The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 09-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Default Describe YOUR dream CBM

Ok, inspired by what i read on a thread in the Batman V Superman forums that David Fincher, the director who did Fight Club, Seven and the upcoming movie Gone Girl, descibed comic book movies as "dull". There goes the chances of a Fincher Batman movie...Oh well. So i decided to create this thread where we can all play movie producers!

Describe YOUR dream comic book movie, if YOU were the producer of ANY Comic book Property(DC, Marvel or other), what title would you tackle? Who would you choose as the director? Go nuts with casting, who would star in your ultimate CBM?

Here's three of my dream CBM. (I added some Wiki links btw, so you can better judge my directors and casting choices) I have posted these movie ideas in various other threads on these boards, but i like them and would like to see them made.

1. The Question - Directed by Michael Mann, Starring Tom Cruise(Come on Cruise was excellent in Collateral)

2. The Batman Reboot - Directed by Alex Proyas(not my idea but Roger Eberts, everyone wants Ben Affleck to direct a Batman movie, and while that sounds cool, Alex Proyas would knock it out of the park. IMO) Proyas is responsible for directing two of my favourite movies. The Crow and Dark City. Starring Ben Affleck of course.

3. The Shadow - Directed by Sam Raimi. Starring Adrien Brody. This isnt my idea either, in fact its a dream movie for Sam Raimi himself, i just added the casting of Adrien Brody. Who i believe would be perfect for the role! Check out this interview with Raimi where he mentions The Shadow.

What are some of your ideas? Or have you read a cool idea/casting online or somewhere else. Spout off here!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Default Re: Describe YOUR dream CBM

A Martian Manhunter solo movie directed by Zack Snyder and starring Idris Elba, with his brother as the villain. That is all.

1. The Dark Knight 2. Man of Steel 3. Guardians of the Galaxy 4. The Avengers 5. The Dark Knight Rises 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. Batman Begins 9. Thor 10. Iron Man
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

A 70s exploitation Iron Fist movie from Miramax directed by Quentin Tarantino starring Cam Gigandet as Danny Rand and Sydney Poiter as Misty Knight

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
A 70s exploitation Iron Fist movie from Miramax directed by Quentin Tarantino starring Cam Gigandet as Danny Rand and Sydney Poiter as Misty Knight
I think that Sidney might be too butch to play Misty. Good thinking though, lets include whatif scenarios to make things fun. In that case i would also like to see Orson Welles Batman.(google it)

Old 09-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
def28
Side-Kick

-Death (Sandman spinnoff), directed by Guillermo del Toro with script from Neil Gaiman.

-Adaptation of Uncanny X-Force The Dark Angel Saga. Directed by Rian Johnson or Duncan Jones with none of the current X-Men creative team attached as anything more then executive producers.

-The Shadow by Sam Raimi.

-Hack Slash, Written and Directed by James Gunn.

-Deadpool getting green lit.

-Catwoman flick that has Black Mask as the main rival with a supporting role by Zatanna.

-Batman movie with Joker, Harley Quinn, Nightwing and Catwoman.

Last edited by def28; 09-18-2014 at 12:49 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Good ideas everyone. Lets keep producing! Hehe

Old 09-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Victarion
Cut

An adaption of Elric: The Ruby Throne, by the guy that directed Solomon Kane.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
henry_9305
Side-Kick

A Punisher Max film written by Garth Ennis or Jason Aaron, starring Frank Grillo as the Punisher.

henry_9305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
Rorschach2012
$

The big 7 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) + Orion vs Darkseid, Granny Goodness, Desaad, Kalibak and the Parademons.

With a Robin cameo

and i need an epic Star Wars-like GL series focusing on the greatest GL, Hal Jordan. Basically a Blackest Night trilogy

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
See Cap Run
Side-Kick

An Astonishing X-Men movie or series of movies written and directed by Joss Whedon based on his run in the comics would be awesome!

See Cap Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #11
Victarion
Cut

Something I would like to see in a Batman movie:

A Bruce Wayne that actually receives ninja training and tailors his costume to have a ninja-like appearance. A suit resembling the Batman Beyond suit, in other words. An arsenal of weapons that incorporate hallucinogens akin to Crane's fear toxin, so that his enemies see a demon rather than a man in a costume. A Bruce Wayne whose travels have shown him how various cartels and organizations are tied to Gotham City. A city where crime bosses like Poison Ivy, Deacon Blackfire, Clayface, and Killer Croc are considered normal. Where hitmen for hire include Mr Freeze, Firefly, and similar characters. A Batman created by Bruce Wayne to bring down the infrastructure of Gotham City, motivated by outrage at a system that's broken and a city responsible for his parents having lost their fortunes.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
cabel
Side-Kick

Sadly, it could never happen for several reasons:

Dragonball, directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz

cabel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
-Death (Sandman spinnoff), directed by Guillermo del Toro with script from Neil Gaiman.

-Adaptation of Uncanny X-Force The Dark Angel Saga. Directed by Rian Johnson or Duncan Jones with none of the current X-Men creative team attached as anything more then executive producers.

-Catwoman flick that has Black Mask as the main rival with a supporting role by Zatanna.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #14
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

A Hulk origin movie where's he's actually a character like in the comics and the relationship of the two alter-ego's is put front and center as the meat of the movie. Directed by Peter Jackson with Ruffalo in the lead role and having RICK JONES in it. Bonus points if the make it an early 1960's period piece.

