The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #226
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
gonna geek out so much if Hemsworth says the "We would have words with thee" Line
Honestly, I don't expect him to say it since MCU Thor's vernacular doesn't include language like "thee." Still, I have hope of getting some variation ala "Ultron, we would have words."

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #227
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

I think we can all agree that Jane should go

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #228
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Just re-watched (or more accurately re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watched) parts of The Avengers recently on TV. Thor's language is actually quite anachronistic and... flowery for lack of a better term. I don't think him saying "thee" instead of "you" would be too much of a stretch.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #229
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea whilst Thor isn't full on Shakespeare like the comics, it's definitely poetic and as you say, flowery.

"You take this world as recompense for imagined slights?"

I mean, who the hell speaks like that anymore lol.

And Thor needs to get away from Earth and Jane in his third movie. His films have basically been rom/coms up until now. Marvel have done a disservice to Hemsworth and the Thor character.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 AM   #230
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I want a full on Sci-Fi/Fantasy Epic for Thor 3. Although that is what I wanted for Thor 2 as well.

2 and half hours of Thor, Sif and Warriors 3. No earth, no jane no darcy etc

Loki unleashes Surtur.

Or Maybe Thanos attacks, Feige did say when asked if Thanos will be in GOTG 2 that you never know where Thanos will pop up, and the 2nd most lilkely place after GOTG 2 would be Thor 3 IMO.

Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 AM   #231
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea i think it'd be a good decision to have Thanos as the main antagonist in Thor 3, directly leading into Avengers 3.

He comes to Asgard to take care of Loki and acquire the last Infinity Gem, the Tesseract.

Asgard has had some big clashes with Thanos before in the comics. I remember he and Odin had an epic showdown.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:28 AM   #232
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I've wondered if Odin is dead does Loki have the odinforce?

Old 07-30-2014, 05:34 AM   #233
The Endless
WE are Groot

The Odinforce would go to whoever is next in line, so that would be Thor i'd imagine.

But the ending of Thor 2 is strange. What actually happened to Odin? Did Loki kill him somehow? Did he go into another Odinsleep?

If neither Thor or Loki got the Odinforce he can't be actually dead i guess.

If it was up to me, in a cliffhanger of Thor 3 Thanos would kill Odin and in the mid credits stinger the Odinforce goes to Thor, making him more powerful for the battle in Avengers 3 with him also fully embracing the role of King of Asgard.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #234
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

According to Alan Taylor and Hopkins he is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post

If it was up to me, in a cliffhanger of Thor 3 Thanos would kill Odin and in the mid credits stinger the Odinforce goes to Thor, making him more powerful for the battle in Avengers 3 with him also fully embracing the role of King of Asgard.
Yep that is exactly what I was gonna say. King Thor in A3

Old 07-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #235
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
And Thor needs to get away from Earth and Jane in his third movie. His films have basically been rom/coms up until now. Marvel have done a disservice to Hemsworth and the Thor character.
I was thinking about this yesterday. I think the worst part about the romance aspect is that they didn't even do it well. While I wouldn't request that Thor be a "romcom" film at all, I wish that they would go full bore with it if they are going to include it at all.

In T:TDW, Thor's conflict should have been very palpably about being torn between duty to Asgard and his love of Jane/Midgard. It was there, but it didn't feel like a driving force in the plot. If it were, I think people would have been more satisfied with they final product, even for those who don't like romcoms/romance.

As for Thanos in Thor 3, I'd rather him not be a big part of the plot. Thor has so many "Thor only" antagonists that I'd much rather see developed. I choose Surtur, but he also has Enchantress, Executioner, Ulik, Midgard Serpent, even the freakin' Wrecking Crew, the list goes on. Thanos can be in a post credit scene (or even a main-film scene) scooping up the Tesseract, but I don't want him to be the main antagonist.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch

Last edited by seahammer; 07-30-2014 at 07:09 AM.
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #236
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I cant remember much of anything from Thor 2, its like I saw the movie and just forgot about it right after. It was a big mess to me, I thought it would be a big improvement from the first, it wasnt. Now I like the first one the most.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #237
seahammer
Asgardian

^ Understandable. I'm not going to s*** on the movie because I still get a lot of enjoyment out of T:TDW by focusing on the positives (I usually skip the earth scenes when I rewatch it.....), but it could have been much, much better.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #238
TheVision

Ill have to rewatch it a few more times and then maybe I can judge it better, but right now I thought it was meh.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:20 AM   #239
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
According to Alan Taylor and Hopkins he is dead
I've said this before, I think somewhere on TDW board, but I think some people are kind of misinterpreting that interview (if you're referring to the MTV interview that a lot of sites based their articles on).

What Hopkins said in the actual video is (emphasis by me):
"Maybe, maybe Odin dies, I don't know. I've done two, that's enough."

so he's not completely sure himself and, IMO, he says it in kind of a light-hearted manner so I wouldn't necessarily take it that he wants out of the franchise or anything yet - though if he did I think they could work around it (Marvel has already shown they're not shy about recasting).

As for Taylor, from what I can tell actually watching the interview, what the various sites credit to him saying about Odin I think is actually more about Loki and about their decision to kill him (Loki) off and then have that big reveal at the end.

Right now, I would take Feige as the "Word of God" on the topic which is simply:
"We have very good ideas whether the All-Father is with us or not."

