Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #576
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
If they gave a reason for her to be more rough and edgy like she was in X3 I would be more inclined to understand it becuase that has comic precedents (when she goes dark after almost killing Calisto) but they did not so it left me scratching my head as to why she was yelling at everyone in the film. I think if they would have softened her demeanour and made her say that same "There is nothing wrong with you or any of us for that matter." line she would have done
Well, I can't agree with you here: they definitely gave her a strong reason for her demeanor in X3: she was insulted by the notion that humans had developed a cure for mutation. She was pissed off by it and I can relate to that anger. That would be like me as a man of color learning that some racist group of scientists have developed a cure for being black or to take away the genes that create skin tone variations. Or (since I'm also gay) the idea they've developed a cure or classes to eradicate homosexuality in humans. Either scenario would offend me to the core. If my son or daughter was gay/black and wanted to take a "cure" to eliminate who they were as human beings I'd be equally disgusted--and would definitely tell them so.

Storm is clearly proud of being a mutant. As she said in X1, she had "chosen a side", and the idea that one of her students was willing to throw away her gift by taking a pill simply disgusted her.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #577
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Alt that stuff with storm in X3 felt forced to me

Old 11-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #578
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Well, I can't agree with you here: they definitely gave her a strong reason for her demeanor in X3: she was insulted by the notion that humans had developed a cure for mutation. She was pissed off by it and I can relate to that anger. That would be like me as a man of color learning that some racist group of scientists have developed a cure for being black or to take away the genes that create skin tone variations. Or (since I'm also gay) the idea they've developed a cure or classes to eradicate homosexuality in humans. Either scenario would offend me to the core. If my son or daughter was gay/black and wanted to take a "cure" to eliminate who they were as human beings I'd be equally disgusted--and would definitely tell them so.

Storm is clearly proud of being a mutant. As she said in X1, she had "chosen a side", and the idea that one of her students was willing to throw away her gift by taking a pill simply disgusted her.
I agree with you. I think in X3 they wanted to give Storm a voice and and to assert herself a bit more which she did. But I think her stance on the cure and what she said not only worked for the movie but does have some precedence from the comics. Storm is always outspoken about her beliefs. And Halle showed that. I think Storm's stance against Jean and Logan's choice to try and save her was unjustified even with Jean killing the professor, Storm in the comics would constantly try to reason with her she'd never give up on her.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #579
xrs13
Cold as ice

Its strange but I have always seen storm as the one to get the job done, moreso than logan or cyc. Especially when it comes to jean. If you even look at the animated series, whilst she does consider jean a sister and does try to reason with her she is also the first to try to stop her on several occasions, and I think that is possibly what they aimed for in the film. Yeah she isnt a black and white character but she can be if she needs to.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #580
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Its strange but I have always seen storm as the one to get the job done, moreso than logan or cyc. Especially when it comes to jean. If you even look at the animated series, whilst she does consider jean a sister and does try to reason with her she is also the first to try to stop her on several occasions, and I think that is possibly what they aimed for in the film. Yeah she isnt a black and white character but she can be if she needs to.
Oh no don't get me wrong. Storm would be the first on the battlefield against Jean, hurling lightning and what have you. But what I thought was wrong is that she doesn't even hear Logan out. Logan has known Jean for like all of two years and Storm is supposed to have known her for most of her adulthood so it would seem logical that she would at least explore any option that mean that they wouldn't have to turn against Jean. Watching that scene it's like Storm has given up even trying to bring back Jean. I find that really bad characterization because the Storm in the comics would absolutely try every other option before finally deciding that death was an option.

Even the scene as they board the X-Jet and the way Storm addresses Logan on being ready to kill Jean it just seemed really weird that a friend would turn against a friend so quickly.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #581
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Oh no don't get me wrong. Storm would be the first on the battlefield against Jean, hurling lightning and what have you. But what I thought was wrong is that she doesn't even hear Logan out. Logan has known Jean for like all of two years and Storm is supposed to have known her for most of her adulthood so it would seem logical that she would at least explore any option that mean that they wouldn't have to turn against Jean. Watching that scene it's like Storm has given up even trying to bring back Jean. I find that really bad characterization because the Storm in the comics would absolutely try every other option before finally deciding that death was an option.

Even the scene as they board the X-Jet and the way Storm addresses Logan on being ready to kill Jean it just seemed really weird that a friend would turn against a friend so quickly.
Yeah I agree with you on that. I guess that was more just them trying to make wolverine stand out and unfortunately it made everyone else seem quite heartless haha

Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #582
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

wolverine was the main character in X3, he had to get the good stuff in the story, what they gave to storm was just charity

Old 11-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #583
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Storm didn't really do much in the film after Jean was discovered alive in Alkali Lake and after her speech. In the first part of the film, she was talking and talking and after 30 minutes, she went back to her supporting character role.

But I do like her scenes with Wolverine regarding Jean Grey.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #584
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I really didn't like Storm in X3, but than again the writing for most of the characters in that movie was freaking awful. I am so glad Singer is back with this franchise, because once he left it went to ****.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #585
Lightning Strykez!

