The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #301
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

I think some of you guys might have scrutinized this picture for too long and now your brain is playing tricks on you and you're seeing photoshopping that isn't there. I don't mean that as an insult, because I think that happens to me a lot too. I'll be struck by some odd lighting or angle and once it's been seen I can't unsee it. But scrutinizing this pic I just don't see any clear photoshop fingerprints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Uh oh. Cue the Loki fangirls.
Do not tempt me, bb, I could go on about him all evening.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #302
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
If you look real close, you might even have to blow up the pic, you can see a hint of what he's reading.

It appears to be an Asgardian nudie mag tucked in the center of that book.
Ha! Naughty Loki! I wonder who the centerfold is.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #303
Loki882
Side-Kick

I have to say that Loki's punishment is a lot less severe than what I would have expected from Odin. His cell is even pretty nice and he has books to read. In EMH, Odin has a enormous snake drip venom in his eyes for all eternity.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #304
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I have to say that Loki's punishment is a lot less severe than what I would have expected from Odin. His cell is even pretty nice and he has books to read. In EMH, Odin has a enormous snake drip venom in his eyes for all eternity.
In the TDW Prelude comic Odin tells Loki the only reason he doesn't kill him is for the sake of Frigga who still loves him.

This poor tragic family.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #305
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, in all fairness, he doesn't have a chair. . . how cruel is that?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #306
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Trailer is too fait away.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #307
Loki882
Side-Kick

Odin doesn't have to kill him, I would expect him to torture Loki without mercy and just not tell Frigga (comics Odin is a dick like that).

Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #308
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Odin doesn't have to kill him, I would expect him to torture Loki without mercy and just not tell Frigga (comics Odin is a dick like that).
You ever lie to a mother? I don't care if Odin is the All-Father, it would not work out well.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #309
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

I don't think lying to Frigga would end very well.

And in all honesty, recent interviews with TH imply that Loki went through some pretty unpleasant experiences in between Thor and Avengers. I don't think pain is really anything new. The removal of his freedom is probably worse to Loki than physical suffering would be.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #310
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

will Loki's shapeshifting be featured in this film? I also hope that Surtur is awakened...

Old 08-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #311
Ezio Auditore
Side-Kick

Alan Taylor and Tom Hiddleston at SDCC!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #312
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
btw, I love how Loki's costume is. It reminds me of comic Loki. The material seems softer, its not heavy, nor shiny, same with Thor's. I hope the costumes stay this way.

Also, I STILL would prefer a beard-less thor
I'm the opposite, I prefer Thor WITH the beard.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #313
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore View Post

It seems they're having a good time. That's nice to know.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #314
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore View Post

Taylor totally looks like a miserable angry dude who's been battling it out with Marvel for the last few months.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #315
Thor Odinson
Mightiest Avenger

LOL. Exactly what I thought, Whiskey.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #316
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I love Loki/Tom, but this pic looks a bit off to me. Guess it's just me, but I thought it almost looked like Tom's head on another body--looks off around the neck, and the legs don't look like Tom's uber long legs. I guess it's just the angle of the photo . . . ?

BTW, I think he's reading the new JK Rowling book. Probably got hooked on her work while he was on Midgard . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
The head is very off, pretty sure that is the work of photoshop. It is also too small and looks weird in his posture. Wonder what they are hiding with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
No, not just you=). Many think that this pic is weird in some uncanny-valley-photoshop-way.

Here is one quote for example explaining what is so wrong with it:

"His head looks photoshopped on the body. Then the body looks like itís photoshopped in the picture. His head is at an odd angle, his neck is too short, they did a LOUSY job at the shadows aroun Loki especially where his arm is and it pains my Graphic Design eyes. Ugh the shadows in Lokiís face are too flat and also the light seems to appear from the left side of the picture yet the part of Lokiís face that faces the light is darkened which makes no sense, there should be high lights on his face too."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Tom has a long neck and it doesn't look swan-like here. Plus, now that I think of it--that's not his prison hair! Yeah, I think it's Photoshop.
Guys, lol no disrespect at all, but, what? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I think some of you guys might have scrutinized this picture for too long and now your brain is playing tricks on you and you're seeing photoshopping that isn't there. I don't mean that as an insult, because I think that happens to me a lot too. I'll be struck by some odd lighting or angle and once it's been seen I can't unsee it. But scrutinizing this pic I just don't see any clear photoshop fingerprints.

Do not tempt me, bb, I could go on about him all evening.
This

Old 08-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #317
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

yeah I dunno where the photoshop comments are coming from. if anything it looks a little clean, like it might have some airbrushing but why the hell would they change his head? That's weird.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #318
Angel
Side-Kick

Is it just me or does Loki look more buffed up?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #319
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

Hey, you know how things are in the pen... He's got a lot of time to lift, do push ups, squats ect. And since he's in solitary, no worries about forced sodomy.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #320
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
It does look like tom added about 10 or so pounds, which is good. Loki shouldn't be nearly as big as thor, but he shouldn't be skinny. Asgardians all have super human strength, so I'd prefer Loki, while not buff, to look some what physically capable of being that strong, not just because he is.

Also, what the hell happened to Loki in the comics? When was the last time he had some impressive, or good feats? I remember he used to be quite powerful under his own magic and power. Hell, he fought the silver surfer in the past and looked damn good doing so. I used to think that Loki could most certainly tangle with any herald level character, but now these days, idk

I mean look at this,

the guy has one shotted beta ray bill it seems like

Last edited by jaqua99; 08-06-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #321
Angel
Side-Kick

it's very interesting because that photo looks like he just started to be in prison and has nice prison clothes but the teaser trailer shows him with a different outfit, messed up hair and he looks thinner so it's probably after that photo he had to lose weight.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #322
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Taylor totally looks like a miserable angry dude who's been battling it out with Marvel for the last few months.

see what you did there lol

Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #323
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
He's happy because Marvel decide to cut his "timeout" short and let hang out with the rest of the children at SDCC for playtime

Old 08-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #324
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Well Loki in the MCU is nowhere near hearald level, he's a bit above Iron Man level at best. To say the least he's been very disappointment power wise, Marvel really drops the ball on some characters powerlevels.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #325
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
To say the least he's been very disappointment power wise, Marvel really drops the ball on some characters powerlevels.
It`s because he is a mage and marvel is shy of doing magic properly. I do not understand why (maybe they think it will not go well with si-fi nature of MCU, or will look goofy) but hope that Dr.Strange will change that.

Closed Thread