The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #851
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Amy reading as Rachel Dawes during Bale's Batman audition:

http://touch.dailymotion.com/#/video...uit_shortfilms

There was an interview with her before (during the junket for The Fighter) where she said she cried at Bale's audition.
Wow, Amy sure has worked with Bale a lot and now she has truly interacted with both Superman and Batman.lol

Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #852
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

that makes me sad.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #853
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne might have even less screentime in the second one than they did in the first. Pepper Potts also showed up in the avengers.

I'd like it to be an MoS sequel, that's why I started the thread arguing for no additional villains. However, I'm expecting either Mr. Freeze or Lex Luthor or Metallo or whoever to show up, in which case, it's no more a MoS sequel than Avengers is an incredible hulk sequel.
Don't be so sure about LAne and fishburne thing... the difference is that TIH doesn't have none of the cast not even Norton that's a terrible comparisson from your argument imo...Potts was not announced till the end and Superman's cast was announced... that's why this is a MOS sequel man, directly or indirectly but that's for sure... I´m beting for Brainiac or Darkseid in the shadows and leaving for the justice league maybe controling metallo or Darkseid "making a deal" with Lex luthor and a Batman villain like Deathstroke or Black Mask, maybe Hugo Strange...

Last edited by John-An; 09-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #854
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
that makes me sad.

why??

Isn't it awesome?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #855
Migu-EL
Side-Kick

Quote:
Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne might have even less screentime in the second one than they did in the first. Pepper Potts also showed up in the avengers.

I'd like it to be an MoS sequel, that's why I started the thread arguing for no additional villains. However, I'm expecting either Mr. Freeze or Lex Luthor or Metallo or whoever to show up, in which case, it's no more a MoS sequel than Avengers is an incredible hulk sequel.
Except for the same screenwriter and director for MOS are returning for this team up where as nobody from the Incredible Hulk returned, including the actor who portrayed the main character.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #856
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Anyhow, World's Finest and Justice League are as much a sequel to MoS as Avengers is a sequel to the incredible hulk, and I listed the incredible hulk as not getting a sequel. Fact is, Batman will get 50% or more of the screen time. Ben Affleck will get first billing, and Henry Cavill will get second billing. Lois Lane will be the third character at best, possibly the 4th character behind Lex Luthor... that's not a Superman movie.
BVS will not be a traditional follow-up for some of the reasons you mention, but, the fact that almost the entire cast of MOS is returning as well as the likelihood that a fallout from Superman's battle against the Kryptonians (in the first film) will be touched upon makes it a sequel nevertheless.

Avengers, on the other hand, doesn't feature a single original cast member from The Incredible Hulk (including the actor who portrayed the film's protagonist). With updated/revised details surrounding Banner's back-story, such as his apparent suicide attempt, Whedon's Hulk could very well be perceived as an entirely different take on the character.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #857
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
BVS will not be a traditional follow-up for some of the reasons you mention, but, the fact that almost the entire cast of MOS is returning as well as the likelihood that a fallout from Superman's battle against the Kryptonians (in the first film) will be touched upon makes it a sequel nevertheless.

Avengers, on the other hand, doesn't feature a single original cast member from The Incredible Hulk (including the actor who portrayed the film's protagonist). With updated/revised details surrounding Banner's back-story, such as his apparent suicide attempt, Whedon's Hulk could very well be perceived as an entirely different take on the character.
That's three of you taking the incredible hulk analogy too seriously. I could have written the same post about captain america, thor, or iron man, all of which feature returning cast members and some storyline follow-ups. I didn't use those because those movies got separate sequels in their own right.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #858
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Wow, Amy sure has worked with Bale a lot and now she has truly interacted with both Superman and Batman.lol
Yeah. I have a feeling though we wouldn't have seen her and Bale together in The Fighter and American Hustle (and of course she wouldn't be Lois) if she played Dawes so it kind all worked out for the best. Well, minus the Katie playing Rachel part.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #859
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Honestly though, I liked Katie a lot more than Maggie.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #860
Andreth
Side-Kick

But she wasn't really auditioning for the Rachel role, she was just helping the casting director of Batman Begins, reading with the actors. She didn't intend to audition for Rachel Dawes.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #861
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Honestly though, I liked Katie a lot more than Maggie.
I actually do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
But she wasn't really auditioning for the Rachel role, she was just helping the casting director of Batman Begins, reading with the actors. She didn't intend to audition for Rachel Dawes.
Yeah and I don't think she was even being considered anyway. The role was already Katie's for the taking. Plus, at that time, Katie is a much bigger star than Amy.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #862
Andreth
Side-Kick

Yeah, even the casting director at the beginning of that video says Amy was only doing him a favor.

I just watched the audition video by the way, woah! It feels so surreal to see (hear is a better word lol) "Lois" with Christian Bale in Val Kilmer's Batman suit.

TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 09-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #863
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Hey, if Amy was married to Tom Cruise, then she would've landed the Rachel role.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #864
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
why??

