The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #726
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Oh good gracious that's a visual I didn't need. Superman in SII has a tendency to beat up on non powered people.

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #727
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,930
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

And yet apparently its Cavill's Superman who didn't care about normal people.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #728
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The fact that the director edited the film where the given impression was that Superman and Lois killed Zod and his cohorts without any remorse, and that Superman just nonchalantly wiped away Lois's memories without her mission show on how irresponsible and ignorant he was.
In the Donner and Lester films, Superman was basically written as a deus ex machina-type character. Someone dead? Insert new inexplicable power. ::Spins world backwards:: All better. Lois still knows I'm Superman, and I just don't want to deal with that. Insert new inexplicable power. Memory loss inducing kiss? Really? Okay. Going with it. All better.

Instead of sticking to Superman's core powers (like Goyer did in MOS), they gave him a new ability (e.g., teleportation, time travel, concussive force beams, etc.) whenever they felt the script called for it. I still don't even know what the hell this was supposed to be.




__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help."


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 09-18-2013 at 02:49 PM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #729
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,165
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
In the Donner and Lester films, Superman was basically written as a deus ex machina-type character. Someone dead? Insert new inexplicable power. ::Spins world backwards:: All better. Lois still knows I'm Superman, and I just don't want to deal with that. Insert new inexplicable power. Memory loss inducing kiss? Really? Okay. Going with it. All better.

Instead of sticking to Superman's core powers (like Goyer did in MOS), they gave him a new ability (e.g., teleportation, time travel, concussive force beams, etc.) whenever they felt the script called for it. I still don't even know what the hell this was supposed to be.



As ridiculous as that giant \S/ was I missed it when I watched the Donner cut and the theatrical cut of Superman 2 is still my preferred cut.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #730
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,319
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
anyone ever been to a fast food restaurant? on melmac, they were the worst. you'd asked for a cat, that was extra crispy, and they'd bring a bowl of arthritis.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #731
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,168
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
When someone falls a long distance, there isn't a lot left to find of them. That's because the force of the impact causes the body to basically explode at impact; bones shatter, skin splits apart, organs are ripped to shreds. Basically what you find where someone lands is a smear of oils, blood, and other bodily fluids, along with chunks of meat and broken pieces of bone. Granted, there may still be portions of the body intact, depending on how the body lands. Sometimes a hand or leg will go flying off and still be recognizable as a body part.

...I figure the visual imagery will be good for people who still think being shoved in a giant hole is a nicer death than the fast release of a neck snap.
Basically, Superman probably killed Zod in Superman II, but they didn't show it, they covered it up so that people who don't want to believe that Superman kills can believe that he didn't kill.

It sounds lame but that's how it is.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #732
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
When someone falls a long distance, there isn't a lot left to find of them. That's because the force of the impact causes the body to basically explode at impact; bones shatter, skin splits apart, organs are ripped to shreds. Basically what you find where someone lands is a smear of oils, blood, and other bodily fluids, along with chunks of meat and broken pieces of bone. Granted, there may still be portions of the body intact, depending on how the body lands. Sometimes a hand or leg will go flying off and still be recognizable as a body part.

...I figure the visual imagery will be good for people who still think being shoved in a giant hole is a nicer death than the fast release of a neck snap.
Fast release? Hardly. Try agonizingly FRIDAY THE 13TH-esque. It's something I half expect to see Jason Voorhees do. Yuck. It was disgusting. I felt violated after.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #733
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Basically, Superman probably killed Zod in Superman II, but they didn't show it, they covered it up so that people who don't want to believe that Superman kills can believe that he didn't kill.

It sounds lame but that's how it is.
Basically. It was purposely done it seemed. Either way it doesn't concern me. It does feel lazy though.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #734
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The fact that the director edited the film where the given impression was that Superman and Lois killed Zod and his cohorts without any remorse, and that Superman just nonchalantly wiped away Lois's memories without her mission show on how irresponsible and ignorant he was.
Uh huh? This isn't relevent to what I was saying.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #735
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,554
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Fast release? Hardly. Try agonizingly FRIDAY THE 13TH-esque. It's something I half expect to see Jason Voorhees do. Yuck. It was disgusting. I felt violated after.

KillerMcQueen is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #736
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Well, I do. It still kinda makes me sick to my stomach a little.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #737
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 920
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Basically, Superman probably killed Zod in Superman II, but they didn't show it, they covered it up so that people who don't want to believe that Superman kills can believe that he didn't kill.

It sounds lame but that's how it is.
Well, let's play the scenario through. Let's say that there's a remote chance that Zod landed in one piece, and somehow survived the fall.

Where's he gonna get food and water? It's the rules of three; three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.

Two of those three are going to kill him.

So we have a Superman who abandoned him to an agonizing, painfully slow death of dehydration and starvation.

Superdickery at its finest.

__________________
That moment when you put the oldies station on and hear a song that was new when you were ten. Obviously, the DJ is not well-informed on what an 'oldie' actually is.
Tempest is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #738
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 920
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Well, I do. It still kinda makes me sick to my stomach a little.
The movie? Or my post? Or both?

