The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #526
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Post iconic/memorable scenes you would like to see adapted for Batman vs. Superma

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #527
Reiter
Banned User

Default Re: Post iconic/memorable scenes you would like to see adapted for Batman vs. Superma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I'm not sure if everyone would like something like that (it's pretty serious and not much in terms of "light-hearted fun"), but I think it'd be great.

It could also make for some good drama with antagonists like Luthor. To most people, superman is doing a good thing here. He's standing up for someone who can't stand up for himself. From another perspective, superman is interfering with the innermost aspects of peoples' lives in ways that even law enforcers aren't always privy to. By doing things like this, superman is making a powerful statement and some might not take kindly to him admonishing wrong-doers in a manner that supersedes human law.

On the less dire end of things, I just love seeing superman interact with kids. Obviously people of all ages can appreciate being rescued by him, but can you imagine how a child might feel after being rescued by (or even just meeting) a flying strongman in a cape? He'd be magical and awe-inspiring to them. And vice versa. Superman would surely appreciate child-like wonder and optimism.

Or this, perhaps the best scene from All Star:

Mark Waid’s intro to ALL-STAR SUPERMAN vol. 2:
Quote:
“But the big moment is the perfect line of dialogue. It comes in Chapter Ten, when Superman, without a second’s hesitation, takes time from his world-building feats to embrace and comfort a suicidal young girl. When he tells her, “You’re much stronger than you think you are,” they become the most moving words we have ever read in a Superman story. And they are perfect because they reveal, in one sentence, the fundamental secret of Superman and why we love him so: Gods achieve their power by encouraging us to believe in them. Superman achieves his power by believing in us.”

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #528
smallville fan
Hero

This :

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #529
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

See... That moment in All Star is pure, unadulterated SuperJesus/Messiah stuff. It's an omnicient, omnipresent being interceding in an individuals life as an example of his mission to all people every where. I don't have a problem with that in the least when it's either subtle or overt, but it's part and parcel of the mythic appeal of the character and it's not going away. Sure Supes is like Moses in some aspects... But he's WAY more like Christ.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #530
serendipity
Side-Kick

"When one has weighed the sun in the balance, and measured the steps of the moon, and mapped out the seven heavens, there still remains oneself. Who can calculate the orbit of his own soul?" - Oscar Wilde
serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #531
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
See... That moment in All Star is pure, unadulterated SuperJesus/Messiah stuff. It's an omnicient, omnipresent being interceding in an individuals life as an example of his mission to all people every where. I don't have a problem with that in the least when it's either subtle or overt, but it's part and parcel of the mythic appeal of the character and it's not going away. Sure Supes is like Moses in some aspects... But he's WAY more like Christ.
I only have a problem when it's done the wrong way. Instead of showing Superman be a superdad or superbro and helping people at need, you show him in a church with a jesus drawing behind him as he speaks, leaving a spaceship in a crusible pose, etc. That's the overt and frankly, empty symbolism of SM as Jesus.

But I'd rather not start the "MOS sucks" discussion again.

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #532
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The messiah stuff is there no matter how you put the parts together, and neither moments in MOS phased me in the least, but then again I made my peace with superheroes working on the human mind based on belief and irrationality as religion/mythology/fairy tales do a long time ago. Overt or covert visuals or themes don't bother me.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #533
MrsKent26
Whatever.

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #534
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

^yes!!

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #535
dnno1
Side-Kick

Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #536
dnno1
Side-Kick

Nod to "Sucker Punch".

Old 07-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #537
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #538
dnno1
Side-Kick

Old 07-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #539
dnno1
Side-Kick

Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #540
D.P.
Banned User

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #541
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #542
matt47
Side-Kick

ahahaha That's great!!!

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #543
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I WANT BATFLECK TO SAY THIS... THAT WOULD BE FRICKEN AMAZING.. I think this has to be one of the best dialogues in comic book history

BMCAABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #544
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
He was promoting MOS - not BvS. Plus, the film is called Batman v Superman. They will have a physical encounter together, and this film wouldn't even be relevant if they didn't find a way for the two characters to balance each other out physically. Above all, if this is truly a sequel to MOS and Superman is the protagonist, it's necessary for the film to raise as many stakes against the main character as possible - which means establishing Batman as a major threat to Superman's objectives and well-being. What's the best way to do that? By having Batman somehow "beat" Superman in an encounter. Of course since they are promoting both characters, Superman will defeat Batman in some way before they ally against a common enemy.

Also, just for a sheer surprise factor and to keep audiences interested, it's best to play on their expectations that Superman can defeat a human being only to have the rug sweeped from under them when the opposite happens. It would help build some suspense.
I think he was referring to if batman and superman were to fight with no emotions, no friendship existing and no talking to each other. So tbh everyone has the same opinion superman is extremely strong he could realistic flick batman and he will die but batman would likely slow him down enough so he doesn't get flicked to death instantly lol

BMCAABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #545
ElectroFlare
Mightiest Mortal

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The specific line I'm hoping to get is near the end, about 2:28 or so. It'll be hard to pull off since they're just meeting in this movie, but if fine right it could be great.

My phone is being difficult in posting the video. Here's the link

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Part 7: http://youtu.be/XhS1pvVNlJ4

Gut instinct predictions-Ben Affleck will rock as Batman. DoFP will bomb. Guardians of the Galaxy will be great. Winter Soldier will be the best of Phase 2. Age of Ultron will under-achieve. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.
Oooga-chaka Oooga-chaka

Last edited by ElectroFlare; 07-07-2014 at 03:04 AM.
ElectroFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #546
dnno1
Side-Kick

Last edited by dnno1; 07-07-2014 at 08:49 AM.
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #547
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

found on tumbler by a friend.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #548
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Old 07-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #549
Hazarddude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post

Is this year one? Okay it is, I've only seen the movie. It would be ****ing awesome to see this scene happen when Batfleck is feeling like he can no longer fight and then the Bat revives him! Oh I can't wait until this movie!!

Last edited by Hazarddude; 07-12-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Hazarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #550
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Is this year one?
It's from Grant Morrison and David Finch's Batman: The Return #1 (One Shot). The scene itself is based on Year One, though.