It should definitely be interesting. LOL

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #586
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

I'm looking forward to Storms official photos for DOFP. I wonder what they were able to get while her and the others were there for a limited time.

I'm DYING for a kick ass Storm photo for this movie. I want one with a Sentinel in the background

Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #587
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

I noticed in the trailer Storm indeed does have a fauxhawk like many (including me) were expecting. It looks really awesome from the back where I noticed it most.

:o
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #588
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I noticed in the trailer Storm indeed does have a fauxhawk like many (including me) were expecting. It looks really awesome from the back where I noticed it most.

It looks cool. I didn't think they went that route but with a clear trailer I think it works.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #589
Krak66
Side-Kick

All scenes with Storm from X3 were written especially for Halle Berry. That was her condition. Otherwise she would not have agreed to the role.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #590
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
All scenes with Storm from X3 were written especially for Halle Berry. That was her condition. Otherwise she would not have agreed to the role.
Speculation (especially speculation without any evidence) is not fact.

It's a new era for X-Men movies and I think it's time to move on from all that ridiculous gossip.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #591
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Speculation (especially speculation without any evidence) is not fact.

It's a new era for X-Men movies and I think it's time to move on from all that ridiculous gossip.
ok X3 has a crappy script since the beginning. It's fact. They didn't have completed script at the moment of filming. Patrick Stewart said that in one of interviews.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #592
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Today I was playing around a little bit with this (low quality) video of the battle between Storm and Toad that I found and I decided to make some changes that I think help to get the message of this scene accross better - and make Storm look more powerful. You can watch the video here, if you are interested.

Like I said it's a very low quality video (and the editing is far from perfect either). Another thing I also want to fix is toad bascially "teleporting" out of the screen, but I'll have a look what I can do about that as well.

I'll probably make a higher quality version somewhere this week and I intend to do the same thing for some of Storm's other fightscenes.

Last edited by Weather Witch; 11-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #593
Lightning Strykez!

^ Love it!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #594
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm loving my Storm avatar!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #595
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I really didn't like Storm in X3, but than again the writing for most of the characters in that movie was freaking awful. I am so glad Singer is back with this franchise, because once he left it went to ****.
Well one thing I didn't like with Singers movies is how many of the characters are "in name only". Rogue, Bobby, Deathstrike, Mystique, Sabertooth, Storm, Mastermind, and Cyclops (who was written nicely in X1 but easily defeated and absent in X2) are all "in name only". I still feel indifferent towards Singer as many of the characters under his watch lack their personality present in the comics.

And Storm is weirdly written in X3 I liked that she wasn't happy about the cure but her heartlessness towards Jean was completely wrong. In the movie verse I had always felt that Jean, Cyke, and Storm knew each other since their early teens, and that a movie verse dark Phoenix story would focus on Jean going bad and the effects it has on those closest to her (Cyke, Prof. X and Storm and wolverine the least.)

Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #596
xrs13
Cold as ice

So if the future is altered then that by association would mean some more costume changes because they wouldn't be as war ready or maybe even more war ready.
And as Halle said that the costume for storm was altered to add the stomach panel do we think more flesh would have been on the cards for storm?

Any preferences as to what storm should wear in a sequel ?

EDIT:
I would really like to see something like this http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nx...y-gregland.jpg especially because its not the most revealing but is a classicish look. I also want the high heels back from x1. I dunno why but I have always seen Storm as the regal type and since TAS I cant see her without them. X3 made me hate her entire costume for some reason compared to the rest of the clothes she wore in the film.

Last edited by xrs13; 11-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #597
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
So if the future is altered then that by association would mean some more costume changes because they wouldn't be as war ready or maybe even more war ready.
And as Halle said that the costume for storm was altered to add the stomach panel do we think more flesh would have been on the cards for storm?

Any preferences as to what storm should wear in a sequel ?

EDIT:
I would really like to see something like this http://www.fightersgeneration.com/nx...y-gregland.jpg especially because its not the most revealing but is a classicish look. I also want the high heels back from x1. I dunno why but I have always seen Storm as the regal type and since TAS I cant see her without them. X3 made me hate her entire costume for some reason compared to the rest of the clothes she wore in the film.
When did she say that? Had no idea.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #598
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
When did she say that? Had no idea.
I can't remember exactly, It may not have even been her but someone somewhere said that the panel was to hide the pregnancy :S I will try and find it

Edit: There is this http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...202732541.html which mentions it and then this that says she said in an interview but Google is failing me to find the interview http://www.homorazzi.com/article/hal...f-future-past/

Last edited by xrs13; 11-11-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #599
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I wish for the buckles on the chest, they gave her the circular ring that she had from her first comic book costume (the one from Giant-Sized X-men 1)

Old 11-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #600
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

I liked Storm's attitude in X3...I liked her stepping up and Prof. X passing the leadership torch to her. ( I don't like that Cyke pretty much got shafted throughout the trilogy in favor of Logan; Cyke deserves a come back)

As many have said, Storm's attitude towards Jean was to cut and dry IMHO. That may have been unavoidable though if rumors were true that Halle and Famke weren't getting along at the time...the women had no direct scenes together in the movie if you remember... besides Jean being found unconscious...and that's pretty much it.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Closed Thread