SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies

With the show having a panel at SDCC next month, now seemed as good a place to start a new thread as any...
Quote:
The resistance is coming to Comic-Con. TNT is going to give fans the very first look at the eagerly anticipated new series FALLING SKIES, from DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg, starring Noah Wyle. The gripping drama series, slated to premiere in summer 2011, envisions a world where aliens have invaded, and the fate of humanity lies in the hands of a few survivors. Series stars Wyle (ER, TNTís The Librarian movies) and Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) will join co-executive producer and writer Mark Verheiden (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica) at Comic-Con for a Q&A panel session scheduled to take place Friday, July 23, from 4:45 p.m. Ė 5:45 p.m. (PT) in Room 6A. They will also be available for an autograph signing, time and location to be announced.

In FALLING SKIES, Wyle stars as a former college professor who becomes the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. Bloodgood co-stars as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation. The series also stars Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tomís two sons; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the groupís commissary. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNTís Into the West) plays a fierce leader of the resistance.

FALLING SKIES is executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscarģ nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Verheiden and Greg Beeman (Heroes, Smallville) are co-executive producers. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Default Re: Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Someone remind me; didn't Pope and co, use Maggie as a sex slave initially..?
Correct. Though I don't know that it's been mentioned since season 1.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Steven Spielberg's Falling Skies - Part 1

Figured I'd talk since the finale happened. So the finale definitely left us on an interesting note. Like:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Tom being lost in space and encountering a new alien
The Espheni War Machine taken down

So now we have one more season left. Thoughts everyone?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think it is a new alien per se. Tom's words were, "I had no idea, you're beautiful." And the alien (which we could see the reflection of) seemed to be walked on multiple legs and have the same body type as a skitter. My guess is that the new alien is the original skitter race, before the Aspheni mutated them.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't think it is a new alien per se. Tom's words were, "I had no idea, you're beautiful." And the alien (which we could see the reflection of) seemed to be walked on multiple legs and have the same body type as a skitter. My guess is that the new alien is the original skitter race, before the Aspheni mutated them.
that's what I'm thinking, too.

now, the question is.......are they friend or foe? are they the "larger threat" the Espheni alluded to earlier?

and overall, I'd say this was the least interesting season. you've hard of "filler" episodes. well, this whole season felt like a "filler."

it had a hard time finding its direction and the most interesting character with the most potential, Lexi, was largely wasted.

it wasn't until the final 3 eps that it started to get interesting.

I'm glad next season will be the last. that means they can finally wrap the story up with a satisfying (hopefully) conclusion.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 09-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

I think the new alien we see at the end may be the ones the Overlords were prepping to use Lexi against. Not sure if Tom is seeing it's true form. He may be seeing something else from what we saw was being reflected off of the mirror.

I hope Lexi is gone for good. But they left room for a return. The thing she was doing with her hands at the end. If she's quick enough. She could probably concoct a strong enough cocoon to survive that blast. Which would be ridiculous considering that blast left a Texas size crater in the moon. But you never know.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
I think the new alien we see at the end may be the ones the Overlords were prepping to use Lexi against. Not sure if Tom is seeing it's true form. He may be seeing something else from what we saw was being reflected off of the mirror.

I hope Lexi is gone for good. But they left room for a return. The thing she was doing with her hands at the end. If she's quick enough. She could probably concoct a strong enough cocoon to survive that blast. Which would be ridiculous considering that blast left a Texas size crater in the moon. But you never know.
yeah.......Tom could have been seeing an illusion of some sort and not what the audience caught a glimpse of.

and I wouldn't be surprised if Lexi did survive.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

This is what happen when Audrey II mates with The Prometheus worm.

Last edited by Monsieur Xavier; 09-02-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grammar obviously
Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I almost started laughing when Weaver and Matt kept repeatedly shouting "It's not over until it's over!", when that eshphani fog trapped them.

It was good that Tom and Lexi got to bond on their mission b/c their relationship was very underdeveloped this and last season, which had me believing Tom never really cared for Lexi and vice versa.

And I was mostly scratching my head on that twilight zone-esque ending. Another dream maybe?

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #11
ravn0s
Side-Kick

that voice at the end sounded a lot like lexi's.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #12
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
I almost started laughing when Weaver and Matt kept repeatedly shouting "It's not over until it's over!", when that eshphani fog trapped them.

It was good that Tom and Lexi got to bond on their mission b/c their relationship was very underdeveloped this and last season, which had me believing Tom never really cared for Lexi and vice versa.

And I was mostly scratching my head on that twilight zone-esque ending. Another dream maybe?
that scene was corny as hell.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Good ep. Although i was scratching my head at the scene where Weaver was trapped against the wall, with the creature on his chest, and Matt and Anne calmly sit there and make no attempt to help him…

I also found Hal's banter with Ben and Maggie, during the scene with the fog really weird; it seemed out of place.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #14
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I thought the 2 part season finale was excellent, it put all the main characters in various states of jeopardy and had me wondering who was going to survive, and used these situations to mend issues bring the whole group together as we head into the final season.

Ity looks like the Ishfini threat is done and the last season will feature whatever it is that they warned was coming as the main threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
that voice at the end sounded a lot like lexi's.
I hadn't thought of that but given Tom seemed pleased to see who/whatever it was makes me think you could be right.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

Mmh why the new alien would have any connexion to Lexi ?
Like a previous poster said, the silhouette looks like a skitter, probably the true form of the specie and Tom is amazed for the being is beautiful ( I imagine something like the Aqua Alien in Abyss but purple ).

Last edited by Monsieur Xavier; 09-07-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: missing words :)
Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote