The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
BatmanVSuperman
Side-Kick

Th Confused Not a word about Martian Manhunter... is it off the table as a possibility?

I was hoping for a cameo of MM. To me he is equal to GL and Flash, and above Cyborg in importance for the JL. I'm hoping this is still a possibility!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Not a word about Martian Manhunter... is it off the table as a possibility?

Yeah with the inclusion of Cyborg, it looks like MM is out.

It's going to be the New 52 lineup .

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: Not a word about Martian Manhunter... is it off the table as a possibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
I was hoping for a cameo of MM. To me he is equal to GL and Flash, and above Cyborg in importance for the JL. I'm hoping this is still a possibility!
Agreed.I'm thinking (hoping) he'll be undercover in someway and will reveal himself in the JL movie. (And for the record,no I don't think he was the general in MOS)

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
shauner111
Side-Kick

He wont be a member that's for sure. Cyborg is confirmed so he's either not in this universe at all or he has a very minor role.

I dont think he's as important as Flash or GL, to the Justice League.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Marvin
Side-Kick

I grew up with MM on my league but I'm not surprised more and more writers are pushing him to the sideline when it comes to main stream jla books. It's been long discussed that the character is somewhat redundant and over powered. I loved the way kelly used him but when it comes to these movies, they really should try and put the 'best' option forward and the martian has always been a mixed bag in this regard(again overpowered). Unless they depower him and give us that JLU creature...

Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
Rorschach2012
$

I still like the idea of Swanwick being MM

Old 08-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
He wont be a member that's for sure. Cyborg is confirmed so he's either not in this universe at all or he has a very minor role.

I agree to an extent.

Some times you include a character out of respect.He's like what Pym is to the Avengers.He's a founding member that deserves a spot,but if you must do without him,it'll hardly ruin the film in any way.

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

Agreed. Flash and GL are important pillars that are basically always in the league. While I like MM he is not a central pillar so to speak. There have been many Justice Leagues without MM. MM actually kind of reminds me of Green Arrow. DC ripping off one of their own popular characters. But now I'm just rambling.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:TAS View Post
Agreed. Flash and GL are important pillars that are basically always in the league. While I like MM he is not a central pillar so to speak. There have been many Justice Leagues without MM. MM actually kind of reminds me of Green Arrow. DC ripping off one of their own popular characters. But now I'm just rambling.
The New 52 is the only lineup i can think of without MM

Old 08-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #10
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Unfortunately, there probably won't be Martian Manhunter, which is really a shame.

After watching MOS I thought that inclusion of alien characters such is Martian and Green Lanterns could be done easily if there was ever to be Justice League movie set in that universe. And I find a last surviving member of his species with telepathy and ability to shapeshift much more interesting than another generic half-man half-machine like every other movie cyborg we've been seeing since the 80's

But it seems that Goyer doesn't have fondness for the character, so there it goes... I really hope that inclusion of Terrio will finally get Goyer removed from these movies. For multiple reasons, with better writing being the first and most important one.

KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I still like the idea of Swanwick being MM
Yeah, I agree actually. It would be great to see that he has been closely involved with events over the years. And Harry Lennix's voice is perfect for the character - he's a pretty good actor too IMO.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Yeah, I agree actually. It would be great to see that he has been closely involved with events over the years. And Harry Lennix's voice is perfect for the character - he's a pretty good actor too IMO.
Goyer said that it was stupid how J'onn J'onzz only chose to be a detective , he said he should be reading the president's mind to see if he's telling the truth, Swanwick could do just that...

Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
Magic Man
Side-Kick

they're going all nu52. I know MM has many fans, but if I have to pick, I'm supportive of Cyborg, who adds diversity to the group, not just racial diversity, but different power sets.

maybe MM will show up in future JL films. that'd be cool.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Uroboric Forms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #15
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

There's little chance that MM'll be included with Goyer dissing the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
one of worst batmans ever :word: i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying...
DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Martian Manhunter is my third favorite DC character have Batman and Superman.

I really, really hope he shows up. **** Goyer, Martian Manhunter is awesome.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

I think Goyer's being pushed out now. He may not show up here, but by JL, perhaps he will.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #18
B:TAS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The New 52 is the only lineup i can think of without MM
I guess I over exaggerated a little bit, but, I still don't think he is as important as GL or flash.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #19
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Still one of my favorite exchanges in the entire trilogy.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #20
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDorranceBane View Post
There's little chance that MM'll be included with Goyer dissing the character.
That retarded diatribe about She Hulk and MMH really made Goyer's stock drop hard in my book.

It's like he's somehow racist against green skinned characters. Maybe Kermit the frog took his lunch money as a kid or something.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #21
PaulRom
Side-Kick

Yeah, it looks like they're doing the New 52 lineup for the first Justice League movie. I hope Manhunter is a member in the second film though. Great character.

In the meantime, how about having him appear in a film in between Jl1 and JL2? For example, perhaps he could be a supporting character in Man of Steel 2. He ends up working with Supetman, who later offers him a spot in the League, and bam.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #22
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

If the JL franchise succeeds (and that's a big IF) then it would be a crime for Marty to be omitted in 3 or more JL movies. Surely they could find a place for such a noteworthy character.

Also, while I was only a moderate fan of the JL 'toon, I hear Carl Lumbly's voice in my head every time I read a CB with MM or see a MM figure. Even when I try to imagine Marty's voice without Lumbly, I can't do it.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #23
brojinder
Side-Kick

Martian Manhunter is one of my favorites, but I don't see him getting recognition any time soon. He's being sidelined in the comics and with Goyer being part of building the DCCU, I just think we're gonna hafta wait a while for J'onn.

brojinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #24
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
That retarded diatribe about She Hulk and MMH really made Goyer's stock drop hard in my book.

It's like he's somehow racist against green skinned characters. Maybe Kermit the frog took his lunch money as a kid or something.

Aaron Paul For Barry Allen/Flash
/Chadwick Boseman for John Stewart/Green Lantern

Love, LEVITIKUZ

What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3
LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #25
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I very much expect Martian Manhunter to be in Justice League.

That said, I don't expect him to really be a core member until future films. But I do think he'll play an important, if not very lengthy, role in JLA.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote