The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #351
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Even Bale was a little wooden in Nolan's Batman trilogy I think. Some people make that complaint about Cavill's Superman and Evans' Captain America as well, but I don't think it's such a bad thing to an extent. They're not Tony Stark after all. In a way, they're a lot like soldiers.

That said, the playboy persona of Bruce Wayne shouldn't come off that way at all.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Man if Gosling shows interest in this role he's got it in the sack.
Yep.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #352
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

Yeah, Bale wooden, no way in hell.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #353
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Jay-Z for Bruce. It's a hard-knock life for Bats.

What is this madness?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #354
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Liam absolutely destroyed it in the last season of Spartacus; very much made the role his own and he grew into it with amazing results. He really gave a commanding and captivating performance for the finale, kind of unforgettable if you kept up with the show. I wouldn't describe Liam as wooden, at all. He was quite lively and charismatic. And that voice. Holy hell his voice.
It's that Spartacus growl he has, especially when pissed.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #355
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
What is this madness?
The future, my good man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #356
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
The future, my good man.
Horrifying **** I think is what you mean.

I won't sleep well tonight after that picture.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #357
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Horrifying **** I think is what you mean.

I won't sleep well tonight after that picture.
Just like every other criminal that he scares the hell out of. That means Batman is doing his job!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #358
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Maybe, but he's a wooden actor from what ive seen. There's better choices.

Like others have said Liam grew into the role of Spartacus, and i don't see how you can say he's wooden based off a few clips. Again, Cavill wasn't known for great performances before Superman and he did just fine plus Superman is known for showing much more emotional range than the withdrawn and stoic Batman.

Liam also has a great voice for Bats, has the height and physique. Looked great in action sequences, as has the grisly Batman look i'm hoping we get, so he's my new favorite for the role.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #359
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
No.
I don't mean wooden in the sense that he was awkward and dull: Batman can appear very emotionless and devoid of personality at times -- like a soldier. A memorable scene from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, where McGinnis explains to The Joker that it isn't possible to make Batman laugh simply because he has no sense of humor exemplifies that very well in my opinion.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #360
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
The future, my good man.
Made me think of this...

"

Old 07-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #361
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Made me think of this...

lol! As well it should, my friend. As well. It. Should.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #362
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Like others have said Liam grew into the role of Spartacus, and i don't see how you can say he's wooden based off a few clips. Again, Cavill wasn't known for great performances before Superman and he did just fine plus Superman is known for showing much more emotional range than the withdrawn and stoic Batman.

Liam also has a great voice for Bats, has the height and physique. Looked great in action sequences, as has the grisly Batman look i'm hoping we get, so he's my new favorite for the role.
The guy certainly deserves a shot. Cavill himself wasn't anything special in the acting department when you think of his prior on-screen performances in films like A Cold Light of Day and Immortals.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #363
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well a friend of mine just saw MOS and thought Cavill was terrible in it as an actor. LOL. I disagree but im aware he's no Oscar winner. He's not the greatest actor but he's solid. Ill give Liam McIntyre a chance, maybe he'll be a solid choice for the role. But I would like to see someone else who is a greater actor take the spot.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #364
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
lol! As well it should, my friend. As well. It. Should.
I think Jay-Z for Joker will be the scariest version of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
The guy certainly deserves a shot. Cavill himself wasn't anything special in the acting department when you think of his prior on-screen performances in films like A Cold Light of Day and Immortals.
I've yet to see those films. How were they?

Quote:
Well a friend of mine just saw MOS and thought Cavill was terrible in it as an actor. LOL. I disagree but im aware he's no Oscar winner. He's not the greatest actor but he's solid. Ill give Liam McIntyre a chance, maybe he'll be a solid choice for the role. But I would like to see someone else who is a greater actor take the spot.
And it's not like Goyer's dialogue will be amazing or anything.

"

Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #365
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I thought Cavill was quite far above average. His Clark and Superman seemed like different people, he was charming and commanding yet could tell in his Clark scenes that he was a tortured individual.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #366
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I think when it comes to casting well know superheroes, casting lesser known actors is best versus A listers. If they were to cast Brad Pitt, the entire time people would be thinking "Hey that's Brad Pitt playing Batman" i think that kinda what happened with Johnny Depp in the Lone Ranger. You can't believe in the character onscreen because the notoriety of the person playing him is so well known. I felt the same way about Norton as Dr.Banner. Casting Cavill as Supes was a smart move. Casting Reynolds as GL was dumb. They need to cast a lesser known actor for Bats like they did when they cast Bale for BB.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #367
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post

I like this option...

Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #368
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I thought Cavill was just fine in Immortals to be honest. It's the movie I watched to quell my fears about him being able to translate on the big screen.

Cavill isn't playing Batman so I don't know why are people comparing two completely different roles. Compare Liam to an actor who has played Batman before.

Snyder and WB could but I don't believe that random T.V actor number 7 is getting the role of Batman. Even when I suggest that kind of actor I don't believe that it's going to happen. They have never cast Batman like that. All of the previous actors were well or semi known and had plenty of big screen experience. I don't know anything about this guy and he might be a fabulous gem of an actor but he's a complete nobody in even the T.V world and has virtually no big screen experience.

I don't get why people are ignoring the history of how this role has been cast before, this is Batman we are talking about not Superman.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #369
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Cavill really stepped up his game in my opinion for Man of Steel. He just didn't play him like Christopher Reeve -- he used the comic books alone as his inspiration and did a fine job at embodying the character. I give him props for hiding his accent better than many so-called A-listers out there as well. For those outside of comic book fandom, though, Chris Reeve's performance is better than the original source material. They don't care about the comics. That's one of the reasons some people had a problem with Cavill's acting -- because it was too much like the comics and not enough like Reeve.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #370
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I've yet to see those films. How were they?
Not very good in my opinion. I'll never watch them again.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #371
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I think Jay-Z for Joker will be the scariest version of the character.

That means the Joker is just going to grunt.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #372
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I thought Cavill was just fine in Immortals to be honest. It's the movie I watched to quell my fears about him being able to translate on the big screen.

Cavill isn't playing Batman so I don't know why are people comparing two completely different roles. Compare Liam to an actor who has played Batman before.

Snyder and WB could but I don't believe that random T.V actor number 7 is getting the role of Batman. Even when I suggest that kind of actor I don't believe that it's going to happen. They have never cast Batman like that. All of the previous actors were well or semi known and had plenty of big screen experience. I don't know anything about this guy and he might be a fabulous gem of an actor but he's a complete nobody in even the T.V world and has virtually no big screen experience.

I don't get why people are ignoring the history of how this role has been cast before, this is Batman we are talking about not Superman.
I hear you. I just think if a guy like Cavill, who isn't exactly Oscar caliber, can rise to the occasion like he did in MOS (to me at least), then others similar to him in terms of acting prowess can probably do the same. I'm aware that Batman is a totally different animal though -- partly because he's arguably more complex than Superman.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #373
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Why are some of you guys so sure that WB is going for a complete unknown for the role?

Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #374
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Why are some of you guys so sure that WB is going for a complete unknown for the role?
We're not sure, but many Superhero roles go to little known people.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #375
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
baseless assumption, same reason some people are convinced that they'll go with a big name for the role.

Closed Thread