic outfit.
My argument is how ridiculous this notion is. This is a comic book movie. Spider-Man wears a perfect, professionally made straight from the comics costume- but the villain must be not appear to be in a costume of any sort? I don't get your logic, Webb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
He gave the explanation in TASM
'Spandex...Spandex,Everything Spandex'

It increases his speed while swinging and makes him more streamlined.Like the swim suits professional swimmers wear

As for the new costume,the movie is yet to release and we'll see what explanation there is

Also it makes more sense for a 17 year old to customize his suit rather than a 50 year old industrialist who suffers from mania
So what's the functional reasoning behind the red/blue design, web pattern, etc...that all look professionally designed?

Pretty much the answer is "because it looks cool" (which is the actual reason behind any costume in any comic book).

Sorry, what does age have to do with it? Anyone over the age of 17 can't customize their own costume? And you'd think someone who was insane might actually have a pretty good excuse for making their own costume, but apparently not.

Still haven't heard any proper reasons as to why it's okay for Spider-Man to wear what looks like a professionally tailored, theatrical costume, but the villains must, for some reason (?) never be allowed to do such a thing.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #119
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I agree with Vid on this when it comes to Green Goblin. Especially Norman should be allowed to have a threatrical costume, that tells you alot about his character.

I do think however that it makes more sense for Electro to have a practical suit. But for Green Goblin, I want him to have a rugged, theatrical costume like in the pic I posted, with all the high tech stuff underneath it.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #120
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I really dunno if it was wise to recast Norman Osborn, Willem was da foe

but seriously I can't wait to see Cooper's performance

Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #121
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
So what's the functional reasoning behind the red/blue design, web pattern, etc...that all look professionally designed?

Pretty much the answer is "because it looks cool" (which is the actual reason behind any costume in any comic book).

Sorry, what does age have to do with it? Anyone over the age of 17 can't customize their own costume? And you'd think someone who was insane might actually have a pretty good excuse for making their own costume, but apparently not.

Still haven't heard any proper reasons as to why it's okay for Spider-Man to wear what looks like a professionally tailored, theatrical costume, but the villains must, for some reason (?) never be allowed to do such a thing.
Because someone older than say 30 wont be bothered to make his costume aesthetically pleasing
If we have a teenage villain like in Kick Ass 2,I wont be bothered if he comes in with a funky costume without an explanation

Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #122
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I agree with Vid on this when it comes to Green Goblin. Especially Norman should be allowed to have a threatrical costume, that tells you alot about his character.
This.

Spidey wears red and blue spandex because he's a vibrant character. GG is an evil, twisted, psycho--so why not let him have a costume that reflects these parts of him.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #123
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Because someone older than say 30 wont be bothered to make his costume aesthetically pleasing
If we have a teenage villain like in Kick Ass 2,I wont be bothered if he comes in with a funky costume without an explanation
Daredevil, Batman, Doc Ock (as Superior Spider-Man), etc...All over 30, yet all design aesthetically pleasing costumes (Despite DD's blindness. lol).

Logical fallacy. All teenagers are not the same. All adults are not the same...

Old 08-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #124
JOE

There's no way of making the Goblin look grounded or realistic without straying away so far to the point where it no longer resembles the comics. Raimi tried, and it looked ridiculous.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 08-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #125
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's no way of making the Goblin look grounded or realistic without straying away so far to the point where it no longer resembles the comics. Raimi tried, and it looked ridiculous.
Oh, so because one director tried one look, any other attempt is an automatic fail? lol.

Oh, ye of little imagination. Of course there is. There are tons of previs concepts that have bandied about for years now that would work just fine on film (with a few tweaks) that maintain verisimilitude to the character while "grounding" him in the world they've established.

And if you really think about it, the character of Spider-Man looks completely ridiculous as well. So that argument is out the window.

Closed Thread