__________________
That moment when you put the oldies station on and hear a song that was new when you were ten. Obviously, the DJ is not well-informed on what an 'oldie' actually is.
Tempest is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #739
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Well, let's play the scenario through. Let's say that there's a remote chance that Zod landed in one piece, and somehow survived the fall.

Where's he gonna get food and water? It's the rules of three; three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.

Two of those three are going to kill him.

So we have a Superman who abandoned him to an agonizing, painfully slow death of dehydration and starvation.

Superdickery at its finest.
I don't see any comparisson with that horror movie.. In MOS superman had no choice and saved the family and stop a super guy to destroy and kill a lot of people... It doesn't make any sense saying that Superman did this just for fun.. I appreciated that Snyder had the balls to put Superman in a position that any other superhero hasn't gone throught... I'm with Tempest that seeing superman in the II that smiling at throwing 3 without powers kryptonians to an abyss... This Superman had a reaction after the choice he made even if it was to save innocent people.. Can people understand that ?

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #740
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I don't see any comparisson with that horror movie.. In MOS superman had no choice and saved the family and stop a super guy to destroy and kill a lot of people... It doesn't make any sense saying that Superman did this just for fun.. I appreciated that Snyder had the balls to put Superman in a position that any other superhero hasn't gone throught... I'm with Tempest that seeing superman in the II that smiling at throwing 3 without powers kryptonians to an abyss... This Superman had a reaction after the choice he made even if it was to save innocent people.. Can people understand that ?
What are you talking about? Superheroes kill all the time. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Green Arrow, and Batman have all killed. That doesn't matter to me and it's not the point. How it was done and the the lack of attention to it when it's been made an issue out of is, and that's what matters to me. And who said anything about fun? Not only is that an incorrect assumption about my post, it's also an incorrect comparison in regards to Jason. Jason does not have fun. He's basically a shark, he goes for whatever comes into his path. The comparison was clearly to the act itself.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #741
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Well, let's play the scenario through. Let's say that there's a remote chance that Zod landed in one piece, and somehow survived the fall.

Where's he gonna get food and water? It's the rules of three; three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.

Two of those three are going to kill him.

So we have a Superman who abandoned him to an agonizing, painfully slow death of dehydration and starvation.

Superdickery at its finest.
Uh huh. Your point?

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #742
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,997
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Yeah and yet people have no problem with the fact that good Old Captain America was shown in his Marvel films having thrown a knife at the back of a person's neck and throwing another person to their deaths from the Hellcarrier but no one ever took those moments seriously.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #743
Tempest
Life is a cookie
 
Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 920
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Uh huh. Your point?
That Zod's death in Superman II was worse than Zod's death in MOS.

Back on topic, the romantic side of me wants a moment like this:


__________________
That moment when you put the oldies station on and hear a song that was new when you were ten. Obviously, the DJ is not well-informed on what an 'oldie' actually is.
Tempest is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #744
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,324
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

I'd like to see her with dark hair in a Superman movie some day!


__________________
JcDc-- My original join date was: 05-07-2003 --Time flies, and so should Superman!
\S/JcDc\S/ is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #745
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah and yet people have no problem with the fact that good Old Captain America was shown in his Marvel films having thrown a knife at the back of a person's neck and throwing another person to their deaths from the Hellcarrier but no one ever took those moments seriously.
Why should they? The movie doesn't. And as long as the movie remains consistent to that, that's all that matters.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #746
Dagenspear
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 480
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
That Zod's death in Superman II was worse than Zod's death in MOS.

Back on topic, the romantic side of me wants a moment like this:

No, it wasn't. Because the movie didn't FORCE that experience on us and then brush it off.

Dagenspear is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #747
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I don't see any comparisson with that horror movie.. In MOS superman had no choice and saved the family and stop a super guy to destroy and kill a lot of people... It doesn't make any sense saying that Superman did this just for fun.. I appreciated that Snyder had the balls to put Superman in a position that any other superhero hasn't gone throught... I'm with Tempest that seeing superman in the II that smiling at throwing 3 without powers kryptonians to an abyss... This Superman had a reaction after the choice he made even if it was to save innocent people.. Can people understand that ?

__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help."


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #748
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,350
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
That Zod's death in Superman II was worse than Zod's death in MOS.
Absolutely.

__________________
"The first truth of Batman...
It had to be one I don't like to admit.
The gunshots left me alone.
For years I was alone in the echoing dark of that well.
But something else defined the exact moment Batman was born.
The first truth of Batman...
The saving grace.
I was never alone.
I had help."


- The Return of Bruce Wayne #6
by Grant Morrison, Lee Garbett, and Pere Perez
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #749
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,168
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Well, let's play the scenario through. Let's say that there's a remote chance that Zod landed in one piece, and somehow survived the fall.

Where's he gonna get food and water? It's the rules of three; three weeks without food, three days without water, three minutes without air.

Two of those three are going to kill him.

So we have a Superman who abandoned him to an agonizing, painfully slow death of dehydration and starvation.

Superdickery at its finest.
Yes, but the movie doesn't force people to see it. If you want to believe Superman doesn't kill, you can ignore the scene and try to justify yourself with mental gymnastics, but mostly just ignore the scene. It's totally different.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #750
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,168
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I'd like to see her with dark hair in a Superman movie some day!

I think she's plenty hot with red hair.

DA_Champion is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.