The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
acedrake
Side-Kick

Default Front and center in The Posters!!

I have seen a few posters depicting the team. In one Iron Man is front and center then there is another with Cap in the center. I have to say I did not like the Iron Man in the forefront but I do like that Cap much better. I know iron Man is basically God in the Marvel U but darn Cap should be more the main character in all this. Troughs??

acedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
MbJ
Side-Kick

Default Re: Front and center in The Posters!!

Iron Man is the more popular character and the one who probably has a more prominent role in the story, but it doesn't really matter.

I never understood why people on here get into all these pissing contests about who is at the center of the poster or who has stronger super feats.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Mike5575
Side-Kick

The whole poster debacle is what leads to civil war.

Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
TheVision
100% Synthetic

Iron Man and Cap are co-leaders of The Avengers. Thats pretty much a given.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Only thing I hated about the first Avengers was how they made Iron Man make the ultimate sacrifice like it's his own movie, as if Iron Man is every audience member's favorite--he's not everyone's favorite. He's an arrogant, self-obsessed, rude narcist who thinks he's smarter and better than everyone. I liked him just fine with the exception that he did have a little too many perfections, genius, rich and famous. It was until Avengers when I hated him, at least just in that film. It should have been more centered on Captain America. He's the one was struggles the most, coming out of time. I think he deserves more credit than Iron Man. He gets picked on.

If Stark's attitude wasn't so arrogant and childish, I would have considered whether he should be upfront. First Avengers film should have had the climax be an ensemble fight rather than Iron Man making the last save. That was a total Joss Whedon preference. Several people including me, did not like that. It was because Iron Man is Whedon's favorite. I hated that they ended the end credits with Iron Man's light chest logo, when it should have been Cap.

Ultimatly, I find Cap more relatable than the all-perfect Iron Man.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #6
DanielFM
Poor-man's Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
Only thing I hated about the first Avengers was how they made Iron Man make the ultimate sacrifice like it's his own movie, as if Iron Man is every audience member's favorite--he's not everyone's favorite. He's an arrogant, self-obsessed, rude narcist who thinks he's smarter and better than everyone. I liked him just fine with the exception that he did have a little too many perfections, genius, rich and famous. It was until Avengers when I hated him, at least just in that film. It should have been more centered on Captain America. He's the one was struggles the most, coming out of time. I think he deserves more credit than Iron Man. He gets picked on.

If Stark's attitude wasn't so arrogant and childish, I would have considered whether he should be upfront. First Avengers film should have had the climax be an ensemble fight rather than Iron Man making the last save. That was a total Joss Whedon preference. Several people including me, did not like that. It was because Iron Man is Whedon's favorite. I hated that they ended the end credits with Iron Man's light chest logo, when it should have been Cap.

I agree on most of your points. But the Marvel Cinematic Universe was built into the strong foundations of Iron Man popularity, whether we like it or not. His success allowed to release the rest of the films.
And money speaks for itself.

DanielFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Mike5575
Side-Kick

Quote:

Actually, I think Captain America gets a little bit more screen time than Tony. Iron Man is the big office draw, and he was the one that launched the MCU. So, expect him to steal the show sometimes. As far as him being perfect, well I disagree. It's obvious, even Stark knows it, that he has many character defects. If anyone is perfect, it's Cap. Seriously, can you find anything wrong with him other than being a man out of time? He's courageous, loyal, humble, self-sacraficing. I also don't think Iron Man is his favorite. He's a big fan of strong females, so I'd have to say Black Widow would be his favorite.

Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #8
Bert
Side-Kick

You gotta realize that RDJ puts asses in seats, way more so than anyone else involved. Let's be realistic about this.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I think Cap is portrayed as far more perfect as a person than Stark is. Cap really doesn't have many personal flaws, while Stark has a whole list of them.

Stark sacrificing himself in Avengers basically comes down to Cap calling him out on how selfish he is and how he only does things that benefits himself.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
DanielFM
Poor-man's Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5575 View Post
If anyone is perfect, it's Cap. Seriously, can you find anything wrong with him other than being a man out of time? He's courageous, loyal, humble, self-sacraficing.
That's funny, because Whedon portrayed Cap as simple, square and short-sighted, making it clear through all the puns and disrespect he got from the other Avengers.

DanielFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #11
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

I think the cut of Steve's scene where he's looking through the dossiers, sitting at the cafe and riding the train to the boxing rings was a more detrimental cut to is character arc on screen than anything that happened in the end battle.That three minute scene could easily have been cut down to about 90 second and wouldn't have hurt pacing at all IMO.

The Avengers
is set up for Tony to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on the wire and it worked. I thought everyone at the end had their part to play as a team. The one thing I'd change in the ending is that when Tony was laying there unconscious after being caught by The Hulk I wanted Steve to think back to the Forrest fight and instruct Thor to give Tony's arc reactor a little lightning jump start which would would have made it more of a team save of Tony while showcasing Steve and Thor's abilities.

As for the poster, I expected RDJ as Iron Man to be front and center (IM3 made $1.2 BILLION!) and was surprised Cap was in the front though not that he was much closer than he was in The Avengers poster where he looked about a block away.

The variant with RDJ in the front though doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing and seems an obvious late change with even less effort in Photoshopping. Instead of making Iron Man bigger they just push back Cap and make him smaller so that he's almost behind Thor's arm which looks awkward, there's also now some dead space in the middle of the poster and they lose all the focus on the shield behind Avengers which really drew the eye in the first version.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #12
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
I have seen a few posters depicting the team. In one Iron Man is front and center then there is another with Cap in the center. I have to say I did not like the Iron Man in the forefront but I do like that Cap much better. I know iron Man is basically God in the Marvel U but darn Cap should be more the main character in all this. Troughs??
Thor should be in the front, as he is the coolest Avenger

1. The Dark Knight 2. Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Man of Steel 4. The Avengers 5. The Dark Knight Rises 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. Batman Begins 9. X-Men: Days of Future Past 10. Thor
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
Spitfire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
I think the cut of Steve's scene where he's looking through the dossiers, sitting at the cafe and riding the train to the boxing rings was a more detrimental cut to is character arc on screen than anything that happened in the end battle.That three minute scene could easily have been cut down to about 90 second and wouldn't have hurt pacing at all IMO.
I agree 100%! After I saw this scene I was really puzzled about why it had been cut completely and not shown at least as a shorter version.

I'm not a fan of the team poster, and agree that the version with IM at the front isn't well thought out in terms of its design.

Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #14
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5575 View Post
The whole poster debacle is what leads to civil war.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #15
Bren
Forevernoob

That's great