The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #276
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Lois has had red hair in the comics before, so that complaint makes no sense.
That's a popular misconception actually. You know how Superman's black hair is often depicted with a blue sheen to it? Well, with Lois, it's the same idea really; back when the character had brown hair, colorists sometimes gave it a reddish tint/sheen.

When the intent is to illustrate a true redhead in comics, they almost always conform to very stereotypical notions of how redheads are perceived in society: freckled and green-eyed (like the Jimmy Olsen character, whose appearance generally contrasts with Lane's, as seen in the image below taken from TDOS).

(BTW, this is just an observation, not a criticism of Adams. I'm fine with how she looked in the film although I'd honestly prefer her hair to be just a little darker in the sequel.)

Lane and Olsen:



Superman (with blue sheen):


__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help.
"


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 08-11-2013 at 11:26 PM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #277
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Just because some think Amy looked good period doesn't make it a fact. She doesn't have to tool like a model but if we are stuck with Amy she needs to look better than she did in MOS. something more along the lines of Teri's Lois plus darken her hair.
This reminds me of an earlier comment "Lois is not a bond girl". I had to think when someone said that "you obviously never watched Lois and Cark". Terri Hatcher would later be a bond girl. Plus, in the episde "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape" there is a whole sequence where Lois is day dreaming with her as a bnd girl to Clark as bond. There are at least 4 episodes where we see Lois in elegant evening gowns.

Although there is also an episode where we see Lois cleaning her grout and all dirtied by it, and when she comes back from the sewage reclamantion plant, and a few others.

Still, I had no complaints with MOS. Lois looked right when she showed up in the far north, and if she looked any better after having been held hostae by both the US army and Zod, as well as being nearly killed twice since she last had a chance to shower, I would have complained.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #278
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I'm not the one giving my opinion as fact and coming off that the opposite of what I think has no standing. I don't run around saying Amy was too old and homely to play Lois Lane period.
At least they finally cast someone who looked the right age to be a Pulitzer-prize winner. Unlike what Singer seemed to think, they do not give those out for looks. 22-year-olds would never have them, even though a 22-yearold mother of a 5-year-old is believable.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #279
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That's a popular misconception actually. You know how Superman's black hair is often depicted with a blue sheen to it? Well, with Lois, it's the same idea really; back when the character had brown hair, colorists sometimes gave it a reddish tint/sheen.

When the intent is to illustrate a true redhead in comics, they almost always conform to very stereotypical notions of how redheads are perceived in society: freckled and green-eyed (like the Jimmy Olsen character, whose appearance generally contrasts with Lane's, as seen in the image below taken from TDOS).

Lane and Olsen:



Superman (with blue sheen):

but Lois in MOS wasn´t redhead... was some between brown and blonde... didn´t care for this detail...
there was redhead lois in the past...

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 08-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.
John-An is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #280
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Oh, yeah, so that makes what you're saying totally acceptable.

Did you bother trying to enjoy Lois as a character, instead of basing your opinion of her on her appearance?

Lois Lane does not need to be dolled up, nor does she need to flash her boobs everywhere. There's no need for miniskirts, or coiffed 40's-inspired hair styles. She doesn't need to be a brunette. She does not need to be a carbon copy of every Lois who has come before her -- especially since this is a brand new verse.

What part of the term "reboot" do people not understand in regards to MOS?
Also, at least in MOS Lois wore to the office acceptable office wear. I was never convinced in STM that Lois was dressed to be working at the office. "Lois and Clark", yes I believed it, Lois was almost always in some sort of suit. But STM just did not feel like work wear.

I have to wonder if some fans want to see he look like Lois in STAS. Now that is Lois in a mini-skirt. However, if the mini-skirt functioned at all like it would in reality, we would see a lot more. I am glad they did not go that route.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #281
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Lois was based on Joanne Siegel, a red head.
And I get the whole lighting in comics thing, but sometimes, mostly during the 90's, they just started giving her red hair. Not just little reflections.



And there's also the tv series



She has strawberry blonde hair in the Injustice comics too. And I didn't see anyone complaining.




__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-11-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Andreth is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #282
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
there was redhead lois in the past...
I know it looks reddish there, but it's meant to be brown (just like Superman's hair is meant to be black even though it looks blue sometimes). Read my previous post carefully, and you'll understand why.

Noel Neile was a redhead though. You're right about that. I was referring to the comics though.

__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help.
"


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #283
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I know it looks reddish there, but it's meant to be brown (just like Superman's hair is meant to be black even though it looks blue sometimes). Read my previous post carefully, and you'll understand why.

Noel Neile was a redhead though. You're right about that. I was referring to the comics though.
I´ve read your post but I don´t agree in the Lois part there wasn't brown is red but dyed the drawers put the black to shadow the red as in superman the principal color is black and the second is blue to contrast... that's what I undertood.. I mean I´m not an expert in colors lol... but in jimmy´s case is a natural redhead...

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #284
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,370
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Personally I liked that Lois was a veteran reporter and not some young upstart. I liked and respected this Lois Lane and thought she she seemed more active and smarter than pass incarnations of the character. I felt Adams and Cavill had a nice easy chemistry as well.

Faora was supposed to be the sexy vixen character in the film, not Lois Lane. I don't think Adams looks were played up or down. Lois still looked attractive to me and was sporting flattering but situation appropriate clothing.

Thinking Adams was not good in the role or miscast is a fair opinion to have (I disagree with it of course) but ragging on her looks when her looks have nothing to do with her playing a newspaper reporter is a mean spirited low blow IMHO.

Believe me if I didn't think Adams looked pretty in the film I would be the loudest complainer, I'm still complaining about how frumpy and bad Singer made the very pretty Kate Bosworth look in Superman Returns.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #285
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

yeah i thought she was very pretty she looked good and looked like a professional reporteryou can look hot and sexy without showing busty cleavage and skimpy skirts showing legs




it is refreshing to see a woman done with respect i commend the wolverine for this aswell

Project862006 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #286
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,370
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Oh yes, a huge shout out to The Wolverine for it's handling of it's female characters.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #287
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm still complaining about how frumpy and bad Singer made the very pretty Kate Bosworth look in Superman Returns.
Amy and Cavill supposedly tried out for Superman Returns. Guess they dodged a bullet.

__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help.
"


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #288
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Correct me if I'm wrong folks, but isn't the role of Lois Lane the first role that Amy Adams will have played more than once in her career so far since I don't ever recall seeing her reprise roles for sequels or ever having played a recurring character within a large franchise.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #289
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,909
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Oh yes, a huge shout out to The Wolverine for it's handling of it's female characters.
This will get you mad.

I would also like to give a huge shout out to STID for it's handling of female characters.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #290
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

STID had female characters

all i remember is saldana having very little to do in comparison to the other fleet members

and alice eve showing her good and plenty's

Project862006 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #291
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yeah i thought she was very pretty she looked good and looked like a professional reporteryou can look hot and sexy without showing busty cleavage and skimpy skirts showing legs




it is refreshing to see a woman done with respect i commend the wolverine for this aswell
I agree.
Both Lois and Mariko were potrayed as very strong women.

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #292
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 11,213
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

I just loved that they portrayed Lois and the DP as being thoroughly modern. No offense to fans of SMALLVILLE or LOIS AND CLARK but I never bought that they were working in an actual modern day (for their time) newspaper. Sorry, having a computer on every desk and mentioning the internet does not cut it. There was a texture and context to the look and feel of the DP in MOS. And Adams as Lois fit right in.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #293
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Oh, yeah, so that makes what you're saying totally acceptable.

Did you bother trying to enjoy Lois as a character, instead of basing your opinion of her on her appearance?