Yep, that'd be my dream.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #15
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
A Hulk origin movie where's he's actually a character like in the comics and the relationship of the two alter-ego's is put front and center as the meat of the movie. Directed by Peter Jackson with Ruffalo in the lead role and having RICK JONES in it. Bonus points if the make it an early 1960's period piece.

Yep, that'd be my dream.
Good ideas everyone, and i really like the sound of that Hulk idea, lets keep em coming! Also, even though i enjoy the Singer Xmen movies, me being a big Bladerunner fan, i have always wanted to see a Ridley Scott directed Xmen movie.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:24 AM   #16
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

Crazy how **** like that works every now and then haha. Some awesome times we live in right now. 2016 is gonna be one for the books!

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #17
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Spider-Man dies in The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and that would be the end of that series.

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #18
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Squaremaster316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Invincible (Image Comics), directed by Josh Trank starring an actual, y'know, teenager Harry Potter style, with the whole first three volumes being compacted into one film, culminating with his conflict with his dad. Not a typical superhero movie.

Green Lantern, directed by Spike Lee, starring Denzel Washington based on the Green Lantern: Mosaic storyline of John Stewart, where John is more of a philosopher in a weird world than a military type.

Avengers: Kang Dynasty, the sixth Avengers movie, released around 2030, the final one directed by Joss Whedon, in which the Avengers have to fix time, and end up traveling throughout the history of the MCU in order to defeat Kang, they eventually regroup and in the end it comes down to an old Iron Man (Downey will be a senior citizen so he can reprise his role) passing the baton to a young Steve Rogers (Evans will be nearing 50, and may need to give up the role at that time) to defeat Kang.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #20
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

Congratulations, your dream came true! Now im just crossing my fingers for that Michael Mann Question movie i want...

Old 09-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #21
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

I want to see a movie based on The Spider (you know, the pulp hero). It would look a bit like Burton's Batman movies because that's what I imagine when I read the stories.

They should base it on the comic book version by Tim Truman. It's set in the "1990s according to the 30s".

The Spider

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #22
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I want to see a movie based on The Spider (you know, the pulp hero). It would look a bit like Burton's Batman movies because that's what I imagine when I read the stories.

They should base it on the comic book version by Tim Truman. It's set in the "1990s according to the 30s".

The Spider
Hia Goshdarn Batman, long time ago!

Does That Spider have anything to do with these Spiders?:

This guy?:

Or this guy?:

Or this guy?

Or i could be confused and they are the same guy.

Of course, i know about this other Spider:

(which i used to read in Swedish comic called Seriemagasinet Special as a kid)

Old 09-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #23
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Hia Goshdarn Batman, long time ago!

Does That Spider have anything to do with these Spiders?:

This guy?:

Or this guy?:

Or this guy?

Or i could be confused and they are the same guy.

Of course, i know about this other Spider:

(which i used to read in Swedish comic called Seriemagasinet Special as a kid)

Yes. It's been a while how's it hanging?

Yeah, it's the same guy you should try some of the pulp stories, and the Eclipse comic book.

I've heard about the British Spider, but never read it (only Alan Moore's Albion). It's possible that it was published over here as well, since our Phantom magazine had British series like The Gauntlet of Fate in it.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #24
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Yes. It's been a while how's it hanging?

Yeah, it's the same guy you should try some of the pulp stories, and the Eclipse comic book.

I've heard about the British Spider, but never read it (only Alan Moore's Albion). It's possible that it was published over here as well, since our Phantom magazine had British series like The Gauntlet of Fate in it.
Its getting better, been really stressed and busy with work. I'll check The Spider out, looks intriguing! The British Spider was kinda cool, although he was kinda anti-heroish i guess. He was an outright criminal if my memory serves right. I havent read Alan Moores version but didnt he also use the other AWESOME British hero The Steel Claw in Albion? Now THAT character i would like to see a movie about.(In fact i have this dream where i win the lottery and buy the rights to make that movie)

Ah, The Gauntlet of Fate, "Ödeshandsken" That would be a cool tv-show.

Edit: Yes, i was right about The Steel Claw being in Alan Moores Albion, see the link and please read his backstory. That character is just waiting for a movie, or if nothing else a computer game at least. Preferrably a first person sneaking game like Thief: The Dark Project for the Pc.

Last edited by bluerayer; 09-19-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Answering my own questions...
Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #25
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Its getting better, been really stressed and busy with work. I'll check The Spider out, looks intriguing! The British Spider was kinda cool, although he was kinda anti-heroish i guess. He was an outright criminal if my memory serves right. I havent read Alan Moores version but didnt he also use the other AWESOME British hero The Steel Claw in Albion? Now THAT character i would like to see a movie about.(In fact i have this dream where i win the lottery and buy the rights to make that movie)

Ah, The Gauntlet of Fate, "Ödeshandsken" That would be a cool tv-show.
Good to hear!

Yes, I think The Steel Claw showed up. I have a hardcover with The Steel Claw stories from Titan Books, but haven't read it yet. Looks interesting, though.

I would love a show based on Skjebnehansken ()!