The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #251
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
That piece on Marvel's alleged conflict with the Avengers' cast over money.
Yeah what was that about???

Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #252
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Also, anyone not recognize Fandral? In the painting, he looks more like the first film actor, then the new one.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I never watched "Chuck" so I thought maybe it was just because I'm not too familiar with Levi, but I don't think he looks like other photos I've seen of him.

It's certainly him, of course. I just thought I needed to get my eyes checked because the shot in the poster doesn't scream Zachary Levi. Glad I'm not the only one.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #253
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Volstagg looks a hell of a lot better here than he did in the first movie. His beard looked pretty obviously fake to me. And yay for bearded Hogun but still not happy with the actor. Should have been Michael Wincott. Oh well.
I agree Volstagg looks a hell of a lot better, but I think Tad fits Hogun quite well and Hogun is my favorite of the three.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #254
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I never watched "Chuck" so I thought maybe it was just because I'm not too familiar with Levi, but I don't think he looks like other photos I've seen of him.

It's certainly him, of course. I just thought I needed to get my eyes checked because the shot in the poster doesn't scream Zachary Levi. Glad I'm not the only one.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this too. I loved him on Chuck and while he isn't going to look like he did there, even the twitter pics of him with blonde hair still look like how I expect him to look. I think it's probably a combination of the lighting/angle/action shot/distance. I'm sure he'll look more himself in the film.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #255
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Can't wait for this trailer.

So awesome getting a CBM outside of summer for a change. Love that Marvel is shuffling it up.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #256
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post

So awesome getting a CBM outside of summer for a change. Love that Marvel is shuffling it up.
+1

I agree on both counts. The next couple of days will crawl by, but I love that I have one more Marvel film left to look forward to before the year ends (and my most anticipated one, to boot!)

Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #257
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ant-Man will come out in winter of 2015, so Marvel may be making that a trend.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #258
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Darcy was fine, I felt that she was pretty amusing. I'd like her to get something a little more substantive to do in this film, besides just be funny. For the record, she does look somewhat look Ultimate Hela, Kat Dennings as an evil (or at least morally grey) goddess would be interesting to see.
Kat sort of played a morally grey temptress girl in the movie Daydream Nation, where her 18 year old character was having a relationship with her high school teacher and one of her classmates at the same time. If you want to have an idea of what she could do with a character like that, watch that movie. It's weird, but very well directed.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #259
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post

Yeah that's a very positve way to think about it, I think this time of the year suits Thor better.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #260
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Welcome BACK Sea Hammer! I missed this post lastnight. Man I am GLAD the Warriors Three are still in the movies. I was worried they'd get cut because of the other worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
I generally feel the same way. BTW, I just remembered this interview with Ray Stevenson from awhile back. It might be encouraging, as it at least points to a little bit more exploration of Volstagg and his motivations:

from: http://www.movieweb.com/news/ray-ste...the-dark-world

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #261
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I agree Volstagg looks a hell of a lot better, but I think Tad fits Hogun quite well and Hogun is my favorite of the three.
I still wish they would give a tip of the hat so to speak and show Volstagg's helmet from the comics somewhere

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #262
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Alternatively, "Some people like to try and sink productions they don't like or generate hits for their garbage websites or blogs by spreading bogus rumors."
In the case of the Thor rumormonger, he's a guy with a sketchy Internet past which includes allegedly ingratiating himself with certain composers, hoping to release soundtracks. His motive could have been to cause problems for Marvel and/or Taylor because of Carter Burwell's firing. That would have been defending his friend by making it seem that Taylor was having professional problems or Marvel was meddling in the film. He's still at it behind the scenes, from what I've read, and seems to have it in for Taylor.

If I remembered his full name (it's Ford somethingorother) I'd Google him again because there is some very interesting stuff about him on various message boards. His defenders might say that those were just rumors and hearsay, which is ironically what I would say about his post that caused all the uproar.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #263
Angel
Side-Kick

he's name is Ford A. Thaxton

Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #264
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
he's name is Ford A. Thaxton
Welp.... I got my fake name to use when I go on the lam. Goodbye Rusty Shackleford, hellooooo Ford A. Thaxton.... Jr. SHEESHAW!!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #265
ctsketch
Side-Kick

almost forgot we get a trailer this week!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #266
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Same! *insert My Body Is Ready gif here*

Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #267
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Welcome BACK Sea Hammer! I missed this post lastnight. Man I am GLAD the Warriors Three are still in the movies. I was worried they'd get cut because of the other worlds
Thanks Vartha!

Even if it isn't as much as I would like, it sounds like the W3 will have enough to do in this film.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #268
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Just saw this news item pop up on my twitter:

'Iron Man 3' Blu-ray contains 'Thor: The Dark World' on set feature

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #269
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Old 08-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #270
Loki882
Side-Kick

I wonder if they're ever going to introduce Balder. He wasn't in the first film and he doesn't appear to be in this one either. He's a pretty big character and I'd like to see him at some points.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #271
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #272
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

Hello new Loki image!!!!

edit: wonder what he's reading

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #273
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Uh oh. Cue the Loki fangirls.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #274
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I wonder what book he's reading. Wouldn't have guessed Asgard has many writers lol. Maybe Thor went to Barnes and Noble to pick some stuff out for him before they left Earth in Avengers hehe

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #275
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Hello new Loki image!!!!

edit: wonder what he's reading
Magic for Dummies?
How to Lose a War in 10 Days?
The Great Houdini And Other Escape Artists?

Closed Thread