The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 102

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 102

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I must say....... I REEEALLY am impressed by Warners, and all the moves they've made to craft the DC Cinematic Universe.

Not just the slate, but the way they've gonna about casting all these characters and nailing out contracts before most have to be implented, to trusting the roles of their most popular characters to lesser known actors, while seeking out A-list, very popular actors for their lesser known characters. And of course, the talent they've had the mind to choose, period.

It's a great strategy, and its proving everyone who said WB/DC DIDN'T have a plan, very wrong.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 10-21-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 103

They are....THE JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #5
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I must say....... I REEEALLY am impressed by Warners, and all the moves they've made to craft the DC Cinematic Universe.

Not just the slate, but the way they've gonna about casting all these characters and nailing out contracts before most have to be implented, to trusting the roles of their most popular characters to lesser known actors, while seeking out A-list, very popular actors for their lesser known characters.

It's a great strategy, and its proving everyone who said WB/DC DIDN'T have a plan, very wrong.
I'm actually curious to see on who were the people at the forefront of planning out all of this, let alone deciding on which character to bring to the big screen.

And I agree with what NextNolan and Krypton Inc both said in their posts.

It would actually be kind of funny if Batman would hang a criminal off the top of of a large skyscraper in order to interrogate that person for a pressing matter, with Batman letting go of the dude (and knowing) that Superman will catch him near the bottom so that they could get the guy to talk.lol

Old 10-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

Not just the slate, but the way they've gonna about casting all these characters and nailing out contracts before most have to be implented, to trusting the roles of their most popular characters to lesser known actors, while seeking out A-list, very popular actors for their lesser known characters.

We can only hope it all pans out. I loved MOS so, I've already got what I needed. A kickass modern Superman movie. To get SUICIDE SQUAD, JLA, WONDER WOMAN, FLASH... I have to ask what I did in a previous life that makes me worthy, ya know? And just from the planning stages, as of now, yeah, it seems it's going to be on par with the MCU. This pleases me no end. Plus we are getting these TV shows too.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm actually curious to see on who were the people at the forefront of planning out all of this, let alone deciding on which character to bring to the big screen.

And I agree with what NextNolan and Krypton Inc both said in their posts.

It would actually be kind of funny if Batman would hang a criminal off the top of of a large skyscraper in order to interrogate that person for a pressing matter, with Batman letting go of the dude (and knowing) that Superman will catch him near the bottom so that they could get the guy to talk.lol
Ha. That's super hero good cop bad cop. I would love it if Superman acted all surprised, but was in on it. " Oh, hey there, don't worry, I got you. Wow. It must have been that crazy Batman. I sure wish I could catch him. Do you have any idea what it is he's after? What he's in town for? Because if I knew, I'm sure I could put a stop to him once and for all."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:24 AM   #8
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ha. That's super hero good cop bad cop. I would love it if Superman acted all surprised, but was in on it. " Oh, hey there, don't worry, I got you. Wow. It must have been that crazy Batman. I sure wish I could catch him. Do you have any idea what it is he's after? What he's in town for? Because if I knew, I'm sure I could put a stop to him once and for all."
lol; and they could even turn it around and actually have Batman play the good cop for once.

Both heroes close in on a drug dealer who has a huge fetish for various/several luxurious imported cars. The dude refuses to talk so Superman starts using his heat vision to blow up each car, with Batman saying that he'll ask Superman to stop if the drug dealer talks.lol

Old 10-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #9
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Lois gets saved by Superman, just like Batman drives a super cool car. It's just the way things are. I for one loved what they did to make Adams seem like an actual character and not a caricature. She was proactive and part of the plot in a way that never felt like a contrivance. That's me.
I feel the exact opposite. I thought her role in Man Of Steel was one of the more contrived roles I've ever seen. Everything after she finds Clark on the farm was blatantly contrived to me. She didn't need to be on Zod's ship, that scene was set up solely to have Jor-El tell her the plan to stop Zod's so they had a reason for her to be involved in the military campaign to stop the World Engine, which she didn't need to be there for even after learning how to stop Zod. Then there was the ridiculous way they set it up for her to magically be able to show up at the Train Station just in time to see Superman snap Zod's neck and comfort Superman. I understand why they did it, you don't hire an A-List actress to sit on the sidelines the entire time but I hope they can find better ways to keep her involved than throw her into all the action and force her into situations that don't call for her character to be there like they did in Man Of Steel.

I also hope that Terrio will be able to write her character better, I thought Lois' dialogue was pretty bad in Man Of Steel. Don't get me wrong, Man of Steel is one of my favorite comic book movies despite it's flaws but Lois' characterization and contrived presence was one of the bigger flaws for me.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #10
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
They are....THE JUSTICE LEAGUE.

H.E.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:51 AM   #11
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I feel the same way Sawyer.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #12
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Seeing them charge into battle together is going to make me feel like that little boy in the JL episode where they fight the villains in the middle of a football game. "Get em'!"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #13
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I love how racially diverse the Justice League is so far.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #14
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Hey Phantasm, been a while.
I agree.