Isn't it awesome?
the nostalgia is already kicking just a year later.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #865
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Hey, if Amy was married to Tom Cruise, then she would've landed the Rachel role.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #866
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
Lana was portrayed as the doomed romance that Clark was foolishly clinging to long after he should have moved on. Lois was heavily hinted at as "the one" since almost the moment she showed up.
So what! Why do people say things like this and completely ignore that Clark wanted Lana. No matter how much fans say the romance was doomed, they were never meant to be, they were bad for each other etc. Clark still wanted to be with her over and over and over again.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #867
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
That's three of you taking the incredible hulk analogy too seriously. I could have written the same post about captain america, thor, or iron man, all of which feature returning cast members and some storyline follow-ups. I didn't use those because those movies got separate sequels in their own right.
In my opinion, though, Avengers can be viewed as a stand alone movie; one need not watch Thor, Captain America, or Iron Man to understand what all is happening in said film. BVS, however, will likely be a lot more dependent on the events which take place in MOS, specifically Zod's death, the destruction of Metropolis, and the imprisonment of the remaining rogue Kryptonians. I'm sure these moments in particular will have a profound effect on the continuation of Superman's story; and that's what may set BVS apart from other team-up films.

Of course, at this point, none of us are privy to even so much as a brief synopsis of the yet-to-be-named 2015 follow-up; so it's hard to concretely say what kind of movie we'll be getting in roughly two years time.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #868
Andreth
Side-Kick

Has the name been officialy confirmed?
I see many people calling it BvS

TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #869
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Has the name been officialy confirmed?
I see many people calling it BvS
Nope. WB is slacking, and we have to call it something in the interim.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #870
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
So what! Why do people say things like this and completely ignore that Clark wanted Lana. No matter how much fans say the romance was doomed, they were never meant to be, they were bad for each other etc. Clark still wanted to be with her over and over and over again.
You're totally right. I had previously made all the mistakes you mentioned, but at the end of the day, Clark wanted Lana. He was going to kiss Lois and then Lana showed up at the wedding party, and he spent 4 episodes in a reignited relationship until they turned Lana into Metallo.

There are two things going on, due to Smallville's writers being inept. The first is that Lana was bad for Clark, the second is that Clark wanted Lana. If Clark had been a better written character, with the emotional acuity of an mature, adult male and a 12 year old boy, he would have connected the dots and moved on on his own. However, Clark Kent was basically a loser in Smallville. In the final season, he was still whining on a regular basis, he was always wearing cheap jeans a $5 tshirt from target, and he had gained a lot of weight. He simply didn't deserve Erica Durance's Lois Lane, a beautiful, professional lady with a lot of class.

The contrast to Dean Cain's portrayal or even Henry Cavill's portrayal is off the scale. Those portrayals are of men that I can imagine many women would want to be with. Tom Welling's CK showed only one emotion: whining. Cavil''s CK is a more layered character, he has a lot of know-how and life experience from having travelled the world, he has a good relationship with his mother, some warmth, a sense of humour, he cares about people... oh yeah and he dresses with dignity and he isn't overweight like Welling was in later seasons. He's not embarrassed to put on a supersuit.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-21-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #871
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
So? Of course he did. She was his first love and he was fixated on her. People's first loves are rarely their best relationships.

DA Champion, Welling was playing a teenager/young adult (and on a soap opera of all things). Angst and foolishness define that period of a person's life. Cain and Cavill were playing grown men.

Last edited by Xandrea; 09-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #872
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
In my opinion, though, Avengers can be viewed as a stand alone movie; one need not watch Thor, Captain America, or Iron Man to understand what all is happening in said film. BVS, however, will likely be a lot more dependent on the events which take place in MOS, specifically Zod's death, the destruction of Metropolis, and the imprisonment of the remaining rogue Kryptonians. I'm sure these moments in particular will have a profound effect on the continuation of Superman's story; and that's what may set BVS apart from other team-up films.

Of course, at this point, none of us are privy to even so much as a brief synopsis of the yet-to-be-named 2015 follow-up; so it's hard to concretely say what kind of movie we'll be getting in roughly two years time.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #873
Loki882
Side-Kick

Clark's feelings towards Lana never felt like true "love" to me. They were more like "obsession." Also, Lana being such an annoying character didn't help, Lois was much more likeable and interesting.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #874
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Plus, why settle for Rachel when you could still be Lois?lol

Given that Amy was trying to land the role of Lois for nearly a decade, I'm willing to bet that Lois was probably the only DC Female Lead role that she was interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Clark's feelings towards Lana never felt like true "love" to me. They were more like "obsession." Also, Lana being such an annoying character didn't help, Lois was much more likeable and interesting.

Agreed; I think if anything, Lana represented a life of normalcy for Clark; he didn't want to be "himself" when he was with her. He just wanted to be normal and hence he saw Lana as his biggest means of doing so, sort of like how Bruce thought that by being with Rachel, he'd still have a chance for a normal life.

I think one of the many reasons why Lois was more well liked and loved was that she encouraged Clark to just be himself, to be the best that he could and wanted to be.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #875
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
So? Of course he did. She was his first love and he was fixated on her. People's first loves are rarely their best relationships.

DA Champion, Welling was playing a teenager/young adult (and on a soap opera of all things). Angst and foolishness define that period of a person's life. Cain and Cavill were playing grown men.
Smallville's Clark was actually more likeable in early seasons. And not all teenagers are defined solely by their angst, some of them also show ambition and drive, for example. The CK of later seasons in SV was basically a loser, and he wasn't a teenager.

Can and Cavill played grown men, indeed.

Closed Thread