The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Superman Suit Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The Superman Suit Thread - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 AM   #3
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Default Re: The Superman Suit Thread - Part 2

Yeah a lot of people actually made a big deal of it. It didn't bother me in the slightest. Actually it was kinda nice to have some of his "manly" features sticking out that isn't a 6 inch codpiece like Chris O'Donnell had. Lol

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Superman Suit Thread - Part 3

I really love on how they altered his belt this time around. Seriously, I wasn't a big fan of the "thin" Yellow Lines that they had around his waist on his MOS costume since you could barely see them at times, and thus the suit would look like it had no clear break off point in the mid section.

I also like on how they toned down the gauntlets for his outfit this time and how it appears more seamless.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
matt47
Side-Kick

I agree about the gold belt...strap? Yeah I'll call it a strap.
I wish it came closer to the buckle though, not all the way to it but just a little bit more. I also love the piping on the side of his legs now, look a lot cooler, actually, it kind of reminds me of the lines on some track pants haha

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #6
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, the only things that are preventing the new suit from being PERFECT for me, is that they abandoned the oval buckle on his waist in favor for the weirdly looking square/rectangle-like buckle instead.

And I would have preferred the yellow on his S emblem to be more prominent instead of being whitish/gold-like.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
matt47
Side-Kick

At first I didn't like the square either. Mostly because of the "No line" rule that Zack said a lot in the behind the scnes/interviews for MoS. But now it's grown on me.

I don't think I'll ever get over the size of the shield. It was literally perfect in MoS and I see no reason to make it smaller...

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #8
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

They overdid it with the muscle shading this time around. The smaller shield doesn't bother me as much now though.

My LEGO Gallery

Last edited by Steyin; 11-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Steyin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Rowsdower!
Solo Artist

I wouldn't even have noticed that the shield was smaller if someone hadn't pointed it out, tbh.

FACT: DEAN CAIN MAKES EVERYTHING SUCK.
Rowsdower! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, the only things that are preventing the new suit from being PERFECT for me, is that they abandoned the oval buckle on his waist in favor for the weirdly looking square/rectangle-like buckle instead.
Yes, that's my only real quibble. I love the new costume and view most of the changes favorably.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Rowsdower!
Solo Artist

The buckle thing was jarring at first, but now I don't even notice it with the more pics we get.

Honestly though, I just wish they gave him a full belt instead of a buckle and two sides that don't connect to it. Not sure why they won't do that.

FACT: DEAN CAIN MAKES EVERYTHING SUCK.
Rowsdower! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #12
hulk24
Side-Kick

I hate how rubbery the suit looks this time around. I like the subtle look it had in mos. Now it's a full on rubber muscle suit. I like the belt but not the belt buckle and everything else I like.

hulk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
ozne99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
I hate how rubbery the suit looks this time around. I like the subtle look it had in mos. Now it's a full on rubber muscle suit. I like the belt but not the belt buckle and everything else I like.
The muscles highlights bother me. They look like someone took the suit to a flea market to get it airbrushed. I never noticed how much they stood out.

ozne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #14
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

I don't think it's much different at all from MOS in terms of material. I don't get "rubber" when I look at the new suit. Sure, it seems to have more shine and the definition as been increased, but it's not "sculpted", if you will, like rubber suits seen in the original Batman trilogy and BB.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #15
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
The buckle thing was jarring at first, but now I don't even notice it with the more pics we get.

Honestly though, I just wish they gave him a full belt instead of a buckle and two sides that don't connect to it. Not sure why they won't do that.
Probably because it'd be a useless accessory. It wouldn't contain anything or hold his pants up. As it is, it looks pretty alien, which is what they were going for.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #16
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Gee, I think l'll probably wait until I actually see the suit in the movie before I criticize it.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #17
Spamtron
THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post

Gotta agree with Boy Scout, there's no use to a full belt... and frankly a full belt wouldn't break up the suit in the right way. In building a Supes suit of my own I played around with a full returns belt over the full blue suit with no trunks, and it does not change things in the positive direction. The yellow full belt unbroken cuts through the mid section of the suit, and instead of the slimming affect the current broken up belt gives, the full belt acts like horizontal lines and illusions more width at the waist. So Wilkinson went the right direction with what he did.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #18
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
For a set photo, this is pretty epic to me! WE NEED ONE OF BATFLECK!! Hmm...we know Bruce is in BvS, but how have we not seen ANY Batfleck set shots...

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Look no further than the atrocious New 52 suit to see how well a "floating" belt works with no pants to hold up or utilities to carry.

EDIT: MOS/BVS, IMO, achieves the belt look well without actually having one. The above image is a great depiction of that.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #20
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
I don't think I'll ever get over the size of the shield. It was literally perfect in MoS and I see no reason to make it smaller...
This irks me as well, it seems like change for the sake of change, nothing else.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #21
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:

You know, it may be blasphemous of me, but after months of looking at these costumes I believe that I'm actually preferring Superman's suit to the batsuit. There, I said it, damn it!

But it is very regal and beautiful. Batsuit, though certainly badass, isn't supposed to be beautiful (though I am inclined to call those leather bat-gloves with metal fins that way, I am a sucker for leather...). I like the fact that batsuit looks gritty, but can't help and admire aesthetic of this suit a bit more.

And unlike some, I absolutely love those lines on his legs and hips.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Gee, I think l'll probably wait until I actually see the suit in the movie before I criticize it.
THIS ^ let's at least wait til we get a teaser. It could look totally different in the movie. Maybe Synder will filter the crap out of it again and that will counter any rubberiness..?! Looks pretty awesome to me. Although I agree about the buckle looking a little odd. But that is serious nitpicking.

Also, in this picture, do you think he's doing that thing he did in MoS just after the colonel said "This man is not our enemy" - where he kinda inhaled and then just shot up like a rocket? I hope so, I LOVED that!

-Kal-Elle- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #23
Mad Love
ʕᴥʔっ♥ fandom crazy

I agree with all of the tweaks except for the rectangle belt. They should have just made the oval a little larger.

I don't know why people are complaining about the shield when it still looks big and clearly visible.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #24
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I dig it man. While the MOS suit was near perfection, this is just as badass and equally gorgeous. I think the changes will translate really well to the screen.

Romans 8:38-39
WoodyROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #25
SuperWig
Side-Kick

The suit in my opinion is a 10. Flat out 10