The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Sam Raimi Planning 'Evil Dead' Series

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...i-plans-721336
Quote:
You wouldn't have found Sam Raimi's name on any of the schedules for Friday's Comic-Con programming, but the director dropped by to announce that he's currently working on an Evil Dead TV series which he's co-writing with his brother Ivan.

Even better, he's planning to draft Bruce Campbell -- star of the first three Evil Dead films -- to topline the series as well. Neither Raimi nor Campbell had any material involvement with the Evil Dead remake that hit theaters in 2013.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Default Re: Sam Raimi Planning 'Evil Dead' Series

What!?

Well, that's random. I wonder if this is going to replace the films they were gong to do. Definitely seems rather out of nowhere.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
KevanG
Brony

That's very interesting. I just hope it doesn't turn out like F13:The series.

I'm sure it won't but sounds awesome.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
tecnowraith
Side-Kick

I hope it will be more like the tone of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Now the question is what would the be the story-lines for the episodes? They did say the series might dark comedy.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Raimi really wants to milk this franchise dry.

Elevator Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Yeah, clearly, with so much content since Army of Darkness and all...

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I think I'd prefer AOD 2, but I'll take a chainsaw hand however I can get it.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I guess this won't tie into the remake at all? I guess that just falls in line with my one criticism of the remake (that the post-credits scene in no way tied into the movie OR really set up a sequel; it was basically just fan service with no real point).

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #9
DirtyHarry
I saw footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Raimi really wants to milk this franchise dry.
I hope so.

Stanley Kubrick defeats Alfred Hitchcock by one vote to win The Best Directors of All Time Tournament. (11/16/13)
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #10
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
I hope so.
Yep. I mean, I had one of the PS2 games and read a few of the comic books, but I really want it as more movies or a tv show.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #11
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

I was indifferent until I saw that Bruce Campbell himself will be reprising his role as Ash. That has my interest sparked.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
I guess this won't tie into the remake at all? I guess that just falls in line with my one criticism of the remake (that the post-credits scene in no way tied into the movie OR really set up a sequel; it was basically just fan service with no real point).
To be fair, it probably was meant to, since there was talks of AOD2 and ED2, but it seems that plans have changed.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #13
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Well, Suburgatory was cancelled, so Levy is free.....

Old 07-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

I'm all over this. It'd be cool if it did tie into the remake and other films, but Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell is my jam.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Groovy

John Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #16
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Hopefully it will be on AMC back to back with The Walking Dead.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #17
Nerdario
Newbie First Class

I'd want to see an evil dead show starring Campbell as ash in his current age, keeping it in line with the originals and the remake. The funny route would be to have him still working at s-mart. When it starts but I would prefer if it starts with him in an insane asylum.
Have it open with some explanation of how he got there. A quick flashback to the end of AOD where he blows away that deadite. However in everyone else's eyes he actually just randomly killed an old woman. It's been years since he's been bothered by evil forces But he's still seen the faces of deadites on the people in the asylum. Que the tie into the remake by having all hell break loose around him when the book is read at the cabin. He breaks out throw in the classic scene. Of him getting his chainsaw maybe this time by him going to s-mart for it. Oh and he should have the crazy long hair and beard at this point.
He would be off to the cabin and perhaps picks up rumors on the way about a one armed girl who's been picked up for the murder of all her friends yet she claims to be the lone survicor. Think the exorcism of Emily rose mixed with the evil dead regeneration game (I think that's what it was called).
I could even see it taking a Wilfred direction where a season or two in and boom ash randomly wakes up in a different time or different reality where the one we've just been in is apparently not real.

Nerdario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #18
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Hopefully it will be on AMC back to back with The Walking Dead.
AMC is such a horrible network to work with though.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #19
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdario View Post
I'd want to see an evil dead show starring Campbell as ash in his current age, keeping it in line with the originals and the remake. The funny route would be to have him still working at s-mart. When it starts but I would prefer if it starts with him in an insane asylum.
Have it open with some explanation of how he got there. A quick flashback to the end of AOD where he blows away that deadite. However in everyone else's eyes he actually just randomly killed an old woman. It's been years since he's been bothered by evil forces But he's still seen the faces of deadites on the people in the asylum. Que the tie into the remake by having all hell break loose around him when the book is read at the cabin. He breaks out throw in the classic scene. Of him getting his chainsaw maybe this time by him going to s-mart for it. Oh and he should have the crazy long hair and beard at this point.
He would be off to the cabin and perhaps picks up rumors on the way about a one armed girl who's been picked up for the murder of all her friends yet she claims to be the lone survicor. Think the exorcism of Emily rose mixed with the evil dead regeneration game (I think that's what it was called).
I could even see it taking a Wilfred direction where a season or two in and boom ash randomly wakes up in a different time or different reality where the one we've just been in is apparently not real.
Some of that wouldn't work but other parts could. I think it would be great for Ash to team up with Mia in some capacity but I doubt that will happen. Maybe a cameo from her at some point.

His being in an insane asylum is kind of hackneyed now but then having him being still at S-Mart would be too, although it'd be funny as I imagine he'd only have gotten to middle management by now at best.

If they do a Supernatural thing with him on the road, killing Deadites and other hellspawn I'm not sure if I'd go for it or not. There's still not enough detail to go on yet though.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #20
Nerdario
Newbie First Class

Yeah it would be tricky to do regardless. It would have to be either in tone with the remake. Or keeping with the originals camp in which case it shouldn't tie in the new one. I don't want it to be like new adventures every episode. I'd want it to be one consecutive weekend or day. Just break it up in episodes. I wouldn't want a team up with Mia either but more like if they were to tie her story in, Ash would go looking for her to find more out about what happened and or put her potential deadite ass down.
I think I remember some theory on deadites.com about Mia and David being ashes bast are kids and that the photo of their mom was the chick ash kisses in s-mart at the end of darkness. That's reaching but it could help tie the old and new together.

Nerdario is offline   Reply With Quote