The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #351
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,512
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Even Bale was a little wooden in Nolan's Batman trilogy I think. Some people make that complaint about Cavill's Superman and Evans' Captain America as well, but I don't think it's such a bad thing to an extent. They're not Tony Stark after all. In a way, they're a lot like soldiers.

That said, the playboy persona of Bruce Wayne shouldn't come off that way at all.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Man if Gosling shows interest in this role he's got it in the sack.
Yep.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #352
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers
 
Tim_Riggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Unknown
Posts: 2,278
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Yeah, Bale wooden, no way in hell.

Tim_Riggins is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #353
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,375
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Jay-Z for Bruce. It's a hard-knock life for Bats.

What is this madness?

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #354
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,375
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
Liam absolutely destroyed it in the last season of Spartacus; very much made the role his own and he grew into it with amazing results. He really gave a commanding and captivating performance for the finale, kind of unforgettable if you kept up with the show. I wouldn't describe Liam as wooden, at all. He was quite lively and charismatic. And that voice. Holy hell his voice.
It's that Spartacus growl he has, especially when pissed.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #355
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,870
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
What is this madness?
The future, my good man.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #356
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The future, my good man.
Horrifying **** I think is what you mean.

I won't sleep well tonight after that picture.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #357
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,870
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Horrifying **** I think is what you mean.

I won't sleep well tonight after that picture.
Just like every other criminal that he scares the hell out of. That means Batman is doing his job!

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #358
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,456
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Maybe, but he's a wooden actor from what ive seen. There's better choices.


Like others have said Liam grew into the role of Spartacus, and i don't see how you can say he's wooden based off a few clips. Again, Cavill wasn't known for great performances before Superman and he did just fine plus Superman is known for showing much more emotional range than the withdrawn and stoic Batman.

Liam also has a great voice for Bats, has the height and physique. Looked great in action sequences, as has the grisly Batman look i'm hoping we get, so he's my new favorite for the role.




__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #359
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
No.
I don't mean wooden in the sense that he was awkward and dull: Batman can appear very emotionless and devoid of personality at times -- like a soldier. A memorable scene from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, where McGinnis explains to The Joker that it isn't possible to make Batman laugh simply because he has no sense of humor exemplifies that very well in my opinion.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #360
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,375
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The future, my good man.
Made me think of this...


__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #361
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,870
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Made me think of this...

lol! As well it should, my friend. As well. It. Should.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #362
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Like others have said Liam grew into the role of Spartacus, and i don't see how you can say he's wooden based off a few clips. Again, Cavill wasn't known for great performances before Superman and he did just fine plus Superman is known for showing much more emotional range than the withdrawn and stoic Batman.

Liam also has a great voice for Bats, has the height and physique. Looked great in action sequences, as has the grisly Batman look i'm hoping we get, so he's my new favorite for the role.
The guy certainly deserves a shot. Cavill himself wasn't anything special in the acting department when you think of his prior on-screen performances in films like A Cold Light of Day and Immortals.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #363
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,512
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Well a friend of mine just saw MOS and thought Cavill was terrible in it as an actor. LOL. I disagree but im aware he's no Oscar winner. He's not the greatest actor but he's solid. Ill give Liam McIntyre a chance, maybe he'll be a solid choice for the role. But I would like to see someone else who is a greater actor take the spot.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #364
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,375
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
lol! As well it should, my friend. As well. It. Should.
I think Jay-Z for Joker will be the scariest version of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
The guy certainly deserves a shot. Cavill himself wasn't anything special in the acting department when you think of his prior on-screen performances in films like A Cold Light of Day and Immortals.
I've yet to see those films. How were they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well a friend of mine just saw MOS and thought Cavill was terrible in it as an actor. LOL. I disagree but im aware he's no Oscar winner. He's not the greatest actor but he's solid. Ill give Liam McIntyre a chance, maybe he'll be a solid choice for the role. But I would like to see someone else who is a greater actor take the spot.
And it's not like Goyer's dialogue will be amazing or anything.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #365
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I thought Cavill was quite far above average. His Clark and Superman seemed like different people, he was charming and commanding yet could tell in his Clark scenes that he was a tortured individual.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #366
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,456
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I think when it comes to casting well know superheroes, casting lesser known actors is best versus A listers. If they were to cast Brad Pitt, the entire time people would be thinking "Hey that's Brad Pitt playing Batman" i think that kinda what happened with Johnny Depp in the Lone Ranger. You can't believe in the character onscreen because the notoriety of the person playing him is so well known. I felt the same way about Norton as Dr.Banner. Casting Cavill as Supes was a smart move. Casting Reynolds as GL was dumb. They need to cast a lesser known actor for Bats like they did when they cast Bale for BB.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #367
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Like others have said Liam grew into the role of Spartacus, and i don't see how you can say he's wooden based off a few clips. Again, Cavill wasn't known for great performances before Superman and he did just fine plus Superman is known for showing much more emotional range than the withdrawn and stoic Batman.

