The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #751
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Tony Stark, no, I was simply stating that she is the one person that Loki still cares about.
yes I agree.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #752
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Marvel is like Pixar. Disney owns them but they still have there Independence. Kevin Feige is in control of Marvel Studios. Disney execs have no say in what Marvel does. They are just there to get paid.
This is why the guy who runs Pixar now also runs Disney Animated Studios. No conflict of interest in anyone's independence.

Marvel Studios run themselves. But they do not have free reign on everything. They just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Because Marvel doesn't want it. That's already been proven. No need to stir up something that isn't there. Disney has a track record of being hands-off with their acquired studios. Feige said before that he didn't want to go with the alcoholic angle and there's absolutely no reason to blame Disney for that continuing decision.

The original script also had Tony using the F word multiple times. Feige said he couldn't use it, so they took that out. It's the same thing with the alcohol stuff.
This is going to be my last post on the subject, because it is getting ridiculous. But I'll just say this. Pre-sale, Tony spent a lot of time drinking. Even in the Avengers, he found a chance to make a drink. In IM3, I don't think he actually drinks. That just seems really convenient.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #753
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
hmmmmm. Portman's acting in the first movie was bad. but in this trailer its horrible. everything else looks like a decent low budget Marvel movie. low budget is still an expensive movie. but compared to other blockbuster this is cheap. the movie looks good. thumbs up.
Just going to laugh at a response like this. "Low budget"???

You're attempting to take Portman's line out of context. Shouldn't you wait to see the full scene as well as the rest of her acting in the movie before towering over it's grave?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #754
Loki882
Side-Kick

Portman's acting wasn't terrible in the first film. George Clooney in B&R, that was terrible acting, Megan Fox in anything, terrible. Portman was good for what she was given to do. Also, trailers are misleading.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #755
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I really like how vicious Loki appears to be, specifically in that shot of the white room when the objects go flying into the glass. Reminds me of the TK kid in "Looper" when he's angry.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #756
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
hmmmmm. Portman's acting in the first movie was bad. but in this trailer its horrible. everything else looks like a decent low budget Marvel movie. low budget is still an expensive movie. but compared to other blockbuster this is cheap. the movie looks good. thumbs up.
She just doesn't care in these movies. It is pretty amusing. Especially considering everyone else seems to really care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I agree with Tony Stark a few posts ago.

I have a hunch that Frigga dies at the hands of Malekith (as we see they actually battle in this trailer) ..... and it's that situation that will bring Loki to attempt to redeem himself. I mean after all, it was Frigga who's basically kept Odin from killing him for his atrocities.
Any attempt from Loki of doing the right thing will never end with it being pure. No matter how his intentions start.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #757
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Cool trailer. I enjoyed the first film despite a few issues. This looks like a vast improvement.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #758
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Any attempt from Loki of doing the right thing will never end with it being pure. No matter how his intentions start.
Won't find me arguing that ..... he's always going to be the guy toeing the line.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #759
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Portman's acting wasn't terrible in the first film. George Clooney in B&R, that was terrible acting, Megan Fox in anything, terrible. Portman was good for what she was given to do. Also, trailers are misleading.
The "love story" that was supposed to develop between Thor and Jane just didn't do it for me. She acted like a schoolgirl who went into squeals when she saw him shirtless. I'm hoping they give her (and the relationship) a bit more depth in this movie.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #760
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Won't find me arguing that ..... he's always going to be the guy toeing the line.
I do like the theory though. It makes good sense considering certain shots in the two trailers. I just think it will end up being self-serving for him.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #761
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
PTSD and panic attacks are an acceptable substitute for booze. Loki and Frigga should get at least one scene together. I saw no evidence in the first movie that he hated her at all.

