Old 01-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Sawyer
The DCEU Is Born

Default Will - Young Shakespeare Series on TNT

http://deadline.com/2016/01/will-you...ur-1201677973/
Quote:
Young William Shakespeare TNT Pilot ‘Will’ Casts Lead, Shekhar Kapur To Direct
by Nellie Andreeva

Young British actor Laurie Davidson has landed the title role in Will, TNT’s drama pilot chronicling the 20s of William Shakespeare. Elizabeth helmer Shekhar Kapur is directing the pilot, which comes from Craig Pearce, the longtime writing partner of auteur filmmaker Baz Luhrmann. It tells the wild story of young William Shakespeare’s (Davidson) arrival onto the punk rock theater scene that was 16th century London – the seductive, violent world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows. It’s described as the hot, contemporary, dangerous version of Shakespeare’s life, played to a modern soundtrack, exposing all his recklessness, lustful temptations and brilliance.

Pearce wrote the script and executive produces with Vince Gerardis, Howard Braunstein and Louise Rosager. The project has had a long development history — it was at one point set up at HBO and once had a straight-to-series order at Pivot,

Davidson, who graduated from drama school in 2012, is a newcomer. He has done some theater in Europe and had a small role in the 2013 Vampire Academy movie.
Has my attention.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Default Re: Will - Young Shakespeare Series on TNT

We know way more about theatre at the time than we do about Shakespeare's life (which is actually not much). I wonder if they'll deal with his alleged same-sex attraction (having written a bunch of sonnets to a boy).

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #3
Marvolo
Side-Kick

"Punk rock theater scene"...hmm I don't remember the part in Lit class when we learned about the Globe hosting Green Day, the Ramones, and the Sex Pistols.

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
Sawyer
The DCEU Is Born

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:33 PM   #5
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I like the trailer, outside of the music of course.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
Mogwai
Fanboy

This interests me.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Kyle
Side-Kick

This looks great. Odd music choice, but I like it - although it doesn't fit the time period it fits the tone they're going for, Shakespeare was the rock star punk artist or rapper of his time stirring rebellions and fighting the system through his plays making an impact. If Shakespeare was around today he would have drawn fire like Green Day did with 'American Idiot,' N.W.A. did with 'F The Police,' among other similar instances of using words to stir a rebellion. Has a Baz Luhrmann approach to it that I really like.

Last edited by Kyle; 05-19-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote