The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 41

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 40

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 41

I kind of want to know what the hook is for GOTHAM? I mean... week in, week out, Gordon fights a losing battle against crime and corruption in the city. A battle he has to lose because, the only real hope comes from Bruce's return to the city as a man. So... yeah. I mean it could be a great opportunity to tell a character tale... But how long is the audience really going to stick around for that in big numbers? It's going to be sold on it's superhero connection, yet... no actual superhero to be found. SMALLVILLE had Superman, just a young Kent coming of age. GOTHAM? What's it got exactly? The origin of Jim Gordon. Great character for us comic book cognoscenti, but for the general audience? I don't know.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 AM   #4
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 42

Well Batman fights a losing battle as well

Old 03-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 42

There are two easy answers here

1. Make the Wayne murders a huge conspiracy that Gordon and bullock try and solve over the first season (and we see Wayne trying to solve it on his own occurred remember he is supposed to be a show regular)

2. While Bruce starts forming his plan and Gordon try to bring down corruption there was a vigilante before Bruce who walked the streets of Gotham The Reaper having him be a presence in the show could be an easy way to bring people into the show.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
matt47
Side-Kick

It would be pretty cool to see a younger bruce forming his plan.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
LEVITIKUZ
Nic Cage

Bruce is gonna be all

Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

Wait so maybe I'm a little behind but I was under the impression Gotham was going to be pretty much Batman-less. Will it show a young Bruce Wayne shortly after his parents are murdered or what? What details do we know exactly?

Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Yep.
We shall see how it plays out.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #10
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Wait so maybe I'm a little behind but I was under the impression Gotham was going to be pretty much Batman-less. Will it show a young Bruce Wayne shortly after his parents are murdered or what? What details do we know exactly?
There's a lot of information out there already.

But yeah young Bruce Wayne has been cast and is on the show

Old 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #11
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

If they don't show a Batman shadow looming behind young Bruce, I'm not watching it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #12
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Please tell me you guys have seen this video..I have always wanted a first person view on Supes flying in a movie. This video has everything. in that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Ib9SwC7EI

Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Champions;
Smallville's problem in that regard is that it was not supposed to last 10 seasons.

The superboy storyline is simply not worth 200 episodes.
But I think Smallville could get away with it more simply because Superman is an alien and you have all the Krypton mythology and super powers etc plus Clark could still inspire.

With Gotham you get the feeling (unless they recast) they're hoping for a ten season show, I mean why wouldn't they? Smallville was very popular of course WBs would want another hit show like that. I just think whilst you can keep Superman's pre costumed story fresh and interesting, I fail to see how it works even past a few seasons with Gotham.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03/...1280126#!Ao62E

Alleged details on BVS's Batman; Claims the TDKT (albeit it retconned) is canon.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Batman vs. Superman: Insider Scoop on BatFleck
By*Anonymous Manon* March 17th, 2014 at 6:22pm· 1k saw this· 6+ people are talking

• BatFleck will be 40 years old, retired.

• The Batsuit and Batmobile are A...MA...ZING!!!!

• Except for several details, the events that took place in the NolanVerse are going to be Canon. Thalia's involvement in the events of TDKR will not be canon, the supposed death of Bane is also not canon. Other small details are made non-canon.*

• After the events of TDKR, BatFleck retired to rebuild Gotham as Bruce Wayne. Robin (in the TDKR but not played by JGL) becomes his first protege as NightWing. There is a 7-year time period between the event in the TDKR and MoS. So, BatFleck has been retired for 7 years.*

• During this time, knowing that crime needs to be dealt with, BatFleck constituted the BatFamily: NightWing, BatWing, BatGirl, RedRobin and Robin. The latter died at the hand of The Joker who escaped during the TDKR's event but then reappeared. As a way of getting BatFleck's attention, the Joker devised a plan to attack one of his proteges. He targeted the youngest and less experienced one - Robin. He killed him and BatFleck has been blaming himself day and night for it, this sets up a Batman: Under The Red Hood solo movie.*

