The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #201
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.
 
BxB402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 550
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ledger wasn't some romcom actor...

People complained but Ledger was still a very good actor. Very good with a lot of range going in. Adkins is a mediocre action star at best and just a good fighter type. How are you even comparing?
Ok, I'll indulge this and then I'm out. I'm comparing on the simple basis they are actors who's previous work is used as a reason they can't portray a character. Ledger did mostly romcoms and dramas, not intense psychopaths. He was basically a pretty badboy in most of his work. Good actor yes, but people assumed because that is mostly what he did that's all he could do. It's the same as Adkins and people assuming he can only be a dumb action guy because that's what most of his work called for next to his phenominal fighting work. It's typecasting, asuming because they do one thing mostly, that they can't do another. Only huge difference in that aspect is we all saw ledger, most of you know adkins from one or two very simple roles. So the assumation is even greater. I agree with most of you that Bently is probably the best choice...but in the end dismissing my pick so readily with such a lack of actual knowlege of that pick stinks of ignorant elitism.

BxB402 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #202
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,755
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I always thought Superman and Wonder Woman were a little harder to cast than Batman, ya know the whole they don't wear a mask thing.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #203
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post


Yeah.
Am I the only person who always thinks they are seeing Sean Maher from Firefly when I see this guy!

Anyway I truly can not see anyone other than Bale in the role at the moment. He is the Batman I grew up with the TDK trilogy was around from when I was 11 to 18. He was just perfect (aside from the voice sometimes) IMO as both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Some people here I can see as Bruce Wayne (Matt Bomer, Fassbender) and some I can see as Batman (Urban) but I can't see any of them playing both roles.

I don't know. I'm usually a fan of change. I watch franchises that are BUILT around its main guy changing (Bond, Dr Who) but right now Bale just left such a mark on me that I can almost guarantee no matter who they choose I just won't be on board. I will however reserve whole judgement until I see first finished, edited footage of the guy.

But he has huge shoes to fill.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #204
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I always thought Superman and Wonder Woman were a little harder to cast than Batman, ya know the whole they don't wear a mask thing.
Why can't you ever use spoiler tags?!?

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #205
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,465
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I always thought Superman and Wonder Woman were a little harder to cast than Batman, ya know the whole they don't wear a mask thing.
They are harder to cast because they are such visual characters and the actors have to have the right feel. I wasn't denying that.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #206
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,755
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
They are harder to cast because they are such visual characters and the actors have to have the right feel. I wasn't denying that.
I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #207
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,860
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
They are harder to cast because they are such visual characters and the actors have to have the right feel. I wasn't denying that.
That's partly why they go for unknowns.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #208
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 281
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time.

BareYourTeeth is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #209
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Superman can't aging, i would like to see a aged Batman in the top of its shape against a young Superman. Batman beat Superman in the dark knight knight series of comics so they can fight with human strength. In that case Batman would have a upper hand. May Batman have a kryptonite in reserve or a new technology to destabilise Superman.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #210
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time.
i think superman is harder to cast it is easy to find actors who look mature and bad ass for batman it is far harder to find an actor who has that boy scout good guy look like supes

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #211
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,515
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareYourTeeth View Post

shauner111 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #212
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,385
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Looks more pouting than brooding

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #213
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,920
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I think these guys are the most likely





Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #214
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

bentley is cool but i cant help but feel like he fits a villain more

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #215
dystopia
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I can't see gosling as batman at all. Too much of an "it" actor, Imo.
Don't think he really looks like batman either.

dystopia is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #216
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

neither did keaton and imo he was a superior batman than bale

bale was a better Bruce tho

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #217
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,755
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Be honest, are some of you casting Bentley because of Nolan?

Also I think Bentley would work better as Lex.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #218
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,465
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That's partly why they go for unknowns.
Exactly.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #219
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 281
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopia View Post
I can't see gosling as batman at all. Too much of an "it" actor, Imo.
Don't think he really looks like batman either.
The weird part is, I agree with you but despite those things, that any other time wouldn't work with another actor, I still can't help but picture him and only him as the next Batman.

BareYourTeeth is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #220
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,755
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

The question is can Gosling look menacing in a Batsuit.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #221
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

The more I think about it I feel James Badge Dale would be quite interesting.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #222
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I can see Batman being harder since the mask may restrict the actor, since they cannot depend on facial expressions to show emotion. So their actions and body language will have to compensate for it. So you need someone who has shown that capability, but who happens to fit the image of Bruce Wayne and can play a charming yet brooding playboy while being menacing in the suit at the same time.

Charming
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Brooding
Badass
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:



Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #223
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,887
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

I just really hope part of the casting process is the actor simply standing in a room saying "I'm Batman"

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #224
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,465
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
The more I think about it I feel James Badge Dale would be quite interesting.
I was just thinking about him. He is on my list.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #225
danisum
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1


danisum is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.