Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #351
The Weather God
Returned

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Yep. Closed legs don't get fed. Halle has done nothing but speak up for the role of Storm. She got into that character more than people realized. Storm AND Cyc were the leaders of the team and both got the shaft in that respect in favor of Wolverine.

I mean, its Fox we're talking about!
LOL! Don't you mean a closed mouth?

Old 08-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #352
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
One of her least interesting plot lines (unless they re-open that obvious attraction to Nightcrawler). I want to know about Ororo monroe the person not just Storm weather changing mutant or the damsel that needs a man to be whole (I've seen to much of this throughout the years in CBM).
Same here, I want to know who she is. The love thing can come later. Her story still needs to be told.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #353
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I'm willing to bet good money that Halle will be back after her childbirth to do additional filming. It may even include stunts. One has to remember that for Storm to have a mega-powerful "weather display" against a sentinel, all you need to REALLY have is a Sentinel(s), a green screen and Halle Berry herself. It's not like having additional cast members are necessary for such a brief shot to be filmed. And they have PLENTY of time in post to edit it and fit it in with the rest of the footage.

Not worried. Bryan knows we want to see Storm cut loose. And in terms of visual effects, his entire film would benefit from it.
You know I think you're right. Halle has stated numerous times that she goes back to work as soon as she gives birth. But aside from her comedy project which is still in development she doesn't actually have a film to work on. So I'm thinking that her going 'back to work' is her returning for any reshoots and additional filming for X-Men. It's the only think that makes sense.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #354
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
LOL! Don't you mean a closed mouth?

Not at all, Its an expression for "speak up or you won't get what you want" lol

Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #355
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
Not at all, Its an expression for "speak up or you won't get what you want" lol

Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #356
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
you know what would be awesome?

if a sequel showed something wrong happening in Africa, so the X-Men must go there, and Storm sees a lover from her early days on the country. And now he has a family, being married and with two kids.

That would give Storm a backstory, a past lover, and an emotional/special scene dealing with her current lonelyness and being far from her home.

3 improvements at once. perfect
That would be a good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I'm willing to bet good money that Halle will be back after her childbirth to do additional filming. It may even include stunts. One has to remember that for Storm to have a mega-powerful "weather display" against a sentinel, all you need to REALLY have is a Sentinel(s), a green screen and Halle Berry herself. It's not like having additional cast members are necessary for such a brief shot to be filmed. And they have PLENTY of time in post to edit it and fit it in with the rest of the footage.

Not worried. Bryan knows we want to see Storm cut loose. And in terms of visual effects, his entire film would benefit from it.
Well they still have 9 months before May 23. So they have a lot of time for additional filming.

I hope there will be additional filming/reshoots featuring the Storm and the Rogue.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #357
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Same here, I want to know who she is. The love thing can come later. Her story still needs to be told.
Yep.

I feel a love story should not be the basis of a character a la Bella/Edward but a reflection of an established character growing: see Buffy and Angel. If that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #358
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

How about doing a 'Storm & The Morlocks' movie which features Gambit, Shadow King, and the Marauders? There's definitely enough juicy stuff there and in the right hands could be awesome. It could stand as a stand alone featuring Storm and Gambit and have a few other X-Men relevant to the story sprinkled about....just a thought

Old 08-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #359
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboi View Post
How about doing a 'Storm & The Morlocks' movie which features Gambit, Shadow King, and the Marauders? There's definitely enough juicy stuff there and in the right hands could be awesome. It could stand as a stand alone featuring Storm and Gambit and have a few other X-Men relevant to the story sprinkled about....just a thought
I don't see Fox being sold on it because I don't think it would be "epic" enough for them (also, a female PoC in the lead would -- unfortunately -- make Fox hesitate over funding it; it's sad but it's true). I would pay to see it though.

Especially if it included the epic knife fight between Callisto and Storm over Angel (or whoever could replace him -- I think it was Scott in TAS). That was some classic Claremont shenanigans right there.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #360
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

They should adapt the Mutant Massacre storyline into a film! Hopefully after DOFP!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #361
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

One of peoples main complaints about Halle and Storm in X-men was how head strong she wasn't and not showcasing her how truly powerful she was. Halle wanted the character to be stronger.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #362
Crimz
Side-Kick

I want her more African.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #363
xrs13
Cold as ice

Halle asked for more hand to hand combat if I recall because she saw storm as not just being a support character

Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #364
kasjan
Side-Kick

Africa (Egypt) should be in sequel to DOFP with teenage Storm joining X-Men in late 70's or early 80's.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #365
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Yep.

I feel a love story should not be the basis of a character a la Bella/Edward but a reflection of an established character growing: see Buffy and Angel. If that makes any sense.
Actually Ive nevr seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer,so im not certain on how the relationship between those 2 play out. If you mean it dosent happen in one movie do you think Fox would really invest that much time to give Storm a developing love interest? Honestly I dont think they would but I would love for them to surprise me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboi View Post
I dont know how well that movie would play out, missing so many key characters from the XMen espiecally since they arent really established on the big screen, they have been no more then background noise with a little action here and their. Marauder,Morlocks and Shadow King that may make for a crowded movie of villians so Im not sure on how that would play out. I would love to see a Storm centric movie though I think that would be awesome to see her being my fav hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Halle asked for more hand to hand combat if I recall because she saw storm as not just being a support character
Did dhe really is that why she grabbled with Callisto a little in X3. Im sorry but that fight scene disappointed me. I would have loved for it to be much more of a fight as it was in the comics and for a purpose they just threw them 2 together because of their history together. I look forward to seeing the day Storm rips out Marrows heart in hand to hand combat. Storm can be ruthless when she wants to be and i want to see that edgy side of her.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #366
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I don't need an entire movie about Storm for her to be done justice a simple scene that explains who she is as a person is more what I'm talking about and maybe a bound with another X-Woman like this:

We get a real genuine moment between her and another character and also get a naked Halle Berry. Everyone wins!

EDIT: Dang it doesn't have all the quote. She goes on to say how she doesn't understand why she must where clothes and that her body regulates her temperature so they are not necessary. She even asks why she feels the need to be so inhibited towards her being naked why should she be ashamed of her body? She asks Jean. Are American women so afraid of being objectified that they feel the need to hide?

Love that between them.

Quote:
*\S/T*

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 08-20-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #367
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
I don't need an entire movie about Storm for her to be done justice a simple scene that explains who she is as a person is more what I'm talking about and maybe a bound with another X-Woman like this:

We get a real genuine moment between her and another character and also get a naked Halle Berry. Everyone wins!
Thats the Storm that I want to see onscreen if done tastefully that is. I dont want people getiing the wrong impression of her. As for Halle naked id much rather see James Marsden.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #368
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Africa (Egypt) should be in sequel to DOFP with teenage Storm joining X-Men in late 70's or early 80's.
i agree i think storms origin would be quite interesting, i think it would stand out differently to cyclops or jeans

Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #369
TheGoddess
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
How about just give her an Origins!!?!

Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #370
TheGoddess
Banned User

It's a waste to actually ground XFC2/3 in Africa,because...

1. When Xavier first met Storm none of the X-men were even recruited at this point.He met her as a 5 yr old pickpocket

2. When Prof.X did come back to take her in, he came back years later when she was teenager/young adult . That was it,the X-men didn't have much to do in her recruitment arc.He just basically convinced her to return to the U.S with them.

I don't know if anyone remembers X-men "The Hidden Years" but It kinda went into depth about Ororo's role as a Goddess and how she had to face that evil mutant Deluge,who had similar powers to her.He'd make a good villain for her movie.

^^^

That's the only way I could see the original 4 and Storm fitting in a FC sequel. Iceman would have been a little boy,because he's way younger then they are in filmverse.

Shadow King is mainly(kinda Betsy's too,but later on) Storm's arch-nemsis,she also has the most history with him. The thing about Farouk though,is that he is a physic character on the Astral plane,and Storm is more of a physical type. Every time Storm battles him she's most likely accompanied by a telepath . She has pretty good TP resistance ,so she can fend him off,but she can't really stop him.

He isn't a physical threat unless he possesses a powerful mutant that could pose a threat to her or her people.Though if SK was the main villain it could showcase her strong wield and determination.That's always good character development.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #371
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
It's a waste to actually ground XFC2/3 in Africa,because...

1. When Xavier first met Storm none of the X-men were even recruited at this point.He met her as a 5 yr old pickpocket

2. When Prof.X did come back to take her in, he came back years later when she was teenager/young adult . That was it,the X-men didn't have much to do in her recruitment arc.He just basically convinced her to return to the U.S with them.

I don't know if anyone remembers X-men "The Hidden Years" but It kinda went into depth about Ororo's role as a Goddess and how she had to face that evil mutant Deluge,who had similar powers to her.He'd make a good villain for her movie.

^^^

That's the only way I could see the original 4 and Storm fitting in a FC sequel. Iceman would have been a little boy,because he's way younger then they are in filmverse.

Shadow King is mainly(kinda Betsy's too,but later on) Storm's arch-nemsis,she also has the most history with him. The thing about Farouk though,is that he is a physic character on the Astral plane,and Storm is more of a physical type. Every time Storm battles him she's most likely accompanied by a telepath . She has pretty good TP resistance ,so she can fend him off,but she can't really stop him.

He isn't a physical threat unless he possesses a powerful mutant that could pose a threat to her or her people.Though if SK was the main villain it could showcase her strong wield and determination.That's always good character development.
i would love to see that brought to the next FC, with the Young Jean,Scott and Hank accompanyning Prof x to Africa to recruit Storm and they run into Deluge which causes a battle to ensue between them. That would make for a great movie and not to have it starring Storm but give us some insight on her history.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #372
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^That would be an awesome FC movie!

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #373
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
i would love to see that brought to the next FC, with the Young Jean,Scott and Hank accompanyning Prof x to Africa to recruit Storm and they run into Deluge which causes a battle to ensue between them. That would make for a great movie and not to have it starring Storm but give us some insight on her history.
I'm not really keen on seeing Deluge, a mutant with near-identical powers to Storm.

Shadow King, Apocalypse or Living Monolith sound like good choices for a story set in Africa. The concept of Apocalypse as the very first superpowered mutant is a good one.

No doubt they'd include Wolverine in the line-up () but we have to accept that lol....

I'm sure Singer could come up with a good story idea. He'd be ideal to keep the story from going too OTT and give it a good theme/basis

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 08-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #374
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I'm not really keen on seeing Deluge, a mutant with near-identical powers to Storm.

Shadow King, Apocalypse or Living Monolith sound like good choices for a story set in Africa. The concept of Apocalypse as the very first superpowered mutant is a good one.

No doubt they'd include Wolverine in the line-up () but we have to accept that lol....

I'm sure Singer could come up with a good story idea. He'd be ideal to keep the story from going too OTT and give it a good theme/basis
Don't even put that out into the universe.

Quote:
*\S/T*
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #375
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

I mentioned Deluge because of the comic cover that someone scanned and I thought it would be an awesome idea. Apocalypse for an FC movie villian would that be to much for new mutants to take on one of their greater foes. Im not to certain what the Living Monolith does though so i cant speak on that.
Do you think they would bring in Logan if they made another FC, wow that would to much for me.