Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #326
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post

I imagined this, omg stop please
Well, hopefully, with the help of green screen, camera angles and a stuntwoman, they have still given us some great Storm moments.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
Old 08-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #327
NanaT
X-Men United!

I can't believe that after so long we're actually going to get new footage of Storm! I am so excited! Getting to see my all time favourite character on the big screen again, doing all new things...oh..I can't deal.

I'm one of the few that like Halle Berry's portrayal of storm (I recognise that it could be better but I appreciate what we have gotten in all three X-men films and hope for even more in Dofp) it makes me even happier to know that she's back with the gang.

Counting the days to Days of Future Past!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #328
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Halle has had negative press about X-men films since 1999.

She did interview saying how she would like choice of roles that usuallyy went to Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan and it got spread that she was practly saying she had no choice but to accept offer to play Storm due to other choices she was offered weren't very good.

Her not attending any of the premieres of X2 also helped send out feeling of bad press.

If Halle really hated playing storm why would she tell fans to write to fox for X4 or agree to be In DOFP.Fox couldn't force her to be In film.Halle at comic con brought up herself that she was glad to see Bryan Singer back as director.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #329
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I can't believe that after so long we're actually going to get new footage of Storm! I am so excited! Getting to see my all time favourite character on the big screen again, doing all new things...oh..I can't deal.

I'm one of the few that like Halle Berry's portrayal of storm (I recognise that it could be better but I appreciate what we have gotten in all three X-men films and hope for even more in Dofp) it makes me even happier to know that she's back with the gang.

Counting the days to Days of Future Past!
Never fear I love halle as storm also!

As far as I'm aware halle been nothing but positive about xmen in recent years and was happy with DOFP

Old 08-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #330
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

If Halle really hated playing storm why would she tell fans to write to fox for X4 or agree to be In DOFP.Fox couldn't force her to be In film.Halle at comic con brought up herself that she was glad to see Bryan Singer back as director.
i still wonder if she would have returned if catwomen had been a huge hit

she not really being asked to play any other comic book characters right now

Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #331
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

She did interview saying how she would like choice of roles that usuallyy went to Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan and it got spread that she was practly saying she had no choice but to accept offer to play Storm due to other choices she was offered weren't very good.

Her not attending any of the premieres of X2 also helped send out feeling of bad press.

Plus there's a chance for reshoots once she has had the baby. She might well be back to normal shape by the time they do the usual reshoots and pick-up shots.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #332
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Plus there's a chance for reshoots once she has had the baby. She might well be back to normal shape by the time they do the usual reshoots and pick-up shots.
I have my doubts, they will only reshoot if its really important, they can't afford to mess about waiting do her to have baby then grab her

Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #333
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I have my doubts, they will only reshoot if its really important, they can't afford to mess about waiting do her to have baby then grab her
Well they can. Halle will have her baby within the next month or so. They could do pick-ups in January if they needed to and still have time.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #334
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
There are always reshoots and pick-up shots anyway. And if any of them involve future scenes being expanded/altered, then Halle would be in better shape to do it (depending on how quick her baby bump disappears!)

Old 08-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #335
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:

I also found an interview that debunks the whole "reduced to playing a comic book character" mess http://www.hollywood.com/static/stor...and-bad-rumors. I have always applauded Halle for wanting Storm to have more meaning, I even remember an interview where she said she didn't care if Storm had ten minutes of screen time but that she at least expected those ten minutes to be about something. If only James had stood up for Cyclops...

Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #336
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Well they can. Halle will have her baby within the next month or so. They could do pick-ups in January if they needed to and still have time.
They will only do it if its really important, they written around her pregnancy already, no reason to reshoot the scenes and add new stuff, it makes singers job easier to work with what he has

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #337
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

@CB Fan: James had no clout though. Halle used her star power to elevate her character but at the expense of other characters that would have benefited the story more. She should have waited till X4 to do some of the complaining. I think that however the writers could have given her a voice that made her more interesting. Showed her life a bit more in interesting ways, All they apparently did was throw more screen time at her. That was the mistake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #338
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
There is the possibility of more films. and how awesome would it be to see something like the "leave him alone" and storm hitting apoc with lightning when apoc gets xavier in x-men evolution. I am just happy she is back more storm the better!
Hopefully this is not the last X-Men film with Halle Berry!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 08-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #339
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
@CB Fan: James had no clout though. Halle used her star power to elevate her character but at the expense of other characters that would have benefited the story more. She should have waited till X4 to do some of the complaining. I think that however the writers could have given her a voice that made her more interesting. Showed her life a bit more in interesting ways, All they apparently did was throw more screen time at her. That was the mistake..
Why wait for 10 years and for a film that may not happen? She spoke up when she needed to.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #340
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Why wait for 10 years and for a film that may not happen? She spoke up when she needed to.

Yep. Closed legs don't get fed. Halle has done nothing but speak up for the role of Storm. She got into that character more than people realized. Storm AND Cyc were the leaders of the team and both got the shaft in that respect in favor of Wolverine.

I mean, its Fox we're talking about!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #341
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I agree but I just wish she had been more specific about what she wanted her character to have done what was "meaningful" to her that needed included? Was it her heritage and showing that she was African Princess? Was it that she was a leader? I don't know. When she was rallying for her character she never said what she truly wanted. If she had researched and found out what was so special about her like she claimed she would have specifics.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #342
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree but I just wish she had been more specific about what she wanted her character to have done what was "meaningful" to her that needed included? Was it her heritage and showing that she was African Princess? Was it that she was a leader? I don't know. When she was rallying for her character she never said what she truly wanted. If she had researched and found out what was so special about her like she claimed she would have specifics.

She gave them...to the powers that be. That ain't us!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #343
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
And now, she wants Storm to get some love .

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #344
CB Fan
The Watcher

^ Enter Forge and his complicated relationship with the government and Storm.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #345
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
They did include a moment where she speaks about her heritage. It was part of the balcony scene where her emotions are upsetting the weather patterns. You can see it being filmed in the background during a conversation in one of the Blu-ray extras. However, it was cut.

So they were starting to get on the right track. Unfortunately, some of the stuff that WAS included felt forced and not very well written.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #346
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm not sure that's a priority. It would be better to find out more about Storm herself before adding romance into the mix. Unless romance is used as the way to finding out more.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #347
Angamb
Banned User

you know what would be awesome?

if a sequel showed something wrong happening in Africa, so the X-Men must go there, and Storm sees a lover from her early days on the country. And now he has a family, being married and with two kids.

That would give Storm a backstory, a past lover, and an emotional/special scene dealing with her current lonelyness and being far from her home.

3 improvements at once. perfect

Old 08-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #348
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
you know what would be awesome?

if a sequel showed something wrong happening in Africa, so the X-Men must go there, and Storm sees a lover from her early days on the country. And now he has a family, being married and with two kids.

That would give Storm a backstory, a past lover, and an emotional/special scene dealing with her current lonelyness and being far from her home.

3 improvements at once. perfect
i like the idea of something happening in Africa,maybe like the Shadow King storyline like how they did it in TAS, would be awesome. Idk about the rest of it though I would just like her to find out more about her heritage while she is there in Africa.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #349
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I'm willing to bet good money that Halle will be back after her childbirth to do additional filming. It may even include stunts. One has to remember that for Storm to have a mega-powerful "weather display" against a sentinel, all you need to REALLY have is a Sentinel(s), a green screen and Halle Berry herself. It's not like having additional cast members are necessary for such a brief shot to be filmed. And they have PLENTY of time in post to edit it and fit it in with the rest of the footage.

Not worried. Bryan knows we want to see Storm cut loose. And in terms of visual effects, his entire film would benefit from it.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #350
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
One of her least interesting plot lines (unless they re-open that obvious attraction to Nightcrawler). I want to know about Ororo monroe the person not just Storm weather changing mutant or the damsel that needs a man to be whole (I've seen to much of this throughout the years in CBM).

Quote:
*\S/T*
Closed Thread