(from that same MTV interview I believe), and he's left it at that. So Odin's fate, IMO, has been left ambiguous very much on purpose.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #240
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

So something I've been thinking about, we know SW projects visions to people in the film. Could this be what alerts Thor to Loki's plot? Could Hiddlestone actually have a minor scene in this to play up to his crowd a bit? Would be a fun bit of fan service and inform the plot of Thor 3: Live Thor or Die Loki

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #241
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
As for Thanos in Thor 3, I'd rather him not be a big part of the plot. Thor has so many "Thor only" antagonists that I'd much rather see developed. I choose Surtur, but he also has Enchantress, Executioner, Ulik, Midgard Serpent, even the freakin' Wrecking Crew, the list goes on. Thanos can be in a post credit scene (or even a main-film scene) scooping up the Tesseract, but I don't want him to be the main antagonist.
This^ is a very good point
I'd definitely say it is pretty easy to declare that Thor has the best personal rogues gallery of any character owned by Marvel Studios. Cap has some good ones, and Hulk and IM have like 1 or 2 name villains, but between characters from myth and wholly original Marvel bad guys, Thor is packed out with tough, cool, and intimidating villains

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #242
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Quote:
Yea whilst Thor isn't full on Shakespeare like the comics, it's definitely poetic and as you say, flowery.

"You take this world as recompense for imagined slights?"

I mean, who the hell speaks like that anymore lol.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #243
TheVision

I love the nod to the comics. Everytime I read those THOR is in Shakespeare mode while everyone else is talking like a New Yorker.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #244
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Odinforce would go to whoever is next in line, so that would be Thor i'd imagine.

But the ending of Thor 2 is strange. What actually happened to Odin? Did Loki kill him somehow? Did he go into another Odinsleep?

If neither Thor or Loki got the Odinforce he can't be actually dead i guess.

MCU hasn't even acknowledged that the Odin Force exists nor has Odin shown any show of power other than being an old asgardian

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #245
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
MCU hasn't even acknowledged that the Odin Force exists nor has Odin shown any show of power other than being an old asgardian
Well he went into the odinsleep, he had the power to take away Thors power and put an enchantment on Mjolnir. Knew what was going on on the bifrost whilst he was in his chamber. He was also aware of the frost giants in the artifact vault and he also conjured dark energy to send Thor to earth.

Maybe they haven't said he has the odinforce, but that could change.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #246
The Endless
WE are Groot

Yea he's shown some some omnipresence like when he saw the Frost Giants invading the weapons vault, and being aware of what happens whilst in the Odinsleep. He's also enchanted Loki to appear Asgardian. As well as of course stripping Thor of his power and enchanting Mjolnir. Transporting Thor to Midgard in Avengers.

Nothing on the level of destroying galaxies like in the comics, but he's definitely shown some God like powers.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #247
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea i think it'd be a good decision to have Thanos as the main antagonist in Thor 3, directly leading into Avengers 3.

He comes to Asgard to take care of Loki and acquire the last Infinity Gem, the Tesseract.

Asgard has had some big clashes with Thanos before in the comics. I remember he and Odin had an epic showdown.
Epic showdown? if you call Odin stomping the **** out of him then yeah it was an epic showdown. Thanos should never be able to kill Odin his just not on that level. Then again the MCU Odin seems weak as ****.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #248
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Epic showdown? if you call Odin stomping the **** out of him then yeah it was an epic showdown. Thanos should never be able to kill Odin his just not on that level. Then again the MCU Odin seems weak as ****.
I wouldn't say he stomped the **** out of him. He defeated him. Although Thanos didn't yield in the end. But in the process they destroyed half of Asgard and Odin even remarked that Thanos surprised him with how powerful he was. I distinctly remember the scene where Odin was blasting Thanos with Gungnir and he just tanked his way straight through the beam and grabbed it. That could be a cool moment to see in a film.

I know Thanos couldn't defeat comic Odin. Thanos is somewhere between Herald and Skyfather i'd say.

Point being, if Thanos has all the Infinity Gems except the Tesseract by the time he comes to Asgard, Odin isn't going to stop him. Even comic book Odin wouldn't if Thanos had all the Gems, save the Space Gem.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #249
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I could literally spend an hour typing up a thesis paper on the issues that I had with tdw.lol The only reasons why the film didn't fall apart completely was because it was being held onto by the great performances that chris and tom gave respectively, especially chris who really didn't have much material to work with.

As others have said already, thor has so many interesting characters of his own to choose from that it's a complete mystery as to why they wasted such a great golden opportunity and decided to give more time to the likes of selvig and company.

We should have seen thor traveling the nine realms on this grand adventure, introducing us to its inhabitants. Heck, I find it easier to watch the first thor film more often since everyone in it gives off better performances and thor actually feels like the main character who has a compelling arc.

If there's any avenger who deserves to have a good arc in this film, it's definitely thor since the character was robbed of that chance in his own film.

I really hope that marvel's next attempt at making a solo thor film, which will most likely be chris' s last solo film, will have a huge leap and difference in quality when compared to its predecessor like how dofp was MUCH better than x3

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #250
TheVision

One thing I was wondering was how infamous THANOS is to the Asgardians. Like do they know who he and Ronan are already? I suppose they do if The Collector is someone theyd goto. How would you compare THANOS to an infamous person on Earth? Could he be considered the Al Capone of MCU villains? or someone worse?