The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #276
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Magic for Dummies?
How to Lose a War in 10 Days?
The Great Houdini And Other Escape Artists?
Twilight.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #277
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

The trailer can't get here any sooner. I wish there was a short teaser like the IM3 trailers, kinda like a trailer for another trailer.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #278
divan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Twilight.
Nah. I don't see Odin being that cruel.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #279
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
The trailer can't get here any sooner. I wish there was a short teaser like the IM3 trailers, kinda like a trailer for another trailer.
Ha, that's the first time I've actually seen someone want one of those. I don't mind them, but most people love to ***** about about them.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #280
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Ha, that's the first time I've actually seen someone want one of those. I don't mind them, but most people love to ***** about about them.
At first all we would get was just a 10-second clip on Entertainment Tonight, the night before the trailer struck. But then it became a 3-second online Vine clip teasing the 10-second ET clip teasing the 30-second online teaser teasing the full trailer. That is precisely when it got out of hand.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #281
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Hello new Loki image!!!!

edit: wonder what he's reading
OH haha, hm, it's probably that mythology book, why would he be reading about the dark elves? While prisoned? Perhaps the other tells him?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #282
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Uh oh. Cue the Loki fangirls.
eeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEee oh! uh umhrrrm uh hey buddy.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #283
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Looks good, but I was really expecting them to do something with that plain white room in post-production. It looks strangely out of place in the otherwise ornate setting of Asgard, but I suppose that's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
OH haha, hm, it's probably that mythology book, why would he be reading about the dark elves? While prisoned? Perhaps the other tells him?
I agree, it would be cool if it was the "Book of Yggdrasil" from SDCC.
...or maybe he's hiding an ipad in there, and he's really looking at perverse fangirling on Tumblr...

Old 08-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #284
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
At first all we would get was just a 10-second clip on Entertainment Tonight, the night before the trailer struck. But then it became a 3-second online Vine clip teasing the 10-second ET clip teasing the 30-second online teaser teasing the full trailer. That is precisely when it got out of hand.
yup didn't like those short snippets. I liked watching Entertainment Tonight back in IM marketing days...

Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #285
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Welp.... I got my fake name to use when I go on the lam. Goodbye Rusty Shackleford, hellooooo Ford A. Thaxton.... Jr. SHEESHAW!!
Hahahahahahahahaha I love King of The Hill it's probably one of my favorite show ever.

Awesome reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Magic for Dummies?
How to Lose a War in 10 Days?
The Great Houdini And Other Escape Artists?
Kudos for this post, it's hilarious.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 08-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #286
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Same! *insert My Body Is Ready gif here*
This would be the right gif, even if can't beat that new Loki image.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #287
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

btw, I love how Loki's costume is. It reminds me of comic Loki. The material seems softer, its not heavy, nor shiny, same with Thor's. I hope the costumes stay this way.

Also, I STILL would prefer a beard-less thor

Old 08-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #288
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Just saw this news item pop up on my twitter:

'Iron Man 3' Blu-ray contains 'Thor: The Dark World' on set feature
sssSaWEET! Can't WAIT

....to every King.

if the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized

Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #289
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
btw, I love how Loki's costume is. It reminds me of comic Loki. The material seems softer, its not heavy, nor shiny, same with Thor's. I hope the costumes stay this way.
I agree. It seems to be his casual clothes. I think there will be another, more armored costume, too. It's cool to see Thor and Loki in more than one costume, especially in asgardian clothes for everyday.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #290
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Looks good, but I was really expecting them to do something with that plain white room in post-production. It looks strangely out of place in the otherwise ornate setting of Asgard, but I suppose that's the point.
I love Loki/Tom, but this pic looks a bit off to me. Guess it's just me, but I thought it almost looked like Tom's head on another body--looks off around the neck, and the legs don't look like Tom's uber long legs. I guess it's just the angle of the photo . . . ?

BTW, I think he's reading the new JK Rowling book. Probably got hooked on her work while he was on Midgard . . .

Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #291
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I love Loki/Tom, but this pic looks a bit off to me. Guess it's just me, but I thought it almost looked like Tom's head on another body--looks off around the neck, and the legs don't look like Tom's uber long legs. I guess it's just the angle of the photo . . . ?

BTW, I think he's reading the new JK Rowling book. Probably got hooked on her work while he was on Midgard . . .

The head is very off, pretty sure that is the work of photoshop. It is also too small and looks weird in his posture. Wonder what they are hiding with it

Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #292
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

No, not just you=). Many think that this pic is weird in some uncanny-valley-photoshop-way.

Here is one quote for example explaining what is so wrong with it:

"His head looks photoshopped on the body. Then the body looks like itís photoshopped in the picture. His head is at an odd angle, his neck is too short, they did a LOUSY job at the shadows aroun Loki especially where his arm is and it pains my Graphic Design eyes. Ugh the shadows in Lokiís face are too flat and also the light seems to appear from the left side of the picture yet the part of Lokiís face that faces the light is darkened which makes no sense, there should be high lights on his face too."

Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #293
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
The head is very off, pretty sure that is the work of photoshop. It is also too small and looks weird in his posture. Wonder what they are hiding with it
Tom has a long neck and it doesn't look swan-like here. Plus, now that I think of it--that's not his prison hair! Yeah, I think it's Photoshop.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #294
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
No, not just you=). Many think that this pic is weird in some uncanny-valley-photoshop-way.

Here is one quote for example explaining what is so wrong with it:

"His head looks photoshopped on the body. Then the body looks like itís photoshopped in the picture. His head is at an odd angle, his neck is too short, they did a LOUSY job at the shadows aroun Loki especially where his arm is and it pains my Graphic Design eyes. Ugh the shadows in Lokiís face are too flat and also the light seems to appear from the left side of the picture yet the part of Lokiís face that faces the light is darkened which makes no sense, there should be high lights on his face too."
That just about covers it!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #295
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tom has a long neck and it doesn't look swan-like here. Plus, now that I think of it--that's not his prison hair! Yeah, I think it's Photoshop.
But why bother to photoshop some small promo image? That is the real question...

Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #296
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
But why bother to photoshop some small promo image? That is the real question...
Maybe his expression wasn't fitting for the poster or his face revealed something that Marvel wants to hide until the movie comes out?

tumblr is speculating that the scene might take place during the Marauders' prison stint, so maybe his real head would reveal too much...

Aditionately, pasting another head onto that image really doesn't take a lot of work in PS, so no biggie.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #297
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
To capitalize on Loki-mania? And maybe just for the fun of it--it's a cute image and grabs your attention.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #298
Moonwing
Side-Kick

The movie almost complete its post-production circle (not counting small reshoots) - they should have some good&clear images for promotion (fist day counter card had old, first trailer picture, the second day counter card is a Frankenstein`s monster of photoshop) so I am little scared what we will gen on the third counter card...

Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #299
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Welp.... I got my fake name to use when I go on the lam. Goodbye Rusty Shackleford, hellooooo Ford A. Thaxton.... Jr. SHEESHAW!!
I'll stick with Turd Ferguson.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #300
steintym
Stay Frosty

If you look real close, you might even have to blow up the pic, you can see a hint of what he's reading.

It appears to be an Asgardian nudie mag tucked in the center of that book.

Closed Thread