The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #526
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

I have heard rumors here and there that Hugh wasn't always completely natural in his many years of training to play Wolverine.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #527
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
"The Batman" look worked well in animation, especially with the cape. There's no way they'll translate the way the cape looked onto the screen well. It was always silky looking and perfectly angled. I doubt the cape will be below his feet.
I wasn't really posting those pics in regards to the suit. Just his body and how he could be shown as smaller than Superman. I don't even like the length of the MOS cape, so I doubt I'd be fine with something like The Batman as cool-looking it was at times.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #528
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
"The Batman" look worked well in animation, especially with the cape. There's no way they'll translate the way the cape looked onto the screen well. It was always silky looking and perfectly angled. I doubt the cape will be below his feet.
since most of Superman's cape was CGI in MOS i imagine Batman's will be the same.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #529
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I have heard rumors here and there that Hugh wasn't always completely natural in his many years of training to play Wolverine.

I heard that a well. HGH...cough...ahem....cough

Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #530
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
true that now its cutting time...i wonder what a seasoned batman needs to look like...i agree as well that he doesent need to look hugh jackman lean

I'm sure Ben has been bulking and adding calories since he was cast. I don't think it's cutting time quite yet.

As someone said. He is already a big guy. Once he starts lifting and eating right, he will become bulky and shredded.

I think he probably won't need to start lean cut training until beginning December. He will probably use the special Hollywood/Athlete serum as well for 2 or 3 cycles.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #531
HUMANIMAL

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread

i was also reffering to my own gains about the cutting time;-) yeah hell be lean in no time when they start filming...i was also questioning myself: how bout we see a seasoned batman in the beginning of the film and later on he gets in shape again, i mean they will filming a few months right? basicly the opposite of what cavill has done for his shirtless scenes in the beginning...they filmed those first right? did he changed his diet after this and raised the calories again? im not sure

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 11-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #532
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The pics a good example of what I was talking about earlier about how I don't think ben really put on much mass for the town but actually really just got his bodyfat% down mostly. I'm almost positive he's heavier in the pic on the left.

Most people here are talking about Ben bulking and gaining muscle mass which is different from cutting.

Are they trying to go a with a hulking batman maybe more like Bale in batman begins early scenes, or a lean and cut batman? Those are two different processes to aim for.
He'll have both, good size due to his natural proportions but also very cut because as he showed in Town, he can get shredded. And its the same trainer again so I think they would want to push the definition even further because that is what pops on the screen. It makes you look bigger too.

Size wise I think he's okay. He's a naturally big fella.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #533
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Slumcat, do you know if Jackman has used performance enhancing drugs/steroids for his body? I know he has been training hard for years, and he gives it his all. But many, many people I know accuse him of steroid use. I personally think he hasn't, and that it was all his own hard work. I'd like to know your opinion.
I think the steroid here might only be his hard work and continuing devotion. He has basically improved upon his every last appearance for Wolverine. He was getting bigger and bigger and was probably his biggest for Wolverine: Origins. But after that he has changed track a bit, he's not so much now huge, just hyper-cut which makes him look bigger than before by the admission of his own trainer.

So I would like to think no, he's not juiced (though you can never ever know in Hollywood). But the absolutely biggest argument against his being juiced is simply the length of time he has devoted. Steroids aid recovery and actors mostly get them when they wanna do a really quick bulk up or drastic transformation in a short amount of time. Jackman has made his transformation over almost a decade now. He has been patiently and gradually chiseling his body so that he has achieved his peak now, at the ripe old age of 45. So all things indicate to his being natural (for the most part).

Old 11-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #534
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
i was also reffering to my own gains about the cutting time;-) yeah hell be lean in no time when they start filming...i was also questioning myself: how bout we see a seasoned batman in the beginning of the film and later on he gets in shape again, i mean they will filming a few months right? basicly the opposite of what cavill has done for his shirtless scenes in the beginning...they filmed those first right? did he changed his diet after this and raised the calories again? im not sure
They filmed those bang in the middle. Cavill said while bulking he was at 5000-6000 calories a day. He got really swole on that but for the suit scenes he went down to 3500 a day and had to roughly maintain his suit physique for the duration of the shoot.

But in the middle, he went on a six week intense leaning phase where he was at 1500 calories to get his body fat down real low for the shirtless scenes. He had to maintain his shirtless shape for 3 weeks because his two shirtless scenes were scheduled 3 weeks apart. After the shirtless scenes were canned he again upped to 3500 for the rest of the shoot for his suit physique.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #535
HUMANIMAL

ah thanks for clearing that up. so ben could bulk up till the beginning of shooting and later go on a diet ...just incease the plot demands it and if he will a have shirtless scene as well and if they are even able to film in this order

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 11-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #536
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
I heard that a well. HGH...cough...ahem....cough
I heard that he ate 6000...calories...a...day...cough...ahem...cough!

Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #537
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I heard that he ate 6000...calories...a...day...cough...ahem...cough!
6000...calories...a...day..cough...ahem...with..pr ohormones....

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #538
HUMANIMAL

he'd better taking steroids instead of prohormones...anyhow is this official somehow or just an accusation?

