The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #301
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Henry and Amy definitely had strong chemistry. There just wasn't enough raw scenes between them. I mean beyond the puppy dog eyes at each other. I think the graveyard scene where Clark explained about his father, was when Lois started to develop real feelings and respect for him (built on top of the fact that she knows how many lives he'd saved including hers).

I hope in the sequel we get more scenes that solidifies their famous love.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #302
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,901
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I honestly can't call that, I feel if Amy had just said her lines in a different way she could have come off better. Haven't words like neurotic and aggressive been used to describe Lois. The best way I can describe my problem with Lois in this film is I see Lois as being fast paced trying to be everywhere at once, Amy's Lois came across as slow and laid back. I don't know if it was the script or the actress.
So Lois going all over the globe to track down Clark, along with her literally being taken from one location to another due to her involvement with the plan that was placed to stop Zod wasn't her being all over the place? Okay...

herolee10 is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #303
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,901
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Henry and Amy definitely had strong chemistry. There just wasn't enough raw scenes between them. I mean beyond the puppy dog eyes at each other. I think the graveyard scene where Clark explained about his father, was when Lois started to develop real feelings and respect for him (built on top of the fact that she knows how many lives he'd saved including hers).

I hope in the sequel we get more scenes that solidifies their famous love.
Well I don't think they were supposed to "fall in love" per say in this film but develop or realize that there could be more between them. If Batman doesn't play a foil to the couple in the next film, then they should be allowed to progress even further naturally, assuming if they get the necessary amount of time to develop their relationship.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #304
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I see Lois as being fast paced trying to be everywhere at once, Amy's Lois came across as slow and laid back. I don't know if it was the script or the actress.
She chased him all over the world, the movie gave us one big scene where she's literally shown all over the place chasing him, all the scenes where she discovers his identity are edited to show her being everywhere at once with a very fast pace, jumping from one to the next. This is actually one of the problems I saw in the movie, sometimes (like in this case), the pacing was too fast, I felt Snyder should have taken some minutes out of the action scenes for more time to build these kind of critic moments for the characters.


Slow and laid back is the last thing this Lois was. She was all over the place during the first AND the second half.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-12-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Andreth is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #305
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,221
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
Iīve read your post but I donīt agree in the Lois part there wasn't brown is red but dyed the drawers put the black to shadow the red as in superman the principal color is black and the second is blue to contrast... that's what I undertood.. I mean Iīm not an expert in colors lol... but in jimmyīs case is a natural redhead...
I see what you're saying. Lane is a fictional character though, so it's too much of a stretch in my opinion to suggest that the reason her appearance contrasts so much from Jimmy Olsen's is because she "dyed" her hair. Even when it's explicitly stated that a character dyed his/her hair, as in the case with Black Canary or Spider Woman, there's no distinguishable factor to be accounted for. Canary looks as blonde as any "naturally" blonde character; and Spider Woman, with her dyed black hair, looks no different than Wonder Woman.

If you do an image search for other characters generally depicted with brown hair (like Scott Summers, Hank McCoy, or Janet Van Dyne), you'll notice that, at times, they too have looked like redheads when a colorist chose to emphasize too much on the second hair color used for contrast. That's precisely the reason I posted this old image of Superman with an overwhelmingly blue sheen to what's supposed to be his black hair -- it's a perfect example.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


As you can see, the colorist went a bit overboard. Superman's hair (in the first panel) looks blue all over. When it comes to him, people don't get confused, however, because in real life no one has naturally blue hair, and it's ridiculous to assume he dyed it blue unless explicitly stated.

Getting back to Lois, the way I look at it, the character has historically been depicted with black, brown, and reddish-brown (auburn?) hair for the most part. Bottom line: it's never been overly light. Again though, that's no slight against Amy.

__________________
Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 08-12-2013 at 01:26 PM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #306
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Her personality was not Lois Lane, researching Clark was what any reports does. There was nothing that set Lois apart from any other reporter on TV or movies. Lois is more than just a standard reporter doing research, she has an attitude and a spark that Amy did not have. She had less personality that Margot Terri Erica almost every other Lois except Kate Bosworth. I said I was happy they showed her tracking down Clark, it gave Lois her intelligence and respect back; but Amy's Lois lacked a personality she was as bland as Natalie Portman in Thor. Some say it was because of the script.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #307
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,847
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

No, you've come up with about six different complaints against Amy and every time someone refutes them, you switch to another one. You just don't like Amy and you haven't from the beginning.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #308
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,802
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Her personality was not Lois Lane, researching Clark was what any reports does. There was nothing that set Lois apart from any other reporter on TV or movies. Lois is more than just a standard reporter doing research, she has an attitude and a spark that Amy did not have. She had less personality that Margot Terri Erica almost every other Lois except Kate Bosworth. I said I was happy they showed her tracking down Clark, it gave Lois her intelligence and respect back; but Amy's Lois lacked a personality she was as bland as Natalie Portman in Thor. Some say it was because of the script.
NOSENSE... IF YOU DONīT LIKE HER ITīS OK... but this lois lane is the greatest and has a reporterīs skills what do you think a reporter does? to be a model? donīt think so.. lack of personality? Amy give Lois personality that another actress couldnīt so... I donīt see your point...

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.



Last edited by John-An; 08-12-2013 at 11:19 AM.
John-An is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #309
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,847
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

What does he even mean by "personality." Amy's Lois was smart, sassy, courageous, witty, loyal, compassionate, spunky, determined, etc. She had plenty of personality and all of those traits sound like Lois to me.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #310
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,802
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
What does he even mean by "personality." Amy's Lois was smart, sassy, courageous, witty, loyal, compassionate, spunky, determined, etc. She had plenty of personality and all of those traits sound like Lois to me.
Agreed

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #311
Zorex
No T, No Shade
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,912
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Had a thought while re-watching "Public Enemies." If they were to pull liberally from that story for the new movie, they could have Power Girl's arc inform Lois'. She could go from being on Clark/Superman's side, to being conflicted over whether or not Luthor's proclamations that the alien is dangerous may have some truth to them, to coming back around to helping both Superman and Batman take Luthor down. Just a thought.

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #312
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 915
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
And once again here we go with the crap tactic that everyone who doesn't want Lois to be a 2 automatically wants her to be Megan Fox or Kelly Brook. I have already stated that I feel Amy was miscast despite her looks. She was too soft and had none of Lois' spunk or attitude. I applaud the writers for respecting her and not wanting her to be an idiot fooled by a pair of glasses, but they could have gone with someone else, someone who could give Lois a spark.

I am so tired of certain people on this board trying to dictate what some of us think and say. Stating their opinions as facts and ours as unacceptable for no reason other than you don't agree with it. You think Amy was a good choice fine! No one is telling you not to, but what is with this need to bully and belittle those who don't share your opinion?
Well, to be fair, you were complaining about her appearance. It's an easy assumption to make.

Besides, it's a forum. Suck it up, because no matter what opinion you post, you'll get challenged by someone on it. Getting spanked is all part of participating in fandom.

Tempest is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #313
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,847
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

The fact that he's given no examples of Lois lacking attitude, and other posters have pointed out examples where she did, also doesn't help his case.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #314
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,444
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Her personality was not Lois Lane, researching Clark was what any reports does. There was nothing that set Lois apart from any other reporter on TV or movies.
Huh? Nothing that set her apart? Any OTHER T.V reporter, or T.V character or whatever, would of takin' Colonel Hardy's request to heart and stay inside before they would take the 100% chance of freezing to death. Lois Lane ignores warning and gets her ass out there in danger to snoop for the story, where then, she spots Clark and CHASES after him inside of the Fortress.

That's not Lois Lane to you? BAH GAWD.

Quote:
Lois is more than just a standard reporter doing research, she has an attitude and a spark that Amy did not have.
Huh? The "measuring *****" line screamed attitude and spark. Lois demanded not to be toyed with (Colonel Hardy and Emil Hamilton gave this look to each other like "..this isn't our average reporter we're dealing with) and Adams was on point.

Her scenes with Laurence Fishbourne were AWESOME. Spark and attitude? How about going against Perry's back and contacting Woodburne just to get the story out there to let her "mystery man" to know the truth. That's....Lois Lane.

Quote:
but Amy's Lois lacked a personality she was as bland as Natalie Portman in Thor. Some say it was because of the script.
Huh? Bland? I agree with Loki882. You just don't care for Amy Adams and are trying to use her "uncharacteristic Lois" traits against her that were obviously there.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #315
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,888
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
STID had female characters

all i remember is saldana having very little to do in comparison to the other fleet members

and alice eve showing her good and plenty's

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #316
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Had a thought while re-watching "Public Enemies." If they were to pull liberally from that story for the new movie, they could have Power Girl's arc inform Lois'. She could go from being on Clark/Superman's side, to being conflicted over whether or not Luthor's proclamations that the alien is dangerous may have some truth to them, to coming back around to helping both Superman and Batman take Luthor down. Just a thought.
That would be a bit hard, since Lois has already basically decided to trust Clark implicitly. I also have to admit I do not want to see Lois swayed by Luthor at all. I saw enough of that in L&C to last a lifetime.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #317
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,802
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Huh? Nothing that set her apart? Any OTHER T.V reporter, or T.V character or whatever, would of takin' Colonel Hardy's request to heart and stay inside before they would take the 100% chance of freezing to death. Lois Lane ignores warning and gets her ass out there in danger to snoop for the story, where then, she spots Clark and CHASES after him inside of the Fortress.

That's not Lois Lane to you? BAH GAWD.



Huh? The "measuring *****" line screamed attitude and spark. Lois demanded not to be toyed with (Colonel Hardy and Emil Hamilton gave this look to each other like "..this isn't our average reporter we're dealing with) and Adams was on point.

Her scenes with Laurence Fishbourne were AWESOME. Spark and attitude? How about going against Perry's back and contacting Woodburne just to get the story out there to let her "mystery man" to know the truth. That's....Lois Lane.



Huh? Bland? I agree with Loki882. You just don't care for Amy Adams and are trying to use her "uncharacteristic Lois" traits against her that were obviously there.
JANE FOSTER.. BIG LOL... YEAH A WOMAN THAT ENTERS TO A SPACESHIP FULL OF KRYPTONIAN MILITARS IS BLAND... AND RESEARCHING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARTIC FOR AN ALIEN.... I MEAN JANE FOSTER IS more bland than rachel dawes...

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #318
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,052
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Amy's Lois lacked attitude and had no personality? Wow, that's something. No attitude? The way she boldly talked to the commander at the arctic, the way she tried threatening to quit the Daily Planet when Perry wouldn't publish her story? Then her wanting her story to get out to the public so much that she went behind Perry's back and had it leaked? Those are all things Lois would do, and showed personality. She was tenacious, intrepid, and brave, all of which are some of Lois' characteristics.

I am curious to how Lois will be used in this film. She and Martha can be Clark's sounding board so we can get into his head. And maybe we can see the story from her POV a few times to take in how surreal the events are.

__________________
Probably the best speculation piece on Warner Bros' plans for its DC Cinematic Universe: http://www.sixokay.com/2013/11/23/ma...bout-superman/
The Sage is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #319
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,802
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Amy's Lois lacked attitude and had no personality? Wow, that's something. No attitude? The way she boldly talked to the commander at the arctic, the way she tried threatening to quit the Daily Planet when Perry wouldn't publish her story? Then her wanting her story to get out to the public so much that she went behind Perry's back and had it leaked? Those are all things Lois would do, and showed personality. She was tenacious, intrepid, and brave, all of which are some of Lois' characteristics.

I am curious to how Lois will be used in this film. She and Martha can be Clark's sounding board so we can get into his head. And maybe we can see the story from her POV a few times to take in how surreal the events are.
Totally agreed with you man.. Canīt wait to see more from the Lois-Clark relationship

__________________
"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.


John-An is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #320
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,069
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Amy did a good job as Lois. I just hope she doesn't get lost in the Batman shuffle.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #321
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 292
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Just because some think Amy looked good period doesn't make it a fact. She doesn't have to tool like a model but if we are stuck with Amy she needs to look better than she did in MOS. something more along the lines of Teri's Lois plus darken her hair.
There are so thing as "facts" when you are talking about physical beauty. Attractiveness is subjective and there are no facts. So while you gleefully accuse others of having no facts when they praise this woman or express their attraction to her, you also curiously remain ignorant to your own subjective interpretation. And that's very odd. Very odd indeed.

