Cool~ 29 31.52%
Ok. 9 9.78%
Meh... 4 4.35%
Bad* 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #76
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Poll: So how 'bout that trailer?

There is some inconsistency with the look and feel of the film (going from digital to film, different composers, new writers, and so on), but thats okay. I'm fine with these changes because so far, they are improvements.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #77
Supa
Side-Kick

Just saw the trailer now.
It looks really good, but to be honest, it doesn't feel like a sequel. It feels like a completely different series. Which could good or bad.
The whole tone feels almost the opposite. Calling it like day and night is actually pretty fitting, considering TASM all took place at night or sunset, but this seems like it's gonna be daytime.

Also, is Rhino still in this movie. I know they dropped Mary Jane, did they drop Rhino too? I wouldn't mind that, to be honest. Rhino's a rather silly villain for the big screen

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #78
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Ah haha I actually didn't notice but that kinda means it's forgettable then right?
Same - I can't actually remember how any of the X-men songs go. Weird

I am in love with the improved theme song from the trailer - I actually caught myself humming it on the way to work just now! Heck, I'm supposed to be working right now, but instead i'm even talking about it

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #79
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

I believe the trailer showed that is has been quite some time after Peter became Spiderman.
Unlike the trailer for the first one, it seems that it doesn't try to pretend its the dark knight. Especially when considering the first movie wasn't that dark.
From the trailer, there seems to be some nighttime settings too.

Yes... He's gonna be in the movie. He's not shown in the trailer because the cg wasn't finished.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #80
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa View Post
Just saw the trailer now.
It looks really good, but to be honest, it doesn't feel like a sequel. It feels like a completely different series. Which could good or bad.
I disagree. It feels like a sequel, but it does have a different feel in terms of its tone. And I think its a good thing.

Quote:
The whole tone feels almost the opposite. Calling it like day and night is actually pretty fitting, considering TASM all took place at night or sunset, but this seems like it's gonna be daytime.
Well the fight scenes with Electro seem to take place at night.

Quote:
Also, is Rhino still in this movie. I know they dropped Mary Jane, did they drop Rhino too? I wouldn't mind that, to be honest. Rhino's a rather silly villain for the big screen
Rhino is in the movie, but has a small role. I think he works on the big screen, just not as the main villain.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #81
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
We have seen set pics of Giamatti inside a rig that was set up to look like he would be inside a large suit of some kind. We probably won't see any pics of how he looks for awhile since this requires some serious CGI work. However, it remains to be seen if they would actually drop Rhino completely from the film--my guess is that he won't be dropped.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #82
Picard Sisko

He definitely won't be dropped from the film.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #83
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It feels like a sequel, but it does have a different feel in terms of its tone. And I think its a good thing.
Agreed.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #84
Picard Sisko

I think its good for a sequel to have a different feel so it feels fresh. There are still enough elements to make it feel like its part of the same series.

Look at Star Trek: The Motion Picture, followed by The Wrath of Khan. VERY different feel to both, but they still were close enough to be part of the same series.

Or heck, to be more relevant, Spider-Man 2 felt very different from the first one.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #85
Supa
Side-Kick

I just feel that Rhino's going to be hard to take seriously if he's got a small part. But I guess I'll just have to see how they go about it.

My problem with the tone is that it feels inconsistent. TASM was grounded, and somewhat gritty. There was more focus on science, as opposed to mystical, for lack of a better word, on the superpowers, like other superhero movies. Raimi's movies had this. Sure, most of the villains were still created by science, but they didn't really try to make it feel like real science.
This movie feels more lighthearted, and I do like that. It's nice to have more light superhero movies after Batman Begins.
But with TASM getting a lot of "It's the same, so it sucks" I worry this one's gonna get more of that.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #86
Picard Sisko

Quote:
I just feel that Rhino's going to be hard to take seriously if he's got a small part. But I guess I'll just have to see how they go about it.
What does that have to do with taking him seriously?

Quote:
My problem with the tone is that it feels inconsistent. TASM was grounded, and somewhat gritty.
No, TASM wasn't "gritty."

Quote:
There was more focus on science, as opposed to mystical, for lack of a better word, on the superpowers, like other superhero movies. Raimi's movies had this. Sure, most of the villains were still created by science, but they didn't really try to make it feel like real science.
A man turned into a giant Lizard. Electro isn't mystical, just more powerful. Its all science-fiction.

Quote:
This movie feels more lighthearted, and I do like that. It's nice to have more light superhero movies after Batman Begins.
I think the opening act will be more light hearted, but the movie will get more serious once we get introduced to Harry and Norman, and when Max Dillon turns into Electro.

Quote:
But with TASM getting a lot of "It's the same, so it sucks" I worry this one's gonna get more of that.
Well there is no origin story, so if people use that criticism then they are really going too far. Unless Spider-Man loses his powers and Peter quits.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #87
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

They have more daytime spidey and people think it will be a happy go lucky rami film?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #88
Picard Sisko

Raimi invented daytime Spider-Man scenes.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #89
Supa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
What does that have to do with taking him seriously?
Having a bigger part allows more justification for the giant Rhino suit. If Rhino's a small part, it'd be hard to take seriously.

Quote:
No, TASM wasn't "gritty."
Maybe not, but it did seem like it was going for dark and seriousness.

Quote:
A man turned into a giant Lizard. Electro isn't mystical, just more powerful. Its all science-fiction.
Of course. I haven't seen the sequel, so I can't really speak, but TASM was more Science, and TASM2 seems to lean towards Fiction, if that makes sense. Again, basing this off a single trailer filmed off-screen. But this one doesn't look like it's going to be as "grounded" as the first one. Not a bad thing, but it does feel inconsistent.

Quote:
I think the opening act will be more light hearted, but the movie will get more serious once we get introduced to Harry and Norman, and when Max Dillon turns into Electro.
It seems to take that route. I feel like the truck chase and Spidey meeting Max are the beginning scenes, while Rhino and Electro going evil is the end. Once again, I worry that Rhino won't have enough build-up if this is the case, especially since he's not working with Max or something. He won't feel connected to the rest of the cast.

Quote:
Well there is no origin story, so if people use that criticism then they are really going too far. Unless Spider-Man loses his powers and Peter quits.
Well, there is the matter of the costume looking similar. The tone, from what I can tell, almost feels like a mix of Raimi's trilogy and TASM.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #90
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Both musically and theatrically, that was such a great moment.

You change up the filming crew and things are not gonna be as consistent as they would be with the same people. It's pretty evident from that leaked footage there is a tonal shift with this production. The color palette, the filming technique, camera angles, etc all look to have been altered. It was just a grouping of scenes though and not an official trailer so we'll have to wait and see what direction they're really taking. But my comment was referring to how keeping consistency will be aided with elements of the music remaining intact. I really liked Horner's theme so I'm glad they're at least keeping most of it and just modifying it.
Right. Exactly. Very obvious change in tone with this leaked footage. Colors are night and day different to TASM, but then again I do think they were simply showcasing some fun stuff. If you look at the Electro teaser for SDCC, the colors (of course it being in HD as well) look a bit dark and colorful at the same time.

That being said, I hope the "darker elements" to TASM story wise, carry over.

Yeah totally. Keeping some of the theme will definitely aid in consistency with the series.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #91
mayo23
Side-Kick

But until we actually see the film, all of this talk about tonal shifts and changes are still just based on leaked pixelated footage. The trailers for ASM made it appear dark and gritty. I personally felt it was majorly light, but grounded. Even with the trailer, you can see how the fun tone changed quite quickly with editing and music.

mayo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #92
BenKenobi
Banned User

For a first trailer I'd say it was pretty solid. Given the last film came out just over a year ago however, personally I find the work they've accomplished to be absolutely brilliant.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #93
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Right. Exactly. Very obvious change in tone with this leaked footage. Colors are night and day different to TASM, but then again I do think they were simply showcasing some fun stuff. If you look at the Electro teaser for SDCC, the colors (of course it being in HD as well) look a bit dark and colorful at the same time.

That being said, I hope the "darker elements" to TASM story wise, carry over.

Yeah totally. Keeping some of the theme will definitely aid in consistency with the series.
I'm happy with the tone of the trailer broadcasts, imo the "dark elements" of the last film really brought it down. It's Spidey not Batman!

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #94
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Same - I can't actually remember how any of the X-men songs go. Weird

I am in love with the improved theme song from the trailer - I actually caught myself humming it on the way to work just now! Heck, I'm supposed to be working right now, but instead i'm even talking about it
Haha. Maybe it's 'cause we haven't seen those movies in a while.

Btw, I was totally humming the original theme today at work too so

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
I'm happy with the tone of the trailer broadcasts, imo the "dark elements" of the last film really brought it down. It's Spidey not Batman!
Darker elements being Oscorp, Peter's relationship with Oscorp, Peter's parent's disappearance, the unknown force that knows about Peter's parents. Love all that.

Last edited by Nicko-Ray; 07-31-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #95
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Awesomeness. Can't wait to see it in glorious HD

Last edited by Mrpaul; 08-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #96
Picard Sisko

Its not like Spider-Man has ever had dark elements in his stories.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #97
Mr : Parker
Side-Kick

looks great , however , does anyone have regrets he seeing it already , like me , i have , must see it , but afterwords i regret it , damn internet

Mr : Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #98
flickchick85
Loose Seal

I forgot to mention my favorite part of the trailer - the fact that the music in it sounds like a new variation on Horner's main theme, which gives me hope that they're keeping that, even if Zimmer's doing the score. I was so sure that a new composer meant the theme was getting tossed out completely, so it's good to have hope again. I just love that theme so much.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #99
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

"i just wanted everybody to see me"

wanted. past tense.

does electro have a change of heart at the end? hrmm..

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #100
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Still don't understand people's issue with two different tones :P It felt more honest and I really like it for that.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote