The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
fake
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Isn't announcing a plan to get to a Justice League movie exactly what everyone has been asking for over the past year?

Justice League would be a risky project with plenty of potential for misfire whether it follows 2 movies or 10 movies. It is basically getting every major superhero and putting them into a team setting. WB have decided to go for a JL movie with a setup of MoS and SvB with cameos to introduce team members - they feel that is the best way for them to get there. Marvel had 4 movies leading to Avengers (I would have said 5, but TIH was basically retconned out completely).

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #4
TheNextNolan22
Petista

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Part 50!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Part 50, we're here guys! You know what that means, we're going to get a suit reveal within the next 41 pages.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 04-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

If you're gonna cast one of "those" actors as Aquaman don't go with Damon, Brad Pitt look be the preferred choice. Definitely has the better look for the role.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Orb
Lord of Demons

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #8
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I really doubt they'd cough up the cash for actors as big as Pitt and Damon to play Aquaman.

\S/T*
Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #9
TheNextNolan22
Petista

Myatt Daymen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #10
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Isn't announcing a plan to get to a Justice League movie exactly what everyone has been asking for over the past year?

Justice League would be a risky project with plenty of potential for misfire whether it follows 2 movies or 10 movies. It is basically getting every major superhero and putting them into a team setting. WB have decided to go for a JL movie with a setup of MoS and SvB with cameos to introduce team members - they feel that is the best way for them to get there. Marvel had 4 movies leading to Avengers (I would have said 5, but TIH was basically retconned out completely).
LOL, it is funny isn't it. Everyone wants a JL movie but so many fans are convinced that the only way to do it is they way THEY think it can work (usually the way Marvel did it, but there are other variations) and since the way WB is going about this isn't THAT way, it must therefore be a horrible idea.

Now, some fans have expressed reserves about the creative team involved, and that's at least a fair criticism. If you had issues with MOS, then I can see why you would be apprehensive about Snyder and Goyer. But look at it this way--any JL movie was always going to build off of MOS. Even if they kicked Snyder and Goyer to the curb, whoever they hired wasn't going to make a sequel that felt like it happened in a different universe. So the best thing to do now, I think, is just try and be positive and hope for the best. I think that Snyder/Goyer/WB recognize that there were things in MOS that rubbed some fans the wrong way and I would expect them to try and improve upon that stuff.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #11
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
If you're gonna cast one of "those" actors as Aquaman don't go with Damon, Brad Pitt look be the preferred choice. Definitely has the better look for the role.
When Hollywood is looking to cast an A-Lister as a character they don't cast the actor because he looks like the character. They just change the character to look like the actor.

HERESY!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #12
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
You know,this is really the first and only thing that comes to mind when I hear his name.
I don't think I've actually ever seen anything that he's been in.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #13
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I think that Snyder/Goyer/WB recognize that there were things in MOS that rubbed some fans the wrong way and I would expect them to try and improve upon that stuff.
From the various things Snyder and Goyer have said in response to the MOS criticisms, I get the feeling they have no intention of trying to appease to the fans' whims. Creatively a good thing, but not so good for the people who are hoping for a shift in direction.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #14
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL, it is funny isn't it. Everyone wants a JL movie but so many fans are convinced that the only way to do it is they way THEY think it can work (usually the way Marvel did it, but there are other variations) and since the way WB is going about this isn't THAT way, it must therefore be a horrible idea.

Now, some fans have expressed reserves about the creative team involved, and that's at least a fair criticism. If you had issues with MOS, then I can see why you would be apprehensive about Snyder and Goyer. But look at it this way--any JL movie was always going to build off of MOS. Even if they kicked Snyder and Goyer to the curb, whoever they hired wasn't going to make a sequel that felt like it happened in a different universe. So the best thing to do now, I think, is just try and be positive and hope for the best. I think that Snyder/Goyer/WB recognize that there were things in MOS that rubbed some fans the wrong way and I would expect them to try and improve upon that stuff.
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. You hit all the points.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #15
BvS117
Side-Kick

I don't know much about the Aquaman character besides from what was shown on the Justice League show that I watched when I was younger. Would Kevin McKidd be a good choice?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #16
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I really doubt they'd cough up the cash for actors as big as Pitt and Damon to play Aquaman.
Yeah I don't see it happening. People just always connect Affleck and Damon because they are best buds and the Brad Pitt thing is just never going to happen. They can get good yet cheap actors.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:46 AM   #17
CountOrlok
Banned User

Pros so far:

*Zack Snyder
*Most of the cast

Cons:

*Still not sold on Affleck
*Hans Zimmer returning
*David Goyer

Old 04-28-2014, 12:47 AM   #18
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yeah I don't see it happening. People just always connect Affleck and Damon because they are best buds and the Brad Pitt thing is just never going to happen. They can get good yet cheap actors.
That would make sense. The only A-lister they got was Affleck for batman. They can't cough up 10-20 million or whatever these big actors cost nowadays for every character. I don't think someone like Pitt would be interested in a supporting role like that anyways. If another A-lister was added, it would be for a "bigger" character.

\S/T*
Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #19
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
EGG-FREAKING-ZACKLY.

It pretty much boils down to having no imagination or vision and no faith in the creative team to pull it off, so they must emulate Marvel's way to the letter in their minds.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #20
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. You hit all the points.
Thanks!

Yeah, I mean, at this point, all we can do is hope for the best, and why not? We've all been waiting for this to happen since forever. Even if there might be an actor or a member of the creative team that you're unsure of, I have a feeling that once we get a full trailer for the next film, a lot more people will be on board.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
EGG-FREAKING-ZACKLY.

It pretty much boils down to having no imagination or vision and no faith in the creative team to pull it off, so they must emulate Marvel's way to the letter in their minds.
Yeah. And yet, if they DID emulate Marvel's model, then those same people would still be taking shots at WB for being copycats. It's a no-win situation with naysayers like that.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #22
Boom
I got nothin'

WB: Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And once again, ensemble films were impossible until The Avengers. They simply did not exist. That is an indisputable fact that fans made up.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #23
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
That would make sense. The only A-lister they got was Affleck for batman. They can't cough up 10-20 million or whatever these big actors cost nowadays for every character. I don't think someone like Pitt would be interested in a supporting role like that anyways. If another A-lister was added, it would be for a "bigger" character.
Yep they might get an A-lister for the JL villain but not for random heroes, nor do they need A-listers for every role.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #24
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
From the various things Snyder and Goyer have said in response to the MOS criticisms, I get the feeling they have no intention of trying to appease to the fans' whims. Creatively a good thing, but not so good for the people who are hoping for a shift in direction.
I enjoyed MOS, but it's obviously not without it's flaws and I wish Snyder would indeed take notice of that in stead of continuing on the same tracks.

One thing I remember Snyder saying in an interview that really pleased me is that he wanted some more classical Superman stuff in the sequel, and that's a step in the right direction.
However it was mentioned that visually we'd just be getting more of the same in terms of the darker visual tone ( if one can call it that) so that's definitely not what I was expecting.

Anyway, Snyder's doing JL,huh?
With the right script he can do a magnificent job. Best of luck to him.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #25
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
WB: Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

And once again, ensemble films were impossible until The Avengers. They simply did not exist. That is an indisputable fact that fans made up.
Indeed.

And the only director who can make an ensemble film is Whedon. Justice League was doomed when they didn't offer him a $473 million contract and their firstborn to direct it.