Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #251
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Add obtuse to that list of traits. Especially in the Cure announcement scene.

I don't really care, I liked Halle just fine in X1 and 2. I'm not the biggest Storm fan there is (in fact, I'm not really a Storm fan), but all I'm saying is there was inconsistency between Singer-Storm and Ratner-Storm.
I thought X2 and X3 Storm were more alike. If you imagine X3 Storm with the X2 wig, the portrayal is pretty similar haha... she's just less logical in X3. Overall though, I think it's the wigs that are throwing people off.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #252
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

No, I don't let cosmetic changes work on me, consciously or not. X2 is the perfect Storm, pardon my pun. She took initiatives, had a nice little subplot and character development, and I found her likeable. In X3 I just wanted her to get out of the frame. Every reaction she had, positive or negative, got on my damn nerves.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 08-12-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #253
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
No, I don't let comsmetic changes work on me, consciously or not. X2 is the perfect Storm, pardon my pun. She took initiatives, had a nice little subplot and character development, and I found her likeable. In X3 I just wanted her to get out of the frame. Every reaction she had, positive or negative, got on my damn nerves.
This all day! She even gave orders to the X-Men and Brotherhood. If she looked more like the comic Storm and had her arial flight fight scene with Toad that was supposed to happen in that movie people would probably have much less issue with her and Bryans Storm.

:o
Old 08-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #254
Mars123
Side-Kick

I love a storm wig change!

Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #255
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I've just been browsing some of the comments here but in a movie where you have a 6'2" actor playing a 5'3" character, somehow an actress having "bigger thighs" would have been a character problem?

As for Halle if there's any issue with her portrayal of storm I really put that about 90% on the writing being responsible for that and not her. Meryl streep couldn't have sold that frog line.
Exactly! It doesn't even make any sense. Her thighs are fine... I still don't get that comment. I think they are just trying to defend Halle's casting by slighting Angela.

again her thighs are fine. Her body is still bagging in fact.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #256
Project862006
Banned User

how about you just get over it it has been over a decade halle is our storm

majority here take solace in bashing halle

it is getting annoying

Old 08-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #257
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly! It doesn't even make any sense. Her thighs are fine... I still don't get that comment. I think they are just trying to defend Halle's casting by slighting Angela.

again her thighs are fine. Her body is still bagging in fact.
I think he just said it because everyone else was going on and on about every other physical aspect of these actresses and it came into his head... definitely a little out of line, but he didn't sound too serious. But no need to say that anyone is slighting Angela because of a Halle preference. Most people here are pretty mature about stuff like that.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #258
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, I don't let cosmetic changes work on me, consciously or not. X2 is the perfect Storm, pardon my pun. She took initiatives, had a nice little subplot and character development, and I found her likeable. In X3 I just wanted her to get out of the frame. Every reaction she had, positive or negative, got on my damn nerves.
I agree, she was totally annoying in X3, but to me it seemed like the same person... just on a bad day (or week or whatever) mood-wise haha. In the same way you're talking about looking past cosmetic changes, I'm also doing the same and looking at mannerisms and speech and stuff... so just different aspects of the entire package.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #259
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I think he just said it because everyone else was going on and on about every other physical aspect of these actresses and it came into his head... definitely a little out of line, but he didn't sound too serious. But no need to say that anyone is slighting Angela because of a Halle preference. Most people here are pretty mature about stuff like that.
fair enough

Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #260
JP
Smelly

I think Berry's hair looks great in the footage, especially the new shots in the newly leaked one. 100% positive the idea with this haircut was to pay homage to the mohawk, without going so drastic. It's definitely mohawk-like from the profile.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #261
xrs13
Cold as ice

I do really like this hair but I think my personal preference is longer hair. I mean I probably would have nerdgasmed if her hair was all blowy and flowy in that footage when she looks like she protecting them or whatever is happening haha

Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #262
NanaT
X-Men United!

I too prefer Storm (and Halle) with longer hair. I really wish they would have just gone with the mohawk. I'm sure Halle would have pulled it off and it would have looked really amazing on screen. It's the best visual representation that Storm is in a different, darker place. Would be really cool to see as well.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #263
storman
Side-Kick

She looks she's flying in the video.

I think she's on the air looking at behind her and seeing sentinals coming close.

Do you think so?

Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #264
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storman View Post
She looks she's flying in the video.

I think she's on the air looking at behind her and seeing sentinals coming close.