But I'm gonna play along with this ridiculous, insulting conversation for one minute to say this:

1.) We are not "stuck" with Amy. I am THRILLED to have her. THRILLED. I think she's a classy, funny, beautiful, kind woman who genuinely loves the source material and did the absolutely best she could with a flawed script. I thought she had great sparky chemistry with Henry Cavill and I hope the sequel gives them more time to actually play with it.

2.) Here's my real issue though:

I love Amy and I genuinely think she's an extremely pretty woman. I can't imagine someone looking at her---even with no make-up, even not in sexy clothes---and thinking that she's not pretty.

BUT--either way---explain to me and others WHY it's required for her to "look better" or be extremely pretty in order for her to affectively play a brilliant career woman that a really good man is madly in love with.

Explain to me WHY this woman's physical appearance is so vital and important to you that it HAS to be a certain way.

Explain to me WHY me ANY FEMALE CHARACTER OR WOMAN PERIOD has to look at certain way in order to embody the kind of strength and power that Lois embodies.

Explain to me why ANY FEMALE CHARACTER has to prove her worth in a love story by being perceived as "hot enough" for a male hero.

Explain to me why you have such a narrow view on women, relationships, love and men that you are so hung up on physical appearance to the point of it appears obsession.

Explain these things to me. In words that make sense. I'll wait right here.

You won't be able to do it. Because in order to actually answer my questions it would require you to admit that your biases and preferences are shallow. That you are judging this woman solely on superficial and shallow terms. That you view love, women and relationships under solely shallow terms. That women who don't meet your shallow standards are not worthy of being admired or liked and "must" look a certain way in order to be worthy.

No woman HAS to look like ANYTHING. Amy is a very pretty woman. But even if she wasn't? It wouldn't matter in the slightest. Because women don't have to be pretty to be worthy of heroism or roles in movies or heroic roles in movies or great, epic love stories with beautiful men.

But I'll wait right here.

Audrey is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #322
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 292
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
And once again here we go with the crap tactic that everyone who doesn't want Lois to be a 2 automatically wants her to be Megan Fox or Kelly Brook. I have already stated that I feel Amy was miscast despite her looks. She was too soft and had none of Lois' spunk or attitude. I applaud the writers for respecting her and not wanting her to be an idiot fooled by a pair of glasses, but they could have gone with someone else, someone who could give Lois a spark.
I am so tired of certain people on this board trying to dictate what some of us think and say. Stating their opinions as facts and ours as unacceptable for no reason other than you don't agree with it. You think Amy was a good choice fine! No one is telling you not to, but what is with this need to bully and belittle those who don't share your opinion?
No one is bullying you or belitting you. They are, however, responding to your comments with challenges, refuting arguments and disagreement.

The purpose of a forum is not just that you get to say whatever the heck you want and people just ignore it. The purpose of any debate even in a forum is that if you put something out in the marketplace of ideas people get to RESPOND to it.

You have made REPEATED comments that have degraded this woman for her physical appearance. REPEATED. People found those comments offensive so they told you so. They responded. Hence the point of a forum. You are not protected from disagreement. You are free to say what you will and then others are free to tell you when your commentary is ignorant, offensive and mean spirited. That's how this works.

It's also funny to me because everytime I see someone describe Lois as being "too soft" I have the opposite reaction of everyone else. Most people's reaction is to recount all the incredible feats of strength and willpower that Lois had in Man of Steel. And make no mistake...there were MANY.

But my reaction is....if you don't think that Lois Lane has a softness to her where Superman is concerned....YOU DO NOT KNOW LOIS LANE.

The idea that Lois Lane is this badass aggressive woman 24/7 is just....a complete misread and not at all backed up by canon. On the contrary, she's consistently been shown to be kind and soft to SUPERMAN when he's in the suit and particularly when he's in danger and needs a helping hand.

Think about who Clark is in this movie and what Lois knows about him. She knows that he's a man who has spent his life running and hiding and saving people....without asking for anything in return. She knows he saved her live and asked for no reward. She knows that he's been an angel to people all across the globe. And she knows that he's afraid. That he's lived his life in isolation. In fear. He has lost a parent.

If Lois Lane wasn't KIND and "soft" to Clark Kent under these circumstances...that would have been outrageously out of character. Because Lois Lane is many things. But one thing she is NOT is not supportive and kind to Superman when he's in need.

Audrey is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #323
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,901
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
There are so thing as "facts" when you are talking about physical beauty. Attractiveness is subjective and there are no facts. So while you gleefully accuse others of having no facts when they praise this woman or express their attraction to her, you also curiously remain ignorant to your own subjective interpretation. And that's very odd. Very odd indeed.

But I'm gonna play along with this ridiculous, insulting conversation for one minute to say this:

1.) We are not "stuck" with Amy. I am THRILLED to have her. THRILLED. I think she's a classy, funny, beautiful, kind woman who genuinely loves the source material and did the absolutely best she could with a flawed script. I thought she had great sparky chemistry with Henry Cavill and I hope the sequel gives them more time to actually play with it.

2.) Here's my real issue though:

I love Amy and I genuinely think she's an extremely pretty woman. I can't imagine someone looking at her---even with no make-up, even not in sexy clothes---and thinking that she's not pretty.

BUT--either way---explain to me and others WHY it's required for her to "look better" or be extremely pretty in order for her to affectively play a brilliant career woman that a really good man is madly in love with.

Explain to me WHY this woman's physical appearance is so vital and important to you that it HAS to be a certain way.

Explain to me WHY me ANY FEMALE CHARACTER OR WOMAN PERIOD has to look at certain way in order to embody the kind of strength and power that Lois embodies.

Explain to me why ANY FEMALE CHARACTER has to prove her worth in a love story by being perceived as "hot enough" for a male hero.

Explain to me why you have such a narrow view on women, relationships, love and men that you are so hung up on physical appearance to the point of it appears obsession.

Explain these things to me. In words that make sense. I'll wait right here.

You won't be able to do it. Because in order to actually answer my questions it would require you to admit that your biases and preferences are shallow. That you are judging this woman solely on superficial and shallow terms. That you view love, women and relationships under solely shallow terms. That women who don't meet your shallow standards are not worthy of being admired or liked and "must" look a certain way in order to be worthy.

No woman HAS to look like ANYTHING. Amy is a very pretty woman. But even if she wasn't? It wouldn't matter in the slightest. Because women don't have to be pretty to be worthy of heroism or roles in movies or heroic roles in movies or great, epic love stories with beautiful men.

But I'll wait right here.

This post…



herolee10 is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #324
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,888
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Good job Audrey.


__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #325
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 292
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Btw, not sure how many of you have heard....

This morning several news sources were reporting that Henry and Amy had dethroned the Twilight franchise and won "Best kiss" at the Teen Choice Awards last night.

I had a feeling there was a chance they had won when it wasn't on the telecast bc no one from the movie was able to attend.

For most of the day, it was reported that they had won which actually was kind of a big deal because while the Teen Choice Awards do give you a pulse on what is extremely popular with young women and young women (though ignored by DC Comics and WB) drive the sales market in many respects for products. (That's why it's insulting when WB won't market to them. Because they are arguably the most loyal fans of products who will SPEND MONEY like gangbusters on a product they support.)

Anyway, late this afternoon, it was revelealed that TCA had to go back and do a "recount" and that after the recount Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson won for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Apparently, this has NEVER happened before where something was so close that it needed a recount. Kind of a bummer.

What I will tell you is that I witnessed some pretty nasty behavior today from the Twilight fandom. They were NOT HAPPY that they thought they lost. It would have been the first time in 5 years.

Either way...recount or not....the very fact that Henry/Amy were THAT CLOSE to the freaking Twilight franchise in popularity at the Teen Choice Awards speaks to their overall popularity with young women.

For all the complaints the movie has gotten about the lack of development for the love story (some of which is valid and some of which I think is off the mark)....there was clearly resonance for millions of people who voted for them.

As much as it seems like a joke....the "best kiss" award at TCA actually is a big deal to teens and coming that close to dethroning Twilight that they were actually announced as the winner this morning is kind of a big deal.

I hope Snyder understands that he has potential here with Henry and Amy and he's got a franchise with a HUGE HUGE following for the love story. So don't screw it in the sequel just bc Batman is there.

Audrey is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.