The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #326
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,361
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

People are actually complaining about Lois' attire? She's worn stuff like that for years.

__________________
Probably the best speculation piece on Warner Bros' plans for its DC Cinematic Universe: http://www.sixokay.com/2013/11/23/ma...bout-superman/
The Sage is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #327
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Btw, not sure how many of you have heard....

This morning several news sources were reporting that Henry and Amy had dethroned the Twilight franchise and won "Best kiss" at the Teen Choice Awards last night.

I had a feeling there was a chance they had won when it wasn't on the telecast bc no one from the movie was able to attend.

For most of the day, it was reported that they had won which actually was kind of a big deal because while the Teen Choice Awards do give you a pulse on what is extremely popular with young women and young women (though ignored by DC Comics and WB) drive the sales market in many respects for products. (That's why it's insulting when WB won't market to them. Because they are arguably the most loyal fans of products who will SPEND MONEY like gangbusters on a product they support.)

Anyway, late this afternoon, it was revelealed that TCA had to go back and do a "recount" and that after the recount Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson won for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Apparently, this has NEVER happened before where something was so close that it needed a recount. Kind of a bummer.

What I will tell you is that I witnessed some pretty nasty behavior today from the Twilight fandom. They were NOT HAPPY that they thought they lost. It would have been the first time in 5 years.

Either way...recount or not....the very fact that Henry/Amy were THAT CLOSE to the freaking Twilight franchise in popularity at the Teen Choice Awards speaks to their overall popularity with young women.

For all the complaints the movie has gotten about the lack of development for the love story (some of which is valid and some of which I think is off the mark)....there was clearly resonance for millions of people who voted for them.

As much as it seems like a joke....the "best kiss" award at TCA actually is a big deal to teens and coming that close to dethroning Twilight that they were actually announced as the winner this morning is kind of a big deal.

I hope Snyder understands that he has potential here with Henry and Amy and he's got a franchise with a HUGE HUGE following for the love story. So don't screw it in the sequel just bc Batman is there.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #328
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,589
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post

If Lois Lane wasn't KIND and "soft" to Clark Kent under these circumstances...that would have been outrageously out of character. Because Lois Lane is many things. But one thing she is NOT is not supportive and kind to Superman when he's in need.
Exactly. And who was the only one to consult Superman after he was forced to make that devastating decision, resulting in pain and agony?

Lois Lane, the nurturer.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #329
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,589
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
FANTASTIC!

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #330
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 936
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Btw, not sure how many of you have heard....

This morning several news sources were reporting that Henry and Amy had dethroned the Twilight franchise and won "Best kiss" at the Teen Choice Awards last night.

I had a feeling there was a chance they had won when it wasn't on the telecast bc no one from the movie was able to attend.

For most of the day, it was reported that they had won which actually was kind of a big deal because while the Teen Choice Awards do give you a pulse on what is extremely popular with young women and young women (though ignored by DC Comics and WB) drive the sales market in many respects for products. (That's why it's insulting when WB won't market to them. Because they are arguably the most loyal fans of products who will SPEND MONEY like gangbusters on a product they support.)

Anyway, late this afternoon, it was revelealed that TCA had to go back and do a "recount" and that after the recount Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson won for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Apparently, this has NEVER happened before where something was so close that it needed a recount. Kind of a bummer.

What I will tell you is that I witnessed some pretty nasty behavior today from the Twilight fandom. They were NOT HAPPY that they thought they lost. It would have been the first time in 5 years.

Either way...recount or not....the very fact that Henry/Amy were THAT CLOSE to the freaking Twilight franchise in popularity at the Teen Choice Awards speaks to their overall popularity with young women.

For all the complaints the movie has gotten about the lack of development for the love story (some of which is valid and some of which I think is off the mark)....there was clearly resonance for millions of people who voted for them.

As much as it seems like a joke....the "best kiss" award at TCA actually is a big deal to teens and coming that close to dethroning Twilight that they were actually announced as the winner this morning is kind of a big deal.

I hope Snyder understands that he has potential here with Henry and Amy and he's got a franchise with a HUGE HUGE following for the love story. So don't screw it in the sequel just bc Batman is there.
I love your posts.

But you are absolutely right about how they need to try to market these films to the young female demographic. I don't know why they get ignored so much by the comic industry in general; they're willing and ready to spend the money. I will say that Marvel has excelled in recent years by giving them a lot to sink their teeth into. WB should consider a similar strategy.

Tempest is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #331
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
The problem is with both Lex and Bats in the sequel the potential for developing the Clark/Lois story is not going to be there given the time constraints.

Its why I hate that WB is taking this route.

Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #332
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I love your posts.

But you are absolutely right about how they need to try to market these films to the young female demographic. I don't know why they get ignored so much by the comic industry in general; they're willing and ready to spend the money. I will say that Marvel has excelled in recent years by giving them a lot to sink their teeth into. WB should consider a similar strategy.
I guess the studios look at the demo of the audience. CBM's do not have a great female demo as a rule. Early on MOS had a better than average female makeup of its audience but not a lot better than the typical CBM. Don't know what the final figure is - they post the demos at the film sites usually for just the first two weekends or so.

Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #333
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,351
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Plus, it doesn’t hurt that Amy is well liked/adored by the General Audience and has a strong following of her own, while Henry is shaping out to be quite popular amongst the female audiences as well for his charisma, personality, and looks. Heck, outside of the Twilight fandom, I don’t know of many (or even of any actually) that like Kristin Stewart and Robert, which isn’t the case for Amy and Henry.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #334
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Well anyways, I watched Enchanted. Amy was awesome but I fell into depression after the movie lol.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #335
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
People are actually complaining about Lois' attire? She's worn stuff like that for years.
I have to wonder if it comes from people who wanted to see her in the outfits she had on in STAS.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #336
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
JANE FOSTER.. BIG LOL... YEAH A WOMAN THAT ENTERS TO A SPACESHIP FULL OF KRYPTONIAN MILITARS IS BLAND... AND RESEARCHING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARTIC FOR AN ALIEN.... I MEAN JANE FOSTER IS more bland than rachel dawes...
To be fair, Lois was researching in the middle of the arctic trying to figure out what the government was up to. She was researching in central Canada, off the coast, and into the American heartland trying to find the alien.

At least this Lois could spell.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #337
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Have no problems with Amy Adams - after Shannon and Crowe she turned in the best performance in MOS. Rising, as those two did, above mediocre material. Hope she is not sidelined in the next film. Since Crowe and Shannon aren't returning she is the best thing the next film has going. Pending of course who they cast as Bats and Lex.

Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #338
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Amy's Lois lacked attitude and had no personality? Wow, that's something. No attitude? The way she boldly talked to the commander at the arctic, the way she tried threatening to quit the Daily Planet when Perry wouldn't publish her story? Then her wanting her story to get out to the public so much that she went behind Perry's back and had it leaked? Those are all things Lois would do, and showed personality. She was tenacious, intrepid, and brave, all of which are some of Lois' characteristics.

I am curious to how Lois will be used in this film. She and Martha can be Clark's sounding board so we can get into his head. And maybe we can see the story from her POV a few times to take in how surreal the events are.
Actually, I am slightly surprised Martha will be in the sequel. In "Lois and Clark" from the beginning, Martha and Jonathan were among the top billed actors, they are listed in the lead credits among the main ones. But in the 4th season, after Lois and Clark marry, M&J are missing from about half the episodes. Even when L&C are engaged M&J don't show up some of the time. Although, to be fair there are M&J free episodes before Lois knows, so the issues might be more complex than that.

Still, it will be intriguing to see how they work in Martha more. For all I said L&C made M&J big characters, they are still clearly there in the last episode, but so are Lois's parents, who suffered both being so ignored in the story that when Lois is in the hospital with amnesia it is Clark's parents who show up to speak to her, and so low in casting that they were both recast. On the other hand in L&C Lucy was meant to be a major character, she is listed as such in the pilot, and then she just vanishes after the first three episodes.

I would like to see some of Lois's family in MOS 2, but with Batman showing up, I am not holding my breath.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #339
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,433
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Have no problems with Amy Adams - after Shannon and Crowe she turned in the best performance in MOS. Rising, as those two did, above mediocre material. Hope she is not sidelined in the next film. Since Crowe and Shannon aren't returning she is the best thing the next film has going. Pending of course who they cast as Bats and Lex.
I don't see what you mean about the mediocre material... IMO the plot was great... some people like it...some don't... yeah the story has its flaws like any other movie but calling mediocre just because your taste.. I see nosense there. this movie is one of the best movies of the cmb genre...

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #340
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
I don't see what you mean about the mediocre material... IMO the plot was great... some people like it...some don't... yeah the story has its flaws like any other movie but calling mediocre just because your taste.. I see nosense there. this movie is one of the best movies of the cmb genre...
Characterizations were poor, no memorable lines - hint so/so dialogue and the editing was bad. The film was frenetic as one critique said.

I am not a big fan of movie critics but they got it right with MOS. One of the best movies of the CBM genre? I'm waiting for the poll that shows that.

Its all perception and we each have our own. We just have to agree to disagree and hope for the best with the next film.


Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #341
Zorex
No T, No Shade
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,916
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
That would be a bit hard, since Lois has already basically decided to trust Clark implicitly.
I don't buy that. What we saw in MOS amounts to basically their introduction. We haven't seen them actually develop a legitimate relationship, romantic or otherwise, and we haven't seen that relationship tested. They might think it's all roses by the end of the first movie, but there's plenty of material to explore than just Lois supporting Clark and everything being hunky-dory.
Quote:
I also have to admit I do not want to see Lois swayed by Luthor at all. I saw enough of that in L&C to last a lifetime.
I understand wanting to steer clear of anything recalling "Lois & Clark," but... I don't know what they have planned, I haven't written or read the movie, I'm just throwing out ideas. It doesn't have to literally be Luthor swaying Lois. It could be any number of things. My idea boiled down to having Power Girl's arc inform the journey Lois goes through, throwing her a little curve ball of doubt somehow to add to her side of the story in the film.

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #342
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
There are so thing as "facts" when you are talking about physical beauty. Attractiveness is subjective and there are no facts. So while you gleefully accuse others of having no facts when they praise this woman or express their attraction to her, you also curiously remain ignorant to your own subjective interpretation. And that's very odd. Very odd indeed.

But I'm gonna play along with this ridiculous, insulting conversation for one minute to say this:

1.) We are not "stuck" with Amy. I am THRILLED to have her. THRILLED. I think she's a classy, funny, beautiful, kind woman who genuinely loves the source material and did the absolutely best she could with a flawed script. I thought she had great sparky chemistry with Henry Cavill and I hope the sequel gives them more time to actually play with it.

2.) Here's my real issue though:

I love Amy and I genuinely think she's an extremely pretty woman. I can't imagine someone looking at her---even with no make-up, even not in sexy clothes---and thinking that she's not pretty.

BUT--either way---explain to me and others WHY it's required for her to "look better" or be extremely pretty in order for her to affectively play a brilliant career woman that a really good man is madly in love with.

Explain to me WHY this woman's physical appearance is so vital and important to you that it HAS to be a certain way.

Explain to me WHY me ANY FEMALE CHARACTER OR WOMAN PERIOD has to look at certain way in order to embody the kind of strength and power that Lois embodies.

Explain to me why ANY FEMALE CHARACTER has to prove her worth in a love story by being perceived as "hot enough" for a male hero.

Explain to me why you have such a narrow view on women, relationships, love and men that you are so hung up on physical appearance to the point of it appears obsession.

Explain these things to me. In words that make sense. I'll wait right here.

You won't be able to do it. Because in order to actually answer my questions it would require you to admit that your biases and preferences are shallow. That you are judging this woman solely on superficial and shallow terms. That you view love, women and relationships under solely shallow terms. That women who don't meet your shallow standards are not worthy of being admired or liked and "must" look a certain way in order to be worthy.

No woman HAS to look like ANYTHING. Amy is a very pretty woman. But even if she wasn't? It wouldn't matter in the slightest. Because women don't have to be pretty to be worthy of heroism or roles in movies or heroic roles in movies or great, epic love stories with beautiful men.

But I'll wait right here.
Lois is a newspaper reporter for crying out loud. They are not highered for their looks, but their skills. She might have her picture buried somewhere on the DP's website, but it would probably not appear with her articles. Even that much would only be after she was well established.

If anything, Adams looks far too good to be a believable newspaper reporter.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #343
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I don't buy that. What we saw in MOS amounts to basically their introduction. We haven't seen them actually develop a legitimate relationship, romantic or otherwise, and we haven't seen that relationship tested. They might think it's all roses by the end of the first movie, but there's plenty of material to explore than just Lois supporting Clark and everything being hunky-dory.

I understand wanting to steer clear of anything recalling "Lois & Clark," but... I don't know what they have planned, I haven't written or read the movie, I'm just throwing out ideas. It doesn't have to literally be Luthor swaying Lois. It could be any number of things. My idea boiled down to having Power Girl's arc inform the journey Lois goes through, throwing her a little curve ball of doubt somehow to add to her side of the story in the film.
What swayed Lois? If you want a realistic take on that check out my Superman fic "The Meeting" on fanfiction.net. Under Comics, and Superman. Author superfan2. My take on how the Batman/Superman film should start off - with a frustrated/envious/bewildered nod to Lois by Lex and Bruce.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9538011/...-of-possibly-2

Just saying - real world and all.


Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #344
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Btw, not sure how many of you have heard....

This morning several news sources were reporting that Henry and Amy had dethroned the Twilight franchise and won "Best kiss" at the Teen Choice Awards last night.

I had a feeling there was a chance they had won when it wasn't on the telecast bc no one from the movie was able to attend.

For most of the day, it was reported that they had won which actually was kind of a big deal because while the Teen Choice Awards do give you a pulse on what is extremely popular with young women and young women (though ignored by DC Comics and WB) drive the sales market in many respects for products. (That's why it's insulting when WB won't market to them. Because they are arguably the most loyal fans of products who will SPEND MONEY like gangbusters on a product they support.)