• In addition to his [Bat Family], BatFleck has launched a bunch of BatDrones & BatAndroids ("[Bat Army]") Bruce Wayne is one of the most influential man on the planet due to his rebuilding agenda in Gotham, and the rise of Wayne Enterprises.*

• Gotham City is basically led by [Bruce Wayne & Wayne Enterprises] by day and the [Bat Family] & [Bat Army] by night. Bruce Wayne has to find time to manage both sides. And, he does. There have been speculation that Bruce Wayne is an ally of the Batman. Bruce admits that he's been "financing" the Batman. But, he says he's never actually met the Batman. He argues that the Batman is making Gotham City a safer place. He argues that without the Batman, Gotham would have been destroyed. This is, of course, the general consensus in the populace. Hence, the fact that he's siding with Batman does not really raise any concerns.*

• After the TDKR's event and before MoS, Gotham city is internationally known as the Batman's City. The Batman became an international Legend, the Bat symbol is now viewed as a symbol of Justice, Defiance, and Courage. People are increasingly believing that BatFleck's still alive and kicking...watching over Gotham as a guardian angel. The authorities don't like this, they don't like how the mythos of this vigilante is making them look like a bunch of P****. They would like to put a stop to the [Bat Family] and the [Bat Army]. In other words, the Batman is an embarrassment to them, he's a problem.*

• BatFleck is concerned by the events of MoS. Bane's terror in Gotham is still fresh in his memory; the reconstruction of Gotham is not completely done. Everyone saw what this alien is capable of. BatFleck is the world's greatest Detective and Prep. Expert; he decides to research every single details there is to know about Kal-El.*

• Bruce Wayne wants to get involved with the reconstruction of Metropolis. This means that Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp have to work together. He's not thrilled about it but it's for the greater good.

Considering the very TDKT tone of MOS, I don't very much doubt the validity of this.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #15
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Sounds like a Batman movie...

Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
kguillou
Side-Kick

That info is absolute BS, this is in no way tied to the Nolan verse. Goyer and Snyder have already long said this is a brand new thing. People are getting so desperate for news on this thing that they're fabricating lies now.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #17
Mr. E Nygma
Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

Alleged details on BVS's Batman; Claims the TDKT (albeit it retconned) is canon.

Considering the very TDKT tone of MOS, I don't very much doubt the validity of this.

Well, if any of that is true, then bummer. Going a different route with Batman and Affleck could give them a chance to include villains like Two-face that are already dead in NolanVerse. And it would give them a chance to create a bat-verse with a more blended world of realism and gritty goth(arkham games).

However, I doubt any of those claims are true, with Snyder and Affleck already having said that they couldn't do what Bale and Nolan did with their Batman.

Explore! Find my challenges! And when you fail to solve them and lie blubbering like an ignorant child on the floor, you will know, that the Riddler is better than you!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Earth bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

It's bullcrap.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #19
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
That info is absolute BS, this is in no way tied to the Nolan verse. Goyer and Snyder have already long said this is a brand new thing. People are getting so desperate for news on this thing that they're fabricating lies now.
Beat me too it, clear bull

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #20
Rorschach2012
$

i don't buy those rumors at all

Old 03-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #21
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

What they gonna do, put a disclaimer at the start of the film to tell you what is and isn't canon? Or worse, do some flashbacks? It's bs.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #22
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I agree with everyone saying it's BS. All this talk about this being a different Batman and they're going to kinda use the TDKT Batman? I don't buy it and it also sounds kinda stupid.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #23
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Sounds like the worst kind of hokum... the **** that is posted on THAT site.

Like seriously... there is so much detail in there and so elaborate as to be gleaned only after reading the script completely. And its not even finished yet.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

that Bat info sounds like complete ****.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #25
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

Lol, sounds like whoever wrote this was extremely bored.

Closed Thread