The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #376
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Shadow King would be the best one becuase it gives Professor the greatest threat and helps him keep his lead role in the films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #377
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Shadow King would be the best one becuase it gives Professor the greatest threat and helps him keep his lead role in the films.
Would it give the rest of the team the oppurtunity to fleshed out as well,because Xavier has so far FC and DOFP to give his character meaning?

Storm #1-July 23 2014-Preorder your copy today
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #378
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I mentioned Deluge because of the comic cover that someone scanned and I thought it would be an awesome idea. Apocalypse for an FC movie villian would that be to much for new mutants to take on one of their greater foes. Im not to certain what the Living Monolith does though so i cant speak on that.
Do you think they would bring in Logan if they made another FC, wow that would to much for me.
Right. Well, i haven't read the story with Deluge, so I can't rule it out totally but having a mutant with the same powers seems to make Storm less special.

On reflection, I agree Apocalypse might be too much for new X-Men to take on in a First Class film. Maybe Shadow King? It could be like the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon episode where he takes control of Storm's mind. In that story it was Emma Frost that fought him on the astral plane. But they could use Xavier instead.

Shame we're unlikely to see any more of Emma Frost, I thought the character had potential to appear in more than one movie.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #379
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Right. Well, i haven't read the story with Deluge, so I can't rule it out totally but having a mutant with the same powers seems to make Storm less special.

On reflection, I agree Apocalypse might be too much for new X-Men to take on in a First Class film. Maybe Shadow King? It could be like the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon episode where he takes control of Storm's mind. In that story it was Emma Frost that fought him on the astral plane. But they could use Xavier instead.

Shame we're unlikely to see any more of Emma Frost, I thought the character had potential to appear in more than one movie.
I cant fully rememeber the Deluge story so im not certain on how similiar their powers are. I agree we dont want Storm to seem less special or important. Shadow King could work as long as they can develop Storm and just not have her shown as weak and unable to defend herself. You thought JJ had potential to appear in more than one movie, I would have liked her character to return just not the actress.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #380
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I could see the villain would be mr sinister in a FC sequel and we know alot of the FC stuff has been quite global so I could see xavier going to Africa for some reason and finding storm

Old 08-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #381
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I could see the villain would be mr sinister in a FC sequel and we know alot of the FC stuff has been quite global so I could see xavier going to Africa for some reason and finding storm
Would Storm fit in with a Mr. Sinister storyline though? I guess with the right director that they can make anything work.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #382
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I cant fully rememeber the Deluge story so im not certain on how similiar their powers are. I agree we dont want Storm to seem less special or important. Shadow King could work as long as they can develop Storm and just not have her shown as weak and unable to defend herself. You thought JJ had potential to appear in more than one movie, I would have liked her character to return just not the actress.
Actually, if you read my post, you'll see I didn't mention the actress. We won't see JJ again, I'm pretty sure of that. Fox/Singer will view her as a weak link that was poorly received.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #383
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Actually, if you read my post, you'll see I didn't mention the actress. We won't see JJ again, I'm pretty sure of that. Fox/Singer will view her as a weak link that was poorly received.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #384
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Shadow King could be the right villain if the focus of the movie is on Storm. But I don't know, I feel like he's too complicated/unrealistic to be adapted in a movie.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #385
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Shadow King could be the right villain if the focus of the movie is on Storm. But I don't know, I feel like he's too complicated/unrealistic to be adapted in a movie.
Why do you think that he is unrealistic?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #386
xrs13
Cold as ice

The shadow king would be a perfect big bad for a third first class. possibly xavier recruits jean and scott in fc2 then they go to africa in fc3 because storm is going crazy similar to wolverine and the x-men. and xavier finds out its actually farouk. it would be good to see farouk controlling lots of people and so show how the x-men don't necessarily kill. it would help show scott as a leader and a wider range of jeans powers.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #387
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Do you think a team of just Scott and Jean would be enough for a threat in FC2, that is if Beast is still a member. But I do like your idea for FC3 that does sound like an awesome idea.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #388
xrs13
Cold as ice

My idea for FC2 would actually be havok leaving permanently, and then you have xavier, beast, banshee and scott and jean. seeing as we still don't know where banshee is at this point that may work, if not there are still lots of people who would be cool to introduce. Dazzler for example. Having said that it would be cool to see Banshee boost dazzlers powers in a fight perhaps. I dunno, I do think sinister would be a good way for scott and jean to be introduced though. I think maybe not as the big bad but having the marauders as the constant enemy through the film and have sinister try to capture scott and jean for his meddling dna experiments. and that way he is introduced into the franchise and could appear in the next OT film if the timeline alters and brings back scott and jean, that would be good for some dialogue between the three.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #389
xrs13
Cold as ice