Liam also has a great voice for Bats, has the height and physique. Looked great in action sequences, as has the grisly Batman look i'm hoping we get, so he's my new favorite for the role.



I like this option...

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #368
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,445
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I thought Cavill was just fine in Immortals to be honest. It's the movie I watched to quell my fears about him being able to translate on the big screen.

Cavill isn't playing Batman so I don't know why are people comparing two completely different roles. Compare Liam to an actor who has played Batman before.

Snyder and WB could but I don't believe that random T.V actor number 7 is getting the role of Batman. Even when I suggest that kind of actor I don't believe that it's going to happen. They have never cast Batman like that. All of the previous actors were well or semi known and had plenty of big screen experience. I don't know anything about this guy and he might be a fabulous gem of an actor but he's a complete nobody in even the T.V world and has virtually no big screen experience.

I don't get why people are ignoring the history of how this role has been cast before, this is Batman we are talking about not Superman.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #369
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well a friend of mine just saw MOS and thought Cavill was terrible in it as an actor. LOL. I disagree but im aware he's no Oscar winner. He's not the greatest actor but he's solid. Ill give Liam McIntyre a chance, maybe he'll be a solid choice for the role. But I would like to see someone else who is a greater actor take the spot.
Cavill really stepped up his game in my opinion for Man of Steel. He just didn't play him like Christopher Reeve -- he used the comic books alone as his inspiration and did a fine job at embodying the character. I give him props for hiding his accent better than many so-called A-listers out there as well. For those outside of comic book fandom, though, Chris Reeve's performance is better than the original source material. They don't care about the comics. That's one of the reasons some people had a problem with Cavill's acting -- because it was too much like the comics and not enough like Reeve.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #370
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I've yet to see those films. How were they?
Not very good in my opinion. I'll never watch them again.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #371
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,267
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I think Jay-Z for Joker will be the scariest version of the character.



.
That means the Joker is just going to grunt.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #372
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I thought Cavill was just fine in Immortals to be honest. It's the movie I watched to quell my fears about him being able to translate on the big screen.

Cavill isn't playing Batman so I don't know why are people comparing two completely different roles. Compare Liam to an actor who has played Batman before.

Snyder and WB could but I don't believe that random T.V actor number 7 is getting the role of Batman. Even when I suggest that kind of actor I don't believe that it's going to happen. They have never cast Batman like that. All of the previous actors were well or semi known and had plenty of big screen experience. I don't know anything about this guy and he might be a fabulous gem of an actor but he's a complete nobody in even the T.V world and has virtually no big screen experience.

I don't get why people are ignoring the history of how this role has been cast before, this is Batman we are talking about not Superman.
I hear you. I just think if a guy like Cavill, who isn't exactly Oscar caliber, can rise to the occasion like he did in MOS (to me at least), then others similar to him in terms of acting prowess can probably do the same. I'm aware that Batman is a totally different animal though -- partly because he's arguably more complex than Superman.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #373
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,445
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Why are some of you guys so sure that WB is going for a complete unknown for the role?

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #374
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,267
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Why are some of you guys so sure that WB is going for a complete unknown for the role?
We're not sure, but many Superhero roles go to little known people.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is online now  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #375
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,979
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Why are some of you guys so sure that WB is going for a complete unknown for the role?
baseless assumption, same reason some people are convinced that they'll go with a big name for the role.

KillerMcQueen is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.