Cool~ 29 31.52%
Ok. 9 9.78%
Meh... 4 4.35%
Bad* 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Poll: So how 'bout that trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Yea, sorry I'm not gushing over what seems to be a mediocre movie. :/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Okay, nobody take this the wrong way but did anyone else get a slight Spider-Man 3 Act 1 vibe from the way Peter is getting a bit cocky and the city is celebrating Spider-Man? Not saying the movies will be anything alike, but the general setup for where Peter is at seems to be much more similar to SM-3 than SM-2 which is interesting. And appropriate I suppose, since he does have the girl.

Other than that, the trailer looked pretty good. A lot of daytime Spidey footage this time.
Hmm, I don't think I got an SM3 vibe, but I see what you are saying. Though in this film, I think Peter's cockiness will actually have consequences.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #52
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

I think the setup is a mixture of both SM2 and SM3

SM2 was him struggling with his responsibilities and the superhero life taking its toll on him.Losing his girl and all that

SM3 was him finally settling down and enjoying life,being a little cocky.The crowd appreciates him aswell

TASM2 seems something in between.He seems to a pro now and enjoys life as Spider-man.He probably is cocky at the start of the movie.While we will probably see him struggling to keep hold of his secret and having a strained relationship with Gwen and Aunt May because of that.(Gwen's 'I love Peter Parker more' and Auntmay's 'Everybody has a part of themselves that they hide')

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #53
hobbitbox
Newbie First Class

I see what you're saying about the sm3 tone BatLobsterRises (awesome name by the way) I'm not too concerned about it though. I'm sure everyone on the production is aware of the possibility of a failure like that and are doing all they can to make a fantastic film. I really enjoyed the trailer, hope for an HD version soon. It is less gritty than TASM, which is an element I enjoyed in the first one so I hope it's not a complete tone shift. The stunts looked amazing, enjoyed the humor (yes, even the 'laundry sheriff' haha) and I'm stoked about Electro! If this film manages to weave all the elements together in a cohesive narrative, then it's sure to be the best spider-man film yet. (fingers crossed)

hobbitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #54
Picard Sisko

It seemed like the only reason why Peter was happy in SM3 was because he now had MJ. Otherwise, what was so different about his life from SM2? He still was struggling to pay the bills, he lived in his crappy little apartment, and so on.

In TASM2, he is cocky because he has finally become the Spider-Man we know and love. He is enjoying his powers, and he is starting to feel a little... SUPERior. When things start getting tougher in his life, I think his attitude will change halfway though the film.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #55
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

I cant seem to get enough of duh duh duh duuuuuuuh music from the trailer,which is kinda odd since I hated Horner's music in TASM

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
I cant seem to get enough of duh duh duh duuuuuuuh music from the trailer,which is kinda odd since I hated Horner's music
Well I think the "duh duh duh DUUUUHHH" theme is great, its just the overall score was lacking. I can't get enough of the music in the trailer either btw

Old 07-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #57
Rise_-
Side-Kick

I liked Horner's score, but I feel like it lacked a certain epic/grand scale to it, the music in the footage (assuming it's Zimmer's track, which I'm sure it is) has that scale to it imo.

Really hope it's used in the teaser.

- Superhero Hyperbole Forums.
Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #58
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
I liked Horner's score, but I feel like it lacked a certain epic/grand scale to it, the music in the footage (assuming it's Zimmer's track, which I'm sure it is) has that scale to it imo.

Really hope it's used in the teaser.
I hope its used in the film. lol

Old 07-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #59
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post

Why, exactly does my own opinion, of which only affects me and possibly those who agree with me, bother you so much? Did I say "Picard Sisko, admit it this movie looks average or bad, you're wrong for thinking so."

No, I said I think it looks mediocre. Quit getting so upset over someone's opinion of something, lol.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #60
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I'm beginning to wonder if this footage was released on purpose. I know Sony has been vigilant in taking it down although their efforts seemed to have lessened a bit with overwhelming amount of uploads but something tells me they wanted all this publicity. The footage never leaked from the CC event itself...the security there was formidable. It wasn't until they reshowed the exact same footage at an event where Jamie Foxx was doing a show promoting the movie and talking about Electro. Jamie was given permission to show the clip by Sony, something he refers to in the video, at an event that obviously didn't have the necessary security measures in place. Maybe it wasn't done on purpose to have the footage leak but maybe they were hoping it would. I'm not sure how many people were in the crowd but only one person seemed to have recorded the footage and not only the footage but the entire event. Surely, if there was any security present they would have seen this one person recording, right? Maybe? I dunno. I'm not sure of all the details obviously but something smells fishy about this leak.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #61
Picard Sisko