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #539
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
6000...calories...a...day..cough...ahem...with..pr ohormones....
I know he took creatine.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #540
HUMANIMAL

there tons of legal products he can use..it dosent always has to be the hard stuff

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #541
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Nobody's bodies could process 5000-6000 calories daily naturally and gain only mostly muscle. Those types of figure are ludicrous for people to attempt who are not on some kind of hormone or illegal supplement.

What actors want to do to get the desired look they need in the time they have to is up to them but unfortunately some people assume that simply eating as many calories as these actors are would result in similar results when they would certainly not, at least done naturally. The same goes for 4 hours a day muscle workouts 5 days a week, anybody would simply burnout beyond belief attempting this naturally.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #542
HUMANIMAL

with a base like this no illegal stuff is needed till his superman shape...sidenote, 2 friends of mine gained 16 pounds in 3 months with intense training, alot of eating, a preeworkout booster, creatine and alot of protein...no illegal stuff was involved and both kept their abs ( had to edit it ) it was 3 months and 16 pounds (8 kilograms)

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 11-14-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #543
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Kept abs on creatine? Not without a serious amount of dehydrating yourself before showing them off (Henry dehydrated for 2 days for his 8-pack shot). Because that literally goes against how the substance works, so either your friend aren't human, or something else was going on (also some of that will be water weight from the creatine, too).

Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #544
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Nobody's bodies could process 5000-6000 calories daily naturally and gain only mostly muscle. Those types of figure are ludicrous for people to attempt who are not on some kind of hormone or illegal supplement.
Of course they can. It's all up to how much of those calories are excess calories.
Someone who's balanced at 3000cal/day will of course gain a lot of fat but somone who balance at 5000-5500/day will of course get different results.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #545
HUMANIMAL

hey they got bigger and stayed in shape without illegal substances so hard to believe? i trained with one of them, he is a personal trainer and i made gains in no time like never before. focus intensity nutrition enough rest...actors dont necesseraly lie...i mean they are actors they pretend for a living and its certanly hard to take everything they say seriously...but theres also alot of jealousy involved when they appear in front of the camera, like: noway he must have taken something...thats not always the case...and like i said it has not to be illegal either...mmmm guess this belongs more to the gym thread, sorry

here is a good example i found time ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuhzWKbRq6s

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 11-14-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #546
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Of course they can. It's all up to how much of those calories are excess calories.
Someone who's balanced at 3000cal/day will of course gain a lot of fat but somone who balance at 5000-5500/day will of course get different results.
What non-elite athlete type regularly balances over 5000 cals a day while staying in decent shape? that's about twice the recommended calorie intake for a man.

My point is most of these actor types who gain mass for these role are not elite athletes regardless of how good their natural bases may be. The reason they are able to consume these many cals without becoming plain fat, is because like I said they go through condensed workouts where they are weight training 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week for months on end. A regiment that would actually be damaging to regular (natural) people due to the amount of over-training and lack of rest periods for muscle growth. Howerver on HGH for example, the healing process is radically sped up so muscle is growing continually regardless of needed rest periods.

I'm not calling anybody out or accusing them of cheating just clearing things up. I know a good deal about this stuff and what a natural body can go through. When a lot of amateur gym types (who may already be in good shape) read about these workouts the stars do and try to imitate them it's often disastrous.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #547
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
What non-elite athlete type regularly balances over 5000 cals a day while staying in decent shape? that's about twice the recommended calorie intake for a man.
It's probably not all that common but I'm sure if you for example work in a coal mine 12 hours a day and still have an active lifestyle I'm sure you would be able to get to those numbers.

Quote:
My point is most of these actor types who gain mass for these role are not elite athletes regardless of how good their natural bases may be. The reason they are able to consume these many cals without becoming plain fat, is because like I said they go through condensed workouts where they are weight training 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week for months on end. A regiment that would actually be damaging to regular (natural) people due to the amount of over-training and lack of rest periods for muscle growth. Howerver on HGH for example, the healing process is radically sped up so muscle is growing continually regardless of needed rest periods.
I really don't know much about actors workout regiments or HGH, so I'm just gonna take your word for it.

Quote:
I'm not calling anybody out or accusing them of cheating just clearing things up. I know a good deal about this stuff and what a natural body can go through. When a lot of amateur gym types (who may already be in good shape) read about these workouts the stars do and try to imitate them it's often disastrous.
Yep I agree, many people assume that whatever works for someone else will work just as good on them, even without knowing the full picture of it all.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #548
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post

Yep I agree, many people assume that whatever works for someone else will work just as good on them, even without knowing the full picture of it all.
thats why the stars have a personal trainer

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 11-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #549
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
thats why the stars have a personal trainer
Yep, and it's also their job, so they can afford to prioratize differently.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #550
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

You could have the best personal trainer in the world and you still can't put on 30 pounds of lean muscle in 3-4 months like some of these stars are. There are limits to the human body that apply no matter what.

Cavill was already in great shape from immortals so I'm not saying he did or didn't use illegal supplements but there are a number of stars I am positive had to have turned to those.

Most people probably assume the rock for example is on steroids or HGH (which he is) but he actually is an elite or was an elite level athlete and a fitness freak for years if not decades however if some other actor not known for bodybuilding puts on 30 pounds of muscle in 4 months they somehow seem to get a slide in the steroid accusation department? it's funny.

Closed Thread