The deleted scenes from THOR shed a lot of light on Loki and Frigga's mother/son bond. It, and the pre coranation scene with Loki and Thor really should have been kept in.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #762
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
This is going to be my last post on the subject, because it is getting ridiculous. But I'll just say this. Pre-sale, Tony spent a lot of time drinking. Even in the Avengers, he found a chance to make a drink. In IM3, I don't think he actually drinks. That just seems really convenient.
Avengers was post-sale, so... Not sure how you argue that Disney is somehow now calling the drinking shots (lol). It's been Feige all along. There's absolutely nothing that shows Disney has somehow stepped in to say anything different.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #763
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem with the love story in the first film was the time frame. I would have had the movie takes place over at least a few weeks, probably a few months. That would have given them more time to develop the relationship. Maybe the crazy stuff they seem to be going through here will help.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #764
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
The problem with the love story in the first film was the time frame. I would have had the movie takes place over at least a few weeks, probably a few months. That would have given them more time to develop the relationship. Maybe the crazy stuff they seem to be going through here will help.
Too many of these movies have rushed love stories (the first Thor, MoS, etc.). That's why I loved Peggy and Cap in TFA. Their involvement felt real and not rushed at all. If we have to have romance in every movie, I wish it would be more like that.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #765
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #766
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Avengers was post-sale, so... Not sure how you argue that Disney is somehow now calling the drinking shots (lol). It's been Feige all along. There's absolutely nothing that shows Disney has somehow stepped in to say anything different.
You made me break my promise. Anyways, the Avengers was made under the old deal. It is why Paramount was still at the start.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #767
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Too many of these movies have rushed love stories (the first Thor, MoS, etc.). That's why I loved Peggy and Cap in TFA. Their involvement felt real and not rushed at all. If we have to have romance in every movie, I wish it would be more like that.
Yeah, I think had they kept Jane the paramedic helping her dad's crazy scientist friend(Selvig) instead of making her the scientist, I think their story would of worked much better, as would Selvig being in Avengers, etc. This way she would of been the paramedic to help Thor after she hit him with a car, maybe even in the hospital with him, Thor could of witnessed her saving someone while risking her own life, etc...

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #768
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
You made me break my promise. Anyways, the Avengers was made under the old deal. It is why Paramount was still at the start.
Paramount just got their name attached, ASFAIK. They weren't involved with the marketing, etc.

Either way, you have yet to show any evidence to back up your claim, but continue to ignore evidence disproving it. Why?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #769
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
He is A god. And the gods, in Norse, Greek, and Roman mythology were raging sexaholics. So it's perfectly normal to think about sex scenes in this movie.
Yes, and a god having sex with a human is far from the weirdest thing that happens in that aspect.

For example, in Norse mythology Loki is the mother of Sleipnir (Odin's horse).

Old 08-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #770
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
This is why the guy who runs Pixar now also runs Disney Animated Studios. No conflict of interest in anyone's independence.

Marvel Studios run themselves. But they do not have free reign on everything. They just don't.

No they have free reign for now. Disney won't start screwing with them until they start losing money and making flops. Right now they are making butt loads of cash. I'm sure in the future Kevin Feige will be working directly for Disney if he keeps up his Marvel movie success streak.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #771
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
ha ha lol

also the elf second from left side look quite busy

Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #772
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Paramount just got their name attached, ASFAIK. They weren't involved with the marketing, etc.

Either way, you have yet to show any evidence to back up your claim, but continue to ignore evidence disproving it. Why?
What evidence? I actually posted video and someone posted quotes they shouldn't have considering the source. They were the same stuff from the video anyways.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #773
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

Give me a freaking break, the guy was hired because Disney's Animated studios has been flopping. Ever hear of "Mars needs Moms?" Disney hired someone with a successful track record to resurrect a failing division in Disney. A lot of people speculated they were going to hire Fiege after Rich Ross resigned following the John Carter bomb.

Again, you just make up stuff and then state it as fact. It's really annoying and you completely derailed the conversation here. Then again I think that was your intent.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #774
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
This looks like the most visually stunning Marvel move yet... low budget?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #775
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
No they have free reign for now. Disney won't start screwing with them until they start losing money and making flops. Right now they are making butt loads of cash. I'm sure in the future Kevin Feige will be working directly for Disney if he keeps up his Marvel movie success streak.
Exactly. Disney Studios proper has not been doing well as of late, adding Lone Ranger to their latest list of flops. Like they are going to go in and kill a profitable subsidiary?

- Ultron V
Closed Thread