Also bare with me on this because im tired so it may not make sense haha, but it might be cool to introduce scott and jean, keep beast and havok on the team, introduce polaris (i know the age thing but i dont really care its not like further down the line we will see much on her being magnetos kid) and send them to krakoa. then have xavier need to bring back banshee and recruit storm, sunfire and thunderbird for the mission. It would be sorta showing the same thing from the comics

there would be potential for scott and havok to be all _ who are you, and then for havok to leave with lorna.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #390
Angamb
Banned User

that would be perfect.

But Singer doesnt give a damm about what the comics did and when they were introduced.

Which director would have used only Pietro on such an important movie instead of both, just like the comics did?

Answer: Singer.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #391
xrs13
Cold as ice

I think the big issue is that because they keep getting really awesome people to play magneto and now jlaw as mystique they dont think they can leave them. Hence either they are working together or as enemies... Having said that haha they could replace polaris with magneto and have them work together again...

Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #392
Angamb
Banned User

I was talking about Pietro and Wanda.

as part of the brotherhood, like 60's comics.

But as always, Singer preffers to add as many males characters as possible.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #393
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I was talking about Pietro and Wanda.

as part of the brotherhood, like 60's comics.

But as always, Singer preffers to add as many males characters as possible.
Yeah I know I mean just in general, he wont expand on the universe because they like using mags and mystique. I don't really mind them using quicksilver in the way they have though because I don't think I could ever see them doing any story that needs both quicksilver and scarlet witch. If they were to do house of M it would pretty much just be the same as x2 in that the threat is mutant extinction. They have to touch on different things in order for it to move forward.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #394
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
My idea for FC2 would actually be havok leaving permanently, and then you have xavier, beast, banshee and scott and jean. seeing as we still don't know where banshee is at this point that may work, if not there are still lots of people who would be cool to introduce. Dazzler for example. Having said that it would be cool to see Banshee boost dazzlers powers in a fight perhaps. I dunno, I do think sinister would be a good way for scott and jean to be introduced though. I think maybe not as the big bad but having the marauders as the constant enemy through the film and have sinister try to capture scott and jean for his meddling dna experiments. and that way he is introduced into the franchise and could appear in the next OT film if the timeline alters and brings back scott and jean, that would be good for some dialogue between the three.
That actually sounds like a good idea. I would love to see Banshee come back i thought IMO that Caleb did a great job with the character. Dazzler is who I was expecting for this movie just because of the time period. That would fit into a movie. I do hope that they just dont give up on FC after DOFP there is still alot of potential there if the right characters are brought in.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #395
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Yeah I know I mean just in general, he wont expand on the universe because they like using mags and mystique. I don't really mind them using quicksilver in the way they have though because I don't think I could ever see them doing any story that needs both quicksilver and scarlet witch. If they were to do house of M it would pretty much just be the same as x2 in that the threat is mutant extinction. They have to touch on different things in order for it to move forward.
it would have been awesome to see Magneto meeting his two kids on this big movie, and having a brotherhood of Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver and Wanda. Would be kind of iconic, and really special.

but anyway, we cant ever have all we want with this franchise, I guess.

and yeah, they'll have to touch on new things if they want to stay fresh on next movies. If not, it will be more of the same.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #396
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Polaris, Wanda or both would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #397
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Why do you think that he is unrealistic?
I've seen him in cartoons/videogames appearing like a ghost or soul. And I only got to see him in his true form when he's in astral plane.

He doesn't really come across a mutant to me, more like an evil ghost/soul.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #398
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I've seen him in cartoons/videogames appearing like a ghost or soul. And I only got to see him in his true form when he's in astral plane.

No, he has a physical form as well. It can be seen in the comic books, at least I remember it in his first encounter with Xavier.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #399
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:

Yes Amahl Farrouk i know I screwed that name up was his physical body I believe. It is fantasy though alot that we think isnt real in comics isnt but thats the beauty of it. Im just concerned that it would rely to much on the astral plane and not enough in the physical world.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #400
Crimz
Side-Kick

Prof. X was able to transfer his mind into another body in previous movies so i don't see the problem and Emma made hallucination in First Class. So him having an Astral body can be done in a movie, it would be like that fake Emma in First Class.

Closed Thread