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

W.H.O.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #15
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I think it's awesome.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:19 AM   #16
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I agree - the casting seems spot on.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #17
matt47
Side-Kick

Who would you all say your are most...concerned about?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:26 AM   #18
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
I would say that it would be a tie between Gal and Jason for me personally.

If they knock it out of the park in both DOJ and JL, then I'll feel a lot better for when their solo films come out.

I'm not saying either are terrible actors, but I can't recall seeing anything memorable from them either.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #19
Chip Chipperson
FOR YOU

Quote:
Gal's acting ability, I've never seen her in anything, and she's most known for fast and furious movies.... so ehhh on that.

Granted we haven't seen Fisher in anything, but from the little I've seen of him, he looks very charismatic, and he's a stage actor so I think he'll be just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Then it will be just like The Dark Knight Rises! :o
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #20
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about how well Gal is able to translate her obvious personal charisma into the character of Wonder Woman. There's no guarantee that just because she may have tested well that she's a slam dunk in the part. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt since what I have seen her in doesn't disqualify her to my mind either.

I am also similar of mind about Jesse. He's a very good actor and deserves all the accolades he is given. However I can see it perhaps being a mistake to cast him as Luthor. However, he IS a good actor and if the presentation is right, then all the things that some look at as weaknesses in his casting will become strengths. We shall see I suppose.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #21
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

Two of my favorite characters are Flash(Barry) and Green Lantern(Hal) so all I really hope, assuming they're the one's used, are that they get the personalities right.
I'm not all that worried about performances as I'm easily pleased.
I'd like Barry to be a likable, smart every man, like he is. The more relatable, even tempered one. That's why I like the character. Incredibly powerful but approachable. Like Clark. But with the subtle apprehension that comes from not being bulletproof. Like Gustin.

Hal needs to be over-confident/cocky and headstrong.
That plays off well with the rest of the League.

Of course that's my wishlist JL.
I don't know what they'll really be in the movies.
It's hard to put a damper on my excitement for these movies. Bad characterization would a little.
I'm open enough to expect tweaks but fan enough to have an idea of what I'd like to see already.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #22
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tv's Phil View Post
Two of my favorite characters are Flash(Barry) and Green Lantern(Hal) so all I really hope, assuming they're the one's used, are that they get the personalities right.
I'm not all that worried about performances as I'm easily pleased.
I'd like Barry to be a likable, smart every man, like he is. The more relatable, even tempered one. That's why I like the character. Incredibly powerful but approachable. Like Clark. But with the subtle apprehension that comes from not being bulletproof. Like Gustin.

Hal needs to be over-confident/cocky and headstrong.
That plays off well with the rest of the League.

Of course that's my wishlist JL.
I don't know what they'll really be in the movies.
It's hard to put a damper on my excitement for these movies. Bad characterization would a little.
I'm open enough to expect tweaks but fan enough to have an idea of what I'd like to see already.
Agreed

Hal adds a lot to the team dynamic and his dynamic with Barry in particular would be something awesome to see on screen

Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #23
matt47
Side-Kick

Yay, just got a late birthday present from my friend in the army

Old 10-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #24
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
lol; and they could even turn it around and actually have Batman play the good cop for once.

Both heroes close in on a drug dealer who has a huge fetish for various/several luxurious imported cars. The dude refuses to talk so Superman starts using his heat vision to blow up each car, with Batman saying that he'll ask Superman to stop if the drug dealer talks.lol
that reminds me of Superman/Batman: generations. In the first issue, they basically both play bad cop

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 10-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #25
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jesse Eisenberg. I just don't see anything that leads me to believe he can be a credible villain, let alone an iconic one like Lex Luthor. Playing a slimy Facebook nerd or a cheesy evil twin is one thing, playing Lex Luthor is another. I just don't see it.

I'm not nearly as impressed with Ezra Miller as most here seem to be. I don't see this massive star potential everyone is talking about, he seems pretty run of mil to me. He's too effeminate to play a superhero, at least to the standard I prefer.

I don't think either of them will be bad but I was definitely hoping for more commanding actors for these roles. It's not just they're physical appearance, though that does play a role but I don't think either are domineering enough from any aspect to play their roles, again, at least not to the standard I prefer these characters to be portrayed. Obviously, Snyder and company are going for a different approach. I'll give them both a fair chance once the movie comes out but I think I'll always be alittle disappointed with these choices just because I think both roles could have been cast better. I think they passed over ALOT of people for both roles that were better fits (not just my top choices but many others).

Affleck is a safe bet to give a solid performance, I'm not expecting him to become the on-screen definitive Batman like some are, I think that's wishful thinking and highly unlikely but I do think he will be more than passable. I think Momoa is a good fit for Aquaman, he's not the greatest actor but I think this role is right in his wheelhouse. I think it's a role that's a great match for what he is good at as an actor.

As for Gal, as long as the character is written well I think she'll be OK. I guess I'd be more concerned if I cared more about Wonder Woman. For me, it's more about dialogue and believability in action scenes for Wonder Woman, as long as those two are on point I doubt I'll have a problem.