The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick

Nice to see Snyder addressing those issues. Is there a link to the full interview?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel0fDeath
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut

So many fictional characters -- from Rorschach to Daredevil to Underworld's Selene --

- - have borrowed from Batman over the years.
Hello...!

Last edited by Mondragon; 01-06-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #5
Beatnation
Side-Kick

Old 01-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
kendalag
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shazam View Post
Nice to see Snyder addressing those issues. Is there a link to the full interview?
http://www.mtv.com/news/2723174/zach...ritos-contest/

Old 01-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
Beatnation
Side-Kick

edit.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
dario2739
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Hello...!

Yeah, but Batman admits it...

Old 01-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
WitchTrialz
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Hello...!

That's funny, I didn't know you could trademark 'rain' and 'throwing things'

Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #10
Arrowshieldfan
Side-Kick

Zack is right there still a lot of the movie not showing even though the latest trailer says otherwise

Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #11
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
Thanks!

Old 01-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #12
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchTrialz View Post
That's funny, I didn't know you could trademark 'rain' and 'throwing things'
Didn't say any of it was trademarked, or chose the visual themes, these are more than common tropes that visually go a bit beyond what you dismiss as 'rain' and 'throwing things' when you get into character, visual and narrative theme, etc... - I didn't even make the original observation, , someone else is just saying...
Quote:
So many fictional characters -- from Rorschach to Daredevil to Underworld's Selene --

- - have borrowed from Batman over the years.
And intentionally using the exact same tropes, I just took it one fun step further back.

Last edited by Mondragon; 01-06-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #13
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

I hope we get a different "official" poster than the ones with the Bat logo and Superman logo scratched across their faces. Something like this...

Old 01-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #14
kendalag
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I hope we get a different "official" poster than the ones with the Bat logo and Superman logo scratched across their faces. Something like this...

If we get a poster like that, people will suddenly complain that the poster is too cluttered with too my characters and just too much going on, so the movie will bomb.

I'm sure we'll get some posters like that, we had multiple for Man of Steel, but I wouldn't be shocked if the red & blue BvS poster is pretty much the look they're going for. Old school kind of poster, minimalist in look.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowshieldfan View Post
Zack is right there still a lot of the movie not showing even though the latest trailer says otherwise
LOL I shake my head at some of the people saying that the latest trailer showed too much. It really didn't.

And unlike the AOU trailer that pretty much showcased and spoiled the Hulkbuster/Hulk fight to the point I didn't care about the scene in the film. Zack and company have done a great job at teasing the Batman/Superman fight and the action scenes in general.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #16
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dario2739 View Post
Yeah, but Batman admits it...

No doubt, and Zack who is reinserting Zorro back into his origin (via Miller) is also fully embracing this aspect with his Dark Knight, mark and all - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=508459

Last edited by Mondragon; 01-06-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #17
Captain Shazam
Side-Kick

I was wondering: What if Zack goes to Conan to announce the pre-sale tickets?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #18
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
LOL I shake my head at some of the people saying that the latest trailer showed too much. It really didn't.

And unlike the AOU trailer that pretty much showcased and spoiled the Hulkbuster/Hulk fight to the point I didn't care about the scene in the film. Zack and company have done a great job at teasing the Batman/Superman fight and the action scenes in general.
This, it's obvious that Doomsday is a misdirect for something else

Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 PM   #19
Vampyr
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post

It depends on what you would consider being "too much". It showed more or less what trailers of this kind usually show. But it definitely showed way more than most people would like to had seen. Pretty much everyone i know agrees that trailers nowadays show too much, and that less is more, so it's difficult to argue that the trailer could have been much more interesting with less stuff in it.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #20
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
It depends on what you would consider being "too much". It showed more or less what trailers of this kind usually show. But it definitely showed way more than most people would like to had seen. Pretty much everyone i know agrees that trailers nowadays show too much, and that less is more, so it's difficult to argue that the trailer could have been much more interesting with less stuff in it.
Unless those people didn't go to the movies, then I fail to see how they did anything other than what they're supposed to do. If you don't want footage, just stop watching trailers.

Haters are going to hate regardless...it's what they do...they are haters....Haters gonna hate. "F" them...you don't need to appease them...let them live their hater lives until they die early of hate related diseases
- RoachCorp mission statement
Old 01-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #21
Vampyr
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
Unless those people didn't go to the movies, then I fail to see how they did anything other than what they're supposed to do. If you don't want footage, just stop watching trailers.
A trailer can easily capture your interest without telling you all the main bits of the story. The first BvS trailer is a great example of it. If you can't see that, there's no point in this discussion.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:27 PM   #22
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
A trailer can easily capture your interest without telling you all the main bits of the story. The first BvS trailer is a great example of it. If you can't realize this, there's no point in this discussion.
A trailer's job is to sell a viewer on a movie. If it does that, regardless of however much footage is or isn't shown, then it's a successful trailer. That's my point. People treat trailers like they're works of art. They're not. They're just pieces of marketing. People can complain all they want about being "spoiled" on Doomsday. They're still going to pay for a ticket to see Doomsday do Doomsday stuff.

Haters are going to hate regardless...it's what they do...they are haters....Haters gonna hate. "F" them...you don't need to appease them...let them live their hater lives until they die early of hate related diseases
- RoachCorp mission statement
Old 01-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #23
WitchTrialz
Wicked

I do wish they would have kept doomsday out of the trailer regardless of if he's a misdirection or not. Other than that the trailer didn't spoil anything

Old 01-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #24
Sawyer
The DCEU Is Born

Jesus f***ing Christ, you guys went through an entire 1,000-post thread in three days?

Guys. We don't even have that much to be discussing.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #25
WitchTrialz
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Jesus f***ing Christ, you guys went through an entire 1,000-post thread in three days?

Guys. We don't even have that much to be discussing.
Star Wars crept into the conversation

Closed Thread