The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #151
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianarsantos View Post
I think they should show that Lois and Clark are in a serious relationship... before Wonder Woman . Love her, but not with Superman.
Ah Wonder Woman and Batman; potentially the two biggest threats when it comes to disrupting the relationship established between Lois and Clark in MOS.lol

Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #152
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Superman and Lois didn't have enough scenes together. The kiss was somewhat forced. They need some more screen time together before taking their relationship to another level.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #153
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Now that I think about it, how many times have audiences seen a comic book pairing in bed together?lol

1. We saw Bruce and Talia sleep with each other.

2. I'm not sure what to really count the bed scene between Tony and Pepper in Iron Man 3, since while it's common sense that the two are already physically intimate with each other, the scene itself doesn't imply that they just had a night of passion with each other.

3. Wolverine and Mariko I suppose since they are a canon pairing.

4. Elektra and Daredevil.

Aside from those couples, I can't really think of another comic book canon couple that have been shown in any type of "love scene" with each other.
What about Lois and Clark in Superman 2?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #154
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Superman and Lois didn't have enough scenes together. The kiss was somewhat forced. They need some more screen time together before taking their relationship to another level.
Well, for sure they should not open MOS2 with Lois and Clark in bed together. I really don't want to get them in bed in MOS 2, but I do want them to marry in Justice League.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #155
Loki882
Side-Kick

The kiss wasn't forced, it was a "we just survived the apocalypse, so let's do something impulsive without thinking" kiss, perfectly appropriate given the situation.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #156
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

People on Hype keeping saying it so I'll toss in my two cents. I disagree that the kissed was forced. I had no problem with it what-so-ever. It's the cool thing to say to dog a movie you didn't like and prop up vapid childish crap like Pacific Rim and it's lousy characters and character interaction.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #157
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I know a 12 year old boy who said Amy looked like she was 19 in MOS.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #158
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The kiss wasn't forced, it was a "we just survived the apocalypse, so let's do something impulsive without thinking" kiss, perfectly appropriate given the situation.
Yeah. Clark's venting his emotions through his lips, he's been through the ringer, and would YOU pass up a chance to kiss him? (Assuming your a female. Or not

Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #159
Andreth
Side-Kick

In the novelization she's afraid he's gonna disappear like the rest of kryptonians, she saw his face glowing while he was carrying her away from the beam, that's why she's touching his face and looking at him with angsty puppy dog eyes when they land. And then the kiss happens

Quote:
"...Superman flew away from the vortex, pulling against the relentless forces that were trying to suck him back into the Phantom Zone with the other Kryptonians. Spectral colors glowed beneath his skin. His face rippled and distorted alarmingly; Lois could tell he was fighting with all his might to get them both clear of the singularity’s event horizon, before he was lost forever.

She buried her face against the “S" on his chest, squeezing him tightly.

‘Don’t give up,’ she urged him silently. ‘The world needs you.’

He strained against the pull of the black hole, barely making any headway. Lois feared the Zone would never let them go, but then, just as she was on the verge of losing hope, the vortex began to collapse in on itself.

"Lois—" Superman said, and his voice was hoarse.

She looked up at him. To her dismay, she saw that his face was still suffused with an unearthly radiance, as though the Zone maintained a hold on him. Spectral colors leaked from his skin, the last lingering vestiges of the exotic energies he had been exposed to as a child, during his long journey from Krypton. His alien past bled into the present, threatening the future.
For a moment, she feared that she was going to lose him to the Zone after all, but he came through for her once again. With a determined expression, he kept himself rooted to the Earth—and reality.
A warm smile promised that he wasn’t going anywhere.
They kissed amidst the ruins, seizing the moment after all they had been through together. The phantom glow subsided, and a much more earthly warmth enveloped them. Lois savored the kiss, grateful that they had finally made it this far.

by yoroi

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 08-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #160
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Reading that bit from the novel, the kiss seems better. I still feel like it's forced in the movie. I feel like they should have extended the scene of Lois and Clark inside the ship when they first meet. As well as them together in the cornfield. Then I think their first kiss would have mattered more to me. It didn't matter to me at all.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #161
Loki882
Side-Kick

If you were a woman who just went through all that hell, would you pass up the chance to kiss Henry Cavill. And if you were a man, who you pass up a chance to kiss Amy Adams.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #162
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you were a woman who just went through all that hell, would you pass up the chance to kiss Henry Cavill. And if you were a man, who you pass up a chance to kiss Amy Adams.
No, but I liked L&C, and in there the first time they kiss it turns out Lois is just using it as a cover for a crazy escape plan.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #163
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Maybe.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #164
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I get the 'heat of the moment' argument. But it does still come across a bit ill-considered though. I kind of agree with Max Landis how it's very 'rockstar-ish' and not very 'heroic' for him to be kissing the girl in the middle of what just became an apocalyptic wasteland.

It would have been better to have seen him look around and scream in anguish then, and then race around getting to as many places as he can to help people that are stuck in the rubble.

What am I saying though. I wouldn't like to see that in a Superman film at all, but that's the hole the writers dug (literally).

Old 08-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #165
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Before I saw the movie, upon reading the reviews, I assumed it was a "heat of the moment" thing. It didn't play out like that in the movie. Thus, it felt forced to me. And it didn't help that it was followed by a terrible line.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #166
Loki882
Side-Kick

The line was funny, it was also funny when Sandra Bullock said something similar in Speed. He just saved her from falling to her death after being attacked by Faora. He nearly died fighting the WE, seemed pretty heat of the moment to me. People don't always think clearly when their adrenaline is running and they just went through something horrible, so the place where they kissed was irrelevant. Zod showed up like a minute later anyway.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #167
John Lambert
Side-Kick

So how many Superman/Clark and Lois kissing scenes will we get in the sequel?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #168
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I'm thinking 2 scenes.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #169
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
So how many Superman/Clark and Lois kissing scenes will we get in the sequel?
None Snyder will most likely kill her off early

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #170
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post

Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #171
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
How dare you

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #172
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
The line was funny, it was also funny when Sandra Bullock said something similar in Speed.
Many of Goyer's lines aren't inherently unfunny, but they're almost always misplaced.

Sandra's line in Speed was funny and perfectly placed.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #173
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I thought the funniest line in MoS is when Superman said " You are a monster Zod and im gonna stop you" again Goyer thinks he writes a comic book. Similar to "No i came back to stop you" line from TDKR it could work in comic book panel but on film. Its not terrible but it sounds off. Just a nitpick.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #174
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
I thought the funniest line in MoS is when Superman said " You are a monster Zod and im gonna stop you" again Goyer thinks he writes a comic book. Similar to "No i came back to stop you" line from TDKR it could work in comic book panel but on film. Its not terrible but it sounds off. Just a nitpick.
Well to be fair, I don't think Goyer was responsible for the dialogue in "TDKR" since he's only listed in having helped in crafting the story, whereas the two Nolans were responsible for the dialogue and details.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #175
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well to be fair, I don't think Goyer was responsible for the dialogue in "TDKR" since he's only listed in having helped in crafting the story, whereas the two Nolans were responsible for the dialogue and details.
herolee you can't say such blasphemy here! Chris and Jonah along with Jesus, The Buddha and Mohamed are the only sinless humans in the history of creation! You risk being burned at the stake with that kind of talk!

Closed Thread