The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
Poni_Boy
Erroneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevanjacobjohn View Post
You keep using the words "sadist" and "nihilist".

I don't think you understand what those words mean.

Eh..whatever, dude. If you are that far off to see what was presented on screen as sadism and nihilism, then there is no point in debating with you.
Nihilism - the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless. Sounds like Superman.

Sadism - the tendency to derive pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others. Yep, sounds like Batman.

Pre-release predictions: BvS OW pred: $165m / Second weekend drop: 70% / WW total: $850m

Pre-release predictions: SS OW pred: $130m / Second weekend drop: 65% / WW total: $550m
Old 03-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Nihilism - the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless. Sounds like Superman.

Sadism - the tendency to derive pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others. Yep, sounds like Batman.
Yea I was watching the time they revealed the movie also. And I have to say I enjoyed the movie so damn much and I think you have a personal attack against this movie for some weird reason.

Sorry man my experience at the movie was amazing. People cheered so many times and the place was packed. Everyone was engaged and everyone at the end cheered and enjoyed the movie so much.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
djsunyc
Side-Kick

this was actually a better movie:

Old 03-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #6
Jumpman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sorry. No. Not in this film.

There was no pure please in inflicting pain with this Batman in the film. He caused brutality and violence. But pure pleasure? Nope.

And Superman residing to the fact that life is meaningless? Tell that to every goddamn person he saved in the film. Tell that to Lois where he says, "You're my world."

Sorry. No.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #7
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:

Look you can Google.

Just move on man honestly I have seen far more positive reviews for this movie in here than I have negative.

The only thing that is being out weighed is your hate and all mighty thinking of this movie. People post positive reviews and then it goes to waste because you flood these topic with your own meaningless hate.

Give it a rest buddy.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #8
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Sorry. No. Not in this film.

There was no pure please in inflicting pain with this Batman in the film.

And Superman residing to the fact that life is meaningless? Tell that to every goddamn person he saved in the film. Tell that to Lois where he says, "You're my world."

Sorry. No.
Yup pretty much this. He is looking at little things that don't even exist in the movie. He has his own mind made up and he is creating scenes in his head that justifies his thinking. Just let him go bro he's starting to become a troll.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
Angel0fDeath
Mask Of The Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I'm so detached from the naysayers and people who hated this film, lol. Man of Steel BOTHERED me beyond belief because quite frankly, I agreed with most of it, though I loved the film.

With BvS, I'm so personally satisfied and the people around me for that matter are satisfied enough to allow me to justify what I thought about the film. Nothing is going to bother me with this one. I'm content with it.
Personally, it doesn't affect me and my views. It does however sadden me that a lot of hypesters, who were enjoying their time here during post-production, talking about the movie etc., are actually influenced by him and his fellow experts. You can actually see how they repeat word for word what critics are saying and ruining their experience in the theatre. Not allowing them to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Oh, and he's enjoying it so much.

Many thanks to all of you with Marvel-themed usernames and/or avatars and an avowed dislike of DC and WB who make the effort all year round to tell us that we "should be worried" or that our enjoyment of these movies is misguided. You enrich these boards immeasurably and perform a valuable, worthwhile service.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Yeah Poni Boy I'm not trying to be rude but it seems like all you've been doing is dumping on this movie in almost every thread I visit. Isn't there a thread where you can do that in? Just saying

Old 03-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #11
souperman
Side-Dish

collectors edition not coming until July 16...

4+ months...

No-one stays good in this world...everything's changed...if you seek his monument - look around you - ARGO pick your nits ! I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE DON'T GET IT...
Old 03-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #12
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel0fDeath View Post
Personally, it doesn't affect me and my views. It does however sadden me that a lot of hypesters, who were enjoying their time here during post-production, talking about the movie etc., are actually influenced by him and his fellow experts. You can actually see how they repeat word for word what critics are saying and ruining their experience in the theatre. Not allowing them to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Oh, and he's enjoying it so much.
I went into the movie hearing and reading all these negative people spit out their hate. And I came out completely in love with the movie, I thought it was amazing and so much fun to watch.

Let the haters hate it because they don't have anything better to do then to come on here and bash something they don't understand.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #13
Rapunzel
Hands on Cav-El fan

Post Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post

4+ months...
Source?

Old 03-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #14
steve4991
Waiting on Kal in the sun

I keep coming here to share more thoughts but I have no clue where to start.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #15
HUMANIMAL

gosh i want that blu ray edition with the batman statue

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #16
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandeezy89 View Post
Yeah Poni Boy I'm not trying to be rude but it seems like all you've been doing is dumping on this movie in almost every thread I visit. Isn't there a thread where you can do that in? Just saying
That's what I'm trying to say he's been doing. I honestly think this movie is loved and liked by more people on here. Yet we have 2 or 3 people in here that flood the forum with negativity, and they love the attention.

Just let them be negative about something a lot of people loved.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #17
Angel0fDeath
Mask Of The Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Source?
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Superma...erman+ultimate

Many thanks to all of you with Marvel-themed usernames and/or avatars and an avowed dislike of DC and WB who make the effort all year round to tell us that we "should be worried" or that our enjoyment of these movies is misguided. You enrich these boards immeasurably and perform a valuable, worthwhile service.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #18
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post

4+ months...
not 27th?

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 03-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #19
Matt Mortem
Everything is Boring

I was expecting a complete trainwreck, but was surprised that there was a lot of good in BvS. It was far, far from perfect and left so much to be desired, but it was typical Snyder. It looked pretty good and the action was solid, but the characters needed some help.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #20
Unbreakable Lex
Criminal Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4991 View Post
I keep coming here to share more thoughts but I have no clue where to start.
Talk about the first thing that comes to mind. Go from there.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #21
Rocketman
Banned User

Having seen it twice, I definitely think it's the best superhero movie ever made. The second viewing goes by very smoothly. I have zero problems with the editing. I thought the whole damn thing was brilliant. It's a masterpiece of filmmaking. I know that's probably not the popular opinion around here, but this went places no comic book movie will ever go (except for Watchmen).

Old 03-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #22
steve4991
Waiting on Kal in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Talk about the first thing that comes to mind. Go from there.
It was just so much to take in. I'm better off with posting after my second screening tonight.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #23
mohoo
Side-Kick

I need more Lex!

Didn't think Jesse will be bad, but wow, that was way above my expectations!

Old 03-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #24
Zalker87
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Having seen it twice, I definitely think it's the best superhero movie ever made. The second viewing goes by very smoothly. I have zero problems with the editing. I thought the whole damn thing was brilliant. It's a masterpiece of filmmaking. I know that's probably not the popular opinion around here, but this went places no comic book movie will ever go (except for Watchmen).
Boom this movie was instantly taken to my top 5 CBM of all time. It was such a great movie I enjoyed every minute of it. The Knightmare sequence with Batman was so epic and fun it was just really cool. The fighting in it was amazing and I loved a lot of the movie.

The ending was epic and just fun.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #25
juju151111
Side-Kick

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v...ds-1201726300/

This is the power of DC batman,Supes, and wonderman. Imagine if the movie was critic hit too it would of decimated everything. I just hope JL doesn't have the same fate.

Closed Thread