Anyway, late this afternoon, it was revelealed that TCA had to go back and do a "recount" and that after the recount Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson won for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Apparently, this has NEVER happened before where something was so close that it needed a recount. Kind of a bummer.

What I will tell you is that I witnessed some pretty nasty behavior today from the Twilight fandom. They were NOT HAPPY that they thought they lost. It would have been the first time in 5 years.

Either way...recount or not....the very fact that Henry/Amy were THAT CLOSE to the freaking Twilight franchise in popularity at the Teen Choice Awards speaks to their overall popularity with young women.

For all the complaints the movie has gotten about the lack of development for the love story (some of which is valid and some of which I think is off the mark)....there was clearly resonance for millions of people who voted for them.

As much as it seems like a joke....the "best kiss" award at TCA actually is a big deal to teens and coming that close to dethroning Twilight that they were actually announced as the winner this morning is kind of a big deal.

I hope Snyder understands that he has potential here with Henry and Amy and he's got a franchise with a HUGE HUGE following for the love story. So don't screw it in the sequel just bc Batman is there.
If Snyder can figure out how to properly mobilize the young women fans he can out-grosse Titanic. That was the key to Titanic's success.

John Lambert is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #345
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,433
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Amy was great... that's true...

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 08-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.
John-An is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #346
Zorex
No T, No Shade
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,916
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
What swayed Lois? If you want a realistic take on that check out my Superman fic "The Meeting" on fanfiction.net. Under Comics, and Superman. Author superfan2. My take on how the Batman/Superman film should start off - with a frustrated/envious/bewildered nod to Lois by Lex and Bruce.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9538011/...-of-possibly-2

Just saying - real world and all.
Could you give an explanation of what you're thinking? Haven't the time to read your fanfic, unfortunately.

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #347
Tobias
Side-Kick
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,718
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Could you give an explanation of what you're thinking? Haven't the time to read your fanfic, unfortunately.
Think "below the belt".

My fic is pretty real-world if nothing else. Just my take. The premise, aside from Lois's interest in this "alien", is Luthor and Bruce aligning to save Metropolis and ultimately Gotham from more destruction at the of hands of Superman after the destruction already visited on Metropolis by Superman and Zod.


Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Tobias is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #348
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,433
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Characterizations were poor, no memorable lines - hint so/so dialogue and the editing was bad. The film was frenetic as one critique said.

I am not a big fan of movie critics but they got it right with MOS. One of the best movies of the CBM genre - I'm waiting for the poll that shows that.

Its all perception and we each have our own. We just have to agree to disagree and hope for the best with the next film.
Well no memorable lines? all the jor-el speeches, Pa kent phrases or the prashe I will find him, zod's message to humanity, Faora speech when he was kicking Supes ASS-EVOLUTION ALWAYS WINS!!!! ... etc.. oh no those are not memorable lines... this movie has more memorable lines than STM and much superhero movies... but also has memorable moments if we are talking about some visual stuff.... Characterizations were not poor I didn´t want another Superman returns that made me sleep with too much characterization.. this movie has the enough characterization on things we already know... Dialogue was good not perfect and the editing IMO was great not perfect it has its details but many people reacted cause the flashback things... many people liked and many don´t... I liked.. type BB... fluent not so frenetic as the critic claimed but I think he's refering about the action which is totally factual that two titans fighting and a real invasion could do that damage to a city but many destruction was done by military weapons .. I mean in this movie the military is one of the most powerful presented in CMB, badass IMO, but I don't want to go too much deep on that.... according to you which ones are the best of the cmb genre?
The thing about one of the best comic book movies doesn't need a poll, we already know that yeah it is... calling a poll in this situation I find it silly... I guess you have your own perception... you didn´t like it so much but that doesn't mean it wasn't great... IT WAS... I don´t care about the critics that attacked this movie and put other movies like Tony Stark 3 in a pedestal having one of the most mediocre plot and all things you said fits more in IM3....

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 08-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
John-An is online now  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #349
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,416
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

It's two godlike beings clashing, the action being frenetic is a good thing. That is how it would happen. I had no issue following the action.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #350
John Lambert
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 632
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Think "below the belt".

My fic is pretty real-world if nothing else. Just my take. The premise, aside from Lois's interest in this "alien", is Luthor and Bruce aligning to save Metropolis and ultimately Gotham from more destruction at the of hands of Superman after the destruction already visited on Metropolis by Superman and Zod.
Almost all of the destruction of Metropolis was caused by Zod's World Engine. Superman was on the other side of the world when the World Engine was destroying the city. Lois was acting as Superman's agent to work with the military to stop remove the alien invaders.

Metropolis was leveled by the World Engine, not by Superman's actions.

Even in Smallville, it was more the military opening fire on the city than anything Superman did that caused destruction.

John Lambert is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.