Lois Lane does not need to be dolled up, nor does she need to flash her boobs everywhere. There's no need for miniskirts, or coiffed 40's-inspired hair styles. She doesn't need to be a brunette. She does not need to be a carbon copy of every Lois who has come before her -- especially since this is a brand new verse.

What part of the term "reboot" do people not understand in regards to MOS?
And once again here we go with the crap tactic that everyone who doesn't want Lois to be a 2 automatically wants her to be Megan Fox or Kelly Brook. I have already stated that I feel Amy was miscast despite her looks. She was too soft and had none of Lois' spunk or attitude. I applaud the writers for respecting her and not wanting her to be an idiot fooled by a pair of glasses, but they could have gone with someone else, someone who could give Lois a spark.
I am so tired of certain people on this board trying to dictate what some of us think and say. Stating their opinions as facts and ours as unacceptable for no reason other than you don't agree with it. You think Amy was a good choice fine! No one is telling you not to, but what is with this need to bully and belittle those who don't share your opinion?

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El


Last edited by Szetsilya; 08-12-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Szetsilya is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #294
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,370
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
This will get you mad.

I would also like to give a huge shout out to STID for it's handling of female characters.
I think that you are trying to set me off but you know what? I'm not going to go off, I respect your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Amy and Cavill supposedly tried out for Superman Returns. Guess they dodged a bullet.
Well they are going to reprise their roles so I would definitely say they did.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #295
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
And once again here we go with the crap tactic that everyone who doesn't want Lois to be a 2 automatically wants her to be Megan Fox or Kelly Brook. I have already stated that I feel Amy was miscast despite her looks. She was too soft and had none of Lois' spunk or attitude. I applaud the writers for respecting her and not wanting her to be an idiot fooled by a pair of glasses, but they could have gone with someone else, someone who could give Lois a spark.
But you've kept saying over and over how bad Amy Adams looked in the movie, and how unattractive she is , if you would have wanted to discuss her "spark" or acting that's the direction your comments would have taken. But no, all you've done is comment on her hair color, and her "ugliness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
but what is with this need to bully and belittle those who don't share your opinion?
???

you know this is a forum right? if you're gonna start saying you're a victim of bullying everytime someone confronts and debates with you then you should stay away from message boards.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-12-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Andreth is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #296
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

As for a modern Daily Planet, Superman Returns had the best looking office IMO.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #297
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
But you've kept saying over and over how bad Amy Adams looked in the movie, and how unattractive she is , if you would have wanted to discuss her "spark" or acting that's the direction your comments would have taken. But no, all you've done is comment on her hair color, and her "ugliness"
I said she was homely not ugly. There are actresses better looking than Amy who could have given Lois more of a personality. some of thrm are older some younger some brunette some blonde and some with red hair and none of thrm look like they are anybody's supermodel.
And just to get this straight everyone on this forum can talk about how hott Henry is and even in this thrad how hott they find Amy. But I'm not allowed to say the opposite? Good to get the double standard defined.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #298
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,923
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I said she was homely not ugly. There are actresses better looking than Amy who could have given Lois more of a personality.
I think Lois' "lack of personality" was due to the script, not Adams' acting. She was given some good material in the first half of the film.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #299
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I think Lois' "lack of personality" was due to the script, not Adams' acting. She was given some good material in the first half of the film.
I honestly can't call that, I feel if Amy had just said her lines in a different way she could have come off better. Haven't words like neurotic and aggressive been used to describe Lois. The best way I can describe my problem with Lois in this film is I see Lois as being fast paced trying to be everywhere at once, Amy's Lois came across as slow and laid back. I don't know if it was the script or the actress.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #300
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,923
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I honestly can't call that, I feel if Amy had just said her lines in a different way she could have come off better.
She didn't really have much Lois-y dialogue to work with in the second half.

Quote:
The best way I can describe my problem with Lois in this film is I see Lois as being fast paced trying to be everywhere at once, Amy's Lois came across as slow and laid back. I don't know if it was the script or the actress.
Script.

The Boy Scout is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.