Do you think so?
possibly it's really hard to tell. But she does seem close to the sky but that could be because of the angle of the camera.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #265
NanaT
X-Men United!

saw this really cool picture on that instagram profile and it's got me thinking, X-Men action figures/toys and any other merchandise would be so cool to see. It's a shame Fox won't be able to tap into this area or marketing. I would love to collect action figures of all the X-Men in this movie or at least just the OT X-Men.

Anyway here's a really cool pic of Halle as DOFP Storm all dolled up.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

http://instagram.com/p/bw9sQks978/

Last edited by NanaT; 08-13-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #266
xrs13
Cold as ice

I am just so glad her costume is back to being more sleek (even if she is pregnant). also apparently her costume was more revealing and in line with the comics but they had to add the panel for her baby bump haha

Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #267
NanaT
X-Men United!

Where did you hear that?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #268
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Where did you hear that?
i cant remember hahah I will try and find it

Also, just watching the footage again, I have the feeling storm dies before getting into the temple thing. we see her walking with wolverine, xavier and magneto and then when those three are talking in the temple she isnt there. so im thinking either guarding it or dead at this point D:

Last edited by xrs13; 08-12-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #269
pyro9vivacita
Side-Kick

Is anyone else worried about the screen-time for the women in general?

There's Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Blink, and Mystique. If our predictions are correct and Storm does end up dying before entering the temple and Rogue is indeed captured with a inhibitor collar or just prisoned. That leaves us with Kitty, Blink & Mystique.

How much screen time is Blink really going to get? I can't see her being the lead female. Kitty somehow provides a way for Wolverine to travel back, and Mystique (judging by the footage) still appears to be finding herself.

I want these female X-men characters to have more screen time and more development... is that too much to ask for? : P I don't want to see them dead, protecting other men, a sidekick to man, imprisoned, or making way for another character to travel. These women are powerful, and we've yet to see their full potential on screen. Let's face it, this is a guy heavy cast.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #270
loretta
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro9vivacita View Post
Is anyone else worried about the screen-time for the women in general?

There's Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Blink, and Mystique. If our predictions are correct and Storm does end up dying before entering the temple and Rogue is indeed captured with a inhibitor collar or just prisoned. That leaves us with Kitty, Blink & Mystique.

How much screen time is Blink really going to get? I can't see her being the lead female. Kitty somehow provides a way for Wolverine to travel back, and Mystique (judging by the footage) still appears to be finding herself.

I want these female X-men characters to have more screen time and more development... is that too much to ask for? : P I don't want to see them dead, protecting other men, a sidekick to man, imprisoned, or making way for another character to travel. These women are powerful, and we've yet to see their full potential on screen. Let's face it, this is a guy heavy cast.
I have my worries to, but it's still more females than in average superhero movie. I hope that they'll have good moments.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #271
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope Storm doesn't die or I will bursting into tears when I watch it!

And I have to find this new leak footage!!!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #272
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

^ Good luck.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #273
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I found the new footage! I liked that scene where she's walking with Wolverine.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #274
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I think Berry's hair looks great in the footage, especially the new shots in the newly leaked one. 100% positive the idea with this haircut was to pay homage to the mohawk, without going so drastic. It's definitely mohawk-like from the profile.
It also looks like they tried to capture the mohawk looking at it from the back (one shot from the footage is sleeveless-costumed Wolverine and Storm walking with the camera behind them).

Regarding X3's Angry Storm, it seems Ratner, Vaughn and their writers wanted to rehash storylines from X2 that have clearly been resolved!!! Between Jean picking Scott (to X3 where Dark Phoenix is lusting over Logan) to Storm resolving that Faith can help her survive, not just anger, you would think these people didn't watch the previous (and best) film in the franchise

Old 08-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #275
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
It also looks like they tried to capture the mohawk looking at it from the back (one shot from the footage is sleeveless-costumed Wolverine and Storm walking with the camera behind them).

Regarding X3's Angry Storm, it seems Ratner, Vaughn and their writers wanted to rehash storylines from X2 that have clearly been resolved!!! Between Jean picking Scott (to X3 where Dark Phoenix is lusting over Logan) to Storm resolving that Faith can help her survive, not just anger, you would think these people didn't watch the previous (and best) film in the franchise
Hers and night crawlers scene was one of the best things about x2, singer definitely helped develop her character in that film. It was so good at the end to show her having faith and become a leader of the group. In x3 it's like they just said "forget faith, just be angry angry angry" ruined her character apart from making her more physical which I actually think is because Halle said she wanted her to have more hand to hand

Closed Thread