The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #126
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypain View Post

Yeah......

Right down to the poses, and right back up to the hierarchy... unoriginal

Even has the same font... lmao
Don't forget Captain America

He may not have a woman wilting in his arms but he's got every other item on the Marvel movie poster checklist ticked of:
Hero in center...Check
Hero's left hand holding weapon...Check
Villian taking up a corner...Check
Side characters surrounding hero...Check
Random ship/machines just to take up space...Check

Now that I think about it Captain America wasn't just the first avenger, he was the first to do this list.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU

Last edited by I am Batman; 08-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #127
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

man that is a great poster.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #128
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Look at Odinīs shoulder

Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #129
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
That poster is cool, but yeah, really hope that's the last we see of female characters leaning up against the main hero.

Really hope they don't go that route with CA:TWS. Widow leans against NO man for protection! (Neither does Sharon or Maria Hill LOL!)

I'm not thrilled that the editors of T:TDW left. I'm not necessarily requiring this movie be 2 1/2 hours, especially if that starts to feel draggy, but I'm not sure that the guy who edits episodes of Revolution or Cowboys and Aliens (Lebental) is really instilling a lot of confidence in me. Granted, he did do IM... but he also did IM2.

I'm glad D23 is next week; I think that Thor's presence there will be telling about what Marvel's doing with this movie.
It'd be cool to see Cap and Widow leaning against each other, but back to back, like partners in action!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #130
Lord
All Mighty

Maybe in in Captain America 2's poster it's cap leaning against Black Widow for protection

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #131
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
I wouldn't read too much into that. The editing teams have been different on each MCU film with the exception of Dan Lebental who also edited IM & IM2 and is now apparently back for TDW.
Marvel really liked using Jeffrey Ford for a time. He co-edited IM3, CA:TFA, TA, and now he's doing CA:TWS. I would've thought they would bring him in to do re-edits on T:TDW instead of Dan Lebental.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #132
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Sif is on it. That is all I care about. But yeah, so unoriginal it is kinda of sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Nice poster, but it's annoyingly reminiscent of IM3. (Mainly the female love interest leaning against the hero.)

And it looks like more BTS folks departed with composer Burwell, like editors Malcolm Jamieson and Conrad Buff (they're gone too!). Now Dan Lebental and Wyatt Smith are editing the film.

I don't know, it looks like Marvel is giving Alan Taylor a hard time in post-production. Maybe it'll result in a better film, but I just don't know at this point...
What the hell? This whole thing is starting to scream interference.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 08-01-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #133
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Nice poster.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #134
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Hogun with facial hair! yay!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #135
kaypain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The Thor theatrical poster is way better than Iron Man 3's theatrical poster...even if they are exactly the same.
That makes no sense

Old 08-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #136
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Maybe in in Captain America 2's poster it's cap leaning against Black Widow for protection
LOL ..... I would laugh as it would piss off the hardcore poster critics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Hogun with facial hair! yay!
I never understood why he didn't have it in the first movie.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #137
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
That makes no sense
two things can be the same concept with one being executed better than the other....

Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #138
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
Don't forget Captain America

He may not have a woman wilting in his arms but he's got every other item on the Marvel movie poster checklist ticked of:
Hero in center...Check
Hero's left hand holding weapon...Check
Villian taking up a corner...Check
Side characters surrounding hero...Check
Random ship/machines just to take up space...Check

Now that I think about it Captain America wasn't just the first avenger, he was the first to do this list.
Iron Man isn't holding a weapon... it's a high-tech prosthesis.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #139
J.Howlett

Quote:
That makes no sense
It's about execution. Thor's poster looks like art work. Iron Man's looks like photoshop.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #140
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's about execution. Thor's poster looks like art work. Iron Man's looks like photoshop.
YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Look at Odinīs shoulder
Odin looks pretty badass
also does anyone got a link to bigger size of the poster?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #141
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

I like most of the Thor poster and I think it does look better than the Iron Man 3 one, but they really need to cut it out with the love interest leaning on the hero. Women go to see these movies as well and the poster gives off the wrong impression. Sif is awesome in that she's a woman and kicks total ass. If they make a Thor 3 and she becomes Thor's love interest, I will lose it if she's on the poster in the same position as Jane is in.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #142
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree. It helps that it doesn't incorporate an image that we've already seen in a previously released separate character poster.

Btw, anyone notice that we don't see Thor's right hand here?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #143
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I agree. It helps that it doesn't incorporate an image that we've already seen in a previously released separate character poster.

Btw, anyone notice that we don't see Thor's right hand here?
lol
Also if you look carefully you can catch a silhouette of Venom

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #144
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Yeah, both posters are clearly similar but the Thor one is way better executed.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #145
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's all about the color filters they used that give them those looks. I see it but orange tones always seem to make things look a bit less arty for some reason. I think it works since IM3 was supposed to be realistic while Thor: TDW is more fantastical, which the blue tones helps convey.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #146
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Look at Odinīs shoulder
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #147
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
I like most of the Thor poster and I think it does look better than the Iron Man 3 one, but they really need to cut it out with the love interest leaning on the hero. Women go to see these movies as well and the poster gives off the wrong impression. Sif is awesome in that she's a woman and kicks total ass. If they make a Thor 3 and she becomes Thor's love interest, I will lose it if she's on the poster in the same position as Jane is in.
Given what we've seen about the movie, the pose makes sense
for Pepper in IM3, not as much, and Widow or Sharon Carter in Cap should definitely not be in that pose.
But Jane's a small, easily breakable (by asgardian standards at least), normal human woman
Between Thor grabbing her to fly her to Asgard, or trying to save her from Malekith, or Loki, or Kurse, she needs his protection, like it or not...

Old 08-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #148
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Hahaha

Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #149
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
This made me laugh out loud. That would be refreshing indeed.

The Thor poster is beautiful, but I can't help cringe a bit at the "ooh, save me" pretty lady pose. I prefer the thoughtful look Jane had in the concept/art poster that came out, I think, for Comic Con.

And what's up with Loki--I can't tell if he's supposed to look diabolical or insane.

Last edited by LadyGeek; 08-01-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #150
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The poster is fine and will do exactly what it's supposed to do: Advertise the film to people who see it in theaters. However, I do hope that there are more posters for the film as time goes on. There ought to be some individual posters for Thor and the other character at the very least. It's popular to trash Iron Man 3's posters but several of them were iconic. Thor's posters should be up to that standard.

Closed Thread