I don't think this was done on purpose. If they wanted to release the footage then it would have been released.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I don't think this was done on purpose. If they wanted to release the footage then it would have been released.
I'm not entirely sure it was on purpose but they showed the same footage at an event that didn't have the same security. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, on Sony's end, that maybe someone will be recording the event. Maybe they wanted more people to see it to get an idea of where they stood with how the movie looks. I'm not making a claim on this--it's just an idea.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #63
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I'm not entirely sure it was on purpose but they showed the same footage at an event that didn't have the same security. It doesn't take a genius to figure out, on Sony's end, that maybe someone will be recording the event. Maybe they wanted more people to see it to get an idea of where they stood with how the movie looks. I'm not making a claim on this--it's just an idea.
Nothing is impossible. But I have my doubts

Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #64
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spiderman 2 suposed to be main star of event, but Batman and Superman crossover news and Avengers: Age of Ultron stole their attention of promoting new film for bigger audience. Leaking a footage who we all waited for first days of SDCC, give them chance to go back as main blockbuster of year and most anticipated movie. Sony enjoy in attention they got, you can see they tryed keep it everything in mistery (until SDCC) and they still do, giving us some crumbs from time to time. On purpouse or not they get on main road again.

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #65
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
The Amazing Spiderman 2 suposed to be main star of event, but Batman and Superman crossover news and Avengers: Age of Ultron stole their attention of promoting new film for bigger audience. Leaking a footage who we all waited for first days of SDCC, give them chance to go back as main blockbuster of year and most anticipated movie. Sony enjoy in attention they got, you can see they tryed keep it everything in mistery (until SDCC) and they still do, giving us some crumbs from time to time. On purpouse or not they get on main road again.
Avengers 2 and Batman/Superman won't be coming out until 2015, so I don't think they see those movies as competition.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #66
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Avengers 2 and Batman/Superman won't be coming out until 2015, so I don't think they see those movies as competition.
it's not problem in that, as i said they stole their suspense when they promoted the movie. Footage was meant for a little group of people and people who saw footage needed promote movie itself for bigger audience as anticipation. But Batman/Superman and Avengers stole that news. Dont forget both movie scored a over billion, and Avengers yet have in Robert Downey Jr. main star and leader of Avengers who also in IM3 earned over a billion (just on his name). The Amazing Spiderman 2 maybe had big impact at SDCC, but not that big as maybe Sony thinked would be.

Leaking a footage maybe is very good for Sony to again we start talk about TAS2 and his rumours.

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #67
spund
Side-Kick

Finally saw the trailer........that last scene with the car

I cannot wait for this movie!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #68
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I think the "duh duh duh DUUUUHHH" theme is great, its just the overall score was lacking. I can't get enough of the music in the trailer either btw
In the trailer they really beefed that part up with the horns...sounds awesome! In the first movie it was waaay more subtle and just sounded like background music, but here it's more in your face and majestic...the way a Spidey theme should be. I'm glad they improved it, makes all the difference in the world.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #69
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post
In the trailer they really beefed that part up with the horns...sounds awesome! In the first movie it was waaay more subtle and just sounded like background music, but here it's more in your face and majestic...the way a Spidey theme should be. I'm glad they improved it, makes all the difference in the world.
It really does. And I really like the main theme as well so I'm glad they're keeping it and just touching up on it.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #70
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
It really does. And I really like the main theme as well so I'm glad they're keeping it and just touching up on it.

I always hated how the X-Men films changed the theme song for every movie. Though what do you expect from Fox?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #71
spund
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, it's interesting to see how much more awesome they can make a theme just by touching up on it. It went from "that's kinda cool" in TASM to "WOW!" in this trailer.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #72
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Same here. It was a good theme--I liked it very much. It also helps to provide consistency throughout these movies.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #73
Picard Sisko

So 88% of voters (53 of 60) thought the trailer was Awesome or cool.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #74
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:

I always hated how the X-Men films changed the theme song for every movie. Though what do you expect from Fox?
Ah haha I actually didn't notice but that kinda means it's forgettable then right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spund View Post
Yeah, it's interesting to see how much more awesome they can make a theme just by touching up on it. It went from "that's kinda cool" in TASM to "WOW!" in this trailer.
Yeah really. I'm sure that score we heard was just a tease of what's to come. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Same here. It was a good theme--I liked it very much. It also helps to provide consistency throughout these movies.
I like it best when he says to Capt Stacy after being unmasked, "you gotta let me go", puts on the mask, then it starts playing. That's where I fell in love with it. And yes please consistency. Although with a new film crew, that might be a little tough.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #75
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I like it best when he says to Capt Stacy after being unmasked, "you gotta let me go", puts on the mask, then it starts playing. That's where I fell in love with it.
Both musically and theatrically, that was such a great moment.

Quote:
And yes please consistency. Although with a new film crew, that might be a little tough.
You change up the filming crew and things are not gonna be as consistent as they would be with the same people. It's pretty evident from that leaked footage there is a tonal shift with this production. The color palette, the filming technique, camera angles, etc all look to have been altered. It was just a grouping of scenes though and not an official trailer so we'll have to wait and see what direction they're really taking. But my comment was referring to how keeping consistency will be aided with elements of the music remaining intact. I really liked Horner's theme so I'm glad they're at least keeping most of it and just modifying it.