The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #351
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Looking at this thread....

Old 08-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #352
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I think that you are trying to set me off but you know what? I'm not going to go off, I respect your opinion.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #353
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I think too much emphasis was put into looks over acting ability in casting Superman. Ya think?! Cavill was the only one who screen tested. Yikes!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #354
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I think too much emphasis was put into looks over acting ability in casting Superman. Ya think?! Cavill was the only one who screen tested. Yikes!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #355
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
A Cavill gif? Right in the ovaries.

I think Cavill was great in the role and frankly think it's ******** to say that they were just casting based on looks. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #356
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. Shades of Routh/Singer.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #357
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yes except this movie was a hit and most people liked Cavill in the role and Cavill will be playing the role again. Deal with it and move on.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #358
Loki882
Side-Kick

Tobias, what does that even mean? Cavill has nothing to do with Singer/Routh.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #359
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
A Cavill gif? Right in the ovaries.

I think Cavill was great in the role and frankly think it's ******** to say that they were just casting based on looks. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Yes. Cavill gifs make my ovaries explode too.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #360
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Yes except this movie was a hit and most people liked Cavill in the role and Cavill will be playing the role again. Deal with it and move on.
Beautiful answer.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #361
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

He doesn't like Cavill in the role so he's made up his own little story in his mind. Also this is really the wrong thread for this because Cavill has his own thread but I guess we never stay on topic anyway..

I don't like Scar-Jo in The Avengers but I'm not going to make up some b.s reason why she was cast. They liked her and they cast her. End of Story.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #362
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah, what the hell does that mean?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #363
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #364
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Even though she was already pretty well known, did MOS give Amy full mainstream popularity?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #365
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Even though she was already pretty well known, did MOS give Amy full mainstream popularity?
Well, it's the biggest hit of her career isn't it? With the exception of Enchanted I don't even think she's ever played in a big special effects feature before this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Hot guy highfive!

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #366
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, it's the biggest hit of her career isn't it? With the exception of Enchanted I don't even think she's ever played in a big special effects feature before this.
I think Adams had her entry into major popularity with Enchanted. While She might be a little more well known now, I don't think her order of being well known changed.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #367
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Her personality was not Lois Lane, researching Clark was what any reports does. There was nothing that set Lois apart from any other reporter on TV or movies. Lois is more than just a standard reporter doing research, she has an attitude and a spark that Amy did not have. She had less personality that Margot Terri Erica almost every other Lois except Kate Bosworth. I said I was happy they showed her tracking down Clark, it gave Lois her intelligence and respect back; but Amy's Lois lacked a personality she was as bland as Natalie Portman in Thor. Some say it was because of the script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
he best way I can describe my problem with Lois in this film is I see Lois as being fast paced trying to be everywhere at once, Amy's Lois came across as slow and laid back. I don't know if it was the script or the actress.

It's like you were watching a different movie, Amy was ugly, that wasn't what Lois' personality should have been like? Lois was slow and laid back, she wasn't all over the place as she should have? It's like the opposite of what I saw.

Maybe you just don't like Amy Adams. It's ok to admit it, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Amy's Lois lacked attitude and had no personality? Wow, that's something. No attitude? The way she boldly talked to the commander at the arctic, the way she tried threatening to quit the Daily Planet when Perry wouldn't publish her story? Then her wanting her story to get out to the public so much that she went behind Perry's back and had it leaked? Those are all things Lois would do, and showed personality. She was tenacious, intrepid, and brave, all of which are some of Lois' characteristics.

I am curious to how Lois will be used in this film. She and Martha can be Clark's sounding board so we can get into his head. And maybe we can see the story from her POV a few times to take in how surreal the events are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Huh? Nothing that set her apart? Any OTHER T.V reporter, or T.V character or whatever, would of takin' Colonel Hardy's request to heart and stay inside before they would take the 100% chance of freezing to death. Lois Lane ignores warning and gets her ass out there in danger to snoop for the story, where then, she spots Clark and CHASES after him inside of the Fortress.

That's not Lois Lane to you? BAH GAWD.

Huh? The "measuring *****" line screamed attitude and spark. Lois demanded not to be toyed with (Colonel Hardy and Emil Hamilton gave this look to each other like "..this isn't our average reporter we're dealing with) and Adams was on point.

Her scenes with Laurence Fishbourne were AWESOME. Spark and attitude? How about going against Perry's back and contacting Woodburne just to get the story out there to let her "mystery man" to know the truth. That's....Lois Lane.

Huh? Bland? I agree with Loki882. You just don't care for Amy Adams and are trying to use her "uncharacteristic Lois" traits against her that were obviously there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So Lois going all over the globe to track down Clark, along with her literally being taken from one location to another due to her involvement with the plan that was placed to stop Zod wasn't her being all over the place? Okay...

Yeah. what they said ^

We've presented our evidence, draw your own conclusions.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #368
Andreth
Side-Kick

So, I heard there was a war between Twilight and the Man of Steel fandom last night

wth?!

TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #369
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Let's see. Routh was Singer's pick because he looked like Reeve. Not based on acting ability.

Its worse with MOS - at least others screen tested for SR. Cavill was the only one who screen tested for MOS. Because of his looks I guess - surely not his acting ability. Ouch.

Sorry folks, Cavill is not an especially talented actor. He hasn't had a gig in almost 2 years. But he is great for the ovaries I guess based on some comments here. Don't ya'll see - that is the problem. He fooled me - his natural charm at the Comicon interviews. I posted at one point he was an inspired choice - and I am a guy. Swayed but a charisma which did not show forth in the film.

Oh well.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #370
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
He doesn't like Cavill in the role so he's made up his own little story in his mind. Also this is really the wrong thread for this because Cavill has his own thread but I guess we never stay on topic anyway..

I don't like Scar-Jo in The Avengers but I'm not going to make up some b.s reason why she was cast. They liked her and they cast her. End of Story.
But boobs????

Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #371
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
So, I heard there was a war between Twilight and the Man of Steel fandom last night

wth?!
Yeah, Audrey said it was over best liplock.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #372
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Let's see. Routh was Singer's pick because he looked like Reeve. Not based on acting ability.

Its worse with MOS - at least others screen tested for SR. Cavill was the only one who screen tested for MOS. Ouch.

Sorry folks, he's not an especially talented actor. But he is great for the ovaries I guess based on some comments here. Don't ya'll see - that is the problem.

Oh well.
Most people that didn't like the movie said he did a good job.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #373
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

Its worse with MOS - at least others screen tested for SR. Cavill was the only one who screen tested for MOS. Ouch.

Sorry folks, he's not an especially talented actor. But he is great for the ovaries I guess based on some comments here. Don't ya'll see - that is the problem.

Oh well.
whaaaaat

Even though Henry has been making me drool for years, I can honestly say without a doubt that he was AMAZING in Man of Steel, and not because of his looks. Even in the bad reviews the critics praised his performance.

And what do you mean no one else screen tested for MoS?

You can hate Superman all you want, but Henry is gonna wear that suit again and again.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #374
Project862006
Banned User

yeah sorry tobias opinions are opinions and all but you are just flat out wrong majority here loved henry and majority here are men and we don't like cavill because he is so dreamy

we liked him because he gave a great performance he had charisma,screen presence,he was humble and sincere aswell as a tough bad ass he brought kal el to life

Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #375
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yeah sorry tobias opinions are opinions and all but you are just flat out wrong majority here loved henry and majority here are men and we don't like cavill because he is so dreamy

we liked him because he gave a great performance he had charisma,screen presence,he was humble and sincere aswell as a tough bad ass he brought kal el to life